Taskmaster -Vs- Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No Prep..
No B.F.R..
Dcnu..

Taskmaster

Vs

Bane

This is Pre-Darkseid Wars..
Just incase Dc gave him a god lvl upgrade..

Ok so wins?

deathslash
Bane is stronger by far but taskmaster has a huge skill advantage, a willingness to kill that Bane doesn't often encounter, a huge edge with his ranged weapons, and is capable of becoming much faster than him if he needs to be. Tony wins more times than not.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by deathslash
Bane is stronger by far but taskmaster has a huge skill advantage, a willingness to kill that Bane doesn't often encounter, a huge edge with his ranged weapons, and is capable of becoming much faster than him if he needs to be. Tony wins more times than not.

Agreed. He's cut out for a guy like Bane. It takes a Cap/BP/Ironfist level fighter to counter Tasky's photo reflexes.

deathslash
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Agreed. He's cut out for a guy like Bane. It takes a Cap/BP/Ironfist level fighter to counter Tasky's photo reflexes. not only that. He's got the skill of all of those master level fighters with the added agility of daredevil, spiderman, and tigre. He can also amp his speed if he chooses to.

-K-M-
As per taskmaster himself he isn't much of a fighter. That's why he often runs in the middle of his fights.

He also has loses to Puck, Moon Knight, Deadpool and others. He's good but you guys are making it like Bane has no chance which is untrue

deathslash
Originally posted by -K-M-
As per taskmaster himself he isn't much of a fighter. That's why he often runs in the middle of his fights.

He also has loses to Puck, Moon Knight, Deadpool and others. He's good but you guys are making it like Bane has no chance which is untrue oh, he has a serious chance. Anybody that can give batman fits will have a solid chance against tony.

But in forum fight, with both characters going all out, he's going to unload a volley of arrows to test bane's reflexes and once he sees how Bane moves, he'll adjust accordingly. Once Bane gets closer, he'll ready his sword and shield, block and dodge a few attacks while still counterattacking. Both characters will take some damage and then briefly break off the fight to catch their breath and think on their opponent's capabilities. Bane will have figured out that he needs stay in close quarters to keep Tony from shooting at him. When he begins to charge at him, tasky will begin to dance around him and unleash a torrent of blows (probably saying that he knows what bane's gonna do before he even does it). From this point on, it will be a very serious uphill battle for bane as Tony now knows all of his moves, and has the means to put Bane down.

Also, let's not pretend that Bane doesn't have any major losses (batman and killer croc).

Blue Area Vet

He also has loses to Puck, Moon Knight, Deadpool and others. He's good but you guys are making it like Bane has no chance which is untrue

No, I'm not sure why you are saying that. I didn't suggest Bane didn't have a chance at all. And the three you mentioned, there is no shame in losing to them. The thing is, Taskmaster is going to learn him because Bane doesn't have the skill, power or speed to take him out quickly. As the fight goes on, it favors Tasky.

-K-M-
oh, he has a serious chance. Anybody that can give batman fits will have a solid chance against tony.

But in forum fight, with both characters going all out, he's going to unload a volley of arrows to test bane's reflexes and once he sees how Bane moves, he'll adjust accordingly. Once Bane gets closer, he'll ready his sword and shield, block and dodge a few attacks while still counterattacking. Both characters will take some damage and then briefly break off the fight to catch their breath and think on their opponent's capabilities. Bane will have figured out that he needs stay in close quarters to keep Tony from shooting at him. When he begins to charge at him, tasky will begin to dance around him and unleash a torrent of blows (probably saying that he knows what bane's gonna do before he even does it). From this point on, it will be a very serious uphill battle for bane as Tony now knows all of his moves, and has the means to put Bane down.

Also, let's not pretend that Bane doesn't have any major losses (batman and killer croc).

No we don't. As per the forum rules CIS is still applied and how taskmaster reacts in majority of his battles is what we base it off of. As noted by him he isn't much of a fighter and often flees during fights when it gets tough. The rest of your post is what you think will happen so don't need to comment on

Killer croc there was circumstances with and no shame to batman in the least. My comment was directed at "It takes a Cap/BP/Ironfist level fighter to counter Tasky's photo reflexes" which isn't true

-K-M-
No, I'm not sure why you are saying that. I didn't suggest Bane didn't have a chance at all. And the three you mentioned, there is no shame in losing to them. The thing is, Taskmaster is going to learn him because Bane doesn't have the skill, power or speed to take him out quickly. As the fight goes on, it favors Tasky.

You made mention "It takes a Cap/BP/Ironfist level fighter to counter Tasky's photo reflexes" which isn't true

Actually under the rules longer fight is worse for tasky as he often flees if it goes to long or gets hard

DarkSaint85
I wonder what style Bane uses. It strikes me as akin to Moon Knight's 'get hit and hit them back harder'.

Which Tasky hates, lol.

Blue Area Vet
You made mention "It takes a Cap/BP/Ironfist level fighter to counter Tasky's photo reflexes" which isn't true

Actually under the rules longer fight is worse for tasky as he often flees if it goes to long or gets hard

Him "often fleeing" had nothing whatsoever to do with his ability to actually fight and everything to do with the fact that he is a mercenary who plans on living for another day. And yes, I stand by what I said. You have to have some sort of angle to beat Taskmaster one on one- be and elite fighter, have an unconventional style, be completely unpredictable, have meta human speed and/or a healing factor, etc.

-K-M-
Him "often fleeing" had nothing whatsoever to do with his ability to actually fight and everything to do with the fact that he is a mercenary who plans on living for another day. And yes, I stand by what I said. You have to have some sort of angle to beat Taskmaster one on one- be and elite fighter, have an unconventional style, be completely unpredictable, have meta human speed and/or a healing factor, etc.

It 100% has everything to do with his abilities. He has this skills but as he makes mention many times he is not much of a fighter. That's why he predominantly trains people. This falls into CIS which is part of the forum rules

I don't agree as people have gotten the better of him without those listed. Even Black Widow.

Blue Area Vet
It 100% has everything to do with his abilities. He has this skills but as he makes mention many times he is not much of a fighter. That's why he predominantly trains people. This falls into CIS which is part of the forum rules

I don't agree as people have gotten the better of him without those listed. Even Black Widow.

Dude, first of all, if he flees, the fight is inconclusive. Second of all, saying he is not much of a fighter is simply your opinion, nothing more. This is pretty much bullshit because the only reason he is a character is because of the fighter he is. HTF could he trian people to fight if he couldn't fight himself? Would you pay him to train you? Hilarious.

-K-M-
Dude, first of all, if he flees, the fight is inconclusive. Second of all, saying he is not much of a fighter is simply your opinion, nothing more. This is pretty much bullshit because the only reason he is a character is because of the fighter he is. HTF could he trian people to fight if he couldn't fight himself? Would you pay him to train you? Hilarious.

Incorrect. That's what HE says, not me...not once, but multiple times in his appearances. So in the end your choosing to ignore his on-panel statements and his showings where he flees when fights go long or tough. Your choice. It's wrong, but your choice.

Yes. Look at coaches for professional sports. They don't have the same capabilities as the athletes but they understand the game and can train them. He trains people by mimicking other people's fighting styles. Even mma fighters hire people to mimic their opponents in a fight even though that's not their regular fighting style. He can fight sure, but as he says he isn't much of a fighter (his words)

Blue Area Vet
Incorrect. That's what HE says, not me...not once, but multiple times in his appearances. So in the end your choosing to ignore his on-panel statements and his showings where he flees when fights go long or tough. Your choice. It's wrong, but your choice.

Yes. Look at coaches for professional sports. They don't have the same capabilities as the athletes but they understand the game and can train them. He trains people by mimicking other people's fighting styles. Even mma fighters hire people to mimic their opponents in a fight even though that's not their regular fighting style. He can fight sure, but as he says he isn't much of a fighter (his words)

Oh, I'm sorry, I'm supposed to take your word for it? Scans or your claim means nothing and not just scans, scans that proves he leaves specifically because he is overmatched as a fighter.

-K-M-
If you read the character and not his power/abilities section on Wikipedia you would know this already. Be honest how much of the character have you read? He runs from most of his fights

Sure I'll get scans, but sounds like even if I post you will ignore them. I'm at work but I'll get the scans either sometime today or tomorrow

But let's see some scans from YOu as well to back your argument

StiltmanFTW
Bane doesn't have the skill, power or speed to take him out quickly.

laughing out loud

I see you've reverted back to Brown Area Vet laughing

Read some comics, noob.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

I see you've reverted back to Brown Area Vet laughing

Read some comics, noob.

When did I hurt your butt, because that's what you are reflecting. You got your head up Bane's ass pretty deep today, Slitman. Like I said, Bane can't take him out quickly. No counter? Thanks.

AlmightyKfish
I'd say this a pretty good fight.

The thing with Taskmaster sometimes saying he's 'not much of a fighter' is there are other times where he's been happy to/enjoyed fighting and has been incredibly skilled and deadly. For every poorer showing he has he has stuff like easily beating The Cat or

As for the Moon Knight fight, it was hardly skill that Moon Knight won with; he crashed his jet into the room where Taskmaster was standing then attacked him as he was stuck on the ground.

