Disney will never surpass the EU.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revanchiste

Revanchiste
And Ha yhea O.T character are lame, they are 70s character that are not able to die whatsoever if they are the good guys ! After episode VI that have been confirmed.
Han solo is one dimentionnal character, just your classic space cow-boy well acted, the only media where I saw him being a good character is at the end of EaW rebel campaign !
Harrisson Ford hate him he prefer play indiana, Jones he ask to leave star wars at episode V that's why he go with in teh carbonite and die in episode VII, he was not even willing to play episode VI or VII, but a nice money wallet and the promise of a new indiana Jones roles make him change his mind twice !

Luke should have fallen to the Dark side.

Revanchiste
Ooops wrong section.. Foock.. Modo? Modo? Can you....

ILS
Han Solo > Revan as a character

McP
Perhaps. But I wouldn't be so sure, Revan is, along with Quinlan Vos, one of the most interesting characters in the EU. And his way to the Dark Side is one of them most reasonable and believeable. Not like Starkiller: "im bad, i'm good, i'm bad, i'm good" etc etc.

Jmanghan
TFA was pretty much a masterpiece, nearly up to par with the OG Trilogy, you'd be hardpressed to find someone who disliked it.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Jmanghan
you'd be hardpressed to find someone who disliked it.

Lol, no.

quanchi112
TFA was pretty much a masterpiece, nearly up to par with the OG Trilogy, you'd be hardpressed to find someone who disliked it. I have heard from plenty who didn't like it. This is entirely subjective anyways and no movie on the planet has ever been unanimously loved.

Lord Stark
With a 95% on Rotten Tomatoes, its pretty damned close lol

Gambler
Originally posted by Revanchiste
And Ha yhea O.T character are lame, they are 70s character that are not able to die whatsoever if they are the good guys ! After episode VI that have been confirmed.
Han solo is one dimentionnal character, just your classic space cow-boy well acted, the only media where I saw him being a good character is at the end of EaW rebel campaign !
Harrisson Ford hate him he prefer play indiana, Jones he ask to leave star wars at episode V that's why he go with in teh carbonite and die in episode VII, he was not even willing to play episode VI or VII, but a nice money wallet and the promise of a new indiana Jones roles make him change his mind twice !

Luke should have fallen to the Dark side.

I agree with your original post, but not with this one. Original Trilogy surpasses everything. Han Solo is Han Solo. I read in an interview that Harrison Ford acknowledged that he was wrong about wanting Han to die in ROTJ. I didn't like how he was killed off in TFA. He should have gone out in a space battle or any other reckless way.

But, yeah, Marvel/Disney isn't capable to keep up with Dark Horse comics. They missed a great opportunity to make it even bigger thing by deleting Expanded Universe. Terrible choice, terrible management. Even Lucas, although did terrible things to EU, allowed it to flourish. He knew what was necessary to keep SW alive.

Gambler
TFA was pretty much a masterpiece, nearly up to par with the OG Trilogy, you'd be hardpressed to find someone who disliked it.
It cannot be a masterpiece, because it copied ANH. If the story was original, then maybe, yes, but we've seen it before.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by McP
Perhaps. But I wouldn't be so sure, Revan is, along with Quinlan Vos, one of the most interesting characters in the EU. And his way to the Dark Side is one of them most reasonable and believeable. Not like Starkiller: "im bad, i'm good, i'm bad, i'm good" etc etc.

Uh, no... That's exactly what Revan is like.

Total Warrior
TFA was pretty much a masterpiece, nearly up to par with the OG Trilogy, you'd be hardpressed to find someone who disliked it. Tbh i've really liked the movie till Kylo took off his mask, from that scene to the end, Solo's death aside, the movie didn't particurarly strike me, even the final duel between Rey and Ren isn't on par with Kenobi/Anakin and Sidious/Yoda in ROTS, which are still the best duels in the movies imo

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Gambler
It cannot be a masterpiece, because it copied ANH. If the story was original, then maybe, yes, but we've seen it before.
That's not what masterpiece means. And most of the EU was riding off the OT anyway, way longer than it should have.

Anyway, TFA is already better than most of the EU. It was utter garbage for the most part.

Gambler
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
That's not what masterpiece means. And most of the EU was riding off the OT anyway, way longer than it should have.

Anyway, TFA is already better than most of the EU. It was utter garbage for the most part.

Apparently you're unfamiliar with EU. TFA basically ripped it off. Nothing original at all, except for Rey's story. OT was masterpiece.

DarthAnt66
Just like KotOR ripped off the OT, but no one seems to complain about that either and most generally label it as the best SW game ever?

TFA was the best SW film. 10/10.

