Thranduil vs. Aragorn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
who wins this one v one sword fight

Robtard
Thranduil should take it, his greater/longer experience in wars put him ahead.

ares834
Book versions?

Aragorn undoubtedly.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by ares834
Book versions?

Aragorn undoubtedly.

Using all the evidence at our disposal.

I'm curious about you choosing Aragorn (not that I think it's wrong per se). Do you consider Aragorn is:

1. Faster
2. Stronger
3. More experienced
4. More skilled

I would personally say Thranduil take all of those, what do you say?

ares834
Probably all of them except, perhaps, 3. We don't see Thranduil fight at all so to say he takes all of those is, well, silly.

KuRuPT Thanosi
We don't see him fight? Did you not see BOFA?

Who would you say is faster Legolas or Aragron? Clearly Legolas is faster and more agile. This is without question. So somebody that is Legolas superior should certainly be faster as well.

Being that he's MUCH older than Aragorn, he's clearly more experienced. Having fought in many battles, and again, older, would likely mean he's more skilled. Elves as we know are terrific fighters, even the fodder, so a powerful Elf like Thranduil should certainly be just as skilled, if not more so.

Surtur
Also the movie version of Thranduil was kind of awesome while Aragorn was rather dull. Thranduil was basically just an a-hole version of Legolas..and movie Legolas pretty much made everyone in the fellowship save for Gandalf look like a little b*tch in terms of combat capability.

ares834

Surtur
I suppose that makes sense in the book versions. Since Aragorn in the movies is pretty much..shitty compared to Legolas.

Also Aragorn could of been made the leader because he had kingly qualities not because he has the highest power level.

ares834

KuRuPT Thanosi
That's a question, a question I answered when I said "All material is available to use" So again, you do understand what a ? means right? I answered, and you still only used book versions. Odd.

ares834
You said "Using all the evidence at our disposal."

The films are not evidence. They are completely non-canonical unless we are talking about movie versions. If you meant films versions you should have clarified further.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by ares834
You said "Using all the evidence at our disposal."

The films are not evidence. They are completely non-canonical unless we are talking about movie versions. If you meant films versions you should have clarified further.

Wut?? Are you okay? Why would movies be excluded from the line ALL available MATERIAL. Please elaborate on this

ares834

Surtur
Legolas is more then just flashy, he flat out does shit nobody else is capable of physically doing in the fellowship.

Given the speed, agility, and ranged attack capabilities Legolas has, how do you think Gimli somehow magically managed to take out more then he did? Despite..never really showing 1/10th of the power of Legolas. Unless Gimli for some reason just got a random magical enhancement during the battle of Helm's Deep that wore off immediately after and never showed up again?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Your explanation makes no sense though. Why would you exclude the movies? This forum is under MOVIE FRANCHISES. If anything, the books would be excluded before the movies, but the movies certainly wouldn't be. To say nothing of ALL available evidence, that seems rather umbrellaish

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Surtur
Legolas is more then just flashy, he flat out does shit nobody else is capable of physically doing in the fellowship.

Given the speed, agility, and ranged attack capabilities Legolas has, how do you think Gimli somehow magically managed to take out more then he did? Despite..never really showing 1/10th of the power of Legolas. Unless Gimli for some reason just got a random magical enhancement during the battle of Helm's Deep that wore off immediately after and never showed up again?

It's more to do with what each was doing during the battle. Legolas was running around handling business and beasting. Gimli (as you see the movie) was just standing next to two ladders and killing them as they came up the ladder. He'd go 5.. 6.. 7.. 8.. one right after the other. That is how he killed more.

Surtur
Exactly, and in a fight Legolas would absolutely slaughter Gimli without much effort. I'm not saying Thranduil beats Aragorn as easily as Legolas could beat Gimli..but he still should win.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Aragorn would beat Thranduil in a good fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.