Is Supreme Leader Snoke a Sith Lord?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-3POTheClever
If so; why doesn't he have a 'Darth' name?

Bashar Teg
perhaps the 'dark path' leads to the same fate, regardless of secret clubs.

Agusto Pinochet
Maybe it hasint been reveled yet or their trying something new. idek

Lord Lucien
Maybe he's not a Sith? Maybe Abrams knew to leave the Sith bullshit out of the new films?

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Maybe he's not a Sith? Maybe Abrams knew to leave the Sith bullshit out of the new films? What's wrong with the sith concept?

Bashar Teg
because without the old sith rules, we can have more than 2 dark jedi playing the part of antagonist. also it's just stupid bringing back the same exact cult when it's hardly necessary, essentially turning the sith into an unkillable freddy kruger...rendering the whole story ultimately pointless. im sick of the sith tbh. it's been so played out.

Ushgarak
I'm pretty happy there- bringing back the Sith as fan service over plot logic was something I was pretty sure they'd do.

Like them mentioning Balance from the outset- I've been pleasantly surprised by a lot here.

C-3POTheClever
Apparently, a big theory is that Kylo Ren is really Darth Plagious. I think that sounds cool.

Bashar Teg
yeesh

Galan007
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
Apparently, a big theory is that Kylo Ren is really Darth Plagious. I think that sounds cool. Well, I can say with confidence that this theory is 100% false. thumb up

NewLanceWindu
Apparently, a big theory is that Kylo Ren is really Darth Plagious. I think that sounds cool.

Apparently, people are morons.

JediRobin23
Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
Apparently, people are morons.

Or they haven't seen Star Wars, so should stfu..

Lord Lucien
Apparently, a big theory is that Kylo Ren is really Darth Plagious. I think that sounds cool. Kylo is an established 30 year old son of Han and Leia with a fanboy love of Darth Vader... and you think it would be cool if it turned out he was actually a long-dead Sith Lord who was the master of Palpatine?

Or did you mean to say that sounds "completely retarded"? Easy typo, I know.

JediRobin23
I hope that was a typo....

C-3POTheClever
Kylo is an established 30 year old son of Han and Leia with a fanboy love of Darth Vader... and you think it would be cool if it turned out he was actually a long-dead Sith Lord who was the master of Palpatine?

Or did you mean to say that sounds "completely retarded"? Easy typo, I know.

Oh.... I sai Kylo Ren by mistake. I agree that it wolud be stupid for Kylo Ren to turn out to be Plagious. I meant 'Supreme Leader Snoke'. I got mixed up betewen Kylo Ren & Snoke. How likely do you think it is forSnoke to be Plagious?

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by JediRobin23
I hope that was a typo....
It more or less was. I meant Supreme Leader Snoke, not Kylo Ren.

Darth Thor
The Sith thing is just semantics.

We still have 1 Master and 1 Apprentice, so I don't see what difference the name makes.

It more or less was. I meant Supreme Leader Snoke, not Kylo Ren.

Everyone knows what you meant. They're just poking fun at your mistake of names.

queeq
I think we will find out who Snoke is in EP IX. And this is how I picture it:

Our heroes enter Snoke's throne room to destroy him. We see the huge hologram projection, telling them to not pay attention to the creature behind the curtain. BB* rolls over, pulls away the curtain and there we see: JAR JAR BINKS!!!

chilled monkey
What's wrong with the sith concept?

It's been over-used. The Sith are yesterday's news. Been there. Done that. It's time for some new villains.

Lord Lucien
Overused and under-explained. Without evoking the EU, I still have no clue what a Sith actually is, aside from a Dark Sider who hates Jedi. Do all Jedi who turn to the Dark Side automatically become Sith? If not, how do you become one? Dooku became one after leaving the Jedi, but how? Is all you need to be a "Sith" a new name, a red lightsaber, and the dark side? If that's true then the Dark Side is pretty friggin rare, given that there's only ever two Sith.

Why do the Sith want revenge against the Jedi? What did the Jedi do to them? Aside from not liking the Jedi and liking the Dark Side, what do the Sith believe in? Who are they? Where did they come from? Did they fulfil a role like the Jedi did?

