Superman attempts to move up in weight class...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Superman thinks he's bad, so he tries out for the Trans Tier, and thusly runs the following gauntlet...

Superman engages the following gauntlet with all battles being to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed...

Superman is allowed no rest or recovery time inbetween fights; as soon as one fight ends, the next starts immediately...

How far does Superman get? This is current Superman btw...

1) Warriors Madness Thor (no Power Gem)...
2) The Collector...
3) Warriors Madness Thor (with the Power Gem)...
4) The Runner...
5) Thanos...
6) Depowered Tyrant...

Time-Immemorial
How far do you think he gets?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
How far do you think he gets?

I want to get some opinions 1st before I chime in...

wink

relentless1
stops at 5

TheLordofMurder
Interesting poll results...

I wonder why those who voted in the extremes (those who voted that Supes stops at 1 and the one guy who voted that Supes clears) feel the way that they do...

Anyone care to defend their vote?

TheLordofMurder
So 5 of you think Superman beats Thanos and Depowered Tyrant (with no rest or recovery time inbetween!)...

Any of you 5 have the balls to defend your vote with a rational argument?

h1a8
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Superman thinks he's bad, so he tries out for the Trans Tier, and thusly runs the following gauntlet...

Superman engages the following gauntlet with all battles being to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed...

Superman is allowed no rest or recovery time inbetween fights; as soon as one fight ends, the next starts immediately...

How far does Superman get? This is current Superman btw...

1) Warriors Madness Thor (no Power Gem)...
2) The Collector...
3) Warriors Madness Thor (with the Power Gem)...
4) The Runner...
5) Thanos...
6) Depowered Tyrant...

Clears.
He's stronger than all the characters and is vastly faster (except for runner).

Edit: I didn't see no rest or recovery. I say he gets to runner.

carver9
Stops at 1.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by carver9
Stops at 1.

laughing out loud at 6 acolytes that say he clears! Tells you all you need to know.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

laughing Because Superman is already the end all and be all, right?

abhilegend
If you say so.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
laughing Because Superman is already the end all and be all, right?

Your the one with his Symbol in your avatar, laughing out loud

h1a8
Stops at 1. Superman is more than 10 times stronger than Thor. Thor being 10 times stronger doesn't make him 10 times more durable. Plus Wm Thor would fight like an idiot. No exotic powers. Just using Mjolnir as a club. Superman is vastly faster and can end the fight quickly. Normal Thor would be a better fight.

As far as strength, think of mountain range pressing strength for Thor and planet pressing strength for Superman. This is more than 1 million times difference. I'll be willing to say that Superman is about 10-20 times stronger though.

The Sorrow
He isn't getting past 3. Lol at the votes putting him over Tyrant and Thanos.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by The Sorrow
He isn't getting past 3. Lol at the votes putting him over Tyrant and Thanos.

He isn't getting past #1.

"Id"
clears it

h1a8
He isn't getting past #1. prove it. Prove with a logical argument based solely off facts and on panel evidence that Wm Thor beats him. I'll argue that normal Thor is a tougher fight.

Dampyre
Stops at 3 for sure.

Dampyre
Lmao at the people thinking Superman clears this. This must be the board for slow people.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Dampyre
Lmao at the people thinking Superman clears this. This must be the board for slow people.

You must be one of them since your posting here.

Dampyre
You must be one of them since your posting here.

The same could be said of you. But you know that, right?

Blue Area Vet

It was hijacked a while back.

Time-Immemorial
The same could be said of you. But you know that, right?

Just as long as you know you were insulting yourself, I'm fine with that.

I enjoy my friends here.

Astner
He'd stops at #3, but he could probably take out #4 as well.

Horrificus
Stopped by #3.

MF DELPH
Yeah, I'd say he either stops at #3, or beats #3 and drops at #4 given the stipulation of no rest in between matches. Supes is going to expend a lot of energy beating WM Thor with the Power Gem, and assuming he gets that W Runner is going to be fresh while he's depleted.