I'd probably give this to Taskmaster more times than not, but it's in no way an easy fight and if Bane gets hold of him it's far more likely to end badly for Taskmaster.

Also what is Taskmaster armed with? His standard equipment changes pretty much every time he shows up.

Supermex
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
I'd say this a pretty good fight.

The thing with Taskmaster sometimes saying he's 'not much of a fighter' is there are other times where he's been happy to/enjoyed fighting and has been incredibly skilled and deadly. For every poorer showing he has he has stuff like easily beating The Cat or

As for the Moon Knight fight, it was hardly skill that Moon Knight won with; he crashed his jet into the room where Taskmaster was standing then attacked him as he was stuck on the ground.

I'd probably give this to Taskmaster more times than not, but it's in no way an easy fight and if Bane gets hold of him it's far more likely to end badly for Taskmaster.

Also what is Taskmaster armed with? His standard equipment changes pretty much every time he shows up.

What is Banes Standard Equipment? Just wondering

I think Taskmaster carries a bow, arrows, sword and shield..
Not sure about a gun, but if he does carry one he wont have one here..

-K-M-

Indeed, UDON Taskmaster seemed more to enjoy fighting and had some of his best feats there like bullet catching. As you know he has said that a few times now and does flee from most of his fights so nothing I said was a lie. I'm to arsed to get the scans now as I don't think Blue even reads the character. Speaking of the Cat when was the last time we saw him?

Agreed, but Moon Knight didn't attack him. Taskmaster literally gave up from fear after he shot MK with multiple arrows and he basically shrugged it off.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Supermex
What is Banes Standard Equipment? Just wondering

I think Taskmaster carries a bow, arrows, sword and shield..
Not sure about a gun, but if he does carry one he wont have one here..

Just fists for Bane

It varies, lots of times it's a sword, crossbow and shield. UDON Taskmaster carried multiple guns, but no sword or shield.

Supermex
Just fists for Bane

It varies, lots of times it's a sword, crossbow and shield. UDON Taskmaster carried multiple guns, but no sword or shield.

Lets make this just Shield for TM just due to Bane's strength advantage

AlmightyKfish
Indeed, UDON Taskmaster seemed more to enjoy fighting and had some of his best feats there like bullet catching. As you know he has said that a few times now and does flee from most of his fights so nothing I said was a lie. I'm to arsed to get the scans now as I don't think Blue even reads the character. Speaking of the Cat when was the last time we saw him?

Agreed, but Moon Knight didn't attack him. Taskmaster literally gave up from fear after he shot MK with multiple arrows and he basically shrugged it off.

Not just UDON but in a bunch of other appearances he has been happy to fight, but yeah he will run if it looks like he's not going to get anything out of the fight. That being said when he actually does fight he's usually pretty damn good, and I figure he can't run away from a vs fight. I'm pretty sure the Moon Knight arc was the only one where he out right states he isn't a fighter, it's just many other times he's very practical about his chances so will run/give up if it looks like the best thing to do do avoid dying.

Umm idk about The Cat, he was in a Cable and Deadpool arc when that was ongoing but I'm not sure about what he's been in since.

And oh yeah Moon Knight just advanced on him and tanked the crossbow shots. Either way, I'd not hold that against Taskmaster due to said jet crashing.

Urgh this has reminded me I really need to update Tasky's respect thread with stuff from the past year or two.

-K-M-
Actually I don't recall him saying he wasn't a fighter in Moon Knight, I was thinking in Avengers Initiative, Captain America and I believe he said it in Secret Avengers but would have to check.

Yeah he recently beat Venom in a fight lightening his sword on fire and using Spider-Man's technique.

-K-M-
Lets make this just Shield for TM just due to Bane's strength advantage

I forgot UDON Tasky had a katana and a hard light shield too.

DarkSaint85
It almost sounds like you know what you're talking about.

Blue Area Vet

I doubt you read him since he doesn't actually have a title. Again the burden is on you to back up your claim he runs from over half of his fights.

-K-M-
I doubt you read him since he doesn't actually have a title. Again the burden is on you to back up your claim he runs from over half of his fights.

Ummmm...what? I haven't read him as he doesn't have a title? Are you being serious? He makes tons of cameos such as in the comics I already listed and actually he DID have a mini as well. That was UDON Taskmaster, which Almighty and I were talking about above. I noticed you haven't added anything to your argument and did your very weak attempt at deflection.

Also did you miss the part where AlmightyKfish verified what I said? Same member who has Taskmaster as his avatar and made the respect thread for him.....he even brought up another scene where tasky says he isn't much of a fighter that I didn't recall

Hell in his recent Secret Avengers fight he flees, in his fight with Spider-Man he flees, his fight with Iron Man he flees, his fight with Cap and Iron Man he flees, his fight with deadpool he tried to flee, etc, etc.

.....but yeah he will run if it looks like he's not going to get anything out of the fight.

Under the rules of the board CIS is still in effect, so him running is still a tactic that may occur.

Zack M
Bane rips him in half like he did with the Talons.

Supermex
Originally posted by Zack M
Bane rips him in half like he did with the Talons.

Thread over guys

This guy just ended with one post

Bane rips him in 1/2. No fight to see

Zack M
Thread over guys

This guy just ended with one post

Bane rips him in 1/2. No fight to see

thumb up

Bane is quite fast and strong. Once he gets a hold of Tasky, it's over. People forget Bane is a META HUMAN BEFORE Venom. If Bane has Venom in this fight, he is the favorite.

Supermex
Originally posted by Zack M
thumb up

Bane is quite fast and strong. Once he gets a hold of Tasky, it's over. People forget Bane is a META HUMAN BEFORE Venom. If Bane has Venom in this fight, he is the favorite.

I agree that Bane has the strenght advantage, but i cant say Bane is overall better than TM due to TM's abilitys

But am leaning to Banes side for the moment

AlmightyKfish
Actually I don't recall him saying he wasn't a fighter in Moon Knight, I was thinking in Avengers Initiative, Captain America and I believe he said it in Secret Avengers but would have to check.

Yeah he recently beat Venom in a fight lightening his sword on fire and using Spider-Man's technique.

I remember in the MK thing when he first ambushes and casually beats Mark he says something like 'I don't like fighting' and it just seemed off, as although Taskmaster is always smart with when to leave etc, he is happy to and has often enjoyed fighting, it's just when it looks like he might be killed/arrested he'll scram.

Zack M
Remember too that Talons gave the whole Batfamily trouble, because of their enhanced speed and healing. Bane ripped two of them in half like nothing.

-K-M-
I remember in the MK thing when he first ambushes and casually beats Mark he says something like 'I don't like fighting' and it just seemed off, as although Taskmaster is always smart with when to leave etc, he is happy to and has often enjoyed fighting, it's just when it looks like he might be killed/arrested he'll scram.

I really don't recall him saying that to be honest. I remember he saying he got out of the training gig as his recruits kept getting busted and needed to relocated all the time. Guess I need to reread it.

Well he's smart about it. All his first appearances he kept escaping after a briefly having a scuffle and looking good. I enjoyed his run in the initiative,'but prefer his UDON look. In his first encounter with Deadpool he badly and I mean badly owned him

Supermex
How strong can Bane get with Venom?

-K-M-
DC doesn't have a strength tier like marvel so it's not exactly sure HOW strong.

Supermex
Anyone got a best strength feat of Bane ?

Zack M
Anyone got a best strength feat of Bane ?

Like Galan said in the other thread, he tossed a huge boulder like it was nothing. Boulders can weigh anywhere from 4-10,000 pounds. It looked like the one Bane threw was a decent size.

Zack M
Sorry, this is what Galan said

The boulder incident was the first time Batman faced off with Bane, IIRC.

Blue Area Vet
Ummmm...what? I haven't read him as he doesn't have a title? Are you being serious? He makes tons of cameos such as in the comics I already listed and actually he DID have a mini as well. That was UDON Taskmaster, which Almighty and I were talking about above. I noticed you haven't added anything to your argument and did your very weak attempt at deflection.

Also did you miss the part where AlmightyKfish verified what I said? Same member who has Taskmaster as his avatar and made the respect thread for him.....he even brought up another scene where tasky says he isn't much of a fighter that I didn't recall

Hell in his recent Secret Avengers fight he flees, in his fight with Spider-Man he flees, his fight with Iron Man he flees, his fight with Cap and Iron Man he flees, his fight with deadpool he tried to flee, etc, etc.

Under the rules of the board CIS is still in effect, so him running is still a tactic that may occur.

And that would be an INCONCLUSIVE fight like I said, not a loss. You want a mod ruling on this?

As far as his comment you can't produce, what does it matter? He has SHOWN to be a very good fighter and the person you just mentioned said the same thing. On top of that, it's showings over lip service.

abhilegend
How is this even a fight? Bane demolishes him something fierce.

I would give Nightwing win over Taskmaster let alone Bane.

Blue Area Vet
I really don't recall him saying that to be honest. I remember he saying he got out of the training gig as his recruits kept getting busted and needed to relocated all the time. Guess I need to reread it.

Well he's smart about it. All his first appearances he kept escaping after a briefly having a scuffle and looking good. I enjoyed his run in the initiative,'but prefer his UDON look. In his first encounter with Deadpool he badly and I mean badly owned him

Deadpoole also completely dominated Shatterstar when they first met. Shatterstar should have killed him on paper.

