IQs of Jedi and Sith

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
Bane has the highest Sith IQ IMO b/c of how knowledgeable he was; but I could see Sidious or Plagueis taking that spot as well.

I think Yoda has the highest IQ because he's Yoda. Grandmaster Luke could take that spot as well.

What da y'all think?

NewGuy01
Bane and Luke? erm

Plagueis is probably up there.

Q99
I'd think one of the scientists- Tenebrous, Maladi, Plagueis, and similar.

Not necessarily the masterminds or most powerful. They aren't dumb, but IMO the above are more likely to ace an IQ test. (I will say that they'll have a higher EQ, that is to say Palpatine and Luke and such will be much better at judging emotions and such).

Note also knowledge =/= IQ. More education will help on a test, but being a font of lore doesn't necessarily mean a top-tier IQ.

Hm, not sure who among the Jedi would have the best IQ... there's a fair number of mechanical geniuses in there.

Fated Xtasy
Meetra, Revan, Leia, Mara, Jaina, Annie Skywalker, Bae annie(solo), and Luke.

Jmanghan
Revan is pretty high up there.

Kurk
The lowest? Savage Opress laughing out loud

ILS
Lel. What he accomplished with just weeks of training suggests immense IQ. Merry Savagemas.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Annie Skywalker
Besides the retardation of putting him on the top of the list, you seem to always make top-tier awesome characters seem like complete shit.

Lord Lucien
Better question is Who has the best BMI of the Jedi and Sith?

DarthAnt66
Bandon, of course.

Aurbere
Not sure how Bane can be considered to have the highest IQ out of Sith.

Emperordmb
He's pretty damn smart, but I'd prolly give the Sith one to Plagueis.

Also not really surprised someone specifically picked Bane out of everyone to say no to, but slightly surprised it was Aury

Q99
Originally posted by Emperordmb
He's pretty damn smart, but I'd prolly give the Sith one to Plagueis.

He was a researcher, and from a species known for it's brains.

Though he may simply have been the highest IQ sith who was also powerful.

Hm... Sozyn Syn is probably way up there.

Vul Isen was really smart- even though he wasn't too strong, he created a new variation of Leviathans, as well as a deadly bioweapon. Though, not as good as Maladi's bioweapon...

Sinious
Amongst Sith it is Sidious and its no contest really.

EmperorSidious2
Sith is either Sidious or Plagueis.

Jedi IMO is Yoda.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Besides the retardation of putting him on the top of the list, you seem to always make top-tier awesome characters seem like complete shit.

Besides being able to build a protocol droid from nothing, with no schematics or idea of how one functions. And the ability to build a podracer all at the tender age of nine shows a high level IQ.

Add to this Skywalker's continued affinity for electronics in legends and his military tactics in that mythos, and he's a good contender for having a high IQ.

One would assume that having such a way technology, and tactics, like Revan, and Meetra, would qualify for a high IQ, but to each his own.

Emperordmb
It wasn't exactly from nothing, he actually found a lot of the parts discarded in Mos Espa. It was really more of a rebuild. And that seems to hold true in both continuities.

Nephthys

Emperordmb
Varner Hilts was really damn smart as well, though weak AF.

ILS
If mechanics and are engineering are to be considered Maul should probably be considered. Making functioning legs out of junk metal and attaching them in seconds after being cut in half.

Q99
I'm not sure if Sidious is top in IQ. I mean, sure, he's a brilliant political genius, but he's at top because he's best at playing people, which doesn't necessarily correspond to highest IQ.

Plagueis seems more likely to me.

Originally posted by ILS
If mechanics and are engineering are to be considered Maul should probably be considered. Making functioning legs out of junk metal and attaching them in seconds after being cut in half.

That *is* good kludge work...

Emperordmb
Belia Darzu's pretty mechanically smart as well.

Q99
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Belia Darzu's pretty mechanically smart as well.

Yea, gotta give props to someone who's famous for making war with 'techno beasts'.

Tzeentch
IQ is essentially just pattern-recognition. So having an affinity for manipulating people can certainly fall under IQ.

Q99
Originally posted by Tzeentch
IQ is essentially just pattern-recognition. So having an affinity for manipulating people can certainly fall under IQ.

Still, there's different type of intelligence. While I'm sure his IQ is high, others show more signs of the type of intelligence that test well.

Sinious
Originally posted by Q99
I'm not sure if Sidious is top in IQ. I mean, sure, he's a brilliant political genius, but he's at top because he's best at playing people, which doesn't necessarily correspond to highest IQ.
What intelligence showing is there in the lore that surpasses outsmarting the entire Jedi Order and the Republic for decades?