Insane Titan
Stops hard at 3.

He ain't beating PG Thor.

carver9
Why does he beat 1?

Dampyre
Just as long as you know you were insulting yourself, I'm fine with that.

I enjoy my friends here.

I don't consider myself a regular here. I'm slumming today.

D-Block
I don't see him getting passed 1.

Decter
Stops at 3

MF DELPH
Why does he beat 1?

Because Warrior Madness Thor, while powerful, doesn't have the inexhaustible power supply he would have with the Power Gem, and Superman has various other advantages against a rampaging Thor. Also because that's the 1st match and Superman will be at 100%. It's the subsequent matches where attrition starts to come into play.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Because Warrior Madness Thor, while powerful, doesn't have the inexhaustible power supply he would have with the Power Gem, and Superman has various other advantages against a rampaging Thor. Also because that's the 1st match and Superman will be at 100%. It's the subsequent matches where attrition starts to come into play.

What? Why does he need and "inexhaustible power supply" in the first place? This is Thor on steroids. Regular Thor would be enough for Superman. Forget the power boost, the fact that he wouldn't be holding back anything would be HIGHLY
problematic.

Supermex
So 5 of you think Superman beats Thanos and Depowered Tyrant (with no rest or recovery time inbetween!)...

Any of you 5 have the balls to defend your vote with a rational argument?

I could name those 5 easy lol

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Supermex
I could name those 5 easy lol

laughing

MF DELPH
What? Why does he need and "inexhaustible power supply" in the first place? This is Thor on steroids. Regular Thor would be enough for Superman. Forget the power boost, the fact that he wouldn't be holding back anything would be HIGHLY
problematic.

Having the power gem makes it harder for a likely depleted Superman in Round 3 to defeat WM Thor a second time because this time around Thor is amped exponentially while Superman's already been through two battles without rest. Due to that, IMO, it's highly unlikely Superman would get past this round given the stips, and if he did, there'd be barely anything left for the Runner to fight in Round 4.

I'm not saying the Power Gem is a necessity for Thor to win, it just follows logically that if Superman beats a standard WM Thor in Round 1 (which IMO he would), that would take a lot out of Superman, if he then fought another battle afterwards without recovering against the Collector, which would take even more out of Superman, and then, if he beats Collector, he fought WM Thor again, but this time WM Thor was even more powerful via the Power Gem while Superman was weaker, the likelihood of Superman winning a second time drops significantly. Likely to zero chance.

DarkSaint85
Rare indeed when Delph's pimp hand descends.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Having the power gem makes it harder for a likely depleted Superman in Round 3 to defeat WM Thor a second time because this time around Thor is amped exponentially while Superman's already been through two battles without rest. Due to that, IMO, it's highly unlikely Superman would get past this round given the stips, and if he did, there'd be barely anything left for the Runner to fight in Round 4.

I'm not saying the Power Gem is a necessity for Thor to win, it just follows logically that if Superman beats a standard WM Thor in Round 1 (which IMO he would), that would take a lot out of Superman, if he then fought another battle afterwards without recovering against the Collector, which would take even more out of Superman, and then, if he beats Collector, he fought WM Thor again, but this time WM Thor was even more powerful via the Power Gem while Superman was weaker, the likelihood of Superman winning a second time drops significantly. Likely to zero chance.

This..although i think collector stands a good chance

h1a8
Why does he beat 1? He's still stronger and faster. And Wm Thor fights worst than normal Thor

Sin I AM
Originally posted by h1a8
He's still stronger and faster. And Wm Thor fights worst than normal Thor

Youre lowballing thor

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Sin I AM
This..although i think collector stands a good chance

thumb up

You know, I agree with this; I dont think some recognize how powerful Collector truly is...

Most recently Collector took it to a guy who took it to Thanos...

The Avengers were not powerful enough to defeat him; it took the Unimind to put him down...

