The Plutonian vs. H/P Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Khazra Reborn
Let's say Tony replaces Superman as Doomsdays object of hate.

Who wins?

h1a8
With bfr off then DD easily. He heals instantly and evolves greater resistance as the battle goes on.

Surtur
I didn't see BFR off.

the Darkone
Plutonian wins

leonidas
dd

Surtur
Originally posted by leonidas
dd

Exactly how? Plutonian is faster and can just chuck him into space. If you took BFR off Tony should still be able to avoid punches thrown by DD.

leonidas
he was fast enough to hit an amped superman and waverider, and even dos was getting faster as he needed to. i'm not sure closing with dd would be in his best interest.

Surtur
Originally posted by leonidas
he was fast enough to hit an amped superman and waverider, and even dos was getting faster as he needed to. i'm not sure closing with dd would be in his best interest.

Superman tends to have this thing about forgetting his super speed. DOS Doomsdays speed feats are essentially "takes people by surprise and they exclaim shock at his speed".

Meanwhile Plutonian reacts quick enough to outrace radio signals. Seems more concrete then anything DD ever did.

He can also chuck him into space. DD has to outright kill the guy before he even lays a hand on him. Oh and Tony can phase. I'm also pretty sure he has some kind of telekinetic powers too by the end.

h1a8
Originally posted by Surtur
Superman tends to have this thing about forgetting his super speed. DOS Doomsdays speed feats are essentially "takes people by surprise and they exclaim shock at his speed".

Meanwhile Plutonian reacts quick enough to outrace radio signals. Seems more concrete then anything DD ever did.

He can also chuck him into space. DD has to outright kill the guy before he even lays a hand on him. Oh and Tony can phase. I'm also pretty sure he has some kind of telekinetic powers too by the end. Superman can see bullets standing still yet he still complained about not being able to see DD move. Writer's intent was that DD was faster than classic flash.
DD started with kryptonian DNA and evolved stronger and faster, thus he should be faster than Superman.

leonidas
he had a boatload of hard to quantify abilities at the end though tk wasn't one. there were all sorts of allusions to dd's speed through his arcs. superman doesn't forget his speed in a forum setting, but dd would still beat him badly. you're right about the concrete-ness of speed feats, but based on what he was able to do, and some of the comments made regarding his speed, i don't see speed being the issue in this. phasing could save him for a while, but imo dd would adapt to it fairly quickly as he was adapting on the fly in his battle with supes and waverider. tony is also composed of psi energy--no reason dd couldn't simply evolve a way to utterly disrupt it, and take him out, same way he did to waverider.

short of bfr, which i don't think he could do without suffering for it, i don't see tony being able to beat him, given the beings dd tore through.

"Id"
Plutonian had a TK feat. Not a grand display.

He was pulling rare minerals and ores from the ground.

leonidas
ah, that's right. thought it was explained as something else when he was testing his new abilities. don't see that being terribly effective against dd, regardless.

Mindset
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman can see bullets standing still yet he still complained about not being able to see DD move. Writer's intent was that DD was faster than classic flash.
DD started with kryptonian DNA and evolved stronger and faster, thus he should be faster than Superman. Wrong.

Completely wrong.

"Id"
His heat vision is really a form force vision.

h1a8
Originally posted by Mindset
Wrong.

Completely wrong.

Yes agreed.

I'll reword. Superman can see bullets in very slow motion yet he complained about DD's speed. It was the writer's intention that DD be faster than flash.

DD was originally a krypton Ian and has absorbed solar energy for more than thousands of years. This can explain his super speed.

Mindset
Yes agreed.

I'll reword. Superman can see bullets in very slow motion yet he complained about DD's speed. It was the writer's intention that DD be faster than flash.

DD was originally a krypton Ian and has absorbed solar energy for more than thousands of years. This can explain his super speed. I can't stress to you how wrong you are.

h1a8
I can't stress to you how wrong you are.

At first you had a point, now you are just being plain silly. Are you?
If not, then kindly post one statement that is wrong.

carver9
Plutonian

Mindset
It was the writer's intention that DD be faster than flash.

h1a8
flash became a lot faster since then. If the writer didn't intend on DD to be faster than classic flash of that time then he wouldn't have wrote a character stating that he's FASTER (not as fast as).

In other words,
If the writer intended on DD to be slower than flash (but still very fast) then the dialogue would have been, "He's AS FAST as flash."

In DD Wars, DD was shown to match flash (and exceed him).

DarkSaint85
In DD Wars? Really?

h1a8
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
In DD Wars? Really? I think that was the one. The one where Brainiac had control of DD.

Mindset
flash became a lot faster since then. If the writer didn't intend on DD to be faster than classic flash of that time then he wouldn't have wrote a character stating that he's FASTER (not as fast as).

In other words,
If the writer intended on DD to be slower than flash (but still very fast) then the dialogue would have been, "He's AS FAST as flash."

In DD Wars, DD was shown to match flash (and exceed him). Booster Gold said he was faster than Flash.

He was not faster than Flash.

Nope, never happened.

h1a8
Booster Gold said he was faster than Flash.

He was not faster than Flash.

Nope, never happened. He was faster because the writer wanted him to be.
The only way he wasn't is if the writer didn't want him to be. But then you have to explain away him matching and outspeeding flash himself.

Let me ask you some questions.
Why wasn't he faster than flash? Did you actually measure his speed?

Horrificus
Plutonian

Blue Area Vet
Plutonian just so h1 can have blow a gasket.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.