10 Cloverfield Lane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-Pr-
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3376716/cloverfield-sequel-already-filmed/

So... Yeah.

Esau Cairn
Looks a lot better than the 1st.

It's already a bonus there's no shakey cam.

Kazenji
Hated the shakey cam with the first movie

it gave me a nauseous feeling.

Esau Cairn
Yeah I tried 3 times to watch it before I could get over the nauseous feeling.

Luck I watched it on DVD, there were reports of people vomiting in the theatre!

Quincy
Loved the first one. Always surprised that shaky cam and found footage films gets people nauseous. Feel bad.

Anyways, I'm on board for part 2 as well! John Goodman and Mary Elizabeth Winstead are terrific

TheVaultDweller
I feel like they might have waited a bit too long for this. With these kinds of films you usually need to release the sequel within 2-3 years or, more often than not, people have lost interest by then and the sequel tanks.

ares834
It comes out this March!?

That's awesome!

I'm amazed they kept it under wraps this long.

Adam Grimes
The first movie was brilliant.

I'll try to not get too hyped up but damn, this movie even has vault dwellers. thumb up

quanchi112
Too little too late.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
The first movie was brilliant.

I'll try to not get too hyped up but damn, this movie even has vault dwellers. thumb up
Originally posted by Quincy
Loved the first one. Always surprised that shaky cam and found footage films gets people nauseous. Feel bad.

Anyways, I'm on board for part 2 as well! John Goodman and Mary Elizabeth Winstead are terrific

Yah, I really enjoyed Cloverfield. Alot of people shit on it for this reason or that; but I found it to be thrilling. I'm looking forward to whatever this brings us.

Robtard
Interesting and intriguing, will watch.

cdtm
I liked the first one.

Even with the hillarious South Park episode showing how ridiculous a guy shoving his cam in everyones face would look. laughing out loud

NemeBro
I'm down with John Goodman making the chick from Scott Pilgrim his sex slave so that she isn't eaten by the giant monster.

BruceSkywalker
might be too long for this..... will see though but hopefully it will be good

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Quincy

Anyways, I'm on board for part 2 as well! John Goodman and Mary Elizabeth Winstead are terrific I'm in for both those actors. Goodman is always intertaining, and I've been in love with Mary Elizabeth Winstead since I saw her in Sky High when I was younger.

Also, interesting fact for you guys. Winstead was in the Fappening love

Esau Cairn
Winstead as Ramona Flowers in this movie would be awesome!

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by NemeBro
I'm down with John Goodman making the chick from Scott Pilgrim his sex slave so that she isn't eaten by the giant monster. I think they are going to be the giant monster's sex slaves.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I think they are going to be the giant monster's sex slaves.

Well at least Goodman has had prior experience with Roseanne.

dynamix
^^lol!

can't wait for this!

-Pr-
Spoilers if true:

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/416hat/the_truth_about_10_cloverfield_lanexpost_from/

Impediment
Looks okay.

Adam Grimes
Lol at the paranoids in that thread.

If true then I will be really pissed.

Morning_Glory
Anyone else notice (from the trailer) it looks like they are in "the hatch" from LOST

jaden101
biG8R1yGouY

quanchi112
I must say the idea of going back to this didn't sound exciting but these trailers do create tension and I'm actually going to see this opening weekend. Maybe they had me at produced by J.J. Abrams.

Nemesis X
Last time I watched Cloverfield was back in 2008. Holy crap.

marwash22
sooooo, is the monster in this, or nah?

Kazenji
93% on Rotten Tomatoes, if you give a shit about that site.

Nemesis X
Watched it. Pretty decent flick. Not exactly a direct sequel like I wanted but it was still entertaining to watch for what it is.

So that monster from the 2008 movie? Yeah, not in this. It's aliens and a psycho John Goodman. The latter of which is pretty damn terrifying btw. I believe it's made clear by this point Cloverfield is a series of mini-stories like the Twilight Zone.

Adam Grimes
I really hope it isn't. At least not like TZ.

Zack M
Pretty good movie. John Goodman was awesome.

dynamix
i loved it!

also, not to sound pervy or anything but that chick has such a nice butt!

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by dynamix
i loved it!

also, not to sound pervy or anything but that chick has such a nice butt!

She's gorgeous in Scott Pilgrim.

tkitna
I love me some Mary Elizabeth Winstead. Not enough to go see this movie at the theater, bust still.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/05/23/b5/0523b5afb2083d09a54809f432ce7395.jpg

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Watched it. Pretty decent flick. Not exactly a direct sequel like I wanted but it was still entertaining to watch for what it is.

So that monster from the 2008 movie? Yeah, not in this. It's aliens and a psycho John Goodman. The latter of which is pretty damn terrifying btw. I believe it's made clear by this point Cloverfield is a series of mini-stories like the Twilight Zone. Nice. I'm gonna watch this.

Mark Question
Originally posted by Zack M
Pretty good movie. John Goodman was awesome.

He's such an awesome actor.. Going to see it Sat.

CPT Space Bomb
Man, I mean this movie was done a TERRIBLE Disservice from it's marketing. I think I've seen like 1 commercial for it.....period. If it's good then it's a real shame that they didn't try to advertise for this.....I'm actually pretty upset about it... Of course my opinion might change if I think it sucks but we'll see. I do like John Goodman; always have.

CPT Space Bomb
Okay, just got back from seeing it. Thought it was pretty good. That being said:

The ending sucked big time imo. I was hoping the plot of the movie would revolve around the psychopath John Goodman's "Howard" character. Instead, he just turned out to be a creepy abductor who was right about the alien invasion. It'd been better imo if the aliens were just a lie he made up and caused them to believe it.....I dunno, shoehorning aliens into it at the end almost ruined what was a fantastic film up until that point......still worth a watch though I suppose.

All in all I'd probably give it a 7 of 10.

jaden101
So this...

Brilliant right up until she got out.

Goodman is tremendous.

Clearly the reddit link has merit in that this was a different movie and has a different ending badly tacked on. There isn't even a link between this and the original film cos it's entirely different aliens. There also seems to be two types. Not sure if one is like a hunting dog for the other but that's the vibe you get. The other larger one seems like a tech covered big alien rather than human sized in a big ship.

The ending is just terrible though.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by jaden101
So this...

Brilliant right up until she got out.

Goodman is tremendous.

Clearly the reddit link has merit in that this was a different movie and has a different ending badly tacked on. There isn't even a link between this and the original film cos it's entirely different aliens. There also seems to be two types. Not sure if one is like a hunting dog for the other but that's the vibe you get. The other larger one seems like a tech covered big alien rather than human sized in a big ship.

The ending is just terrible though. Yep. I'd say up until she gets out it was a solid 8-9 out of 10. Ending brought it down a few pegs.

The Nuul
just seen this.

John Goodman was good, that's about it (and this is the ONLY reason why you'd want to watch this movie). Other wise this movie sucked. I don't get all of the good reviews about this is all about.

it's literally 3 people in a bunked until one gets killed. then there was the aliens at the end that you barely see. no big monsters, not canon to the first movie.

watching this movie was a waste of time.

5/10

Patient_Leech
^ Good to know, cause I was considering seeing it.

Robtard
Caught this last night, enjoyed it overall. As others said, the ending didn't gel well with the rest of the film, it was a cool twist, but poorly executed. 7/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.