Gambler
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Just like KotOR ripped off the OT, but no one seems to complain about that either and most generally label it as the best SW game ever?

TFA was the best SW film. 10/10.

With Star Forge? The concept was similar yet original. It was no super weapon. KotOR introduced idea of Jedi temples scattered across the Galaxy. Besides Star Forge the rest was something new, that was the reason the era became so popular. Kotor successfully borrowed the adventure, travel concept, which is not a rip-off. It's what Star Wars is.

FreshestSlice
Apparently you're unfamiliar with EU. TFA basically ripped it off. Nothing original at all, except for Rey's story. OT was masterpiece.
Right that's why every villain is Palpatine or Vader, everything concerns Luke, and the Jedi are constantly destroyed, with a new Sith Empire in control. Because the EU is nothing like the OT.

Gambler
Right that's why every villain is Palpatine or Vader, everything concerns Luke, and the Jedi are constantly destroyed, with a new Sith Empire in control. Because the EU is nothing like the OT.

And TFA isn't? There are many EU stories. Some are quite original, some are cheap OT rip-offs. TFA had a chance to go the original way, but they chose to rehash instead.

FreshestSlice
The difference is TFA is good. Like Ant said. Most of the EU? Not so much.

Gambler
The difference is TFA is good. Like Ant said. Most of the EU? Not so much.

Good? The movie wasn't terrible, but still it's A New Hope rip-off. There's no need to attack EU because of that. Remember that EU was there before TFA, long before. And it had both good and bad stories.

DarthAnt66
The extremely positive reviews on TFA beg to differ.

FreshestSlice
Who cares if it's an ANH rip-off? That doesn't make or break a movie. There are no new stories under the son. The Force Awakens is good because it's good. The EU was always shit. It didn't become shit when TFA premiered, or when Lucas sold Star Wars. The fact that it's older doesn't make it better. And yes, it had good and bad stories. Mostly bad. Which is why I said it was shit. Literally the only thing I can thank the EU for is keeping Star Wars alive until BioWare could make KotOR and Lucas and Filoni could make TCW.

Gambler
Who cares if it's an ANH rip-off? That doesn't make or break a movie. There are no new stories under the son. The Force Awakens is good because it's good. The EU was always shit. It didn't become shit when TFA premiered, or when Lucas sold Star Wars. The fact that it's older doesn't make it better. And yes, it had good and bad stories. Mostly bad. Which is why I said it was shit. Literally the only thing I can thank the EU for is keeping Star Wars alive until BioWare could make KotOR and Lucas and Filoni could make TCW.

TCW was definitely not the best thing of SW. It was actually garbage. Just let the time pass and your enthusiastic high opinions about TFA will decrease. I'm not saying that the movie was bad. It has its entertainment value, and I would probably watch it again. However, it's a weak SW movie and it doesn't rekindle my SW spirit. I wouldn't become a SW fan after watching this movie.

If you say most of EU is "shit", it just means that you don't know it at all.

Who cares if it's a rip-off? Are you really that much a fanboy?

FreshestSlice
Oh look. One of those, "I'm a true Star Wars fan," types. Never see those.

Beniboybling
TCW was definitely not the best thing of SW. It was actually garbage.https://49.media.tumblr.com/6db2897cf43adbdfebfe30a0ef73bf97/tumblr_n33agrvh6y1qgjscuo1_250.gif

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Beniboybling
https://49.media.tumblr.com/6db2897cf43adbdfebfe30a0ef73bf97/tumblr_n33agrvh6y1qgjscuo1_250.gif thumb up

Nephthys
http://statici.behindthevoiceactors.com/behindthevoiceactors/_img/chars/char_10682.jpg

Look into your heart, you know it's true.

DarthAnt66
I hate to admit it but Neph just soloed this thread.

Emperordmb
LMFAO ZIRO!!!!

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Nephthys
http://statici.behindthevoiceactors.com/behindthevoiceactors/_img/chars/char_10682.jpg

Look into your heart, you know it's true. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aOGzdlcu6Wg/UVDg5TNy1mI/AAAAAAAAFwc/-F1uqItSqmA/s1600/HuntZiro4.png

Gambler
Oh look. One of those, "I'm a true Star Wars fan," types. Never see those.

Never said that. Never will say that. SW is just for fun. At least for me. And that fun was in EU, which was eliminated. And here you're telling me that what I liked was pure garbage.

FreshestSlice
It was. The whole, "You only like TFA because it's new," is what I'm talking about. It's pretentious as hell. Not to mention all your criticisms of it apply to the EU.

