GOR THE GOD BUTCHER -Vs- THE JLA / AVENGERS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No Prep..
No B.F.R..
Dcnu..
Pre-Darksied war..

How far does Gor The God Butcher get on this list fighting everyone 1on1 ?

Can he clear the list?

Gor regains his health after each winning battle in order of 1 thru 10..

Every fight takes place in Metropolis..

Fight 1.

Vs. Aquaman

Fight 2.

Vs. Iron Man

Fight 3.

Vs. Shazam

Fight 4.

Vs. C.M Danvers

Fight 5.

Vs. Wonder Woman

Fight 6.

Vs. Hercules

Fight 7.

Vs. G.L Hal

Fight 8.

Vs. Lady Thor

Fight 9.

Vs. Blue Marvel

Fight 10.

Vs. Superman

Henry_Pym
He clears

h1a8
Superman would be hard to beat because of the speed difference. But Gorr definitely has the power to kill Superman.

He stops at WW though. The lasso and speed is key.

ShadowFyre
Gorr is ftl on panel and thats reaction speed. He was able to intercept two thors clearing light years in seconds by throwing pieces of moon at them. He clears this with ease.

carver9
Clears.

deathslash
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Gorr is ftl on panel and thats reaction speed. He was able to intercept two thors clearing light years in seconds by throwing pieces of moon at them. He clears this with ease. thumb up that's also without mentioning that several of the members of this gauntlet that gain their powers from gods.

Damborgson
At the end of his career he's above all of them

SSJGGogeta
Stops at 3

deathslash
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Stops at 3 seriously bro. Do you even know what you're talking about?

Adam Grimes
Gorr eats them.

h1a8
Gorr is ftl on panel and thats reaction speed. He was able to intercept two thors clearing light years in seconds by throwing pieces of moon at them. He clears this with ease. Space is huge, especially light years. Reactions is based off time, not speed.
If time isn't known then we use both speed and distance to determine it.
If it took Thor's seconds to travel then Gorr only has second reflexes (not ftl reflexes).

If you disagree then think of this scenario.
Light takes 8 minutes to go from the Sun to Earth. So if you (a human) are traveling at 1200 times the speed of light (ftl) towards the Sun from Earth then you would need only 0.4 of a second to react. Humans can react up to 0.2 of a second. So does that mean humans have ftl reactions because they reacted to something moving at ftl speed towards them? No.

You see, speed doesn't equal reactions, time does.
Time = distance /speed.

NemeBro
Originally posted by h1a8
Space is huge, especially light years. Reactions is based off time, not speed.
If it took Thor's seconds to travel then Gorr only has second reflexes (not ftl reflexes).

Light takes 8 minutes to go from the Sun to Earth. So if you (a human) are traveling at 1200 times the speed of light (ftl) towards the Sun from Earth then you would need only 0.4 of a second to react. Humans can react up to 0.2 of a second. So does that mean humans have ftl reactions because they reacted to something moving at ftl speed towards them? No.

Time = distance /speed. The key difference being that Gorr wasn't moving at those speeds, the Thors were, and that they are considerably smaller than the sun. You would need the ability to track two human-sized objects moving faster than the speed of light and react accordingly to their movements to hit them with an attack.

SSJGGogeta
Space is huge, especially light years. Reactions is based off time, not speed.

Time = distance /speed.

^ This

In terms of power, I'd put Gor above most on this list. But they'd be strong enough to hurt him, and too fast for him to beat. At least that's the way I see it. I'm open to new info though.

deathlife
He clears this.

DarkSaint85
Clears.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by NemeBro
The key difference being that Gorr wasn't moving at those speeds, the Thors were, and that they are considerably smaller than the sun. You would need the ability to track two human-sized objects moving faster than the speed of light and react accordingly to their movements to hit them with an attack.

But he still hit two mansized objects traveling multiple times ftl? So he can track and react at those speeds. He clears. Old King Thor would clear this list easily. No reason Gorr shouldnts.

Decter
Clears

Utrigita
Clears.

DarkSaint85
Gorr is ftl on panel and thats reaction speed. He was able to intercept two thors clearing light years in seconds by throwing pieces of moon at them. He clears this with ease.

In this gauntlet, by the time he gets to WW, he would have already beaten Shazam.

So he would be even further amped, by Billy's gods.

abhilegend
So its reverse Golgo trend now, eh?

h1a8
The key difference being that Gorr wasn't moving at those speeds, the Thors were, and that they are considerably smaller than the sun. You would need the ability to track two human-sized objects moving faster than the speed of light and react accordingly to their movements to hit them with an attack. That's a sensory feat, not a reaction feat. Gorr reacted after seconds of them traveling. How that he was able to see detect them is irrelevant.

