The League -Vs- The Squadron Supreme

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No Prep..
No B.F.R..

Dcnu.Green Arrow
Preflp.Shazam
Preflp.G.L Stewart
Preflp.Hawkgirl
Reflp.Hawkman
Dcnu.Firestorm

Vs

Nighthawk
Hyperion
Dr.Spectrum
Thundra
Power Princes
Blur

carver9
Hyperion is too much.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

riv6672
Pre Flashpoint CM'd wreck half the SS on his own. 8/10 League.

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud
That was my reaction too until I saw SM, Power Girl (or another Kryponian their level) or WW weren't on the League Team. Hyperion may just be too much for T1.
Originally posted by carver9
Hyperion is too much.
I'm thinking I agree with you Carvster.

riv6672
Originally posted by Supermex

Preflp.Shazam
Originally posted by zopzop
...until I saw SM, Power Girl (or another Kryponian their level) or WW weren't on the League Team.
Hahahaha!!!

DarkSaint85
Hyperion is too much.

Based on?

Space cheese feats, CM actually beats him. Battles? Well, CM has that too.

Team League , for me.

abhilegend
That was my reaction too until I saw SM, Power Girl (or another Kryponian their level) or WW weren't on the League Team. Hyperion may just be too much for T1.

I'm thinking I agree with you Carvster.
Not sure if serious.

Cap is the closest peer to Superman you can get pre Flashpoint. He certainly looks more impressive against Superman than Wonder woman or Power Girl ever do.

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Based on?

Space cheese feats, CM actually beats him. Battles? Well, CM has that too.

Team League , for me.
Hence my:
Originally posted by riv6672
Hahahaha!!!

zopzop
He certainly looks more impressive against Superman than Wonder woman or Power Girl ever do.
Too bad this means nothing since Superman would never go all out against another hero.

Diana with her standard gear is a closer peer to SM than CM could ever be.

Hyperion would break CM eventually.

Henry_Pym
Hyperion one shot killed arguably the top Mid herald...

Shazam's best feat is not embarrassing himself vs Superman.

@DS: I don't think any space cheese fear is better than the beard bros doing better vs the beyonders than LT.

DarkSaint85
Cap LIFTED 50% OF INFINITY!!!!!!! Lol.

Henry_Pym
My scientist supreme senses are tingling!

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Henry_Pym

@DS: I don't think any space cheese fear is better than the beard bros doing better vs the beyonders than LT.
Which mid herald?

However cheesy it was, it's really a combat feat and not space cheddar.

carver9
Hyperion fts has been nothing but solid. He's a monster and I guess he is talking about Hyperion killing Namor.

Henry_Pym
Yes

deathslash
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Which mid herald?

However cheesy it was, it's really a combat feat and not space cheddar. he's talking about a bloodlusted namor

carver9
Yes

Yeah, that was a crazy showing. Namor has took beating from the best of them and never got taken down like that (this is a guy who endured punches from both Hulk and Thanos). That ft is insane.

riv6672
Cap LIFTED 50% OF INFINITY!!!!!!! Lol.
laughing

abhilegend
Too bad this means nothing since Superman would never go all out against another hero.

Diana with her standard gear is a closer peer to SM than CM could ever be.

Hyperion would break CM eventually.
Superman going all out would wreck high heralds. Even then Cap fought him for a whole comic when he was Eclipsed.

He has oneshotted Wonder woman more than once and had her fearing that he will kill her in three punches. So what are we talking about here? Originally posted by Henry_Pym

Namor is a mid Herald? Since when? And he killed a water based character with heat vision. In h2h they were basically equal.

Cap best feat is going toe to toe with DOV Spectre who was killing skyfathers left and right.

abhilegend
Yeah, that was a crazy showing. Namor has took beating from the best of them and never got taken down like that (this is a guy who endured punches from both Hulk and Thanos). That ft is insane.
It was a HV attack Carver. Nothing to get excited about.

deathslash

Namor is a mid Herald? Since when? And he killed a water based character with heat vision. In h2h they were basically equal.

