D.C. vs. Marvel heralds, Pick Three.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue Area Vet
Time lay it all on the line, pick your team of three heralds. Every aspect will be considered- powerset and how they mesh, individual achievement, personalities, knowledge, etc. An important piece is that the individuals will act completely in character, so villians and heroes on the same team will be problematic. Pick your three herald team and tell why you chose the members.

ghostman
superman/ ability to go farrrrr beyond his bracket when needed

waverider/ time manipulation

eradicator /silver surfer like versatility

Blue Area Vet
Here's mine: Thor, Silver Surfer, Blue Marvel

This team should get along well and work effectively together. Thor brings a magic element as well as an edge character capable of "going there" if need be. His melee weapon has a number of unique and exotic uses. Also a worthy teammate may be able to wield his weapon if need be.

Silver Surfer of course is regarded the top herald by many for good reason. His array of abilities are numerous and his power supply is literally endless. He can heal others from critical woulds and communicate others telepathically.

Blue Marvel brings a genius level psyche in addition to a power rather unique among super heros in his antimatter manipulation and generation. In addition to concussive blasts and shield construsts (which he has used to protect himself and others) he has used this power in a number of intricate applications as well as in consort with other characters' power sets.

Henry_Pym
SS Hype, Pymtron & Dr. Strange.

Good luck beat them 3

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
SS Hype, Pymtron & Dr. Strange.

Good luck beat them 3

Pymtron, isn't he brand new? Also
is SSH going to cooperate and not act stupid? Creative team, but I don't know about their effectiveness as a team.

Insane Titan
Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman

laughing Right, who can beat that team?

golem370
Dr Strange, Adam Warlock, & Silver Surfer they have worked together good leader in Warlock and versatility in all three.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by golem370
Dr Strange, Adam Warlock, & Silver Surfer they have worked together good leader in Warlock and versatility in all three.

Nice, Warlock was fourth on my list.

Supermex
Marvel: Blue Marvel, Dr.Strange and Silver Surfer

DC: Superman, G.L Stewart and M.Manhunter

carver9
Thor, Surfer, Hulk.

If we are just looking for flyers, Thor, Surfer, Sentry

Adam Grimes
Superman, Flash and Surfer.

riv6672
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Here's mine: Thor, Silver Surfer, Blue Marvel

This team should get along well and work effectively together. Thor brings a magic element as well as an edge character capable of "going there" if need be. His melee weapon has a number of unique and exotic uses. Also a worthy teammate may be able to wield his weapon if need be.

Silver Surfer of course is regarded the top herald by many for good reason. His array of abilities are numerous and his power supply is literally endless. He can heal others from critical woulds and communicate others telepathically.

Blue Marvel brings a genius level psyche in addition to a power rather unique among super heros in his antimatter manipulation and generation. In addition to concussive blasts and shield construsts (which he has used to protect himself and others) he has used this power in a number of intricate applications as well as in consort with other characters' power sets.
That'll do it.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Superman, Flash and Surfer.

Charcters are from the SAME universe.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by carver9
Thor, Surfer, Hulk.

If we are just looking for flyers, Thor, Surfer, Sentry

Sentrys pretty much above tier.

Blue Area Vet
D.C. team: Orion, Sentinel, Dr. Fate

Magic, alien tech and exotic energy all accounted for.

Marvel team II:

God Cable, Dr. Strange, Hyperion

Magic expertise, psi, strategic genius, speed and power.

Blue Area Vet
Marvel Villian team:

Kang, Morg, Loki

Kang brings unprecedented time travel capabilities, Morg has the power cosmic and top tier physical stats, Loki brings magic and cunning.

golem370
Loki Mandarin and War Hulk Physical and magical power plus some celestial tech

relentless1
Superman, Doc Fate, Cap Atom

Thor, Sentry, Surfer

TheLordofMurder
For Marvel I'm going Thor, Surfer, and Doctor Strange...

We all know what Thor and Surfer bring to the table: excellent damage soak, awesome exotic attacks, and tremendous feats of energy projection and matter energy manip among other things...

The x-factor for me is Strange; he has been known to be able to (under certain situations) be able to get Skyfather+ and Abstract beings to fight on his behalf (like when he called upon Order and Chaos to take care of the Inbetweener)...

Thor and Surfer together could potentially take down a Trans Tier character; with Strange on their side, they could potentially beat minor Abstracts...

TheLordofMurder
My DC team would mirror my Marvel team and would consist of Superman, Hal Jordan, and Doctor Fate (assumming Doctor Fate is High Herald of course)...

