Could Dooku have beaten Anakin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
If he wasn't holding back; why or why not? no expression

FreshestSlice
No, because he wasn't holding back. Like seriously, read the book.

quanchi112
No, Anakin stomped him.

Kurk
Originally posted by quanchi112
No, Anakin stomped him.
Rey stomped Ren too big grin

and Maul got stomped by Sidious laughing

Maybe Dooku got stomped. But not as badly as these two laughing out loud

FreshestSlice
Dooku got stomped worse and died.

Kurk
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Dooku got stomped worse and died. See but Dooku actually handled him quite well up until he pissed Anakin off smile

Trocity
Good thread.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kurk
Rey stomped Ren too big grin

and Maul got stomped by Sidious laughing

Maybe Dooku got stomped. But not as badly as these two laughing out loud

Ren's training isn't complete.

Sidious was above Maul at that point but I'm of the opinion he can get better.

False.

quanchi112
See but Dooku actually handled him quite well up until he pissed Anakin off smile Nah.

Kurk
According to the novel, Sidious had told Dooku to hold back, because he wanted to use Anakin to murder Obi-Wan. (Which also partly explains Dooku's shocked face when Sidious tells Anakin to kill Dooku. While he might have expected a Sith master to stand back and let the strongest man win, he would not have expected his master to change the plan on him in that way.)

Also, Sidious was there and he was watching. He was also quite capable of using the Force in whatever small ways he wanted to if it would influence the outcome by either helping Anakin or by hindering Dooku.

Also stated in the book, Dooku's pride got in his way. Anakin and Obi Wan's opening stances were from different "styles" than they proceeded to fight in. Dooku was put on an unbalanced defensive by preparing for their fighting style based on these opening stances, and then not fighting as he expected them to.
smile

DarthAnt66
I'd just like to establish that, while I don't think I ever clarified in the past, I don't like you. ^

Kurk
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I'd just like to establish that, while I don't think I ever clarified in the past, I don't like you. ^
http://45.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwvwdfvRRC1qfbxz9o1_500.gif

TheNuisanceBird

Ooooooooohhhhhh. I'd stop right now Kurk.

DarthAnt66
Despite rarely ever talking to Nuisance, I can't help but feel he nurses himself to sleep every night muttering my name.

quanchi112
According to the novel, Sidious had told Dooku to hold back, because he wanted to use Anakin to murder Obi-Wan. (Which also partly explains Dooku's shocked face when Sidious tells Anakin to kill Dooku. While he might have expected a Sith master to stand back and let the strongest man win, he would not have expected his master to change the plan on him in that way.)

Also, Sidious was there and he was watching. He was also quite capable of using the Force in whatever small ways he wanted to if it would influence the outcome by either helping Anakin or by hindering Dooku.

Also stated in the book, Dooku's pride got in his way. Anakin and Obi Wan's opening stances were from different "styles" than they proceeded to fight in. Dooku was put on an unbalanced defensive by preparing for their fighting style based on these opening stances, and then not fighting as he expected them to.
smile Anakin destroys.

FreshestSlice

smile
Half that shit can't be canon with TCW existing.

Galan007
If you read the novelization in context, you'll find that the one-on-one battle between Anakin and Dooku wasn't really that close at all. Anakin straight-up overwhelmed Dooku... Then killed him.

Furthermore, it wasn't implied that Dooku was holding back at all. To the contrary, he was more 'force-amped' than we'd ever seen him before. Ergo the following narrative:

" called upon the Force, gathering it to himself and wrapping himself within it. He breathed it in and held it whirling inside his heart, clenching down upon it until he could feel the spin of the galaxy around him. Until he became the axis of the Universe. This was the real power of the dark side, the power he had suspected even as a boy, had sought through his long life until Darth Sidious had shown him that it had been his all along. The dark side didn't bring him to the center of the universe. It made him the center. He drew power into his innermost being until the Force itself existed only to serve his will."

smile

Darth Thor
I get Kurk's point though. Before Skywalker tapped into his full power, Dooku while Stomping Kenobi had Skywalker lying on his ass completely helpless for like 10seconds.

After that it completely changed. But there was that.

FreshestSlice
That was already after he stopped holding back, so no, it really isn't that great a point.