Emperordmb
Designing centerpoint station
Not exactly Jedi/Sith though.

Sinious
I knew you mentioned the Ones even before I read the spoiler. thumb down

Q99
Originally posted by Sinious
What intelligence showing is there in the lore that surpasses outsmarting the entire Jedi Order and the Republic for decades?

Again, plotting ability =/= IQ. IQ measures a fairly specific type of intelligence- one Sidious didn't stand out much in. Sidious shows very high levels of other types of intelligence. Building advanced equipment and showing great science knowledge is a higher showing of IQ.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Sith is either Sidious or Plagueis.

Jedi IMO is Yoda.

Wisdom doesn't necessarily = Intelligence.

Sinious
Originally posted by Q99
Again, plotting ability =/= IQ. IQ measures a fairly specific type of intelligence- one Sidious didn't stand out much in. Sidious shows very high levels of other types of intelligence. Building advanced equipment and showing great science knowledge is a higher showing of IQ. I understand your point but the dude specialized in politics. I personally see his depiction more as a genius who chose to be a manipulative politician(because it was in his character and nature) than a political prodigy who is smart only when it comes to politics. He was absent of virtue and had a perspective in life that was shaped by material logic only which is why he was obsessed with power. Power imo is the highest and most sophisticated desire a person's ego can have and Palpatine figured that out at a very young age as he said to Plageuis when they only recently met "If not power, then nothing".

I think that is a much more sophisticated way of thinking than how someone like Obi-wan or Anakin perceives things. And I honestly don't see how Plagueis is smarter than Sidious as the whole point of their relationship was that Plagueis created a monster superior to himself. The novel also tells us that Sidious is the one who organized the whole revenge plot and Plagueis was focused on his experiments the whole time.

Syndicate
Kazdan Paratus probs.

Syndicate
Originally posted by ILS
Lel. What he accomplished with just weeks of training suggests immense IQ. Merry Savagemas.

#Savage

Agusto Pinochet
Sidious for the Sith and Yoda for the Jedi.

Anakin is a dumbass **** look at the fight with Kenobi in ROTS and Dooku in AOTC. He might be a great fighter/good at fixing stuff but clearly not at using his mind.

Agusto Pinochet
Sidious orchastrated the entire downfall of the reppublic and minpulated his way to supreme chancellior from being a random senator from Naboo playing the politics of the republic completely perfect. Order 66, the clones, etc Sidious did what no Sith ever did which is defeat the Jedi. He is clearly the smartest.

carthage
Anakin was pretty ****ing retarded.

Not as dumb as that **** Zannah though, who the **** trips over a grave?

FreshestSlice
Comeback, carthage. It's not too late to reject the Quan Side.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Why are you not off on another forum, either here or elsewhere, debating Elder Scrolls, Freshest?

FreshestSlice
Because ESO is shit, and I got tired of "Stormcloaks fur fredumz but iz rasit," four years ago.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
No I meant like ES vs other verses, bish.

FreshestSlice
The gap between the most powerful and the least is too ridiculous to me even to begin trying to scale it.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
lmfao. Can't be worse than Living tribunal to street-levelers.

Geistalt
Darth Sidious: 400
Valkorion: 300
Revan: 290
Darth Bane: 250
Luke Skywalker: 250
Darth Traya: 250
Yoda: 215
Talzin: 200
Darth Caedus: 200
Kyp Durron: 200
Meetra Surik: 200
Darth Plagueis: 145
Darth Krayt: 80
Darth Malak: 60

Geistalt
Obi-Wan Kenobi: 145
Darth Tyranus: 100
Darth Maul: 60
Anakin Skywalker: 40

hutchy1345
Eh
Plagueis is definitely smarter than most of the people above him there

And tenebrous should be right up there at the top

cs_zoltan
You left out DC's fav sith.

Deronn_solo
mmm

|King Joker|
I think the vast majority of main Jedi / Sith we see in SW would be 150+, bar people like Savage Opress, obviously.

Azronger
In terms of sheer brain power, Tenebrous should be at #1. Having a brain that can comprehend galactic eons, count individual nanoseconds, calculate the future with mathematics etc. is beyond either Sidious or Plagueis, or any other known Force wielder for that matter.

Unbowed
Originally posted by Azronger
In terms of sheer brain power, Tenebrous should be at #1. Having a brain that can comprehend galactic eons, count individual nanoseconds, calculate the future with mathematics etc. is beyond either Sidious or Plagueis, or any other known Force wielder for that matter.
Agreed.

