Koran teaches about Jesus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
DKJwqsSlx0I

Blown away.

NewGuy01
Yeah, this is pretty common knowledge, other than the last thirty seconds or so where he stopped making sense.

Jesus is an important figure in Islam, just not God.

Time-Immemorial
Actually, it says in the Koran he is God, because 'The Word" means creator.

Q99
Yep, Jesus is a *big* name in the Koran.

Time-Immemorial
He's spoken more about then Mohammad..

In the 114 chapters of the Quran Mohammed's name is is mentioned in 4 places, however Jesus is mentioned in 25 places.

fJr8tcqvuMg

So why do they follow Mohammad and not Jesus, that is the question I cannot answer. Jesus is even called the Messiah in the Koran.

Time-Immemorial
yyOBvyF_0HI

Talking about who is greater, Jesus is greater or Mohammad.

NewGuy01
Because he was the third and most recent prophet. His Quran is the "updated" version.

Time-Immemorial
The Koran flat out says Jesus is the Messiah, that he is "The Word of God"

That he did not die, and that he is still alive..the Koran states that even Mohammad is dead, and that he is not coming back. The Koran says Jesus is coming back.

NewGuy01
And when he does, I'm sure he'll be the authority again.

But right now they're following the teachings of the final prophet.

Time-Immemorial
Hmmm, then why do people such as the ones who join ISIS, believe that ISIS represents the truest form of Islam?

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Hmmm, then why do people such as the ones who join ISIS, believe that ISIS represents the truest form of Islam?

Brainwashing from a young age. And they also prey on the desperate. And some join ISIS out of fear for what might happen to them if they stand against them. A local show did some coverage on it a short while back. Some poor schmuck literally got strung up in the middle of a Muslim town by ISIS members and had his hands lopped off for opposing them. The rest of the people were told that anyone else who doesn't conform to their version of Islam would get similar treatment. I personally feel that ISIS is simply using Islam as an excuse to execute their own anti-Western agenda. And why wouldn't they? The more it becomes about Islam and less about ISIS, the bigger the flames get and the more they spread.

But sadly, in a lot of instances it is probably not too dissimilar to child soldiers in some African countries. Get them away from parents or other proper guardian figures while young, brainwash them, and by the time they're "ready", they've been so warped that nothing they do seems wrong to them. I can recall an article not too long ago where they raided some terrorist camp in Pakistan I think it was. Found dozens of boys from around the ages of 8 - 14 IIRC.

Tattoos N Scars
Islam does not believe that Jesus is God. They believe he was Messiah and a great prophet, but not God in the flesh.

In the Koran, God had no son. They don't teach the Trinity.

NewGuy01
thumb up @ both

SamZED
It also teaches about Abraham and Moses and Noah and Adam etc. Surprise.

Robtard
It's almost like some stories in the Torah were taken from older polytheistic (eg ancient Egyptian, Sumerian, Babylonian etc) and converted into a monotheistic religion, then Judaism was taken and added to make Christianity and the various offshoots and then Judaism and Christianity were taken and added to make Islam. Maybe that's why all three share the same God and are all Abrahamic religions?

http://i.imgur.com/XWOuu8G.gif

Time-Immemorial
Shut up Rob, no one cares for your sarcasm today.0

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Islam does not believe that Jesus is God. They believe he was Messiah and a great prophet, but not God in the flesh.

In the Koran, God had no son. They don't teach the Trinity.

thumb up

Time-Immemorial
So if Jesus preaches peace and good will towards men. Why does Islam prevert the teaching of Him?

Star428
....or pervert it.

Tattoos N Scars
Islam's god has more in common with Lucifer than Yahweh. Islam is an evil corruption of the Old Testament God meant to lead men astray.

Star428
^Agreed.

Robtard
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Islam's god has more in common with Lucifer than Yahweh. Islam is an evil corruption of the Old Testament God meant to lead men astray.

Interesting. Some examples please?

Tattoos N Scars

Tattoos N Scars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.