Blue Area Vet

So now you are unsure of what was said? That's why there are scans. Produce them or non of this is admissible.

Zack M
Originally posted by abhilegend

I agree. Bane is just too much of a physical beast for Tasky.

Blue Area Vet

Because Taskmaster is more skilled and better equipped, that's why.

Zack M
All the skill in the world won't prevent Tasky from getting torn in half. stick out tongue

-K-M-
And that would be an INCONCLUSIVE fight like I said, not a loss. You want a mod ruling on this?

As far as his comment you can't produce, what does it matter? He has SHOWN to be a very good fighter and the person you just mentioned said the same thing. On top of that, it's showings over lip service.

As per the rules it would make the fight forfeited and would be classified as a lose

Already did produce and almighty verified as well so there's that but keep choosing to ignore it. Yes he is a very good fighter, no argument there

-K-M-
So now you are unsure of what was said? That's why there are scans. Produce them or non of this is admissible.

Can you read what I said? I was referring to other instances. Almighty found ANOTHER instance where he says he isn't much of a fighter. Which goes with what I said earlier. So in short we both list instances where he says it and one is the person that made the taskmaster respect thread yet you still choose to ignore? And what scans have you produced again?

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/fight_zpsxckbsfek.png

Blue Area Vet
Can you read what I said? I was referring to other instances. Almighty found ANOTHER instance where he says he isn't much of a fighter. Which goes with what I said earlier. So in short we both list instances where he says it and one is the person that made the taskmaster respect thread yet you still choose to ignore? And what scans have you produced again?

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/fight_zpsxckbsfek.png

He also said he was only portrayed as this under one writer and that he is generally portrayed as good in combat. How long are you going to ignore that? By the way, Tasky said personal combat is not his thing, not that he isn't capable. Sorry, YOU are the only one saying he isn't much of a fighter and that's YOUR thing. It's pretty funny you are trying to team up with a guy who actually took the time to make a Tasky respect thread, but I guess you don't see the irony in that.

abhilegend
Because Taskmaster is more skilled and better equipped, that's why.
Tell that to X-23 who demolished him in two pages.

Supermex
Well if people think Bane wins this fight and Bane keeps moving up the food chain i wonder what other good fight i could put him in...

Bane is reaching Spider-Man villain type heat if we go by what some are saying here.

-K-M-
He also said he was only portrayed as this under one writer and that he is generally portrayed as good in combat. How long are you going to ignore that? By the way, Tasky said personal combat is not his thing, not that he isn't capable. Sorry, YOU are the only one saying he isn't much of a fighter and that's YOUR thing. It's pretty funny you are trying to team up with a guy who actually took the time to make a Tasky respect thread, but I guess you don't see the irony in that.

Are you not reading and understanding what I have been saying? No he didn't he said "The thing with Taskmaster sometimes saying he's 'not much of a fighter' is...", and ignore what? Are you kidding me? we list examples of him running from fights and him saying he isn't much of a fighter and your response is you don't read his title and I demand scans, nope not listening. Also no I said he is a good fighter, but HE said he wasn't in the one scan I posted. Hell I even listed good feats for him in this thread, which clearly you cant read very well or you would know that. Yeah he made the thread and did you notice he has been agreeing with me? Oh the irony.

Hell I have listed more Taskmaster feats in this thread then you have.

Blue Area Vet
Well if people think Bane wins this fight and Bane keeps moving up the food chain i wonder what other good fight i could put him in...

Bane is reaching Spider-Man villain type heat if we go by what some are saying here.

He has to keep up with meta human Batman.

Blue Area Vet
Are you not reading and understanding what I have been saying? No he didn't he said "The thing with Taskmaster sometimes saying he's 'not much of a fighter' is...", and ignore what? Are you kidding me we list examples of him running from fights and him saying he isn't much of a fighter and your response is you don't read his title and I demand scans, nope not listening. Also no I said he is a good fighter, but HE said he wasn't which is shown in the scan. Hell I even listed good feats for him in this thread, which clearly you cant read very well or you would know that. Yeah he made the thread and did you notice he has been agreeing with me? Oh the irony.

So you are just going to lie about scans you posted? He didn't say he wasn't a good fighter, he said personal combat is not his thing, e.i. his preference. What don't you get about that?

Secondly, stop mixing issues. You are claiming he is a good fighter, but not a good fighter as evidenced by the fact that he runs away over 50% of the time. I say that bullshit. Your argument is an abomination of empty claims and misinterpretation. And I don't care if you aren't listening, seriously. You obviously aren't.

-K-M-
So you are just going to lie about scans you posted? He didn't say he wasn't a good fighter, he said personal combat is not his thing, e.i. his preference. What don't you get about that?

Secondly, stop mixing issues. You are claiming he is a good fighter, but not a good fighter as evidenced by the fact that he runs away over 50% of the time. I say that bullshit. Your argument is an abomination of empty claims and misinterpretation. And I don't care if you aren't listening, seriously. You obviously aren't.

What do you think personal combat is?.... roll eyes (sarcastic) Hint he was referring to a *gasp* a fight he had early and didn't work out well for him.

I'm not, but you just cant read and comprehend. Ok what did I misinterpret? back that claim up. Please.

Blue Area Vet
Taskmaster did very well against Venom who is >>> Bane. Didn't run, either. But you claiming he said he can't fight which he didn't is supposed to carry more weight.

-K-M-
Taskmaster did very well against Venom who is >>> Bane. Didn't run, either. But you claiming he said he can't fight which he didn't is supposed to carry more weight.

He also had help temp beating Venom fromh Firebrand as fire is Venom's weakness. Are you sure he didn't run? because if you read the issue once Ant-Man arrived and Venom quickly recovered he DID run.

Maybe you should have read the issue? Also he said he can't, not me. It's amazing how many times I have to repeat this.

Blue Area Vet
I mean he really sucks.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11/113883/2549240-secret_avengers_zone003.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11/113883/2549243-secret_avengers_zone004.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11/113883/2549244-secret_avengers_zone005.jpg big grin

Decter
I can only name 3 instances where Taskmaster tucked tail and ran.

2 of them were against spiderman and the other was Moon Knight IIRC

Actaully make that 4. Forgot about Taskmaster running away from venom after using his weakness against him

-K-M-
Originally posted by Decter
I can only name 3 instances where Taskmaster tucked tail and ran.

2 of them were against spiderman and the other was Moon Knight IIRC

Nope, he ran far more then that

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/images/c_limit,h_484,w_669/t_mp_quality/mi2douvqg0qroshtg7gq/an-unfinished-task-why-this-character-needs-to-rejoin-marvel-s-mcu-taskmaster-fights-c-671193.jpg

A lot of his first appearances he would escape.

Blue Area Vet
He also had help temp beating Venom fromh Firebrand as fire is Venom's weakness. Are you sure he didn't run? because if you read the issue once Ant-Man arrived and Venom quickly recovered he DID run.

Maybe you should have read the issue?

You claimed he runs because he can't fight well- Nothing could be further from the truth. Questioning his fighting skills is straight up idiotic.

Second of all, yes, the fight was interrupted, but that's hardly the point. The point is he was successfully fighting evenly with a character out of his weight class and out of Bane's weight class. For a Taskmaster expert, you sure are being exposed.

Decter
The point is he was successfully fighting evenly with a character out of his weight class and out of Bane's weight class. .

I tend to dislike these kind of arguments.

Because as said before Bane made Superman bleed.

And superman is way out of Venoms weight class.

See where I'm going with this?

Blue Area Vet
Nope, he ran far more then that

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/images/c_limit,h_484,w_669/t_mp_quality/mi2douvqg0qroshtg7gq/an-unfinished-task-why-this-character-needs-to-rejoin-marvel-s-mcu-taskmaster-fights-c-671193.jpg

A lot of his first appearances he would escape.

After talking on BOTH Cap and Ironman? laughing

You are sinking your own argument better than I am!!

Once again numb skull, yes, he runs away. He's a POS criminal. That's not the debate. YOU claimed he runs away because he isn't a good fighter and is outmatched. He is a ****ing criminal mercenary that doesn't want to go to the Raft. Common sense, but since you seem to me lacking in that department, you could have read his quote from the scan:

"It be aweful hard running business from a jail cell!"

-K-M-
You claimed he runs because he can't fight well- Nothing could be further from the truth. Questioning his fighting skills is straight up idiotic.

Second of all, yes, the fight was interrupted, but that's hardly the point. The point is he was successfully fighting evenly with a character out of his weight class and out of Bane's weight class. For a Taskmaster expert, you sure are being exposed.

Reread what I wrote, you of all people should not be commenting.

Exposed for knowing the character? As what have you exactly countered? Hell what examples have you posted?

-K-M-
After talking on BOTH Cap and Ironman? laughing

You are sinking your own argument better than I am!!

Once again numb skull, yes, he runs away. He's a POS criminal. That's not the debate. YOU claimed he runs away because he isn't a good fighter and is outmatched. He is a ****ing criminal mercenary that doesn't want to go to the Raft. Common sense.

Have you read the fight? I have.