As for Maul, in the novel that goes into his early childhood on Mustafar he is shown to be a prodigy with a genius IQ, even as a 3 year old.

I really don't see any evidence for Sidious's high IQ though. Very cunning and devious, yes. Even wise, in a sense. But there is no evidence of him being anything special in terms of raw brainpower.

His intelligence is machiavellian, like that of a sleazy politician or a mafia boss.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Unbowed
As for Maul, in the novel that goes into his early childhood on Mustafar he is shown to be a prodigy with a genius IQ, even as a 3 year old. Quote?

Unbowed
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Quote?
There is no quote that literally says "little Maul is a genius", but it's from the exercises and tests he is subjected to on a daily basis.

Read the early part of The Wrath of Darth Maul.

Deronn_solo
Tenebrous in a practical sense. Too bad he couldn't use that intellect to actually succeed.

SunRazer
Just about no Sith "succeeded" in the long run, lol.

Emperordmb
As far as Dark Siders go, you could definitely argue Set Harth succeeded in the long run though, lmfao

ILS
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Quote? It's worth reading yourself tbh. He does shit at 3 years old I can't do now, lmao.

http://www.hungry-ewok.ru/sw/all_books.htm

ILS
This paragraph basically sums it up:

ILS
Also, what about multi-brained species, like Ki-Adi-Mundi? Could that translate to a higher IQ?

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Unbowed
There is no quote that literally says "little Maul is a genius", but it's from the exercises and tests he is subjected to on a daily basis.

Read the early part of The Wrath of Darth Maul.

The lore refers to Sidious as a genius multiple times.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by SunRazer
Just about no Sith "succeeded" in the long run, lol.

Sidious certainly did, guys like Marka Ragnos did to a certain extent, too.

Azronger
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Sidious certainly did, guys like Marka Ragnos did to a certain extent, too.

No, he didn't. His ultimate goal was to become omnipotent. Didn't see him succeeding at that.

Deronn_solo
Oh, really. Got any source to back that up?

But he damn well succeeded in ruling over the galaxy, and utterly decimating the Jedi Order. He has himself to blame for setting impossible goals such as achieving omnipotence.

Ragnos pretty much still stand though, unless I'm missing something about his character .....<_<

Azronger

MythLord
Maybe Palpatine meant to be omnipotent in the same sense as Odin, Darkseid or Galactus are omnipotent... that is to say, not at all, he's just uber stronk.

Zenwolf
Yeah Omnipotent has more than 1 definition. It also means just one who is ridiculously strong/powerful, which Sidious was.

I mean sure if you go by the main definition IE: Become literal God of everything/able to do anything, then yeah Sidious wasn't gonna achieve that.

Azronger
Originally posted by MythLord
Maybe Palpatine meant to be omnipotent in the same sense as Odin, Darkseid or Galactus are omnipotent... that is to say, not at all, he's just uber stronk.

That's not omnipotent. If there's even one thing you're unable to do, you're not omnipotent.

Azronger
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Yeah Omnipotent has more than 1 definition. It also means just one who is ridiculously strong/powerful, which Sidious was.

I mean sure if you go by the main definition IE: Become literal God of everything/able to do anything, then yeah Sidious wasn't gonna achieve that.

No, omnipotent is omnipotent. Very strong is very strong.

ILS
How he going to go about becoming omnipotent? Was it ever explained?

Even The Ones aren't.

Azronger
Originally posted by ILS
How he going to go about becoming omnipotent? Was it ever explained?

Even The Ones aren't.

I don't think it was ever explained, but it is stated he planned to take his rule to other galaxies, and eventually his empire would span the entire universe:

He would journey across the universe, spreading the shadow of his rule, blotting out the stars themselves, and taking his Dark Rule to other helpless galaxies.

-The Dark Side Sourcebook.

There have been many who have served the Dark Side, but not all of them have sought to rule the universe as Palpatine has.

-Dark Empire Sourcebook

So no, Palpatine never succeeded in his end goal of omnipotence and rule over existence itself. The Galactic Empire was just a fraction of his ambition and true plans.

Zenwolf
No, omnipotent is omnipotent. Very strong is very strong.

Omnipotence can also mean one who has very great power, characters have been deemed omnipotent yet clearly are not that, they just have very great power.

DarthAnt66
Jerec got semi-omnipotence with the Valley's power.

ILS
I don't think it was ever explained, but it is stated he planned to take his rule to other galaxies, and eventually his empire would span the entire universe:

He would journey across the universe, spreading the shadow of his rule, blotting out the stars themselves, and taking his Dark Rule to other helpless galaxies.

-The Dark Side Sourcebook.

