RIP Gaming Systems

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
This is where you can write posts to you dearly departee gaming machines.

I'll start.

Goodbye, my dearest PS3, we've been through so much, you helped me through break-ups, arguments, and brought me some of the best gaming memories I could ever ask for, thank you so much.

Also, a note to Sony, thanks for making certain situations unfixable, and for bricking my PS3. (Yes, it is, by definition, without a doubt, bricked).

RIP Jmanghan's PS3 2009-2016.

I know this is a weird thread, but it partly helped me vent, the PS3 is the only console I have, and I can't afford another one.

I have my Vita, but gaming on that sours really fast.

Anyway, whoever goes next, can say goodbye to their most recently bricked/broken piece of video game hardware.

Kazenji
I guess i've been lucky, None of my gaming system's have died.

KingD19
I lost 2 PS2's to damage. All the rest of my systems were stolen, and my reliable ps1 and xbox were tossed out when we moved.

Smasandian
I had an Xbox 360 die (surprise!) and a Wii. And recently, my motherboard, CPU, RAM, and one HDD fail....which is basically a computer.

-Pr-
Never had a console die, but when my old Toshiba laptop died, it was a sad day. That thing crossed continents with me, and gave me hours of fun on Arkham Asylum, Dragon Age Origins and DOW's hero mode.

Jmanghan
You could also post how they died, as well.

My PS3 died yesterday, froze up during an installation of a system update.

The thing Sony forgot to mention is that Safe Mode is inaccessible during a system update, making it impossible to even format my system, and without a PC, or a working laptop, my PS3 is bricked, indefinitely.

I suppose its better then getting a red ring of death via Xbox 360. But not really, it sucks, especially considering I have over 50 games for it, 10 of which were brand new, and all those COUNTLESS Playstation Store Cards.

230 gigs of pure wonderment.

Jesus McBurger
I'm about to buy a ps4, the PS3 is starting to become more infested with modders, I hate modding

Smasandian
Originally posted by Jmanghan
You could also post how they died, as well.

My PS3 died yesterday, froze up during an installation of a system update.

The thing Sony forgot to mention is that Safe Mode is inaccessible during a system update, making it impossible to even format my system, and without a PC, or a working laptop, my PS3 is bricked, indefinitely.

I suppose its better then getting a red ring of death via Xbox 360. But not really, it sucks, especially considering I have over 50 games for it, 10 of which were brand new, and all those COUNTLESS Playstation Store Cards.

230 gigs of pure wonderment.

Maybe this would work.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Consoles-Peripherals/How-To-Resurrect-your-PS3-from-a-failed-firmware-update-Error/td-p/37484205

Jmanghan
No other hard drives, don't have a switch in the back, and I'm broke.

I don't even have enough money to buy some measly stuff from the dollar store.

I also don't have a job, yet.

PS3 Slims don't have backswitches.

Or at least, my 230gb model doesn't.

Astner
I always wanted one of those original PS3:s with backwards-comparability. But my PS2 and PS3 are both fully functional so it would be a complete waste to try to get my hands on one. Especially since they're either completely beat up or overpriced.

Smasandian
No other hard drives, don't have a switch in the back, and I'm broke.

I don't even have enough money to buy some measly stuff from the dollar store.

I also don't have a job, yet.

PS3 Slims don't have backswitches.

Or at least, my 230gb model doesn't.

I assume you have called Sony to find out if there is a way to fix your system?

walshy
maybe you could sell your ps3 games?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by walshy
maybe you could sell your ps3 games?

I'd rather get rid of my ps3 then a single one of my games.

There isn't a single bad game in my collection.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Astner
I always wanted one of those original PS3:s with backwards-comparability. But my PS2 and PS3 are both fully functional so it would be a complete waste to try to get my hands on one. Especially since they're either completely beat up or overpriced. And they have really low memory.

You'll be lucky if you even get to play 2 current-day games ON-DISC.

My friend/ex-girlfriend Michele's PS3 which had backwards compatibility couldn't even play AC4 or Skyrim.

It only had one movie downloaded (Free Willy 3, I think), and game saves, from which she only had a very small amount of games.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Smasandian
I assume you have called Sony to find out if there is a way to fix your system? I plan on doing that sooner or later.

Smasandian
And they have really low memory.

You'll be lucky if you even get to play 2 current-day games ON-DISC.

My friend/ex-girlfriend Michele's PS3 which had backwards compatibility couldn't even play AC4 or Skyrim.

It only had one movie downloaded (Free Willy 3, I think), and game saves, from which she only had a very small amount of games.

Only if you have the 20GB version of the PS3. Skyrim mandatory install for the PS3 was 5.5 GB's. There is space, you just need to delete something.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Smasandian
Only if you have the 20GB version of the PS3. Skyrim mandatory install for the PS3 was 5.5 GB's. There is space, you just need to delete something. I'd still go for the ones with the highest memory over backwards compatibility, and the newer ones have emulation for TONS of PS2 games.

Plus, the newer ones have backwards compatibility with every single PS1 game on disc.

cdtm
Originally posted by Kazenji
I guess i've been lucky, None of my gaming system's have died.

I lost a PSX, but outside of that I've been lucky.

I still play them to this day. **** di tching last gen every time you trade up, that's just stupid. (And anyone who does and buys an hd remake or psn/live/steam/gog port of a game they already owned and gave up is a sucker.)

Jmanghan
This is where you can write posts to you dearly departee gaming machines.

I'll start.

Goodbye, my dearest PS3, we've been through so much, you helped me through break-ups, arguments, and brought me some of the best gaming memories I could ever ask for, thank you so much.

Also, a note to Sony, thanks for making certain situations unfixable, and for bricking my PS3. (Yes, it is, by definition, without a doubt, bricked).

RIP Jmanghan's PS3 2009-2016.

I know this is a weird thread, but it partly helped me vent, the PS3 is the only console I have, and I can't afford another one.

I have my Vita, but gaming on that sours really fast.

Anyway, whoever goes next, can say goodbye to their most recently bricked/broken piece of video game hardware. Nvm, fixed it.

Legit was able to fix it despite it bricking.

While it was doing a system update, I took out the hard drive, then once it was approaching 100%, I put it back in.

Skipped right to 100%, and all my save data is still here.

Kazenji
Originally posted by cdtm

(And anyone who does and buys an hd remake or psn/live/steam/gog port of a game they already owned and gave up is a sucker.)

Well its good for those people who didn't play that said particular game last gen or a previous generation......that's about it.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well its good for those people who didn't play that said particular game last gen or a previous generation......that's about it. Or if their PS2 breaks and THEY NEED TO GET THE HD 1.5 KINGDOM HEARTS ****!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.