Confirmation Mace is dead?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zenwolf
Any Source stating that Mace is actually dead?

EmperorSidious2
I think in Lucas commentary of ROTS he says he wanted to give Mace a cool death. So I would take that as him saying yes Mace is dead.

Zenwolf
Well I'm kinda looking for a more confirmed source, because I just keep seeing "Oh he's not dead, we just saw him scream out and fall out a window."

Soo...

EmperorSidious2
Beside that I don't believe there is a quote saying he's dead explicitly just things like the commentary implying it.

Zenwolf
Hmm...fair enough, guess shall just have to wait.

Deronn_solo
Mace is prolly Snoke, tbh.

cs_zoltan
Well from the RotS script:
As MACE stares at ANAKIN in shock, PALPATINE springs to life. The full force of Palpatine's powerful Bolts blasts MACE. He attempts to deflect them with his one good hand, but the force is too great. As blue rays engulf his body, he is flung out the window and falls twenty stories to his death. No more screams. No more moans. PALPATINE lowers his arm.

Zenwolf
Well true Zoltan, but they also had Maul as dead too as per TPM script and look how that turned out.

OBI-WAN jumps up out of the pit, calls QUI-GON's lightsaber to him, throwing
DARTH MAUL off. The young JEDI swings with a vengeance, cutting the SITH
down. DARTH MAUL falls into the melting pit to his death.

DarthAnt66
lmfao ^

Q99
The difference between him and Maul seems to be behind hit by force lightning too. And having longer to fall.

Zenwolf
I guess, still though think I'd rather have something else to confirm it too.

Darth Thor
It's confirmed because no way Disney will bring him back.

cs_zoltan

Zenwolf
Remains to be seen Thor....I mean there's that old rule "If no body, that means they didn't die!"

DarthAnt66
Zen literally thinking they are going to resurrect Windu.

LMFAO.

This might have actually surpassed Bantha level.

Zenwolf
Where did I say that? I'm merely just trying to prove he's dead, like dead dead. I don't want him to come back, I'm merely just saying what a few others think as they keep thinking Mace is alive because we didn't see the body.

DarthAnt66
No one here thinks that.

Zenwolf
Not here Ant, elsewhere.

DarthAnt66
lmfao ^

Zenwolf
I don't even know what you're laughing at anymore, I'm merely just trying to find solid confirmation.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
lmfao ^
Check starwars.com. no expression

Zenwolf
Sounds like someone is trying to hide their bitterness about a particular something.

DarthAnt66
Lmfao what?

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Where did I say that? I'm merely just trying to prove he's dead, like dead dead. I don't want him to come back, I'm merely just saying what a few others think as they keep thinking Mace is alive because we didn't see the body.

Not to sound like a douche, but, this all sounds familiar to the old 05-08 rumors that said Kit had survived due to their being no body. Still there any confirmation that he died? Well, the lost stars novel does say he died after instigating a war against Sheev, so take that for what you will.

Will he come back? doubt it, Dave obviously respects Lucas more than the disney executives and doesn't seem keen on touching the choices Lucas made.

Hope that answers your question.

Zenwolf
Fated, thanks, that's all I needed. Lost Stars.

Fated Xtasy
Fated, thanks, that's all I needed. Lost Stars.

I'm working on doing a review of it on CV so maybe that'll help you decide if you wanna buy it?

I already know several people that will dislike the novel.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
I'm working on doing a review of it on CV so maybe that'll help you decide if you wanna buy it?

I already know several people that will dislike the novel.

Eh maybe.

Why's that though?

Fated Xtasy
Eh maybe.

Why's that though?

Well. this is gonna be an unrefined and short version of my review, but while I heavily enjoy it, it seems very much so for a.. younger audience. And it shows in several occasions. Although it is a bit more mature than say, Junior Jedi Knights/Young Jedi Knight, it's not dark compared to Last of the Jedi, not as filled with development that sets the tone for estrangement between Kenobi and Anakin like Jedi Quest is, nor does it come close to establishing a complex and growing relationship between two people like Jedi Apprentice did.

Now of course, some people will say that the novels that i listed aren't close to how i described them, but regardless. The novel seems very childish, at times.(Not that i mind, seeing as i am a fan of Jude Watson's YA works) But i can see why it might turn some people off.

That said, it does have nice moments, in my opinion; like showing the youth of the empire becoming enthralled with the empire's propaganda, showcasing a human side to the usually "evil" empire, and hell, there's a scene with Tarkin where he seems to be a nice guy to children, without losing his "character"

So far, i'm enjoying the novel, it gripped my attention and had it gripped for awhile, but it's not for hardcore sw fan. Lot of development, no lightsaber fight in sight, and only a few minor cameos.

The only real complain i have is that it doesn't feel like star wars. I mean, this novel is great, but if it weren't for the techno-babble i wouldn't have thought it was an actual star wars novel. That's not to say the book is bad, it's great, but it could have easily been a story set in a different world.

SunRazer
Sourcebooks, the RotS script, the novel saying that he "fell forever", etc.

Fated Xtasy
scripts/novels are hardly worth mentioning since Boba survived despite that, who knows, there's a chance Mace might
/shrug

Darth Thor
Nah there's not. There may have been a chance under Lucas but no way Disney will go out of there way to bring a Prequel character back from the dead.

There'd be more chance of them bringing Han Solo back after TFA.

ares834
No way would they do that.

Han Solo dying isn't some minor plot point like Mace's or even Maul's death. Bringing him back would undermine the entire film.

But yeah, they could bring Mace back no problem. Hopefully they don't but they could.

quanchi112
I agree with Ares that Darth Thor is dead wrong in them bringing him back.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Zen literally thinking they are going to resurrect Windu.

LMFAO.

This might have actually surpassed Bantha level. If you remember, awhile back, Sam Jackson got hyped when he heard there was a new SW movie coming out, and wanted to be a part of it.

However, everyone disagreed with him and said Mace should stay dead.

Though, he may get through to Abrams in the future.

Certainly wouldn't MIND Mace being in another movie.

If he is, he'd fit as Snoke. Maybe have his attempt at killing Palpatine so many years ago be his fall to the dark side.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Certainly wouldn't MIND Mace being in another movie.

If he is, he'd fit as Snoke. Maybe have his attempt at killing Palpatine so many years ago be his fall to the dark side.
Welp, that's enough KMC for tonight.

NewGuy01
Snoke=Mace, make it happen Disney

Vorpal Ruin
They can give an explanation of how Mace survived that fall just fine. Sam Jackson wants to be Mace in more SW movies, and I want to see it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.