IMHO, if Supes gets past WM Thor (and thats a big if IMHO), I dont think Supes would have enough left in the tank to defeat Collector...

h1a8
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Youre lowballing thor lowballing is using a character's lowest showings as a representative of their forum level.

I never mentioned Thor's lowest showings.

I'm comparing the two by feats and coming to a conclusion based off the magnitude of one's feats over the other's.

h1a8
thumb up

You know, I agree with this; I dont think some recognize how powerful Collector truly is...

Most recently Collector took it to a guy who took it to Thanos...

The Avengers were not powerful enough to defeat him; it took the Unimind to put him down...

IMHO, if Supes gets past WM Thor (and thats a big if IMHO), I dont think Supes would have enough left in the tank to defeat Collector... Superman can beat Wm Thor in several minutes or less without getting touched. We Thor can be KOed by Supes in less than 20 shattering blows. Remember Wm Thor is 10x stronger, not 10x durable. Also he fights very dumb.

Star428
Stops at 1.

laughing out loud

TheLordofMurder
Superman can beat Wm Thor in several minutes or less without getting touched. We Thor can be KOed by Supes in less than 20 shattering blows. Remember Wm Thor is 10x stronger, not 10x durable. Also he fights very dumb.

I dont believe that...

Thor has dealt with super speedsters before and he's never not been able to hit them...

As for Thors damage soak, I dont think you can just arbitrarily assign numbers to this...

Time-Immemorial
I dont believe that...

Thor has dealt with super speedsters before and he's never not been able to hit them...

As for Thors damage soak, I dont think you can just arbitrarily assign numbers to this...

Happy Dance thumb up

carver9
lowballing is using a character's lowest showings as a representative of their forum level.

I never mentioned Thor's lowest showings.

I'm comparing the two by feats and coming to a conclusion based off the magnitude of one's feats over the other's.

Can Thor one shot Superman?

SSJGGogeta
Shut up, Carver. Smfh.

Superman clears up to depowered Tyrant. Even without any rest, as long as he's got the sun bathing him, he doesn't need it anyway.

Of course though, depending on the version, Superman could clear the gauntlet no prob, or lose to #1. Someone like... Idk, PC Superman though could make it up to depowered Tyrant, and fight him for a while before losing.

carver9
Read a comic.

SSJGGogeta
Read a comic.

Learn to read.

h1a8
I dont believe that...

As for Thors damage soak, I dont think you can just arbitrarily assign numbers to this... That's because when Thor hits them they are not using speed. Tbh, most speedsters have to be written without using speed for the sake of the plot.

I can. When I assign a number it's usually a courtesy. In reality it would take about 2-3 good strikes. Thor has a glass jaw when it comes to heavy hitters rocking his ass.

h1a8
Can Thor one shot Superman? With a godblast maybe. Not with any type of strike.

SSJGGogeta
That's because when Thor hits them they are not using speed. Tbh, most speedsters have to be written without using speed for the sake of the plot.

I can. When I assign a number it's usually a courtesy. In reality it would take about 2-3 good strikes. Thor has a glass jaw when it comes to heavy hitters rocking his ass.

Eh, I'm a little apt to disagree with the glass jaw comment. He's taken hits from Hulk.

The same hits that Superman tanked until Hulk passed out from exhaustion, but still.

TheLordofMurder
That's because when Thor hits them they are not using speed. Tbh, most speedsters have to be written without using speed for the sake of the plot.

Great, so post your formula that yeilds the numbers you come up with...

SSJGGogeta
Great, so post your formula that yeilds the numbers you come up with...

I... don't know what he's talking about, but Superman definitely outclasses Thor in strength, speed, durability, and in a lot of cases, striking power.

Really all he'd have to do is fly away, and come back at MFTL while holding his fist out, to knock Thor's head into the sun.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
I... don't know what he's talking about, but Superman definitely outclasses Thor in strength, speed, durability, and in a lot of cases, striking power.

