Is Hayden Christianson confimed to be in Episode VIII?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batman
My sister says it's confirmed that he will be back! Is it true?

NewLanceWindu
Google is your friend.

No, he's not confirmed.

queeq
And I sure hope he won't be.

Darth Thor
Might end up being there as a Force Ghost.

Given the massive success of TFA I doubt Disney will feel the need to keep running away from the PT. If it fits into the story then bring him in. But the story should come first.

Bashar Teg
could also be argued "why change a winning formula" in their meetings.
they were clearly tapping the OT and not the PT for ep7. they also know well that bringing back hayden would be a risky and controversial move, something disney is not really noted for.

Darth Thor
Nah. The fact the Prequels were the last 3 SW movies and this one is on route to becoming the biggest movie of all time shows they don't need to worry about "Prequel Hate."

They should do whatever serves the story best.

Galan007
IF he were in the film, it would most likely be in a flashback capacity.

ie. Rey uses her psychometry on Luke's lightsaber again, and has a flashback of Anakin/Hayden using it to slay Younglings in the Jedi Temple.

It would be something like that, imo.

cdtm
Or he could be the wise force ghost, to both Rey and Luke.

Just handwave him looking younger then his son..

queeq
The wise ghost? He doesn't mean anything to anyone. Luke never knew him like that and to Rey he's total stranger.

Bashar Teg
Maybe if they wish really really hard...

queeq
laughing out loud

Darth Thor
A scene of Ghost Anakin attempting to sway Ren from the dark side could be interesting.

queeq
No.

Bashar Teg
please?

cdtm
If it was just a flashback scene, they could have used stock footage.

So either it's new scenes of his attrocities, or something in the present, which basically means ghost/vision.

queeq
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
please?

NO!

batman
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Nah. The fact the Prequels were the last 3 SW movies and this one is on route to becoming the biggest movie of all time shows they don't need to worry about "Prequel Hate."

They should do whatever serves the story best.

I agree with you! The Prequels happened weather people want to admit it or not. If it works for the story then I say go for it! I don't think they should ignore the Prequels anyway. If anything, to find ways to redeem the Prequels & make everything fit together is a much better idea in my book. Also, because this is a pretty risky idea, I somehow can't see it being done unless the creators have a really good idea with it, & know what they're doing. So I think if it does happen, it will work.

batman
Originally posted by queeq
NO!

You are so set in your ways.....

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by queeq
NO!
what if i send you $20 via paypal? then can hayden be in episode 8?

queeq
No.

Bashar Teg
you've ruined star wars for me. now you're off my christmas card list.

queeq
That was easy. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.