Darth Thor
That was already after he stopped holding back,

After Skywalker stopped holding back? But he lashed out with a stronger fury after Kenobi went down. And that's when Dooku could no longer handle him.

FreshestSlice
Dooku. This thread is about Dooku.

Darth Thor
Oh I get you.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
If you read the novelization in context, you'll find that the one-on-one battle between Anakin and Dooku wasn't really that close at all. Anakin straight-up overwhelmed Dooku... Then killed him.

Furthermore, it wasn't implied that Dooku was holding back at all. To the contrary, he was more 'force-amped' than we'd ever seen him before. Ergo the following narrative:

" called upon the Force, gathering it to himself and wrapping himself within it. He breathed it in and held it whirling inside his heart, clenching down upon it until he could feel the spin of the galaxy around him. Until he became the axis of the Universe. This was the real power of the dark side, the power he had suspected even as a boy, had sought through his long life until Darth Sidious had shown him that it had been his all along. The dark side didn't bring him to the center of the universe. It made him the center. He drew power into his innermost being until the Force itself existed only to serve his will."

smile Exactly and the scene shows this. No one needs to read a book save Kurk to understand the obvious. Dooku was destroyed by Anakin who was a lot more formidable than when he lost in aotc.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
After Skywalker stopped holding back? But he lashed out with a stronger fury after Kenobi went down. And that's when Dooku could no longer handle him. Anakin destroyed him. He doesn't have a point as he tried saying Dooku held back. He didn't and died like a chump.

chilled monkey
Could Dooku have beaten Anakin?

Absolutely.

Under the right circumstances anyone can beat anyone else. Even if those circumstances are absurdly unlikely. Jimmy Olsen with the Infinity Gauntlet can beat Superman. Manchester City can beat Manchester United. It's all a matter of circumstances.

FreshestSlice
Are you special, chilled? It'd explain a lot.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Absolutely.

Under the right circumstances anyone can beat anyone else. Even if those circumstances are absurdly unlikely. Jimmy Olsen with the Infinity Gauntlet can beat Superman. Manchester City can beat Manchester United. It's all a matter of circumstances.
http://www.delreyuk.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/drew-325x325.jpg

It all comes together.

Kurk

quanchi112
Dooku got raped. Let it go with the silly if this would ah rhappened or if that would have happened.

Kurk
Dooku got raped. Let it go with the silly if this would ah rhappened or if that would have happened.
Dooku was "raped" after he caused Anakin to draw from dark energy like I said. Him resorting to force abilities to separate the duo suggests he was indeed strained; that doesn't mean couldn't handle either jedi one-on-one.

quanchi112
Dooku was "raped" after he caused Anakin to draw from dark energy like I said. Him resorting to force abilities to separate the duo suggests he was indeed strained; that doesn't mean couldn't handle either jedi one-on-one.

He later became a greater Sith than Dooku and he killed people prior to this so no you don't get to ignore his emotions and the fact is dumbas Dookey wookey brought it out.

FreshestSlice
Again, stop taking out of your ass and making me agree with quan. That isn't what happened at all.

Kurk
Are you arguing that Dooku failed to handle Anakin before he drew from dark rage after seeing Kenobi injured and Dooku's taunting?

FreshestSlice
Read.
The.
Goddamn.
Novel.

Palpatine lured dynamic duo in, told Dooku to get Anakin to kill Obi-Wan, in reality, he was getting Anakin to kill Dooku. Dooku realizes he might actually lose, so he brings in help and stops holding back. He removes Kenobi to even the odds, but then Anakin is "all over him." So much so, that Dooku knows he will die, so he tries to off balance him. It works. Then Palpatine tells Anakin to use his fear of losing him and Obi-Wan. Anakin realizes he's teh mewst pwrfel Jedi evur and ends the fight. Anakin was holding back before, not Dooki. That's what happens. None of the nonsense you keep bringing up for no reason.

quanchi112
Again, stop taking out of your ass and making me agree with quan. That isn't what happened at all. One of yours first right moments. Mark the calendar, below average guy.

Kurk
Read.
The.
Goddamn.
Novel.