Really all he'd have to do is fly away, and come back at MFTL while holding his fist out, to knock Thor's head into the sun.

You know you can absolutely make a concrete argument that Superman is physically superior to Thor; I have no problem with that at all...

I have a problem with all the numbers h1 throws around; they are just made up and lack any science to back them up...

If someone wants to give their opinion on something, then fine, but dont throw numbers around and act like the numbers are factual...

SSJGGogeta
You know you can absolutely make a concrete argument that Superman is physically superior to Thor; I have no problem with that at all...

I have a problem with all the numbers h1 throws around; they are just made up and lack any science to back them up...

If someone wants to give their opinion on something, then fine, but dont throw numbers around and act like the numbers are factual...

Well to be fair, I haven't seen him throw any calcs around. He said Supe's would win with 2-3 punches, which is honestly being extremely generous. Most versions of Superman would one-shot Thor, if not accidentally kill him.

Godblast's would probably do some damage, which is a good argument because of Supe's weakness to magic. But if he can survive as many Zeus bolts from CM as he has over the years, he can tank Thor's handily.

carver9
With a godblast maybe. Not with any type of strike.

Why not?

h1a8
Eh, I'm a little apt to disagree with the glass jaw comment. He's taken hits from Hulk.

The same hits that Superman tanked until Hulk passed out from exhaustion, but still. I was referring to beings like Gladiator and Thanos mostly. Thor usually gets folded when Hulk strikes Thor in the face. Not all the time. Not KOed from the 1st hit but seriously rocked. Imo, I believe Hulk usually holds back when he fights Thor. But I seen several times where Hulk put a hurting on Thor. But you are right.

TheLordofMurder
Well to be fair, I haven't seen him throw any calcs around. He said Supe's would win with 2-3 punches, which is honestly being extremely generous. Most versions of Superman would one-shot Thor, if not accidentally kill him.

Godblast's would probably do some damage, which is a good argument because of Supe's weakness to magic. But if he can survive as many Zeus bolts from CM as he has over the years, he can tank Thor's handily.

You know, it really depends on the writer as Thor does have feats that suggest that he has tremendous damage soak and should (pending the writer) eat Superman's attacks all day...

The following, for example, against the Classic 4th Celestial Host (back when they were written to be the next tier of power beyond Galactus and Watchers)...

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorDurability20-300.jpg

h1a8
Why not? Because Thor isn't strong enough to bypass Superman's durability enough to ko him with a strike. Superman has tanked hits from beings far stronger.

h1a8
You know, it really depends on the writer as Thor does have feats that suggest that he has tremendous damage soak and should (pending the writer) eat Superman's attacks all day...

The following, for example, against the Classic 4th Celestial Host (back when they were written to be the next tier of power beyond Galactus and Watchers)...

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorDurability20-300.jpg lol those are energy blasts. Thor is Hella durable against energy. We are talking about blunt force. A good hit will cause Thor to drop the hammer.

carver9
Because Thor isn't strong enough to bypass Superman's durability enough to ko him with a strike. Superman has tanked hits from beings far stronger.

People that doesn't have close to Thor fts has though.

abhilegend
Why is Runner so high?

TheLordofMurder
lol those are energy blasts. Thor is Hella durable against energy. We are talking about blunt force. A good hit will cause Thor to drop the hammer.

Gotta disagree with that...

Thor, in particular WM Thor without the Power Gem, took a combined strike from 2 Class 100 bricks at the same time (Dumb Drax and Maxam) and just shrugged it off (and he didnt drop Mjolnir)...

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorDurability32469Blunt.jpg

TheLordofMurder
Why is Runner so high?

Runner is a strong Trans Tier character...

SSJGGogeta

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorDurability20-300.jpg

Well let's put it this way- Superman's high ends >>>>>> Thor's high ends, and Superman's average >>>> Thor's average.