Quote me where I said that. Because I can find multiple quotes in this thread where I say the OPPOSITE of that. Reading is not your strong suit is it?

Blue Area Vet
I tend to dislike these kind of arguments.

Because as said before Bane made Superman bleed.

And superman is way out of Venoms weight class.

See where I'm going with this?

I'm not even making and ABC argument, I'm showing K M that Tasky doesn't run away from battles because his skills aren't up to par and that his claim is bullshit. Here he fights Venom evenly.

-K-M-
I'm not even making and ABC argument, I'm showing K M that Tasky doesn't run away from battles because his skills aren't up to par and that his claim is bullshit. Here he fights Venom evenly.

again where did I say that? Your deflection and comprehension is borderline elementary school.

He also fought Venom getting a flame sword and using a weakness that applies to Venom specifically. Once Venom recovered and his flame sword was gone he flees. Which of course is the next page you didn't post.

Blue Area Vet
Have you read the fight? I have.

Quote me where I said that. Because I can find multiple quotes in this thread where I say the OPPOSITE of that. Reading is not your strong suit is it?

I read what your would be partner said about his fighting prowess which directly contradicted your take. Your contention that Bane would win because Taskmaster would run away is one of the most asinine, pathetic, ridiculous cop outs I've even seen on this board. What, is Bane going to hand cuff him and take him to prison afterwards? embarrasment

-K-M-
I read what your would be partner said about his fighting prowess which directly contradicted your take. Your contention that Bane would win because Taskmaster would run away is one of the most asinine, pathetic, ridiculous cop outs I've even seen on this board. What, is Bane going to hand cuff him and take him to prison afterwards? embarrasment

No it doesn't, I specifically said he is a good fighter MULTIPLE TIMES!!! but tasky says he isn't and often flees from his fights. WHICH HE SAID AND WHICH HE DOES!

Where did I even say Bane wins let alone due to that? I said it's in Tasky's character to run when it gets tough. FACT. The rest is you not comprehending what people are saying.

abhilegend
I mean he really sucks.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11/113883/2549240-secret_avengers_zone003.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11/113883/2549243-secret_avengers_zone004.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11/113883/2549244-secret_avengers_zone005.jpg big grin
Yeah, he sucks. How do you know?
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
http://www.bilder-upload.eu/upload/a13465-1451069843.jpg
https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/wolverine-laura-kinney-vs-taskmaster-3.jpg
https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/wolverine-laura-kinney-vs-taskmaster-4.jpg

His guyliner is hilarious.

Blue Area Vet
again where did I say that? Your deflection and comprehension is borderline elementary school.

He also fought Venom getting a flame sword and using a weakness that applies to Venom specifically. Once Venom recovered and his flame sword was gone he flees. Which of course is the next page you didn't post.

Oh, so now you want to play dumb with scans. This pretty much sign of surrender. Don't act like you don't see Tasky slicing the shit out Venom BEFORE he decided to up the Annie and flame his sword!! There is a reason Valkyrie is yelling Venom can't beat Tasky. You didn't miss any of that, you ignored it because your argument just hit critical mass.

Bottom line, if Tasky had a showing anything like his showing against Venom, he punish Bane. And since you want to complain about him taking advantage of a weakness, best believe he's cut the venom tubes off of Bane's backside before he could perceive what happened. Peace.

Blue Area Vet
Yeah, he sucks. How do you know?

Ever heard of CIS? One is a good guy, one is a bad guy, chit like this happens all the time.

Decter
Ever heard of CIS? One is a good guy, one is a bad guy, chit like this happens all the time.

Yet you bring up Batman....

And then use the scan with venom who should have shit stomped taskmaster.....

-K-M-
Oh, so now you want to play dumb with scans. This pretty much sign of surrender. Don't act like you don't see Tasky slicing the shit out Venom BEFORE he decided to up the Annie and flame his sword!! There is a reason Valkyrie is yelling Venom can't beat Tasky. You didn't miss any of that, you ignored it because your argument just hit critical mass.

Are you on crack? Me play dumb with the scans?. You tried to pull a fast one and even said he didn't run....which he did. I did see it, and hence why I mentioned it earlier as a GOOD FEAT! Holy crap it's amazing how dumb you are. However, the defeat came with context. I even told Almighty to ADD it to his RESPECT THREAD. Yet again you're reading comprehension fails

Blue Area Vet
Yet you bring up Batman....

And then use the scan with venom who should have shit stomped taskmaster.....

Character Induced STUPIDITY

Taskmaster acting as if the new Wolverine wasn't going to deploy her claws is STUPID, especially since she had them out second ago!

Taskmaster outclassing Venom one on one is BEASTLY.

So yeah, I brought up two dissimilar situations for two different reasons.

Blue Area Vet
Are you on crack? Me play dumb with the scans?. You tried to pull a fast one and even said he didn't run....which he did. I did see it, and hence why I mentioned it earlier as a GOOD FEAT! Holy crap it's amazing how dumb you are. However, the defeat came with context. I even told Almighty to ADD it to his RESPECT THREAD. Yet again you're reading comprehension fails

Hey butt plug, Tasky BEAT THE SHIT out of Venom then talked trash about him while he was trying to recover- deal with it. The fact that I even had to post these scans is a reflection of what a lying sack you are about him not being a good fighter and also being a Taskmaster expert. You STILL won't acknowledge that Taskmaster dominated that fight from the beginning because you are scared. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first time you've seen this fight. Read the what Val said out loud then then shut up.

-K-M-
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t461496.html

"Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively. Unlike PIS, CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates."

Lulz at the irony you arguing CIS.

-K-M-
Hey butt plug, Tasky BEAT THE SHIT out of Venom then talked trash about him while he was trying to recover- deal with it. The fact that I even had to post these scans is a reflection of what a lying sack you are about him not being a good fighter and also being a Taskmaster expert. You STILL won't acknowledge that Taskmaster dominated that fight from the beginning because you are scared. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first time you've seen this fight. Read the what Val said out loud then then shut up.

Post where I said he ISN'T a good fighter? Because I can post close to 10 examples where I say he is. How dumb are you?

Won't admit???? I was the one who first mentioned it and told Almighty to ADD IT TO THE RESPECT THREAD. You tried to pull a fast one and outright lied about the context. You did. I on the other hand said right from the start it was a good feat, yet you neglected to add the context and said he didn't run...when he did.

Honestly, what level of reading and comprehension are you at? I'm generally shocked.

Blue Area Vet

"Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively. Unlike PIS, CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates."

Lulz at the irony you arguing CIS.

Ah........and you point is?? On second thought, it really isn't CIS so much as it's WIS. Taskmaster isn't stupid, yet what he did wasn't drooling stupid. So what's your take, he's always as stupid as depicted in the scenario or not? Try to be honest this time.

-K-M-
Ah........and you point is?? On second thought, it really isn't CIS so much as it's WIS. Taskmaster isn't stupid, yet what he did wasn't drooling stupid. So what's your take, he's always as stupid as depicted in the scenario or not? Try to be honest this time.

Tasky running away falls into CIS is what I have been saying from the start. Also wow honestly your comprehension is terrible. The key sentence is "Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively." I repeat...mental limitations. The rest of the post is tongue in cheek hence why he even mentioned Jar Jar Binks. What happened with X-23 is a mental lapse

Decter
Character Induced STUPIDITY

Taskmaster acting as if the new Wolverine wasn't going to deploy her claws is STUPID, especially since she had them out second ago!

Taskmaster outclassing Venom one on one is BEASTLY.

So yeah, I brought up two dissimilar situations for two different reasons.

Bane ripped someone apart who was tearing up the Bat family. Yet Batman beating bane makes since? Despite Bane being a legit meta right now? Do you not know how batman comics work? Batman will always win in the end against his rouges no matter what the circumstances. And times he loses they'll rewrite him like he had a giant boost in physical abilities and then have him win at worse odds then he was before. Batman is one of kings of PIS/CIS when it comes to fights

Venom who is stronger and faster is getting taken on by taskmaster isn't PIS to you? And taskmaster didn't do ANY damage to venom until he used he weakness. And the ONLY reason he avoided him is because he had planned it ahead of time.

Blue Area Vet
Post where I said he ISN'T a good fighter? Because I can post close to 10 examples where I say he is. How dumb are you?

Won't admit???? I was the one who first mentioned it and told Almighty to ADD IT TO THE RESPECT THREAD. You tried to pull a fast one and outright lied about the context. You did. I on the other hand said right from the start it was a good feat, yet you neglected to add the context and said he didn't run...when he did.

Honestly, what level of reading and comprehension are you at? I'm generally shocked.

This is what you said in the context of this match with Bane:

Only this is your OPINION which you stated as fact. And don't give me your crap about his quote. Your explanation of his statement doesn't make the entire statement a fact. That's what is know as a lie.

Secondly, you said this in response to me saying that Tasky tendency to flee has nothing to do with his fighting ability:

It 100% has everything to do with his abilities. He has this skills but as he makes mention many times he is not much of a fighter. That's why he predominantly trains people.