Palpatine lured dynamic duo in, told Dooku to get Anakin to kill Obi-Wan, in reality, he was getting Anakin to kill Dooku. Dooku realizes he might actually lose, so he brings in help and stops holding back. He removes Kenobi to even the odds, but then Anakin is "all over him." So much so, that Dooku knows he will die, so he tries to off balance him. It works. Then Palpatine tells Anakin to use his fear of losing him and Obi-Wan. Anakin realizes he's teh mewst pwrfel Jedi evur and ends the fight. Anakin was holding back before, not Dooki. That's what happens. None of the nonsense you keep bringing up for no reason. The novel by Matthew Stover is on my list. Nowadays I typically enlighten myself with relevant non-fiction books rather than wasting time with fantasy and sci-fi, but I guess everyone needs a break every now and then.

Yes Anakin was technically holding back by not tapping into the dark side but like I said, Dooku was expecting to fight a jedi Anakin not sith.

You said it yourself, Sidious told Dooku he wanted Anakin to kill Obi-Wan. Therefore Dooku had a false sense of security; he was under the impression that he was to refrain from killing Anakin and that Sidious would bail him out when he let Anakin win. This is why IMO Dooku didn't intervene with his far superior use of the force near the end when he was overwhelmed by Anakin's saber skills and strength.

As for the two super battle droids, Dooku surely isn't stupid enough to believe that they would really have an effect on the outcome. If he really needed help, he would have borrowed some of Grievous's magnaguards like he did on Naboo or maybe even the general himself. The droids IMO were there to serve as guards in-case the so called chancellor tries to escape while Dooku is fighting (remember same situation on Naboo but with one magnaguard holding Palpatine).

You are really forgetting how arrogant and egoistic Dooku really is. In the end, this was his ultimate downfall against Anakin. Hell, it happened to every sith (TPM Maul, Sidious, RotS Vader, etc ). To me, it seems like a reoccurring theme. Twice the pride double the fall indeed

DarthAnt66
So you're debating a book passionately that you never even read?

Kurk
So you're debating a book passionately that you never even read?
I've read the relevant quotes

If I change my mind after reading the entire thing, I'll kiss your ass forever Ant wink

DarthAnt66
You'll have to wait in line.

S_W_LeGenD
The battle on Invisible Hand was staged and Count Dooku fell for the trap.

If Count Dooku had known that Palpatine would betray him, outcome of the confrontation would have been different and/or Anakin Skywalker's victory could not be guaranteed in this scenario.

DarthAnt66
"No sense taking chances; even his Master would agree with that. Lord Sidious could come up with a new plan more easily than a new apprentice." --Dooku's mind

mmm

It's almost... as if... he got serious...

mmm

EmperorSidious2
help.

EmperorSidious2
https://youtu.be/eQATBFIZ13o

2:36-2:47

Entirely possible Dooku could have won. No he wasn't holding back.

FreshestSlice
"No sense taking chances; even his Master would agree with that. Lord Sidious could come up with a new plan more easily than a new apprentice." --Dooku's mind

mmm

It's almost... as if... he got serious...

mmm
You can't talk to educated people that way Ant

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Fresh, stop hurting peoples' feelings. You're an *******.

Kurk
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
The battle on Invisible Hand was staged and Count Dooku fell for the trap.

If Count Dooku had known that Palpatine would betray him, outcome of the confrontation would have been different and/or Anakin Skywalker's victory could not be guaranteed in this scenario.

Darth Thor
There's certainly an argument to be made if Count Dooku could have won against Skywalker had he not faced both Kenobi and Skywalker together first.

But that has nothing to do with holding back.

quanchi112
There's certainly an argument to be made if Count Dooku could have won against Skywalker had he not faced both Kenobi and Skywalker together first.

But that has nothing to do with holding back. Nah, since he faced Dooku one on one shortly after.

Galan007
There's certainly an argument to be made if Count Dooku could have won against Skywalker had he not faced both Kenobi and Skywalker together first. I'm not sure how that could be intelligibly argued, tbh. Both the film and novel make it abundantly clear: Anakin was simply better than Dooku.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Galan007
I'm not sure how that could be intelligibly argued, tbh. Both the film and novel make it abundantly clear: Anakin was simply better than Dooku.

Simply due to the scene where he left Anakin helplessly floored for 10 seconds while he was disposing of Kenobi.