For future reference. Ftl reflexes is the ability to react in less than a nanosecond.

Khazra Reborn
Gorr stomps, Superman being the only challenge.

the Darkone
Clears

tkitna
Clears. There is no challenge there.

h1a8
Gorr would have a serious problem with WW. She has a lasso.

Henry_Pym
The 3 Thor's had 2 Mjoinir and a low skyfather...

DarkSaint85
Gorr would have a serious problem with WW. She has a lasso.

And he would be amped.

NemeBro
That's a sensory feat, not a reaction feat. No, it's both. He has to be able to hit them, you see. And to be able to hit them from that distance while they were moving at faster than light speeds he would need to be able to throw them at similar speeds, or else they would have avoided it entirely.

Do do you think we should assume he just perfectly predicted exactly where they would be moving at that speed using his nanosecond perception time while arbitrarily lacking similar reaction-time, and threw the rubble at much slower than light speeds at just the right time to intercept him? Yeah I guess we could do that.

Or, we could not be stupid piss-drinking retards and apply occam's razor to reason that Gorr was quick enough to intercept them.

DarkSaint85
Gorr senses where WW will be, and punches her.

NemeBro
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Gorr senses where WW will be, and punches her. He'll just come up with a mathematical equation in his head to predict exactly where she will be moving at her current speed and throw his punch before she even gets there. It's genius.

DarkSaint85
He'll just come up with a mathematical equation in his head to predict exactly where she will be moving at her current speed and throw his punch before she even gets there. It's genius.

Gorr-Sense.

deathslash
No, it's both. He has to be able to hit them, you see. And to be able to hit them from that distance while they were moving at faster than light speeds he would need to be able to throw them at similar speeds, or else they would have avoided it entirely.

Do do you think we should assume he just perfectly predicted exactly where they would be moving at that speed using his nanosecond perception time while arbitrarily lacking similar reaction-time, and threw the rubble at much slower than light speeds at just the right time to intercept him? Yeah I guess we could do that.

Or, we could not be stupid piss-drinking retards and apply occam's razor to reason that Gorr was quick enough to intercept them. aaaannnd....... saved.

h1a8
No, it's both. He has to be able to hit them, you see. And to be able to hit them from that distance while they were moving at faster than light speeds he would need to be able to throw them at similar speeds, or else they would have avoided it entirely.

Or, we could not be stupid piss-drinking retards and apply occam's razor to reason that Gorr was quick enough to intercept them. they were traveling in a straight line directly towards him. There is no missing, not even for a human. Remember, they were traveling for many seconds IN A STRAIGHT LINE. So Gorr can take his time and launch rocks at them when they reach 1 second away. We can't go by someone else's lack of reactions to prove how fast the attacking character was moving. Surfer, Superman, spidey, etc has been hit by shit far slower than their reactions should prevent. So rhino or Colossus hitting Spidey doesn't mean they were traveling faster than a bullet.

Finally, character just doesn't instantly obtain a speed. They accelerate/decelerate. So when Thor is coming close to his destination he must slow down before stopping.

Originally posted by deathslash
aaaannnd....... saved. not quite yet lol
Happy Dance

ShadowFyre
Yeah, because Thor slows down all the time when hes bullrushing people hammer first. They were pressing the attack after Old Thor knocked him light years away. Gorr was fighting 3 Thors that were written the way High Heralds and up were supposed to be written. Busting planetoids from thousands of miles away and zipping across Galaxies.

Gorr himself isnt shit. The Necrosword is. The only person a debate can even be made for is Supermans high end showings.oWAW and all that. We havent even brought in all the millions and billions of berserkers he can create at a whim. They are fodder, but will slow opponents down enough to more than equalize the speed difference.

h1a8
Yeah, because Thor slows down all the time when hes bullrushing people hammer first. They were pressing the attack after Old Thor knocked him light years away. Gorr was fighting 3 Thors that were written the way High Heralds and up were supposed to be written. Busting planetoids from thousands of miles away and zipping across Galaxies.