Lord Stark
https://49.media.tumblr.com/6db2897cf43adbdfebfe30a0ef73bf97/tumblr_n33agrvh6y1qgjscuo1_250.gif

thumb up thumb up

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Nephthys

Look into your heart,fluid sack you know it's true.
FTFY

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Tbh i've really liked the movie till Kylo took off his mask, from that scene to the end, Solo's death aside, the movie didn't particurarly strike me, even the final duel between Rey and Ren isn't on par with Kenobi/Anakin and Sidious/Yoda in ROTS, which are still the best duels in the movies imo SPOILERS? YOU ****ING DOUCHEBAG.

HEY GUYS, SOLO DIES!!!

Q99
The new comics have been pretty good so far.

Of course, give 'em a decade or two and at that point we'll have as much material as the old EU, but it'll take time to get there.

Jmanghan
TCW was definitely not the best thing of SW. It was actually garbage. Just let the time pass and your enthusiastic high opinions about TFA will decrease. I'm not saying that the movie was bad. It has its entertainment value, and I would probably watch it again. However, it's a weak SW movie and it doesn't rekindle my SW spirit. I wouldn't become a SW fan after watching this movie.

If you say most of EU is "shit", it just means that you don't know it at all.

Who cares if it's a rip-off? Are you really that much a fanboy?

This movie almost got a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.

I haven't seen a single bad review, and I'm sure the score will be the same 10 years from now.

Its just a really good movie.

DarthAnt66
SPOILERS? YOU ****ING DOUCHEBAG.

HEY GUYS, SOLO DIES!!!
Spoilers are to be expected when browsing through a place specifically made for people to discuss Star Wars.

Jmanghan
Spoilers are to be expected when browsing through a place specifically made for people to discuss Star Wars. Not when the movie came out 3 days ago.

Imp deleted my post for spoiling parts of Halo 5 when it was already 40 pages in and had been out for 2 weeks.

Q99
Spoilers are to be expected when browsing through a place specifically made for people to discuss Star Wars.

We have specific spoiler threads at this point, though. It's still the first week, assuming everyone knows is a jerk move.

Jmanghan
Who cares if it's an ANH rip-off? That doesn't make or break a movie. There are no new stories under the son. The Force Awakens is good because it's good. The EU was always shit. It didn't become shit when TFA premiered, or when Lucas sold Star Wars. The fact that it's older doesn't make it better. And yes, it had good and bad stories. Mostly bad. Which is why I said it was shit. Literally the only thing I can thank the EU for is keeping Star Wars alive until BioWare could make KotOR and Lucas and Filoni could make TCW. KOTOR is one of the best RPG's of all time.

Kyle Katarn is badass, Darth Bane, Revan, Nihilus.

Also, the best thing to come out of the EU was The Old Republic era.

Beniboybling

HEY GUYS, SOLO DIES!!! Right, because anybody who hadn't noticed that certainly has now.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

FreshestSlice
KOTOR is one of the best RPG's of all time.

Kyle Katarn is badass, Darth Bane, Revan, Nihilus.

Also, the best thing to come out of the EU was The Old Republic era.
That's great. I never said it wasn't a good game, although "one of the best RPGs of all time." is lulzworthy given BioWare has made better games before and since.

Kyle's cool, but that rest of that list is laughable at best.

Yeah. That's not a good thing.

SunRazer
With Star Forge? The concept was similar yet original. It was no super weapon. KotOR introduced idea of Jedi temples scattered across the Galaxy. Besides Star Forge the rest was something new, that was the reason the era became so popular. Kotor successfully borrowed the adventure, travel concept, which is not a rip-off. It's what Star Wars is.

That's not true. KotOR and TFA are both heavily inspired by the original Star Wars trilogy. The whole premise of KotOR is to reflect the SW trilogy. You had somebody who learns of his affinity with the Force and grows at a preposterously fast rate, you had a Vader-esque villain in Malak, you had a super space station that you fought the villain in (the Star Forge compared with the Death Star), you had a shocking plot twist, the allied Jedi who sacrifices themself for your escape from the villain, you had elements of redemption, etc. And then there are more minor things like Vandar being Yoda, the fleet battle destroying the space station at the end, and even the companions are inspired from the OT characters. You can honestly argue that KotOR ripped off from the OT even more than TFA did, but that's besides the point; that's what they were meant to do - to evoke the feeling of the original Star Wars, and that's why both were very well received (critically and commercially).

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Q99
We have specific spoiler threads at this point, though. It's still the first week, assuming everyone knows is a jerk move.

thumb up

HEY GUYS, SOLO DIES!!!

^ I added the spoiler tag for you.

Because you just shouted out a HUGE spoiler yourself.

This movie almost got a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.