That said you're right, an all out Anakin simply was better. But Dooku may take some wins outta 10 based on Anakin's flickering emotional states and Dooku being the more skilled and knowledgeable in the Force.

Kurk

NTJack0
No, Anakin stomped him.

Lord Stark
That was already after he stopped holding back, so no, it really isn't that great a point.

That part of the book is obviously n-canon. Dooku fought Kenobi and Skywalker on Oba-Diah. They both had already began practicing Soresu and Djem So, respectively, by then. Not to mention in the movie Dooku never shows signs of being concerned until 5-10 ish seconds before his hands get lobbed off. Even in their last saber lock before it, Dooku is shown effortlessly parrying Anakin's blow with a grin on his face. Only when Skywalker did an unorthodox move to get past his defenses did Dooku lose.

Could Dooku defeat Anakin? Sure. Shit at that point in time he thought Dooku just killed one father figure and could potentially kill another in Palpatine. That's what we like to call a high end showing. Could Dooku take a majority? Eh, probably not, but it could be argued.

chilled monkey
Are you special, chilled? It'd explain a lot.

Well personally I think everyone is special in their own way.

That said you're right, an all out Anakin simply was better. But Dooku may take some wins outta 10 based on Anakin's flickering emotional states and Dooku being the more skilled and knowledgeable in the Force.

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Could Dooku defeat Anakin? Sure. Shit at that point in time he thought Dooku just killed one father figure and could potentially kill another in Palpatine. That's what we like to call a high end showing. Could Dooku take a majority? Probably not.

Precisely. Like I said it all depends on circumstances, one of which is mental/emotional state.

Lord Stark
Shit in fact the books ENTIRE depiction of that fight is n-canon as far as I'm concerned.
Here's the official screenplay:

The script makes it clear that Dooku AND Kenobi are exhausted even before Dooku dispatches him and even then Dooku "spins to meet him(Anakin) head on".

FreshestSlice
"It's obviously not canon if I don't like it." - Stark 2016

I like how the script doesn't match ether but it's okay because it supports you.

Galan007
Yes, because someone who is 'exhausted' can do this:
http://i.imgur.com/orbDUDFl.jpg

Darth Thor
The script is much closer to the film than the novel tbh, and doesn't contradict TCW.

The script states once Kenobi is down that "Anakin attacks Count Dooku with a new ferociousness". It's once he attacks on that new level that he completely outmatched Dooku Imo.

But before that point of course Dooku had a chance of beating Anakin 1 v 1, given he already had Skywalker helplessly floored for 10seconds, while simultaneously stomping Kenobi.

Beniboybling
Yeah the Legends and Canon interpretations of the duel are not compatible.

Darth Thor
Dooku will always have the advantage over Anakin when it comes to the force; he was more refined and knowledgeable.

You mean in his mastery over Tk. Skywalker was more powerful in the Force though, which is why he beat him.

Kurk
You mean in his mastery over Tk. Skywalker was more powerful in the Force though, which is why he beat him. Skywalker had more potential but never refined it like Kenobi or Dooku did. When he tapped into the dark side yes, he was able to overcome Dooku.

Darth Thor
^ Yes the Dark Side of THE FORCE.

cdtm
http://45.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwvwdfvRRC1qfbxz9o1_500.gif

"Raaugh" Translation: IGNORE HIM, HE'S HAD ONE TOO MANY!

*loses arm*

Darth Martin
I think so. Overall, Anakin might have more raw power but Dooku is at least as skilled and much more refined in using the Force in combat.

The ease at which Dooku took out Kenobi and their various fights in the Clone Wars lead me to the conclusion that either ROTS Anakin was amped or that it was a show with instructions given by Sidious.

An all-out Dooku with no reason to hold back simply has more impressive showings. Fending off both the duos of Ventress/Opress, Anakin/Kenobi multiple times, trashing Bulq/Vos, Ventress/Nightsisters after being poisoned, and casually humbling OCW Grievous.

I think the ROTS fight was more due to circumstance. It's a. Case of Dooku being a better combatant but Anakin being tailor made to combat him. Where Dooku I'd a sorcerer, Anakin is a tank. Where Dooku is an old man, Anakin has him impossibly outmatched physically being able to fight for longer. The longer the fight continues, the stronger he will get.