Gorr himself isnt shit. The Necrosword is. The only person a debate can even be made for is Supermans high end showings.oWAW and all that. We havent even brought in all the millions and billions of berserkers he can create at a whim. They are fodder, but will slow opponents down enough to more than equalize the speed difference. Thor hit Gorr literally a gazillion times. WW being able to lasso him should be child's play. Not once did you hear me argue that WW can beat him straight up. She can't. The lasso is a hax weapon. She can beat characters far out of her league with it.

celeyhyga17
Thor hit Gorr literally a gazillion times.
Prove it.

deathslash
Thor hit Gorr literally a gazillion times. WW being able to lasso him should be child's play. Not once did you hear me argue that WW can beat him straight up. She can't. The lasso is a hax weapon. She can beat characters far out of her league with it. I'd like to know, has the lasso held anyone as powerful as gorr in the new 52?

h1a8
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Prove it. a gazillion is a made up number to mean a lot of times. Thor was constantly bashing on Gorr for a good amount of time.

celeyhyga17
a gazillion is a made up number to mean a lot of times. Thor was constantly bashing on Gorr for a good amount of time.
What's a good amount?

ShadowFyre
There was never any time stated. In fact, the whole thing could havebonly take seconds as one panel Gorr was hit so hard bybyoung Thor it created a portal and then Thor was on him.

ShadowFyre
There was also never any number of hits stated unless your claiming Thor can swing a gazillion times in a matter of seconds. No one has yet to come up with a single good reason why Gorr loses a single match. Outclassed in speed? A gazillion berzerkers will take care of that problem. Gorr takes this entire gauntlet at the same time.

h1a8
There was also never any number of hits stated unless your claiming Thor can swing a gazillion times in a matter of seconds. No one has yet to come up with a single good reason why Gorr loses a single match. Outclassed in speed? A gazillion berzerkers will take care of that problem. Gorr takes this entire gauntlet at the same time. I defined a gazillion. It is not a specific number but slang to mean a lot of times. WW is insanely faster than Gorr. Gorr showed no super speed above Spidey level. He won't be able to prevent being lassoed up.

carver9
I wasn't impressed with the speed showings in the Gorr arc but I see no reason he shouldn't stomp here.

Sin I AM
He could probably take em all on alone.

deathslash
I'd like to know, has the lasso held anyone as powerful as gorr in the new 52? said it once, might as well say it again

h1a8
Gorr is not physically stronger than Superman. He is durable as hell and has a powerful weapon. But If the lasso bounds him then he doesn't have the strength to break out.

The lasso is a hax weapon. Why ignore that fact?

80sBaby
Gorr may not be physically stronger than Superman, however, since he's absorbed the powers of entire pantheons, I'd say he's definitely more powerful and should be able to overcome the lasso.

h1a8
Originally posted by 80sBaby
Gorr may not be physically stronger than Superman, however, since he's absorbed the powers of entire pantheons, I'd say he's definitely more powerful and should be able to overcome the lasso. He would have to physically break the lasso to overcome it. This is significantly more than Superman level strength we are talking. What proof do we have that he has greater than Superman level strength when he never portrayed it. As far as I'm concerned the majority of his power is in his durabilty and ability to pierce very durable characters and kill them.

celeyhyga17
He would have to physically break the lasso to overcome it. This is significantly more than Superman level strength we are talking. What proof do we have that he has greater than Superman level strength when he never portrayed it. As far as I'm concerned the majority of his power is in his durabilty and ability to pierce very durable characters and kill them.
His Annihiblade has held two Mjolnirs in place.

Galan007
said it once, might as well say it again It held First Born. /shrug

80sBaby
First Born is not equal to 2 Skyfather level weapons.

And ge doesn't have to physically overcome it. Power levels do matter in terms of overcoming magical forces not just physical strength.

Galan007
He asked who the most powerful being the lasso has held is. If First Born isn't the most powerful, he's definitely up there considering he treated Gods(both Olympians and New Gods) like fodder at times.

IOW, he asked a question; I gave an answer. smile

leonidas
and that's why no one likes you. sneer

SquallX
First Born was also able to hold a Boom Tue open with his bear hands.

Anadrol1
WW is not stopping Gorr. Lol

h1a8
Originally posted by Anadrol1
WW is not stopping Gorr. Lol You right, the lasso is.

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
and that's why no one likes you. sneer The hatred fuels me.

herbhappy

deathslash
You right, the lasso is. gorr will have amped off of killing Billy and aquaman by the time that he gets to her.

h1a8
gorr will have amped off of killing Billy and aquaman by the time that he gets to her. billy and aquaman combined can't break the lasso. And Gorrs amping is mostly used for durability, not strength. Otherwise Gorr would have shown significant strength difference between him and Thor since he killed many Thor's and other gods before him.

Sin I AM
billy and aquaman combined can't break the lasso. And Gorrs amping is mostly used for durability, not strength. Otherwise Gorr would have shown significant strength difference between him and Thor since he killed many Thor's and other gods before him.

Can u prove this

h1a8
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Can u prove this prove what? I made several statements.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.