I haven't seen a single bad review, and I'm sure the score will be the same 10 years from now.

Its just a really good movie.

Dude seriously That's lame, letting Critics and other movie reviewers Decide how good the movie is.

Jmanghan
Right, because anybody who hadn't noticed that certainly has now.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Did that out of sarcasm, if someone got to my post, they certainly already read his.

You guys are ****ing idiots.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Darth Thor
thumb up

^ I added the spoiler tag for you.

Because you just shouted out a HUGE spoiler yourself.

Dude seriously That's lame, letting Critics and other movie reviewers Decide how good the movie is.
He spoiled it too, if they saw my post, they definitely already saw his.

Lol, no, thats normal, critics are people that get paid to review movies, that is their job, but you know, its fine. You and Gambler's opinion > Pro Critics like IMDB, MetaCritic, RottenTomatoes.

What fantasy land do you live in, dude?

Trocity
https://i.imgflip.com/w6hxz.jpg

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
> Bioware

> One of the best RPG's of all time

> Not happening, expect maybe with certain games that aren't KOTOR

Jmanghan
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
> Bioware

> One of the best RPG's of all time

> Not happening, expect maybe with certain games that aren't KOTOR

Universal Acclaim >>>>>>>> Dog Shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Your Opinion.

KOTOR gets compared to Mass Effect a lot more then you'd think.

Trocity
Mad-O-Meter:

You

Blind with Rage

Livid

Mad

Tad Bit Upset

Ok

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Trocity
Mad-O-Meter:

You

Blind with Rage

Livid

Mad

Tad Bit Upset

Ok

Nah, you just have to act like a douche to get your point across sometimes.

FreshestSlice
Universal Acclaim >>>>>>>> Dog Shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Your Opinion.

KOTOR gets compared to Mass Effect a lot more then you'd think.
Universal acclaim? Kek.

You think that's a good thing? I'm not sure why you haven't gotten that BioWare has been telling this story since Baldur's Gate yet. Of course KotOR is compared to Mass Effect. They're the exact same game and they're made by the exact same people.

Jmanghan
Universal acclaim? Kek.

You think that's a good thing? I'm not sure why you haven't gotten that BioWare has been telling this story since Baldur's Gate yet. Of course KotOR is compared to Mass Effect. They're the exact same game and they're made by the exact same people. Tell me someone besides Square Enix who puts out the type of quality games that Bioware does.

KOTOR is considered the best Star Wars game by pretty much everyone, the only games that rival it are Jedi Academy, and Battlefront II.

Its okay if you have a different opinion, just don't try to downplay it and act like the game isn't universally loved, because it is. It has been since 2003.

FreshestSlice
Tell me someone besides Square Enix who puts out the type of quality games that Bioware does.

I bust a gut at SE releasing quality games, because they haven't released a quality game since Kingdom Hearts II, and that's a convoluted mess that gives ulcers. Anyway:

Bethesda, Obsidian, Paradox, etc. The fact that BioWare focuses on characters doesn't make their games of a higher quality. I could name a few shooters of "higher quality" than most recent BioWare games because they actually accomplished what they set out to.

Yeah, if you haven't noticed, there aren't that many great Star Wars games, but I'll address more of that below.

Like I said, besides the fact that Star Wars has been in a game drought for about 10 years or so, you're making a lot of assumptions based off of randoms on the internet. Knights of the Old Republic was certainly popular and a quality game for it's time, but it's influence on the gaming community as a whole is nowhere near as large as you're making it out to be, not to mention that again, this wasn't even the point I was making. KotOR is just another retelling of Baldur's Gate with shitty gameplay and an okay cast. It's far from "one of the best RPG's of all time." It's not even in the top ten if you ask me; TOR is a better roleplaying game, for that matter, and it's an MMO.

Angelalex242
One key difference....

In the EU, Luke is a demigodlike badass. In Episode 7, he's a loser who utterly failed miserably at bringing back the Jedi Order and then ran off to a deserted island planet to meditate on how much he sucks.

Geistalt
Just came up with a theory that they deliberately sabotaged SWTOR to make the new Canon look good by comparison.

Beniboybling
My theory: you're retarded. smile

Geistalt
My theory: you're retarded. smile How enlightening.

Zenwolf
Well already I can tell the Disney GE won't be getting anywhere near its Legends incarnation any time soon, quite sad. There goes the whole narrative.

Geistalt
I can just imagine Drew Karpyshyn sucking the CEO of SW off to "Kneel before the dragon."

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Geistalt
How enlightening. Give it some thought. smile

Geistalt
Give it some thought. smile I did.

MythLord
Originally posted by ILS
Han Solo > Revan as a character

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.