I'd bet on Dooku if their were no crazy outside circumstances effecting the match but Anak in would give him hell. Tyranus 6/10.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I think so. Overall, Anakin might have more raw power but Dooku is at least as skilled and much more refined in using the Force in combat.

The ease at which Dooku took out Kenobi and their various fights in the Clone Wars lead me to the conclusion that either ROTS Anakin was amped or that it was a show with instructions given by Sidious.

An all-out Dooku with no reason to hold back simply has more impressive showings. Fending off both the duos of Ventress/Opress, Anakin/Kenobi multiple times, trashing Bulq/Vos, Ventress/Nightsisters after being poisoned, and casually humbling OCW Grievous.

I think the ROTS fight was more due to circumstance. It's a. Case of Dooku being a better combatant but Anakin being tailor made to combat him. Where Dooku I'd a sorcerer, Anakin is a tank. Where Dooku is an old man, Anakin has him impossibly outmatched physically being able to fight for longer. The longer the fight continues, the stronger he will get.

I'd bet on Dooku if their were no crazy outside circumstances effecting the match but Anak in would give him hell. Tyranus 6/10.

Well said.

EmperorSidious2
You mean in his mastery over Tk. Skywalker was more powerful in the Force though, which is why he beat him.

Was Anakin hindered in his force powers during his fight with Obi Wan? If not than Dooku was still the more skilled with the force. However Aankin had more raw power and would have been Dooku's superior, but at that point I don't think so.

FreshestSlice
Lulz. There was literally nothing intelligent or supported said there. It was a bunch of opinions that ironically ignored circumstances that allowed Anakin to surpass Dooku.

EmperorSidious2
Lulz. There was literally nothing intelligent or supported said there. It was a bunch of opinions that ironically ignored circumstances that allowed Anakin to surpass Dooku.

Kinda of is with fights from TCW, and the fact Dooku doesn't have as much raw power but has more knowledge and practice and actual combative skill with it up to this point as seen how he has in fact ragdolled kenobi while Anakin only stalemated him however not sure if Anakin was hindered in force powers at that point to actaully make a 100% judgement call. However he's there are circumstances in that fight, and once he tapped into the dark side he was better but until then Dooku was like equal with the blade and if he would have used his force powers could have won.

FreshestSlice
You should kind of stop talking. Anakin being the best Form V master he's ever seen, combined with being vastly more powerful than when he was already beginning to outmatch Dooku, with circumstances were he was not holding back at all, and the fact that it has been something like half a year since the last fight and two since most of them, makes continuing to post a very stupid idea. I mean at least Stark or DP post evidence. Your opinion on a matter that contradicts the very basis of that opinion is just retarded.

Kurk

Very nice

Lord Stark
"It's obviously not canon if I don't like it." - Stark 2016

I like how the script doesn't match ether but it's okay because it supports you.

As I clearly stated the book contradicts TCWs and ROTS. Dooku would obviously know Skywalker was a Djem So user and Kenobi was a Soresu user.

The script matches WAY better than the book and serves as insight into the Director's intent...since you know the director WROTE the script. The only contradictions are one line of dialogue (which was cut) and the fact that Dooku loses one hand instead of two. Which frankly is simply because things change in productions, that screenplay, however was written by the same man who directed the move. The book however takes extensive liberties and at many times contradicts the established canon, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the duels.

Its more along the lines of which source has more credibility the one from the creator's pen or an interpretation of the creator's pen. The answer is the creator's pen everytime.

That book is a walking contradiction with most of the novel's duels and is utterly unreliable in that regard:
The Dooku duel- Already covered
Sidious vs. Windu- Anakin walks in at a completely different time, not to mention the Jedi masters are defeated in a much different manner that clearly contradicts the film.
Sidious vs. Yoda- Film depicts them as relative equals with the Screenplay even having Yoda disarm him. Book depicts him as utterly outmatched.

Sorry bro, but no the Book isn't a reliable source when it comes to duels. The screenplay is far more reliable, particularly because its from the hands of Lucas himself.

Darth Thor
True the script is more reliable as per Lucas's vision and as per post TCW Canon. That said as per the latest Canon, Freshest is right that ROTS Skywalker had grown vastly more powerful since the Anakin/Dooku S4 fights.

