Mind probe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
Kylo Ren has the ability to probe someone's mind with the Force. How does he know a power that Darth Vader didn't know? He needed a droid to probe Leia's mind.

DarthAnt66
Vader used the technique during his fight with Skywalker in ROTJ.

ares834
Simple. Kylo knows some abilities that Vader doesn't. Considering he isn't a Sith and is from some other dark side line it isn't surprising he could do things the Sith couldn't.

Or Leia is capable of blocking such things which was actually mentioned in one of the earlier scripts.

ares834
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Vader used the technique during his fight with Skywalker in ROTJ.

Kylo was able to dig around for info while Vader read his surface thoughts. "You're thoughts betray you."

Vader could be capable of it though. Hard to say.

FreshestSlice
Vader was able to figure out who Leia was, but couldn't read minds? I guess you could pretend he didn't and was just bullshitting, but I doubt it. Besides, Rey had zero training and was able to do it. It's more likely that Lucas didn't have the concept of the Force down at that point, and Disney doesn't care.

ares834
As I said, Vader read his surface thoughts. We haven't seen him actually probe minds for specific information even if it would prove useful.

Not saying he can't do it, but it's not confirmed either way.

FreshestSlice
Who said those we're only his surface thoughts? Besides you, I mean. Thoughts go beyond what's just on the surface, and Vader slowly questioning him would only western any defenses he put up allowing him to prove deeper. And again, Retired
Rey's done it with zero training from Snoke.

ares834
Vader says it. "You're thoughts betray you."

And Rey could do a lot of shit without training. Honestly though, just seems she reversed it on him via the connection he made.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by ares834
Vader says it. "You're thoughts betray you."

Doesn't really address my question. Not seeing the word surface there.

Nothing she does without training is ask that impressive aside from this. Even in her duel with Kylo, the novel makes it clear she's using rage because she thought Finn was dead, she was still losing, even with Ren holding back.

ares834
Sure it does. He is sensing his thoughts not digging into his mind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.