"It 100% has everything to do with his abilities. Now please don't lie because you are already busted. You are CLEARLY referencing his lack of fighting ability. That's the only way your statement makes any sense You could have said something like "He's a great fighter, but he tends to run away a lot," but that's not what you said. Again, you are saying runs because he doesn't have the ability to compete. Now I don't know what has gotten into that clear Canadian air but you have to know when you are caught. You should sleep soundly tonight with that off your chest.

AlmightyKfish
Wow this exploded since I went away.

Firstly, the X-23 thing.

I mean yeah that wasn't an amazing showing, but at the same time he was pretty much manhandling her until she crippled him due to him not knowing about her third claw. The fact is yeah, as a normal human if someone essentially rips his hand in two he's going to then have issues. But until that point he casually countered everything she did whilst lecturing her about it. So it's still a pretty good skill showing, albeit not a good one for his durability (which has never been particularly great anyway).

Still as for the whole not a fighter thing, I'd say there's a difference between the time he said 'I'm not a fighter' in Moon Knight which was just a bit weird when compared to the many times he has enjoyed fighting, and the fact he's smart about running away when the odds are not in his favour, which is a completely in character thing.

Basically, he's generally portrayed as happy and confident with fighting, BUT smart enough to run away if it's not going well. Hell his whole character is based around the fact he is supremely capable but also not an idiot supervillain who gets caught up in things.

Now the question here is can he run away from a vs fight? I would move towards no as it's an isolated incident outside of any story stuff that would make running away a sensible course of action.

The fact is it;'s a good fight and a difficult one for both. If Bane gets a hold of him it's all over for Taskmaster. On the other hand, depending on his gear Taskmaster can seriously hurt Bane before they get into h2h, and once they are in h2h distance is quick enough and deadly enough to really hurt Bane.

Either way, it's still a good fight.

Blue Area Vet
Bane ripped someone apart who was tearing up the Bat family. Yet Batman beating bane makes since? Despite Bane being a legit meta right now? Do you not know how batman comics work? Batman will always win in the end against his rouges no matter what the circumstances. And times he loses they'll rewrite him like he had a giant boost in physical abilities and then have him win at worse odds then he was before. Batman is one of kings of PIS/CIS when it comes to fights

Venom who is stronger and faster is getting taken on by taskmaster isn't PIS to you? And taskmaster didn't do ANY damage to venom until he used he weakness. And the ONLY reason he avoided him is because he had planned it ahead of time.

Excuse me? What do you mean it didn't do any "damage" to him? What evidence to you need of damage? He sliced him then stabbed him and Venom is doubled over in pain. And how do you explain Valkyrie's statement that Taskmaster was too fast for Venom and they needed to help? It's not CIS, that's the take the writer had on the two characters. And if it was, then you can't say no damage was done. Can't have it both ways. Bottom line is that it happened and it's a very good showing for Tasky against an opponent two tier above him.

-K-M-
This is what you said in the context of this match with Bane:

Only this is your OPINION which you stated as fact. And don't give me your crap about his quote. Your explanation of his statement doesn't make the entire statement a fact. That's what is know as a lie.

Secondly, you said this in response to me saying that Tasky tendency to flee has nothing to do with his fighting ability:

It 100% has everything to do with his abilities. He has this skills but as he makes mention many times he is not much of a fighter. That's why he predominantly trains people.

"It 100% has everything to do with his abilities. Now please don't lie because you are already busted. You are CLEARLY referencing his lack of fighting ability. That's the only way your statement makes any sense You could have said something like "He's a great fighter, but he tends to run away a lot," but that's not what you said. Again, you are saying runs because he doesn't have the ability to compete. Now I don't know what has gotten into that clear Canadian air but you have to know when you are caught. You should sleep soundly tonight with that off your chest.

Incorect that's what HE SAID even posted the scan. Hell I repeated that multiple times now yet you cant grasp it. Also why don't you post my entire quote?

and why did I say that again? oh your post which you said "It takes a Cap/BP/Ironfist level fighter to counter Tasky's photo reflexes" which isn't true.

I even posted the rules of the board. Him fleeing is applied to CIS. CIS applies to his abilities as in MENTAL ABILITIES AS IN MENTAL LIMINTATIONS. Also why don't you post the quotes where I say HE IS A GOOD FIGHTER??? I repeat it not once but multiple times yet you seem to think the opposite of what is stated. Hence your reading and comprehension is terrible. God youre dumb

AlmightyKfish
Also if the argument is Taskmaster might not be able to hurt Bane and the Venom showing isn't good enough, he's literally thrown around and hurt Iron Man with his shield hits before. And has killed multiple Asgardians and been able to fight/block hits from Hogun and Fandral.

And I guess that very weird panel in Avengers Initiative Siege arc where he seemed to hurt Thor with a shield hit. But that was super weird,

Decter
Excuse me? What do you mean it didn't do any "damage" to him? What evidence to you need of damage? He sliced him then stabbed him and Venom is doubled over in pain. And how do you explain Valkyrie's statement that Taskmaster was too fast for Venom and they needed to help? It's not CIS, that's the take the writer had on the two characters. And if it was, then you can't say no damage was done. Can't have it both ways. Bottom line is that it happened and it's a very good showing for Tasky against an opponent two tier above him.

He didn't do any damage until he used venoms weakness against him. Uh, spiderman was once stated the only be outmatched in strength by Thing, Hulk and Thor. Sentry and Odin were stated omnipotent. ****ing Nate grey and Sentry apprently fought Galactus. How do you explain that shit?

Take out the writer and venom would have blitzed and sodomized Taskmaster.

Also learn how to read. I said he didn't do any damage until he used venoms weakness

Blue Area Vet

Firstly, the X-23 thing.

I mean yeah that wasn't an amazing showing, but at the same time he was pretty much manhandling her until she crippled him due to him not knowing about her third claw. The fact is yeah, as a normal human if someone essentially rips his hand in two he's going to then have issues. But until that point he casually countered everything she did whilst lecturing her about it. So it's still a pretty good skill showing, albeit not a good one for his durability (which has never been particularly great anyway).

Still as for the whole not a fighter thing, I'd say there's a difference between the time he said 'I'm not a fighter' in Moon Knight which was just a bit weird when compared to the many times he has enjoyed fighting, and the fact he's smart about running away when the odds are not in his favour, which is a completely in character thing.

Basically, he's generally portrayed as happy and confident with fighting, BUT smart enough to run away if it's not going well. Hell his whole character is based around the fact he is supremely capable but also not an idiot supervillain who gets caught up in things.

Now the question here is can he run away from a vs fight? I would move towards no as it's an isolated incident outside of any story stuff that would make running away a sensible course of action.

The fact is it;'s a good fight and a difficult one for both. If Bane gets a hold of him it's all over for Taskmaster. On the other hand, depending on his gear Taskmaster can seriously hurt Bane before they get into h2h, and once they are in h2h distance is quick enough and deadly enough to really hurt Bane.

I thought it was a third claw!! I just wasn't sure because after that, she still only deployed the two outer claws. NOW the scene makes a tons of sense. I guess Abby didn't know what the hell he was going on before he trolled over here to throw grease on the fire, but that's pretty typical. And thanks for pointing out that up until the unexpected third claw appeared, he was owning her and telling her about it!!

Anyway, read the thread because your buddy here seems to be misrepresenting your stances on several things, carefully cutting and pasting the excerpts that he thinks are useful to him. Ask far as you take on the fight, I completely agree, but I think it's very unlikely that Bane gets a hold of him. It's like saying Bane would easily get a hold of Spiderman. I think what K M is either forgetting or ignoring is that the fights are full potential within character. Well he's got them both wrong because he doesn't seem to envision Tasky fighting at full potential in which he's a beast and he is misrepresenting his character in terms of his motivation for running, which is too avoid JAIL. In forum fights, no one is going to jail and Tasky isn't running.

-K-M-

UUUUUH THAT'S WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING

Also no I NEVER said Bane would win due to Tasky fleeing but more akin to his mental fortitude or it got to tough so he fled. More to the fact that falls into CIS and it's in his character to not like hard fights.

Blue just has piss poor reading comprehension

-K-M-
Anyway, read the thread because your buddy here seems to be misrepresenting your stances on several things, carefully cutting and pasting the excerpts that he thinks are useful to him. Ask far as you take on the fight, I completely agree, but I think it's very unlikely that Bane gets a hold of him. It's like saying Bane would easily get a hold of Spiderman. I think what K M is either forgetting or ignoring is that the fights are full potential within character. Well he's got them both wrong because he doesn't seem to envision Tasky fighting at full potential in which he's a beast and he is misrepresenting his character in terms of his motivation for running, which is too avoid JAIL. In forum fights, no one is going to jail and Tasky isn't running.

He literally just repeated what I have been saying from the start. Again your reading comprehension is terrible

Blue Area Vet
He didn't do any damage until he used venoms weakness against him. Uh, spiderman was once stated the only be outmatched in strength by Thing, Hulk and Thor. Sentry and Odin were stated omnipotent. ****ing Nate grey and Sentry apprently fought Galactus. How do you explain that shit?

Take out the writer and venom would have blitzed and sodomized Taskmaster.

Also learn how to read. I said he didn't do any damage until he used venoms weakness

I know what you wrote and I know that you are wrong. He was damaged. You see, a sword has a sharp edge and when struck with force, that sharp edge cuts. He was CUTTING Venom and Venom was feeling PAIN. Pain due to cutting = damage. Please don't make this desperate argument.