So more likely it was Anakin who was holding back in ROTS before Kenobi got taken out (which aligns with the novel).

Beniboybling
Source for him growing "vastly more powerful"?

McP
Well, Dooku had the upper hand against Anakin and Obi-Wan, and after he subdued Obi-Wan with the Force, he provoked Anakin to tap into his anger. Since that moment, he was unable to beat Anakin. But he could do that before, intead of provoking him.
But - according to the ROTS novel, which I'm using as alternate scenario/"what if?" - if Dooku would not do that, then Palpatine would. So in that scenario, Count Dooku couldn't beat Anakin

@Lord Stark <3

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Source for him growing "vastly more powerful"?

http://puu.sh/mz14d/6a8acd2441.jpg

juggernaut74

juggernaut74

An all-out Dooku with no reason to hold back simply has more impressive showings. Have we ever seen Dooku go all-out? He seems to be talking down on his opponents, he came across as to arrogant to go all-out.

McP
Yeah. Against Yoda for sure. And it was a very good showing.

juggernaut74
Yoda is a pimp.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
http://puu.sh/mz14d/6a8acd2441.jpg Damn, that's some good hype.

McP
Yeah. Sad that it looks otherwise on a screen. TCW!Anakin seems to be a too strong.

Darth Thor
And as Vader he's had a further 2 confirmed power boosts since defeating Dooku.

Beniboybling
Bear this all in mind when Ahsoka faces off with him. smile

Beniboybling
Originally posted by McP
Yeah. Sad that it looks otherwise on a screen. TCW!Anakin seems to be a too strong. Well tbh defeating Dooku in 15 seconds seems well beyond TCW Anakin's abilities.

cs_zoltan

Ben > Ahsoka

Kurk
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Have we ever seen Dooku go all-out? He seems to be talking down on his opponents, he came across as to arrogant to go all-out. Towards the end of their fight on Oba Diah, Dooku was going all out with his bladework.

Darth Thor

I will. Right before Vader chops her head off.

Kurk
I will. Right before Vader chops her head off.
I Guarantee that there will be some kind of divine intervention before that happens.

Beniboybling
Ahsoka is a goddess, she's her own intervention. thumb up

|King Joker|
A-****ing-men.

Lord Stark
True the script is more reliable as per Lucas's vision and as per post TCW Canon. That said as per the latest Canon, Freshest is right that ROTS Skywalker had grown vastly more powerful since the Anakin/Dooku S4 fights.

So more likely it was Anakin who was holding back in ROTS before Kenobi got taken out (which aligns with the novel).

Sure he has, but in their last 1v1 Dooku was clearly toying with him. Dooku doesn't ever fight with a hand behind his back in any other fight he has where he's serious from what I've seen. He always has the other hand ready to either supplement his saber locks or use force powers.

NTJack0
Ahsoka is a goddess, she's her own intervention. thumb up I will drink your tears as Vader slaughters her.

quanchi112
And as Vader he's had a further 2 confirmed power boosts since defeating Dooku. laughing out loud

TheTyrant
I remember reading that Sidious and Mace were like blurs to Anakin while they were fighting. Nevermind Sidious but I always thought Dooku was at least on par with Mace (probably more powerful overall too) so what was going on there?

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by TheTyrant
I remember reading that Sidious and Mace were like blurs to Anakin while they were fighting. Nevermind Sidious but I always thought Dooku was at least on par with Mace (probably more powerful overall too) so what was going on there?

Mace had a temporary boost from his combat form of Vaapad. If he fight a dresser he can use this firm at any time however the boost he received from Sidious was more than he had ever felt before due to his inner aggression of discovering Sidious was the Sith while supreme chancellor and all that went with it, and Sidious with him being the most powerful dark sider of all time just pushing all his anger out.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Syndicate
Yes.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Mace had a temporary boost from his combat form of Vaapad. If he fight a dresser he can use this firm at any time however the boost he received from Sidious was more than he had ever felt before due to his inner aggression of discovering Sidious was the Sith while supreme chancellor and all that went with it, and Sidious with him being the most powerful dark sider of all time just pushing all his anger out.

A lot of speculation to justify Mace beating Palpatine tbh. But you're not to blame. The awful way Vapaad has been explained so far is at fault. I blame Stover.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.