The f*ck is a Sith and why am I supposed to want more of them with every new movie, show, game, and comic?

chilled monkey
Overused and under-explained. Without evoking the EU, I still have no clue what a Sith actually is, aside from a Dark Sider who hates Jedi.

That line, right there, is why it really infuriates me when people badmouth the EU (or "Legends" if you must call it that).

The EU is what MADE Star Wars. It's what provided depth to everything. Characters, places, concepts etc. If you went by the movies only there's practically nothing.

For example, as you yourself pointed out, everything about the Sith, their origins, motives, nature and such, all of that comes from the EU.

Heck, the word "Sith" isn't even mentioned in the OT.

Galan007
You guys might also find this interesting:
http://i.imgur.com/X2Egw6Ll.jpg
-TFA: TVD

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by chilled monkey
That line, right there, is why it really infuriates me when people badmouth the EU (or "Legends" if you must call it that).

The EU is what MADE Star Wars. It's what provided depth to everything. Characters, places, concepts etc. If you went by the movies only there's practically nothing.

For example, as you yourself pointed out, everything about the Sith, their origins, motives, nature and such, all of that comes from the EU.

Heck, the word "Sith" isn't even mentioned in the OT. Exactly. The EU fleshed out the movies, which is fine. But the PT needed the EU for that because it couldn't stand on its own two feet. No explanation, no motivation, no casus belli. I can't stand when people think the movies aren't shit because other artists divorced from the films filled in the blanks themselves after-the-fact. I shouldn't have to do homework after watching a movie just for it to make any sense. That's when you know you have an insubstantial movie.

So enough with the Sith. "Sith" got mentioned once in the ANH novelization, but it's film use is a PT contraption. Leave it there. We don't need the Sith to have the Dark Side.

juggernaut74
That's why they release those Dictionary/Cross Section books, to flesh out the movies and it works better than the EU garbage.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Galan007
You guys might also find this interesting:
http://i.imgur.com/X2Egw6Ll.jpg
-TFA: TVD According to that he isn't a Jedi nor is he a Sith.

He's both?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by juggernaut74
That's why they release those Dictionary/Cross Section books, to flesh out the movies and it works better than the EU garbage. Those are cool too, and when I want to explore a universe beyond the films, I turn to those or the EU. But I absolutely will judge the quality of the films as films alone. You shouldn't have to watch a spin-off cartoon, or read a follow-up novel or comic just to make sense of the events that happened in the progenitor film. That's a failing on the film's part.

juggernaut74
Those are cool too, and when I want to explore a universe beyond the films, I turn to those or the EU. But I absolutely will judge the quality of the films as films alone. You shouldn't have to watch a spin-off cartoon, or read a follow-up novel or comic just to make sense of the events that happened in the progenitor film. That's a failing on the film's part. But not everybody gives a crap about the small things like Kylo's saber being made out of a cracked crystal or how does Rey understand BB-8. The hardcore fans sure, but the average everyday fan don't even think to ask those questions.

That's why they have the Cross Section/Dictionary books. That and to make more money.

Lord Lucien
But not everybody gives a crap about the small things like Kylo's saber being made out of a cracked crystal or how does Rey understand BB-8. The hardcore fans sure, but the average everyday fan don't even think to ask those questions. And... what are you getting at? I'm talking about plot holes or character motivations. If those have to be filled in with the additional works outside the film, then the film has failed.

juggernaut74
And... what are you getting at? I'm talking about plot holes or character motivations. If those have to be filled in with the additional works outside the film, then the film has failed. What plot holes or character motivations do you speak of?

Lord Lucien
What plot holes or character motivations do you speak of? Pick literally anything from the PT?

juggernaut74
I thought you were talking about TFA.

I personally didn't mind the PT.

Galan007
According to that he isn't a Jedi nor is he a Sith.

He's both? Evidently Snoke promotes Kylo drawing upon both the light AND dark sides of the force, which wouldn't qualify him as Jedi or Sith on paper. He's still referenced as a "dark side user", though, so he's more 'Sith-like' than anything(obviously)... He's just a dark side user who can still use different aspects of the light side to his advantage.

What I found even more interesting in TFA: TVD is that it seems to imply that Snoke has multiple apprentices, and Kylo is simply the most gifted among them:
http://i.imgur.com/Iq6Km7j.png

...mmm

juggernaut74
Must mean Snoke started the Knights of Ren.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.