Oh, and for the second time, how do you explain Val's statement? Don't avoid the question this time, the spotlight is on.

Blue Area Vet
UUUUUH THAT'S WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING

Also no I NEVER said Bane would win due to Tasky fleeing but more akin to his mental fortitude or it got to tough so he fled. More to the fact that falls into CIS and it's in his character to not like hard fights.

Blue just has piss poor reading comprehension

Ha, you are lying again, slick!! I can't quote you all day long:

As per the rules it would make the fight forfeited and would be classified as a lose

You are saying he typically runs from "tough" fights and then you follow up by saying that should he run, it counts as a loss- but you aren't saying he loses because of running? laughing out loud
Dude, I already got in my one Canada joke and I won't do another, but DAMN you aren't the sharpest knife in the draw!

Decter
I know what you wrote and I know that you are wrong. He was damaged. You see, a sword has a sharp edge and when struck with force, that sharp edge cuts. He was CUTTING Venom and Venom was feeling PAIN. Pain due to cutting = damage. Please don't make this desperate argument.

Oh, and for the second time, how do you explain Val's statement? Don't avoid the question this time, the spotlight is on.

A teen boy would say something like ouch to if he was stung by a wasp. Pain? Yes. Any major damage that would even weaken him in the least? No. Venom was still standing there taking every hit until his weakness came into play. That's like saying since spiderman kicked Thanos in the face he did damage.

I like how you say for me not ignore the statement yet you ignored my examples of statements being untrustworthy. Also, I like how this one statement you keep mentioning has to be taken into account yet you COMPLETELY disregarded and ignored tasky's own statement that he isn't much of a fighter. Strange how that works right? I bet you think superman can really lift infinity no expression

Also If that statement was true then why was Tasky worried, and why did he run away before venom got back up?

Blue Area Vet
He literally just repeated what I have been saying from the start. Again your reading comprehension is terrible

Um, no he didn't. First of all, your main two points, A that he runs from "tough fights" and B he is likely to run because he runs most of the time and this counts as CIS were not echoed by him. He's showed more respect for the characters skills and gave a far more balanced analysis of how a fight between them might go. He was consistent, he didn't contradict himself, he didn't mix arguments, he didn't lie, he didn't backtrack. He also pointed out that the statement appeared to be inconsistent with his portrayal as a willing, confident fighter and placed a greater emphasis on showings rather than statements.

PS- Sorry, you didn't say shit about "mental fortitude" the first time around! Nice try.

Blue Area Vet
A teen boy would say something like ouch to if he was stung by a wasp. Pain? Yes. Any major damage that would even weaken him in the least? No. Venom was still standing there taking every hit until his weakness came into play. That's like saying since spiderman kicked Thanos in the face he did damage.

Oh, and by the way, you apparently don't know the difference between being

I like how you say for me not ignore the statement yet you ignored my examples of statements being untrustworthy. Also, I like how this one statement you keep mentioning has to be taken into account yet you COMPLETELY disregarded and ignored tasky's own statement that he isn't much of a fighter. Strange how that works right? I bet you think superman can really lift infinity no expression

Also If that statement was true then why was Tasky worried, and why did he run away before venom got back up?

laughing

But I didn't ignore his statement, I spoke to it several times. Why lie? I'm not going to quote myself, it's your job to follow the conversation. But you did of course ignore Val's statement for the third time!! To scare, huh? Don't ask me anything else until you find the courage to address the statement, kay? Oh, and by the way, getting slashed and stabbed with a sword is not the same as getting "hit."

-K-M-
Ha, you are lying again, slick!! I can't quote you all day long:

You are saying he typically runs from "tough" fights and then you follow up by saying that should he run, it counts as a loss- but you aren't saying he loses because of running? laughing out loud
Dude, I already got in my one Canada joke and I won't do another, but DAMN you aren't the sharpest knife in the draw!

God your dumb and why did I say that? Oh because you said if you flee that makes a fight inconclusive....FALSE

Your quote...

My response....

If someone flees from a fight on their own free will that's not inconclusive that's a lose. Now show me where I said that's where it will happen here in this fight. Honestly you really need to learn how to read and understand words a lot better.

FROM THE RULES

"Leaving the field
Combatants who leave the field of combat on purpose forfeit the match. If they are removed from the arena against their will (being punched, thrown, teleported, etc.) and can make it back under their own power in a reasonable amount of time, then they are still in the fight. Obviously, if a combatant leaves the field and cannot return under their own power, then they have lost."

He does run from tough fights, which has been agreed by people here except you

-K-M-
Um, no he didn't. First of all, you main two points, A that he runs from "tough fights" and B he is likely to run because he runs most of the time and this counts as CIS were not echoed by him. He's showed more respect for the characters skills and gave a far more balanced analysis of how a fight between them might go. He was consistent, he didn't contradict himself, he didn't mix arguments, he didn't lie, he didn't backtrack. He also pointed out that the statement appeared to be inconsistent with his portrayal as a willing, confident fighter and placed a greater emphasis on showings rather than statements.

" and the fact he's smart about running away when the odds are not in his favour, which is a completely in character thing."

The rest of your post is your comprehension fails.

Decter
laughing

But I didn't ignore his statement, I spoke to it several times. Why lie? I'm not going to quote myself, it's your job to follow the conversation. But you did of course ignore Val's statement for the third time!! To scare, huh? Don't ask me anything else until you find the courage to address the statement, kay? Oh, and by the way, getting slashed and stabbed with a sword is not the same as getting "hit."

Man KM is right. You are dumb. You repeatedly tried getting around that and then tried to disregard it by using the "only written one time by one writer" shit. Same thing that goes with this. Look at that, you again ignore the many points I've already made that statements are unreliable as ****. Yet what actual damage did he even do to Venom? Like I said a teen boy would say ouch to if he got stung by a wasp.

The irony is real. I give points that statements are BS most of the time and you still ignore that. Also if that was true then why was Tasky worried and why did he flee before venom got up? Because when Spidey got serious with him one time all it took was one punch to make tasky run away. Tasky can't beat a serious spidey yet sombody who is more physically dominant can't do the same?

Like I said it's like the Bane and Superman showings. Fighting characters out of their tiers gets people no where in a debate

Also no. The ball is in your court. I countered that statement with the fact that Tasky did not want to fight Venom when he got up and then I mentioned several other statements that are completely BS.

Blue Area Vet
" and the fact he's smart about running away when the odds are not in his favour, which is a completely in character thing."

The rest of your post is your comprehension fails.

You are the one falling all over yourself trying to save face. So now it's about his lack of mental fortitude- did you really just try to shoehorn that one in? laughing out loud You are busted and thoroughly disgusted. By the way, I think that the odds not being in Tasky's favor would including times when he might be placed in custody, in fact I know it because HE F*CKING SAID IT.

-K-M-
No, but again goes back to your reading comprehension. Mental abilities are abilities, mental fortitude falls under CIS, CIS as per the rules is viable and applied. All of which I have said since the start and have been following the rules, on-panel statements and instances of him fleeing. Now We even have the person who you just touted as being fair and unbiased and I quote...

and the fact he's smart about running away when the odds are not in his favour, which is a completely in character thing.

So in short...you're reading comprehension is terrible.

Blue Area Vet
No, but again goes back to your reading comprehension. Mental abilities are abilities, mental fortitude falls under CIS, CIS as per the rules is viable and applied. All of which I have said since the start and have been following the rules, on-panel statements and instances of him fleeing. Now We even have the person who you just touted as being fair and unbiased and I quote...

Except you didn't mention anything about his mental fortitude, you were clearly talking about him losing the forum fight because he would run and a run counts as a loss. There is no other reason why you would have pointed that out. You can't run from me, son and you can't get me off point or distract me with nonsense so stop trying. And really, quoting other poster when they are here to speak for themselves is trollish. You are just mad he didn't align with/save you. Again, he has much more respect for the character then you've shown as well as a lot more honesty. Now are you going to insist that Taskmaster runs because he can't match skills with certain opponents or because he doesn't want to get caught as supported by comics? You can choose the truth this time.

Blue Area Vet
Man KM is right. You are dumb. You repeatedly tried getting around that and then tried to disregard it by using the "only written one time by one writer" shit. Same thing that goes with this. Look at that, you again ignore the many points I've already made that statements are unreliable as ****. Yet what actual damage did he even do to Venom? Like I said a teen boy would say ouch to if he got stung by a wasp.

The irony is real. I give points that statements are BS most of the time and you still ignore that. Also if that was true then why was Tasky worried and why did he flee before venom got up? Because when Spidey got serious with him one time all it took was one punch to make tasky run away. Tasky can't beat a serious spidey yet sombody who is more physically dominant can't do the same?

Like I said it's like the Bane and Superman showings. Fighting characters out of their tiers gets people no where in a debate

Also no. The ball is in your court. I countered that statement with the fact that Tasky did not want to fight Venom when he got up and then I mentioned several other statements that are completely BS.

Yawn....still a coward I see. Call back when you get the balls to address Val's statement. And Spiderman would beat the living shit out of Bane you D.C. dik riding imbecile.