There have been many who have served the Dark Side, but not all of them have sought to rule the universe as Palpatine has.

-Dark Empire Sourcebook

So no, Palpatine never succeeded in his end goal of omnipotence and rule over existence itself. The Galactic Empire was just a fraction of his ambition and true plans. This needs a what-if comic series, holy shit.

Azronger
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Omnipotence can also mean one who has very great power, characters have been deemed omnipotent yet clearly are not that, they just have very great power.

That's hyperbole, then. Omnipotent is omnipotent. I rest my case.

ILS
Omnipotent does have a strict definition, and I can't see Sidious setting the limit for his ambition at a hyperbolic use of a word amounting to "really powerful". He's already "really powerful."

Zenwolf
/Shrug

Just saying there is more than 1. It might not be the most prominent, but it is there.

But anyway we're going off topic here, back to the IQ bit.

Deronn_solo
Very rarely does a thread stay on-topic here for long....

SunRazer
Regarding how the omnipotence thing is possible - Sidious was just deluded, obviously.

Palpatine ended up dying - he wanted to become immortal and omnipotent. He didn't succeed in the long run. His "ten-thousand-year-empire" lasted a measly 30 years. In BoS, he muses about how reliant he still is on Imperial fodder, a fact that he despises.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by SunRazer
Regarding how the omnipotence thing is possible - Sidious was just deluded, obviously.
thumb up

Any Star Wars character who thinks they can do some impossible shit like reaching omnipotence or destroying the force or transcending the Force, or embodying the whole universe is delusional.

DarthAnt66

SunRazer
Omniscience isn't the same as omnipotence. Which is why Jerec was still severed from the Force, lol.

The Force itself is likely not omnipotent, so there's no way you can achieve true omnipotence as a Force user in SW.

Azronger
Omniscience just means you know everything. Omnipotence means you can do everything. Very different things.

Trocity
Full potential Anakin is omnipotent.

Azronger
Source?

ILS
Full potential Anakin is Father-level and can slap Yoda and Sidious into a coma at the same time, but even The Force isn't omnipotent, nevermind one person who uses it.

The only person who has a chance of achieving that is full potential Anakin with all of Palpatine's resources at his disposal, and even then I still have no clue how he would go about it. Plus if he became truly in tune with the force he wouldn't care enough to pursue it I imagine.

But it's a fun thought nonetheless.

SunRazer
Yeah, the Force itself isn't omnipotent. So by definition, no Force-user can ever be omnipotent.

quanchi112
The answers are obvious.

Unbowed
Actually I think Legends Plagueis had the greatest shot at "omnipotence", judging from his entry in the Book of Sith and the fact that he actually increased his own midichlorian count in Darth Plagueis. Even Sidious muses that Plagueis might have lived forever if Sidious hadn't killed him.

Petrus
Sith: Plagueis, Tenebrous, Sidious, Vitiate, maybe Bane and Traya and probably Revan. There are most likely others with a very high IQ, but those are the ones that come to mind.

Jedi: Yoda, Anakin, maybe Qui-Gon. Dunno who else.

The Ellimist
bump

cs_zoltan
y tho

redpill
in terms of real world IQ and jedi?

one way to asses real world IQ without actual IQ testing is

is the person able to pick up languages

is the person able to pick up scientific concepts

is the person show aptitude in academic subjects, as IQ was designed for academic intelligence

on this criteria

Rey hands down is the second smartest Jedi, after anakin

Yoda showed zero technical aptitude and no multilingual aptitude

Rey shows she is poly lingual and she is familiar with technology

Rey is self-taught

a real world rey would be someone who speaks 5-10 languages by age 18 and is intimately familiar with computer, iphone software electrical engineering concepts

can fix a broken computer and high level software engineering

Darth Abonis
IQ tests don't exist in Star Wars. They are outdated and don't give an accurate view of intelligence. Mine is 136 and I could NEVER do the tactical decisions a lot of these characters make.

The Ellimist
^ lol humble bragging

Professional IQ tests are actually very predictive but that's another discussion.

redpill
they don't exist but if Rey were a real person in our world she'd be

Revenge of the Nerds smart, around 160

Lord Lucien
So like, rape smart?

Reyp.

JKBart
i'm legit 152 iq and half of the main characters of sw shit on me so no idea

The Ellimist
weren't you super impressed by dmb taking ap classes in 10th grade or something?

JKBart
no
never heard of it tbh

relentless1
Sidious, Plagueis and Yoda are top tier as far as Force knowledge goes

Sidious is the top dog when it comes to Strategy

Plo Koon and Grevious are pretty high up there when it comes to Tactics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.