Doomsday vs Brainiac speed feat or mental feat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
When HP Doomsday took out Flash during Doomsday Wars I was kind of curious about something, what type of feat is it and who should get the credit, is this a speed feat on Doomsday's part or a mental feat on Brainiac's part? Is Doomsday that fast or was Brainiac able to predict the Flash's location?

"Id"
Scans?

Brockalizer
That's partially why I'm having the problem I'm having. There really aren't many panels showing the fight itself, and i dont remember any panels, at least as far as DD and Flash are concerned.

Delta1938
Don't remember the how being explained, just it being off panel. With Martian Manhunter, at least Wonder Woman believed DD had evolved to counter J'onn's intangibility, indicating author intent.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Brockalizer
When HP Doomsday took out Flash during Doomsday Wars I was kind of curious about something, what type of feat is it and who should get the credit, is this a speed feat on Doomsday's part or a mental feat on Brainiac's part? Is Doomsday that fast or was Brainiac able to predict the Flash's location?

There were three interactions between Flash and Doomsday.

1. Flash was running along, until shockwaves made him lose his footing, then Doomsday appeared over him, roaring. Several pages later, he is laid out on the ground, KOed.

2. He races up behind Doomsday, who is fighting WW. He throws WW, and Flash catches her. That's it.

3. In Brainiac's city, Flash breaks free - and is then controlled by Brainiac.

naurtoisbeast
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

1. Flash was running along, until shockwaves made him lose his footing, then Doomsday appeared over him, roaring. Several pages later, he is laid out on the ground, KOed.

2. He races up behind Doomsday, who is fighting WW. He throws WW, and Flash catches her. That's it.

3. In Brainiac's city, Flash breaks free - and is then controlled by Brainiac. Originally posted by DarkSaint85

3. In Brainiac's city, Flash breaks free - and is then controlled by Brainiac. doomsday will win this for sure

Brockalizer

I remembered that but I don't have the issue anymore so I couldn't look at the panels myself, but IIRC they didn't actually show Flash being taken down, that's why I wasn't sure. Up until then DD hadn't encountered Flash before, but Brainiac had, that's why I am leaning more towards the mental feat camp. If Deathstroke can predict where Flash is going to be based on intelligence gathered from a previous encounter, and then stab him I don't see why Brainiac couldn't do something similar.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Brockalizer
I remembered that but I don't have the issue anymore so I couldn't look at the panels myself, but IIRC they didn't actually show Flash being taken down, that's why I wasn't sure. Up until then DD hadn't encountered Flash before, but Brainiac had, that's why I am leaning more towards the mental feat camp. If Deathstroke can predict where Flash is going to be based on intelligence gathered from a previous encounter, and then stab him I don't see why Brainiac couldn't do something similar.

You're correct, they didn't show him being taken down.

Flash is running along, and loses his footing. We see a shadow looming over him, he's gasping no, it can't be you.... and something roars. That's all there is.

Whether he then gets taken out by a mindbolt, or a punch, or whatever...we don't know.

Edit: so to answer OP, it could be a Doomsday speed feat, a Brainiac speed feat....or equally, a Flash stupidity feat. We don't know.

Delta1938
--or equally, a Flash stupidity feat. We don't know.

I move we call this the "H1a8 Paradox."

carver9
Originally posted by Delta1938
Don't remember the how being explained, just it being off panel. With Martian Manhunter, at least Wonder Woman believed DD had evolved to counter J'onn's intangibility, indicating author intent.

Jonn said that he didn't get the chance to use his intangibility right after that.

Delta1938
Originally posted by carver9
Jonn said that he didn't get the chance to use his intangibility right after that.

Post the scan or concede to being a filthy liar, you filthy liar. sneer

naurtoisbeast
Originally posted by "Id"
Scans? Originally posted by "Id"
Scans? i think doomsday wins here

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.