And the Celestial's have some pretty low/weak showings, like being pierced by Mjolnir and some others. I'm not huge into Marvel, but I remember a bunch of instances it seems like where SS damaged them or something. I could be remembering it wrong though, as I will admit I haven't read Marvel for a long time, nor have I ever really read it avidly.

But while you can post that, I can post Superman holding a black hole, flying through supernova's, surviving blasts of anti-matter from the Anti-monitor, trading blows with SBP, not even flinching from full power hits from Hulk, being unharmed after being in the center of two colliding planets, etc.

Superman really just outclasses Thor.

celeyhyga17
Well let's put it this way- Superman's high ends >>>>>> Thor's high ends, and Superman's average >>>> Thor's average.

And the Celestial's have some pretty low/weak showings, like being pierced by Mjolnir and some others. I'm not huge into Marvel, but I remember a bunch of instances it seems like where SS damaged them or something. I could be remembering it wrong though, as I will admit I haven't read Marvel for a long time, nor have I ever really read it avidly.

But while you can post that, I can post Superman holding a black hole, flying through supernova's, surviving blasts of anti-matter from the Anti-monitor, trading blows with SBP, not even flinching from full power hits from Hulk, being unharmed after being in the center of two colliding planets, etc.

Superman really just outclasses Thor.
facepalm

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
facepalm

Got a problem?

celeyhyga17
Got a problem?
Well for one... Before you make ignant(admittedly) claims, at least get the thread right. It's New 52 Superman.

Rao Kal El
With this stips he may pass 3 but in bad shape and I don't think he could go on to pass 4

Blue Area Vet
Why is Runner so high?

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/facepalm.gif

You need to retire soon.

h1a8
People that doesn't have close to Thor fts has though. huh? Who has one shot Superman that's weaker than Thor?

h1a8
Gotta disagree with that...

Thor, in particular WM Thor without the Power Gem, took a combined strike from 2 Class 100 bricks at the same time (Dumb Drax and Maxam) and just shrugged it off (and he didnt drop Mjolnir)...

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorDurability32469Blunt.jpg That's because the handle was around his wrist. Look at the scan. If Thor held Mjolnir normally then it would have dropped.

Sin I AM
Hmm i change my mind. I think he stops hard at 2

carver9
huh? Who has one shot Superman that's weaker than Thor?

That doesn't have the fts Thor have?

abhilegend
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/facepalm.gif

You need to retire soon.
You need to shut up. Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Runner is a strong Trans Tier character...
No, he's not. His sole feat is beating a weakened Surfer.

That's not enough to be a high herald, let alone being a Trans.

h1a8
That doesn't have the fts Thor have? Thor doesn't have their feats you mean? Everyone has different feats so your question makes no sense.

In a forum Superman's durability will be beyond any time he was one shot by whoever.

But I'm curious, other than Konvict, who has one shot Superman? I'm not even sure Konvict did it.

Horrificus
Why does he beat 1? well, u gotta point there carver.

Truth is... He doesn't. But, to make such a statement, invites MADNESS to this thread. So, in the interest of Board Peace, I, personally, felt it was prudent to sacrifice #1 and #2, while standing fast with #3.

I didn't see the harm, since Superman can't beat them anyway and I knew they would be fine.

But, the gesture was made and everybody is happy.

abhilegend
Haha, what? Are we talking about the same Thor who got his shit pushed in by a weakened BRB?

Philosophía
Haha, what? Are we talking about the same Thor who got his shit pushed in by a weakened BRB? thumb up

It's amazing how everytime he is brought up, that part is ignored.

carver9
Haha, what? Are we talking about the same Thor who got his shit pushed in by a weakened BRB?

Don't be a hypocrite.

DarkSaint85
Wasn't carver the one arguing that BRB was a High Herald?

Which would mean he agrees with abhi that he can get wins over Thor.

Yet, suddenly, mysteriously.....its a low showing to lose to BRB? Even though they are both HHs?