Wait, you are the doofus that made the Red Hood/Winter Soldier threat. Nevermind, I didn't know you were a complete retard. Go eat your graham crackers in peace.

Decter
Yawn....still a coward I see. Call back when you get the balls to address Val's statement. And Spiderman would beat the living shit out of Bane you D.C. dik riding imbecile.

You know someone is desperate when they ****ing refuse to give a decent post. I adressed it based on the fact that tasky didn't want to fight Venom (for good reasons) and that fact that statements have been inconsistent. Also apprently you're a bigger idiot than I thought. I never said Bane would win against Spiderman, nor have I even mentioned Bane being far above Tasky. My point was that Tasky already knows what happens when someone on spidermans levels get serious. The honest fact is that you have a hate boner for DC and continually wank marvel against DC. That's a legitment fact about you.

Adress my counters or don't keep commenting at all. I've seen better retaliations from a ****ing facebook debater.

-K-M-
Except you didn't mention anything about his mental fortitude, you were clearly talking about him losing the forum fight because he would run and a run counts as a loss. There is no other reason why you would have pointed that out. You can't run from me, son and you can't get me off point or distract me with nonsense so stop trying. And really, quoting other poster when they are here to speak for themselves is trollish. You are just mad he didn't align with/save you. Again, he has much more respect for the character then you've shown as well as a lot more honesty. Now are you going to insist that Taskmaster runs because he can't match skills with certain opponents or because he doesn't want to get caught as supported by comics? You can choose the truth this time.

No I didn't but then again your reading comprehension has been on display. Oh did I know? If you actually read my posts you would notice I never said who wins in this fight. Not once....Literally not once. Yet again you fail to understand that. The reason I pointed it out is because it's part of the rules. Literally I posted the rules for CIS and leaving a battle field which is in character and shown in his appearances. The rest is you trying to prove you're not an idiot but just making it worse. I reference examples of him fleeing when it got tough, list good feats for tasky and say he is a good fighter multiple times yet you keep saying I never said that, I say his fight with venom was a good showing then you say I refuse to admit it's a good showing, you even tried to post a fight saying he didn't run and left out the page where he did run, even posted a scan of tasky admitting he isn't much of a fighter and other board members confirming what I have been saying. Yet you choose to continue with your misguided agenda ignore what is written, ignore quotes and comic instances .

I'm done. Will not be replying after this

Blue Area Vet
You know someone is desperate when they ****ing refuse to give a decent post. I adressed it based on the fact that tasky didn't want to fight Venom (for good reasons) and that fact that statements have been inconsistent. Also apprently you're a bigger idiot than I thought. I never said Bane would win against Spiderman, nor have I even mentioned Bane being far above Tasky. My point was that Tasky already knows what happens when someone on spidermans levels get serious. The honest fact is that you have a hate boner for DC and continually wank marvel against DC. That's a legitment fact about you.

Adress my counters or don't keep commenting at all. I've seen better retaliations from a ****ing facebook debater.

There is no debate because you are too pussy to address Val's statement. Until then.....

Decter
There is no debate because you are too pussy to address Val's statement. Until then.....

>I've addressed it on two seperate points
>refuses to give a decent counter
>I give facts about how inconsistent statements are and how Tasky was worried and quickly left the fight before venom got back up

Are you seriously mentally ill?

Blue Area Vet
No I didn't but then again your reading comprehension has been on display. Oh did I know? If you actually read my posts you would notice I never said who wins in this fight. Not once....Literally not once. Yet again you fail to understand that. The reason I pointed it out is because it's part of the rules. Literally I posted the rules for CIS and leaving a battle field which is in character and shown in his appearances. The rest is you trying to prove you're not an idiot but just making it worse. I reference examples of him fleeing when it got tough, list good feats for tasky and say he is a good fighter multiple times yet you keep saying I never said that, I say his fight with venom was a good showing then you say I refuse to admit it's a good showing, you even tried to post a fight saying he didn't run and left out the page where he did run, even posted a scan of tasky admitting he isn't much of a fighter and other board members confirming what I have been saying. Yet you choose to continue with your misguided agenda ignore what is written, ignore quotes and comic instances .

I'm done. Will not be replying

You tied him saying he isn't much of a fighter to fleeing and then tied fleeing to a forfeiture per the forum rules. That's exactly what you did. All that bullshit about his mental fortitude didn't appear until way after the fact. Furthermore, you tried to interpret another posters statement about fleeing being in character to Taskmaster "not being much of a fighter", only that was YOUR take, not his. He never adopted your stance that he flees BECAUSE he isn't much of a fighter and taskmaster never stated that either. You made your opinion out to be more than it is. The fact of the matter is that Taskmaster doesn't want to go to jail which for some reason appears to be a strange concept to you. Are you typing from jail right now?

Blue Area Vet
>I've addressed it on two seperate points
>refuses to give a decent counter
>I give facts about how inconsistent statements are and how Tasky was worried and quickly left the fight before venom got back up

Are you seriously mentally ill?

Nope, you haven't addressed why Val said they needed to help Venom because he couldn't beat Taskmaster. Do that and it will be your first. Until then, you are a virgin to this question.

Blue Area Vet
He can't match Taskmaster's speed....we have to help him, Hawkeye.

Decter
Nope, you haven't addressed why Val said they needed to help Venom because he couldn't beat Taskmaster. Do that and it will be your first. Until then, you are a virgin to this question.

I never said they didn't say it I'm saying statements should be taken like a grain of salt. Also that entire fight is also BS. Taskys max speed is only twice that of a bullet. And they even said venom couldn't handle his speed. So is venom slower than mach 2 now? Is someone like deathstroke faster than venom as well? Is any bullet timer to much speed for venom to handle now?

The entire fight like I said before was PIS/CIS and the fact that Tasky got worried and ****ing left before Venom got serious is another fact. If venom needed help then why was Tasky worried and even said "to the death" himself. But Tasky knew he would be dead if he stuck to those rules

Now address the context and facts I just gave you.

Blue Area Vet
I never said they didn't say it I'm saying statements should be taken like a grain of salt. Also that entire fight is also BS. Taskys max speed is only twice that of a bullet. And they even said venom couldn't handle his speed. So is venom slower than mach 2 now? Is someone like deathstroke faster than venom as well? Is any bullet timer to much speed for venom to handle now?

The entire fight like I said before was PIS/CIS and the fact that Tasky got worried and ****ing left before Venom got serious is another fact. If venom needed help then why was Tasky worried and even said "to the death" himself. But Tasky knew he would be dead if he stuck to those rules

Now address the context and facts I just gave you.

Oh, okay. So basically, after falsely accusing me of not addressing Taskmaster's statement, you turn around and hypocritically discount Val's statement after I had to beg you five times to address it. Sorry, but CIS doesn't cut it. Taskmaster clear explains that he was mimicking Spiderman and doing so was the perfect counter for Venom. Now, you may not LIKE it or agree with it, but that was the author's take and that's what the hell happened. Your nonsense that Taskmaster wasn't damaging Venom is also bullshit and you know it. He was cutting him and he wasn't reacting like it was a bee sting, he was acting like he was being cut. Again, sorry you don't like it. Taskmaster fighting like this has more than a 50/50 chance against the less skilled, slower Bane. Thanks for playing.

Zack M
He can't match Taskmaster's speed....we have to help him, Hawkeye.

He can.

DarkSaint85
Why did Tasky become a villain in the first place? Seeing as he fears jail so much.

Because being a hero was too difficult.

Why did he become a trainer?

Because being a villain was too dangerous.

Doesn't strike me as the Punisher type of balls to the wall, the chips are down, dig deep kinda guy.

abhilegend
Sounds like bullshit to me.

But then you are the expert on spouting inane things.

DarkSaint85
I thought I would pull up a guy Taskmaster fought, who wasn't a good guy, and where there was no fear of jail.

Note, whilst it's debatable who'd beat whom in a fight, Taskmaster didn't even try that hard. He was punched once, fired some arrows.....then tried to flee, lol.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/149056/3507754-mr.+x+tasky+2.jpg

Supermutant
Bane without venom defeated Red Hood who had help from Red Robin. I think Red Hood compares favorably to Taskmaster.

http://s6d4.turboimg.net/t/28545791_img_9268.png http://s6d4.turboimg.net/t/28545792_img_9267.png http://s6d4.turboimg.net/t/28545793_img_9265.png http://s6d4.turboimg.net/t/28545794_img_9266.png

deathslash
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Deadpool vs the Punisher #4

https://s6d1.turboimg.net/t/34944049_Deadpool_vs._The_Punisher_2017-_004-011.jpg https://s6d1.turboimg.net/t/34944050_Deadpool_vs._The_Punisher_2017-_004-012.jpg https://s6d1.turboimg.net/t/34944051_Deadpool_vs._The_Punisher_2017-_004-013.jpg https://s6d1.turboimg.net/t/34944052_Deadpool_vs._The_Punisher_2017-_004-014.jpg https://s6d1.turboimg.net/t/34944053_Deadpool_vs._The_Punisher_2017-_004-015.jpg https://s6d1.turboimg.net/t/34944054_Deadpool_vs._The_Punisher_2017-_004-016.jpg https://s6d1.turboimg.net/t/34944055_Deadpool_vs._The_Punisher_2017-_004-017.jpg https://s6d1.turboimg.net/t/34944056_Deadpool_vs._The_Punisher_2017-_004-018.jpg https://s6d1.turboimg.net/t/34944057_Deadpool_vs._The_Punisher_2017-_004-019.jpg https://s6d1.turboimg.net/t/34944058_Deadpool_vs._The_Punisher_2017-_004-020.jpg Note how he was owning both of them on their own and still did well when they teamed up.

abhilegend
That only shows both Deadpool and Punisher are B level MAs.