Cap best feat is going toe to toe with DOV Spectre who was killing skyfathers left and right. ever since he held his own against the hulk, or thor, or ares, or sentry, or black bolt. They both threw like one punch and then hype picked up Atlantis and killed namor. Not really enough of a fight to say that they were equals in h2h.

He was getting destroyed and then he got a massive amp from every magic user in the world. Hell, even before he got the amp, spectre was basically telling Billy to surrender (a sign that he wasn't going all out yet).

abhilegend
Originally posted by deathslash
ever since he held his own against the hulk, or thor, or ares, or sentry, or black bolt. They both threw like one punch and then hype picked up Atlantis and killed namor. Not really enough of a fight to say that they were equals in h2h.

He was getting destroyed and then he got a massive amp from every magic user in the world. Hell, even before he got the amp, spectre was basically telling Billy to surrender (a sign that he wasn't going all out yet).
For every high showing like that he has twenty low showings where he struggles with Thing or Spider-Man.

He is not a mid Herald by any means. When Characters like Orion and BRB are in mid Herald range.

He was fighting Spectre for longer. Shadowpact showed up only at the end of the fight.

You are acting like Spectre needs to go all out to kill any herald. Look how he treated characters like Dr Fate who beat down Mordru and was basically Nabu at that point.

Or Thunderbolt. Or Satanaus. Or phantom stranger. Or Madame Xanadu.

Anybody below skyfather level was dispatched casually by Spectre in that arc.

deathslash
For every high showing like that he has twenty low showings where he struggles with Thing or Spider-Man.

He is not a mid Herald by any means. When Characters like Orion and BRB are in mid Herald range.

He was fighting Spectre for longer. Shadowpact showed up only at the end of the fight.

You are acting like Spectre needs to go all out to kill any herald. Look how he treated characters like Dr Fate who beat down Mordru and was basically Nabu at that point.

Or Thunderbolt. Or Satanaus. Or phantom stranger. Or Madame Xanadu.

Anybody below skyfather level was dispatched casually by Spectre in that arc. I know that you're just using those as examples, but for every time that he struggles with the thing, he has about five in which he bashes his head in.

BRB being a mid Herald I can accept, but orion? I'm pretty sure that orion's a high herald.

At no point in time did I say that he needs to go all out against a Herald to kill them. However, spectre giving Billy a chance to surrender so that he'd stop having to beat on him does tell us that he wasn't giving it his all. Sure maybe spectre was putting a little bit of his strength into hist wrist just before he b*tchslapped billy, but he wasn't really putting in any significant amount of effort until Billy got the amp. Either way, I think that both of us can agree that the DOV fight was probably billy's highest showing.

celeyhyga17
Hyperion fts has been nothing but solid. He's a monster and I guess he is talking about Hyperion killing Namor.
Namor is no mid herald. He is high meta at best.

Cap best feat is going toe to toe with DOV Spectre who was killing skyfathers left and right.
facepalm

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by celeyhyga17

thumb up

100% agreed...

abhilegend
Originally posted by deathslash
I know that you're just using those as examples, but for every time that he struggles with the thing, he has about five in which he bashes his head in.

BRB being a mid Herald I can accept, but orion? I'm pretty sure that orion's a high herald.

At no point in time did I say that he needs to go all out against a Herald to kill them. However, spectre giving Billy a chance to surrender so that he'd stop having to beat on him does tell us that he wasn't giving it his all. Sure maybe spectre was putting a little bit of his strength into hist wrist just before he b*tchslapped billy, but he wasn't really putting in any significant amount of effort until Billy got the amp. Either way, I think that both of us can agree that the DOV fight was probably billy's highest showing.
laughing out loud

Where does he bashes Thing head in?

Orion is a mid Herald. Check the list.

You should read the fight before making any comments. Originally posted by celeyhyga17

facepalm
You got something to say, eh?

Henry_Pym
I assume it's about you pretending Billy wasn't amped...

It would be like saying Thors best fear is killing a group of Skyfather+ level beings and omitting he may have been the Rune King.

Philosophía
I assume it's about you pretending Billy wasn't amped...

It would be like saying Thors best fear is killing a group of Skyfather+ level beings and omitting he may have been the Rune King. Billy withstood an extended beating from Spectre before he was amped by the rest. That was normal Captain Marvel.