TheLordofMurder
You need to shut up.
No, he's not. His sole feat is beating a weakened Surfer.

That's not enough to be a high herald, let alone being a Trans.

If you think Runners sole feat is beating Surfer, then you need to read more comics...

Inaddition, Champion claimed that Surfer was weakened (and he only said that because Runner was bragging to the other Elders); Surfer never claimed or showed weakness before, during, or after his fight with Runner...

According to Surfer, he summoned up the Power Cosmic, but the Runner was simply stronger than him...

Also, keep in mind, that the Runner nearly killed Surfer while toying with him (and he would have died if Mantis had not healed him); Surfers attacks had no real effect on Runner either...

So combined with his other feats (which, by your own admission, you are ignorant of), he's absolutely Trans...

TheLordofMurder

Yeah that Thor...

But tell me, how did Bill get weakened in the 1st place? By getting crushed by WM Thor and knocked into orbit...

Then the 2nd time around, Thor attacked recklessly and got punished for it by Bill...

Then Thor recovers, KO's Bill...beats Surfer solo...proceeds to beat Surfer and Adam Warlock...then follows all of that up by putting a hurting on the Infinity Watch.

WM Thor without the Power Gem was beastly in that arc sans that one hiccup against Bill...

celeyhyga17
Pre BT Thor had a long and drawn out slugfest with PG Drax who was only getting stronger as the fight went on... Stated to be subconsciously tapping into the power gem

Rao Kal El
Byrne Superman during the panic in the sky arc faced a Brainiac contolled Mon El, Guy Gardner, Starman, Fire, Ice and Booster Gold. AT THE SAME TIME

When Braniac scanned Superman's mind, Braniac realized Superman was holding back Happy Dance

carver9
Powergirl fought against a mind controlled Superman and Black Adam and was winning.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Byrne Superman during the panic in the sky arc faced a Brainiac contolled Mon El, Guy Gardner, Starman, Fire, Ice and Booster Gold. AT THE SAME TIME

When Braniac scanned Superman's mind, Braniac realized Superman was holding back Happy Dance

Yeah, not bad...

Booster Gold, Fire, and Ice are hardly powerhouses, but not bad at anyrate...

Still doesnt invalidate how beastly Thor was against multiple mid to high heralds...

TheLordofMurder
Powergirl fought against a mind controlled Superman and Black Adam and was winning.

thumb up

Rao Kal El

Difference is that Braniac was amped by warworld, IIRC his mind control was absolute my friend

Rao Kal El
Yeah, not bad...

Booster Gold, Fire, and Ice are hardly powerhouses, but not bad at anyrate...

Still doesnt invalidate how beastly Thor was against multiple mid to high heralds...

Yeah I don't see those 3 as dangerous, but Mon El, Guy and Starman will make the cut and those are 3 heralds with 2 of them probably entering on the HH tier and SM face them while holding back and We are talking about Byrne Superman a weaker version than the late post crisis years or beginning of DCNU52

IIRC Thor didn't face his 2 hh while holding back on BT on the contrary, he was getting extra strong

TheLordofMurder
Pre BT Thor had a long and drawn out slugfest with PG Drax who was only getting stronger as the fight went on... Stated to be subconsciously tapping into the power gem

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Yeah I don't see those 3 as dangerous, but Mon El, Guy and Starman will make the cut and those are 3 heralds with 2 of them probably entering on the HH tier and SM face them while holding back.

IIRC Thor didn't face his 2 hh while holding back on BT on the contrary, he was getting extra strong

True...

Superman is legit; he's very powerful...

Thats why I think him running this gauntlet is an interesting challenge for him...

Does he clear? Thats ridiculous and everyone thats posted here knows that (even those of you in the House of El that voted that he clears)...

Does he put up a good showing? Thats a very real possiblity and thats why we are here to debate...

Rao Kal El
True...

Superman is legit; he's very powerful...

Thats why I think him running this gauntlet is an interesting challenge for him...

