RoboCop 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
Wonder if Robocop will take on Robocain or if it'll be a completely different story

Kazenji
Pass from me at this point

didn't like the remake.

steverules_2
Didn't think the remake was great but I didn't hate it either, my girlfriend REFUSES to watch the original because of the remake though. I didn't like the way they made the Robocop suit look making it black, hated that.

Patient_Leech
Remake was awful.. why is it getting a sequel? Did it seriously make money??

Impediment
I honestly couldn't care less.

The reboot was dog shit, IMO.

Esau Cairn
Keaton was the saving grace.

He would've made an interesting Cain.

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Remake was awful.. why is it getting a sequel? Did it seriously make money??

About 150mil in profits

quanchi112
Shitty film. I'm sure Roberta loved this crap.

steverules_2
The way I see it is that the first original movie was a classic, the original sequel was not...people didn't like it, I myself quite enjoyed cuz of the fight at the end. So remaking or rebooting the original first film wasn't gonna be a good idea anyway, but who knows maybe the sequel will actually be better than the original sequel.

Tzeentch
It wasn't bad by any means, but it was also completely unremarkable. Pure mediocrity.

I dunno if I could be bothered to see a sequel.

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2
The way I see it is that the first original movie was a classic, the original sequel was not...people didn't like it, I myself quite enjoyed cuz of the fight at the end. So remaking or rebooting the original first film wasn't gonna be a good idea anyway, but who knows maybe the sequel will actually be better than the original sequel.

I too liked the first sequel it wasn't perfect nor was it bad, That third movie less said about that one the better

Supposedly Frank Miller's Robocop 2 & 3 comic are better then the movies that were made.

jaden101
This gets a sequel yet Dredd doesn't. Madness.

steverules_2
It got a sequel in comic form I think...but still, I woulda liked a Dredd sequel on the big screen

Kazenji
It got a sequel in comic form I think...but still, I woulda liked a Dredd sequel on the big screen

a couple of them

there's a third one now.

steverules_2
Should've been done in movie form, we finally get the Judge Dredd movie we wanted and can't get more movies out of it...really wanted to see Dredd vs Death on the big screen. The Stallone one has a comic sequel as well.

Kazenji
I missed the first Dredd comic but i got the second one through the Judge Dredd Megazine, Most likely get the third one too

also i've 2000ad is backing a Dredd Tv show petition

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2016-01/14/2000ad-petition-dredd-tv-netflix

steverules_2
That would be awesome

Arachnid1
Never got around to watching the reboot. I could watch it at any time on Amazon prime. I just haven't been able to bring myself to do it.

steverules_2
Are you advertising Amazon prime or something?

Kazenji
That would be awesome

I was also maybe hoping some of the other 2000ad properties to be made into movies, Guess it could still happen later on.

steverules_2
Think there was one a while back, can't remember the name of it now. It was about a killer robot. Can barely remember what happened but I think it was based on a 2000AD story, was a comic story I know that.

EDIT: Found it, it's a film called Hardware and was based on a 2000AD short story, it was however unauthorized by creators

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardware_(film)

Kazenji
Think there was one a while back, can't remember the name of it now. It was about a killer robot. Can barely remember what happened but I think it was based on a 2000AD story, was a comic story I know that.

Hardware?

Had Dylan McDermott & Limmy Kilmister in it.

steverules_2
Yup, that was it, you posted just as I edited my post

Kazenji
Seems to have a cult following that movie, I watched it a while back overall i'd give it a 6/10

steverules_2
I think the comic ended differently and the Robot kills the lady, I didn't really think it was that great but I can see why it's got a cult following. Wonder if a shower would kill Robocop.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.