Henry_Pym
Ok? So not dying is a feat now?

Philosophía
Ok? So not dying is a feat now? "Not dying" against Spectre is a feat, yes, since the latter was continuously pounding on him. What kind of question is that?

Henry_Pym
So Captain America is iyo at or near IG Thanos's level?

Philosophía
So Captain America is iyo at or near IG Thanos's level? Why would he be?

Henry_Pym
He took an extended beating from Thanos in Infinity Gauntlet.

abhilegend
Where?

Philosophía
He took an extended beating from Thanos in Infinity Gauntlet.
Where?

Henry_Pym
in Infinity Gauntlet.

abhilegend
Certainly not in my copy of the comic. Post this scene from bizarro world if you have it.

Henry_Pym
So in the Abhi-verse what is Thanos doing when Surfer attempts to blitz him/the gauntlet?

abhilegend
Attempting to punch Cap who blocks it with his shield.

He never connected with Cap directly.

Henry_Pym
Ok? So Cap overpowered the nigh universal powered Thanos who had both the Space & Time Gem...

Can we drop this charade? Fighting a character massively more powerful than you is just comic bs and not a feat unless you do something.

Philosophía
So Cap overpowered the nigh universal powered Thanos who had both the Space & Time Gem... What in the hell are you talking about?

We were joking, but you really seem to have your own drawn version of the story arc.

riv6672
^^^Its like looking into a mirror, isnt it? wink

I looked that up. Very impressive thanks for the info.

DarkSaint85
Wait, Cap took down both Thanos AND Spectre? Shizz!

abhilegend
Ok? So Cap overpowered the nigh universal powered Thanos who had both the Space & Time Gem...

Can we drop this charade? Fighting a character massively more powerful than you is just comic bs and not a feat unless you do something.
What? Thanos never connected with Cap. He was also just putting on a show to impress Death.

As soon as he wanted, he shattered the shield with backhand and killed him.

What are you talking about now? Does this looks like Thanos vs Cap?

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/Untitled-Scanned-21.jpg

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/Untitled-Scanned-22.jpg

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/Max_Eisenhardt/Untitled-Scanned-23.jpg

DarkSaint85
Marvel was being slaughtered, doe. Hardly an impressive showing?

Philosophía
Marvel was being slaughtered, doe. Hardly an impressive showing? It's an impressive durability and resilience showing.

Kind of like Thanos vs Odin, only several orders of magnitude better.

riv6672
I thought it was pretty good!

abhilegend
Considering Spectre was trying to actually kill him? Yes, it is.

Henry_Pym
Why? He in a group of people and he got his ass handed to him...

abhilegend
He was fighting Spectre solo. Who was trying to kill him.

If that's not a feat, I don't know what is.

Henry_Pym
He was fighting Spectre solo. Who was trying to kill him.

If that's not a feat, I don't know what is. you said it not me

abhilegend
you said it not me
What?

ghostman
the double standards in here smh.. people love bringing up thors fight with the celestials, but are quick to write this off? come on!

Henry_Pym
What celestial fight are you talking about?

ghostman
What celestial fight are you talking about?

THE MIGHTY THOR #300,387, 388 and 389 one of those iirc.

Henry_Pym
Is it something to do with Thor's plot axe?

riv6672
Originally posted by ghostman
the double standards in here smh.. people love bringing up thors fight with the celestials, but are quick to write this off? come on!
These Ultimates threads are proving some arent mature enough to concede a loss and move on. Pretty small of them, really.
Its just comics at the end of the day.
Makes for fun reading though.

jrodslam
Just wanted to chime in. Lets not forget that ALL magic in the DCU was weakened, due to Spectre killing ppl(magic users) off. That was highly impressive on Caps part.

Now in regards to Namor, lets also not forget that on a NORMAL basis, hes gone toe to toe with with the likes of Herc, Hulk, Thor etc as been stated already by someone. And has been stated on more than one occasion to be equal to those(WHEN HYDRATED ill add). A writer will kill a person in whichever means they want, ignoring past battles. If hes not considered to be mid herald, matters not to me, but arent we supposed to use normal feats?

just sayin. :/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.