Does he clear? Thats ridiculous and everyone thats posted here knows that (even those of you in the House of El that voted that he clears)...

Does he put up a good showing? Thats a very real possiblity and thats why we are here to debate...

Imo No.

Even if I try to push it, I don't think he will beat DP Tyrant.

I think He gets pass 3 in bad shape and won't pass 4.

4 will be a challenge because of the speed and Thanos, well is Thanos on top of that he is not resting, so I don't see how he will clear it. He will put a good fight but the stips won't help and is the gauntlet team fight to lose.

abhilegend
If you think Runners sole feat is beating Surfer, then you need to read more comics...

Inaddition, Champion claimed that Surfer was weakened (and he only said that because Runner was bragging to the other Elders); Surfer never claimed or showed weakness before, during, or after his fight with Runner...

According to Surfer, he summoned up the Power Cosmic, but the Runner was simply stronger than him...

Also, keep in mind, that the Runner nearly killed Surfer while toying with him (and he would have died if Mantis had not healed him); Surfers attacks had no real effect on Runner either...

So combined with his other feats (which, by your own admission, you are ignorant of), he's absolutely Trans...
Champion claimed it was done after the fight with Korvac where surfer was killed.

So nothing to suggest he wasn't weakened.

In fact surfer nearly died by falling to a planet. That's how weakened he was. Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Yeah that Thor...

But tell me, how did Bill get weakened in the 1st place? By getting crushed by WM Thor and knocked into orbit...

Then the 2nd time around, Thor attacked recklessly and got punished for it by Bill...

Then Thor recovers, KO's Bill...beats Surfer solo...proceeds to beat Surfer and Adam Warlock...then follows all of that up by putting a hurting on the Infinity Watch.

WM Thor without the Power Gem was beastly in that arc sans that one hiccup against Bill...
Yeah, the same Thor. Bill was holding back in that fight.

Perhaps I shouldn't mention Spider-Man beating the same Thor too.

All it shows that the Watch and Surfer fought like morons. Thor trying to slug out with Superman is not a good idea for Thor. Originally posted by carver9
laughing out loud

The mindcontrolled heroes were explicitly less effective due to the mindcontrol.

TheLordofMurder
Champion claimed it was done after the fight with Korvac where surfer was killed.

So nothing to suggest he wasn't weakened.

In fact surfer nearly died by falling to a planet. That's how weakened he was.

Correction, there is no evidence that Surfer was weakened; you have Champion making that claim after being subdued (rather easily; hardly any effort) by Surfer while Runner went on to crush Surfer...

Surfer certainly makes no claim or excuse of being weakened; he owns it as a loss to someone who was simply more powerful than he was:

TheLordofMurder
@abhi

Surfer falling into a planet didnt nearly kill Surfer; Runner did...

Runner did it by beating on him, and then by hurling him into that planet; all while smiling I might add:

Time-Immemorial
@abhi

Surfer falling into a planet didnt nearly kill Surfer; Runner did...

Runner did it by beating on him, and then by hurling him into that planet; all while smiling I might add:

Happy Dance thumb up

SSJGGogeta
Well for one... Before you make ignant(admittedly) claims, at least get the thread right. It's New 52 Superman. \

Um... When did I suggest that it wasn't?

I was making a point that it's stupid to argue all the different versions at once, because any of the writers can give the characters any feats that they want to. That doesn't change their averages though.

carver9
You received most if not all of your Superman fts from the Goku vs Superman death battle. I'm sure you don't read the character.

-Pr-
So now you have something in common.

Juntai
Originally posted by -Pr-
So now you have something in common. laughing

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
So now you have something in common.

no expression

Time-Immemorial
Carver, PR just owned you.

SSJGGogeta
You received most if not all of your Superman fts from the Goku vs Superman death battle. I'm sure you don't read the character.

Seems like you're mistaking my Superman knowledge for your misguided Hulk wankings. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.