Superman/Hal would be roughly equal (pending your opinion of the respective characters) to Thor/Surfer...

And, IMHO, you could make the argument that Strange is roughly equal to Fate...

Insane Titan
Dr Strange is above herald.

abhilegend
So is Fate.

TheLordofMurder
@ IT and abhi

Hmmm...maybe you two are right, but according to the tierings here at KMC, Strange is High Herald and Fate is Trans (I personally think they are about equal and should tier the same, but thats just me).

But lets forget that and assume you two are right and both are Trans...

In that case I'd replace Strange with Sersi and Fate with Firestorm; I think with Supes/Hal and Thor/Surfer you have enough brute force...so bringing in a character with great versatility is an excellent boon to both teams.

Sersi has a high degree of unkillablilty (she once protected the Avengers by transmuting everyone into adamantium) and Firestorm has some really good feats of matter/energy manip, so they'd be able to enhance their teams in a very positive way...

TheLordofMurder
2nd thought, give me Waverider over Firestorm...

Bonafide time manipulation is a rare and powerful ability; he could make the DC team very, very, difficult to beat...

Insane Titan
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
@ IT and abhi

Hmmm...maybe you two are right, but according to the tierings here at KMC, Strange is High Herald and Fate is Trans (I personally think they are about equal and should tier the same, but thats just me).

In that case I'd replace Strange with Sersi and Fate with Firestorm; I think with Supes/Hal and Thor/Surfer you have enough brute force...so bringing in a character with great versatility is an excellent boon to both teams.

Sersi has a high degree of unkillablilty (she once protected the Avengers by transmuting everyone into adamantium) and Firestorm has some really good feats of matter/energy manip, so they'd be able to enhance their teams in a very positive way... Strange is trans on the tier ranking isn't he, IIRC.

Blue Area Vet
D.C. Villainous:

Dark Flash, Cyborg Sups, Despero

Speed/time travel,virtual immortality/technopathology/physical stats, physical stats/psi

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Strange is trans on the tier ranking isn't he, IIRC.

You know, he used to be, but when the tierings were modified, people voted that he should be bumped down to High Herald...

I definitely dont agree with that decision, but thats what various posters here on KMC decided...

TheLordofMurder
D.C. Villainous:

Dark Flash, Cyborg Sups, Despero

Speed/time travel,virtual immortality/technopathology/physical stats, physical stats/psi

Excellent team... thumb up

riv6672
(I personally think they are about equal and should tier the same, but thats just me).
Thats not just you. They're equal.

Insane Titan
You know, he used to be, but when the tierings were modified, people voted that he should be bumped down to High Herald...

I definitely dont agree with that decision, but thats what various posters here on KMC decided... think that was during the Bendis era, since then he's got more powerful I thought.

Henry_Pym
Pymtron, isn't he brand new? Also
is SSH going to cooperate and not act stupid? Creative team, but I don't know about their effectiveness as a team. he came out a while ago, not many feats but he's an amalgam of two long standing characters.

That hype was on the Avengers without issue and both Ultron and Strange can mind control him if need be.

riv6672
^^^Heh, that explains so much.

beatboks
My Marvel team is
Hellstrom, Thor, and Shaman (Twoyoungman frm Alpha Flight not Nate Grey).

Why, because they're my three favorite Marvel Heralds

DC
Alan Scot, Dr Fate (inza as the only other fate i like is Kent and hes above Herald), Blue Devil (I know he's classified as mid meta on the tiers but given full powered his trident allows him to stomp GL's and hell lords)
Same reason really

beatboks
@ IT and abhi

Sersi has a high degree of unkillablilty (she once protected the Avengers by transmuting everyone into adamantium) and Firestorm has some really good feats of matter/energy manip, so they'd be able to enhance their teams in a very positive way...

Kent fate is trans but all others arent. The level of herald each is does vary IMHO.

i dont think Strange ever got a retcon but his showings post 75 is certainly below what he showed SA.

"Id"
For Marvel:
1 Photon (Genis) or Voidtry
2 Shaman X-Man
3 Dr. Strange

X-Man would be able to cure if not treat either Photon or Sentry. Which would in turn either extremely reliable muscle.

For DC:
1 Superman
2 White Lantern (Kyle)
3 Dr. Fate (Hector)

golem370
Sinestro Power, Leader Ship, Experience
Black Adam Magic Resistance versatility
Despero versatility

Horrificus
Thor
Dr. Strange
Quasar

riv6672
Why Quasar? Thats a dark horse pick is why i wonder.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.