Was BB-8 giving a thumbs-up or was he actually flipping the bird?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bashar Teg
many people on other social media claim that they actually interpreted bb-8's gesture as a bird-flip, instead of the thumb's up that most of us (myself included) had innocently assumed.

when i look at the present relationship he has with finn, i guess it's not just a silly notion, but plausible. after all, bb-8 was clearly uncomfortable with being asked to lie, and their friendship was already off to a shaky start. in that context i actually find the notion of a one-finger-salute to be even funnier. also it would certainly not be beneath JJ Abrams to leave it deliberately ambiguous.

with that aside, the plausibility of that interpretation is not the topic, nor which is funnier, but rather your fist impression. when you first saw the scene, what did you interpret it as?

https://49.media.tumblr.com/ce453597abe30a0c1c6b59d05d7942f3/tumblr_nzotqaEc0d1ue8rilo1_r3_500.gif

Galan007
I interpreted it as him mirroring Finn, so thumbs up.

Raptor22
I saw it as a thumbs up.

They way i rember the scene was finn told him he was a trooper behind reys back and bb was like oh shit dude what u talkin bout. Then finn explained and bb was like i dont know, seems plausible but im still suspicious. Then finn begged him and threw out a thumbs up, and bb belived him and was like dont worry bro i got ur back and returned the thumbs up.

NewLanceWindu
It's 100% a thumbs up.

JediRobin23
What. You mean he wasn't offer him a light for a cig....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.