Supermutant
Note how he was owning both of them on their own and still did well when they teamed up.

Here's a little more:

http://imgur.com/gallery/Zqr3F

Tasky will need a lot more like this to get on Bane's level. Deadpool himself has beaten Tasky multiple times and even one-shotted him.

deathslash
Originally posted by Supermutant
Here's a little more:

http://imgur.com/gallery/Zqr3F

Tasky will need a lot more like this to get on Bane's level. Deadpool himself has beaten Tasky multiple times and even one-shotted him. He also beat on x-23 pretty well. We also both know that he has the styles of most of the best martial artists around, has evenly fought daredevil, fought spider-man, an trained crossbones (who himself is a match for captain America).

Supermutant
He also beat on x-23 pretty well.

Until she popped a foot claw and exposed his below average durability. That doesn't bode well for Tasky when Bane is capable of punching faces off, ripping off arms, and breaking necks & spines.

We also both know that he has the styles of most of the best martial artists around, has evenly fought daredevil, fought spider-man, an trained crossbones (who himself is a match for captain America).

Daredevil looked better in both short encounters, using the environment to his advantage. A lot of mmaers have given Spider-Man trouble especially early on in Peter's career. Cap beat Crossbones w/o the SSS, and Cap's sidekicks Bucky and Cap Falcon have repeatedly beat/owned Rumslow.

We also both know that he has been one shotted by Black Panther pre KOD, treated like fodder against Elektra in a rematch, easily owned by Mr. X in a cage fight, and nearly scared to death while begging for his life by Moonknight threatening to carve his face off.

DarkSaint85
Skills are one thing.

But Tasky doesn't really have high end strength or durability. He has some speed, but unless he drops Bane in the first barrage of hits, he's more likely to injure himself.

Bane has this. He has the strength and durability, not to mention some skill and speed of his own.

On top of his durability, he also has quite a high level of damage soak.

cdtm
Even Bane should be vulnerable to pressure point attacks (Even Cage isn't immune to them, and he's far more durable then Bane.)

Hasn't Batman taken a venom'd up Bane by this point?

DarkSaint85
There's the pre 52 showing of an UN venomed Bane tanking pressure point attacks...

cdtm
Vs venom'd Azrael?

Supermutant
Originally posted by cdtm
Even Bane should be vulnerable to pressure point attacks (Even Cage isn't immune to them, and he's far more durable then Bane.)

Jean Valley Azrael has enhanced strength and stats, plus armor. He punches Bane in the stomach wearing gauntlets and states he's only doing minimal damage. Bane is also not on venom and Pre-52.

http://i.imgur.com/pLxsbme.jpg

Bane cannot hit Nightshade in her shadow form. But she tries to take him out with a series of punches and a pressure point attack to his throat. Bane still will not fall, so she eventually has to ask Count Vertigo for help. Again pre-52 Bane not on venom.

http://imgur.com/gyGzoRc.jpg
http://imgur.com/Z5a7EDX.jpg

Originally posted by cdtm
Hasn't Batman taken a venom'd up Bane by this point?

yes by plot device or plot armor, neither of which Taskmaster has in a forum fight

DarkSaint85
Using Batman as an ABC guide never works; I wouldn't recommend it.

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Using Batman as an ABC guide never works; I wouldn't recommend it.

What about Shiva? When that thread happened, the concensis was she beats Bane (With venom, no less..)

DarkSaint85
Oh sorry, I meant that BEATING Batman is pretty much the pinnacle of streets in DC.

Losing to him, however, or failing to KO him, or him doing well against XYZ, shouldn't be used as a low showing.

deathslash
Until she popped a foot claw and exposed his below average durability. That doesn't bode well for Tasky when Bane is capable of punching faces off, ripping off arms, and breaking necks & spines.

Daredevil looked better in both short encounters, using the environment to his advantage. A lot of mmaers have given Spider-Man trouble especially early on in Peter's career. Cap beat Crossbones w/o the SSS, and Cap's sidekicks Bucky and Cap Falcon have repeatedly beat/owned Rumslow.

We also both know that he has been one shotted by Black Panther pre KOD, treated like fodder against Elektra in a rematch, easily owned by Mr. X in a cage fight, and nearly scared to death while begging for his life by Moonknight threatening to carve his face off. below average durability? You are aware that her claws are adamantium right? He's also killed Asgardians, you know, those guys that can rip people's heads off and are born and raised as warrior.

Good thing there's no environment for bane to use here then. Cap also got his shit pushed in when he fought rumlow during the Thunderbolts run. You mean the guy that's a clear cut super soldier with a bionic arm that can punch a man's head off and the guy that's a low meta with the ability to fly and also had caps shield at the time?

We both know that killer croc has given bane a serious run for his money almost every time that they've fought.
That only shows both Deadpool and Punisher are B level MAs.
This shit again? The lengths some people go to discredit feats are just laughable.

StiltmanFTW
Bane cannot hit Nightshade in her shadow form. But she tries to take him out with a series of punches and a pressure point attack to his throat. Bane still will not fall, so she eventually has to ask Count Vertigo for help. Again pre-52 Bane not on venom.

http://imgur.com/gyGzoRc.jpg
http://imgur.com/Z5a7EDX.jpg

I can't recall you posting those scans before.

F*cking badass thumb up

Supermutant
below average durability? You are aware that her claws are adamantium right?

You are aware that Masters doesn't have enhanced durability or healing. One stab in his hand and he was finished. Bane has taken multiple bullets shots to his upper body w/out reacting to it, and barely acknowledging it while continuing to break limbs.

Two kicks by Elektra left him unconscious with a bloody nose.

https://s6d6.turboimg.net/t1/34361894_elektravstasky.jpg https://s6d6.turboimg.net/t1/34361896_elektravstasky2.jpg

The narration even states, "The Task-Master passes out. Just another beat- up super-villain."

One kick against Black Panther and he isn't seen again in the comic.

https://s6d6.turboimg.net/t1/34362153_bpvstasky1shot.jpg

Meanwhile Bane has killed people with healing factors like Talon Calvin Rose and one shotted an Amazon meta in Grace Choi who has high durability.

He's also killed Asgardians, you know, those guys that can rip people's heads off and are born and raised as warrior.

Tasky does have some impressive showings like most characters, but the Asgardians he killed were featless and nameless. Doing that arc a lot of the Asgardians were jobbing hard to everyone.

Good thing there's no environment for bane to use here then. Cap also got his shit pushed in when he fought rumlow during the Thunderbolts run. You mean the guy that's a clear cut super soldier with a bionic arm that can punch a man's head off and the guy that's a low meta with the ability to fly and also had caps shield at the time?

lol like Bane needs an environment when he has defeated Azrael with just his bare hands against JPV's gear and flaming swords. Brock was amped doing that fight against Cap shooting fireballs from his mouth and Cap was still beating him down until he was surprised by Brock's new ability. When did Falcon become a low meta? lol I thought his stats were just peak human. Point is Winter Solider and Falcon are both below Cap, but both have cleanly beaten Brock.

We both know that killer croc has given bane a serious run for his money almost every time that they've fought.

Sigh I already showed why this was false in those other threads. Beating down Croc and leaving him a bloody mess was Bane's first major win against a name opponent. You are simply bringing up his past glory with only one defeat b/c of being poison/under the influence of Poison Ivy.

StiltmanFTW
"Below average durability" - can't agree with that, as his costume grants his some good protection, as seen in DR/Siege.

darthgoober
"Below average durability" - can't agree with that, as his costume grants his some good protection, as seen in DR/Siege.
Not to mention a pretty durable shield...

abhilegend
below average durability? You are aware that her claws are adamantium right? He's also killed Asgardians, you know, those guys that can rip people's heads off and are born and raised as warrior.

Deadpool and Punisher are rank amateurs MA. Even in the very same scene Taskmaster ran the dog over Deadpool by using Punisher's skills and called him inferior to Frank in skills.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by darthgoober
Not to mention a pretty durable shield...

Shield is weird.

One time it's not even bulletproof (just bullet resistant), the other time it busts Thor's lip and no-sells a blow from Hogun's train-wrecking mace...

Piercing and blunt types of dmg again, lol. Comics.

darthgoober
Shield is weird.

One time it's not even bulletproof (just bullet resistant), the other time it busts Thor's lip and no-sells a blow from Hogun's train-wrecking mace...

Piercing and blunt types of dmg again, lol. Comics.
Well it's not necessarily the same shield either. He's prob had steel one's, adamantium ones, ect. His gear does tend to vary somewhat afterall.

Zack M
Bane. Too durable, too strong, and too fast.

RadZoa
Taskmaster would most likely run away rather than face BANE.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.