intelligence: Tony vs. T'challa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SWblayde938
can one really argue that Tony is smarter than T'challa

i see it like this

the top 2 smartest human minds in the marvel universe are Reed and Doom

1. Reed/Doom
2. Doom/Reed

and the 3rd smartest man is T'challa

yet my friend, who agrees that reed and doom are number 1 and 2 as well, argues that Tony should be number 3

but T'challa is often Reed''s go to science buddy

he recently cured galactus

Wakandian tech is miles ahead of Stark tech

etc.
can someone really argue that Tony is smarter than T'challa

Surtur
Yes the tech of Wakanda is miles ahead of Stark Tech, but that actually tells us very little about how smart BP is.

With all that said if the guy has cured Galactus then yeah I would say overall he is smarter.

tkitna
And yet Tony walks and flies around in a suit that can destroy T'challa in any random encounter. Strange isnt it?

Surtur
Yeah, but it's not like Reed Richards walks around decked out in god-like tech either. He'd get slapped down by a whole bunch of people in a random encounter.

tkitna
Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah, but it's not like Reed Richards walks around decked out in god-like tech either. He'd get slapped down by a whole bunch of people in a random encounter.

This is true. I think they're all dumb asses now that you mention it.

SWblayde938
Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah, but it's not like Reed Richards walks around decked out in god-like tech either. He'd get slapped down by a whole bunch of people in a random encounter. good point

Shabazz916
Originally posted by tkitna
And yet Tony walks and flies around in a suit that can destroy T'challa in any random encounter. Strange isnt it?

Becuz tony has no other options. Bp does

riv6672
BP has an entire country's resources (scientifically and magically) to back up any ideas he has.
He may think "i need a teleportation option in this suit". Then his people make it happen.
Tony thinks of a new armor update, HE makes it happen.
Tony is smarter.

SWblayde938
Originally posted by riv6672
BP has an entire country's resources (scientifically and magically) to back up any ideas he has.
He may think "i need a teleportation option in this suit". Then his people make it happen.
Tony thinks of a new armor update, HE makes it happen.
Tony is smarter. so even with t'challa recent feats of curing galactus and outsmarting god doom

do you think tony still has greater overall feats

DarkSaint85
T'Challa used his Kimiyo card, which isn't his own personal invention. Used the Wakandan teleporter, also not his personal invention. Had aid from Blue Marvel, amongst others. Outsmarting Doom was a group effort.

Vanguard
Originally posted by tkitna

He wouldn't get torn apart in his vibranium suit. Tchalla will be wearing it again in his upcoming solo series.

riv6672
Originally posted by SWblayde938
so even with t'challa recent feats of curing galactus and outsmarting god doom

do you think tony still has greater overall feats

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
T'Challa used his Kimiyo card, which isn't his own personal invention. Used the Wakandan teleporter, also not his personal invention. Had aid from Blue Marvel, amongst others. Outsmarting Doom was a group effort.

VanMae

Yeah. Frankly it just feels like phenomenal intelligence is more Stark's "thing" than it is BP's. BP's thing seems to be having the world's best support-staff. He's got a country worth of military force and scientific teams and spy networks. The combined effect is almost like having a genie at his beck and call.

riv6672
And there's nothing wrong with that. He's damn good at what he does.

StiltmanFTW
And then he attacks people with comments like: "your battle suit armor, I made it when I was 8" stick out tongue

SWblayde938
it just confuses me why Reed always picks T'challa as his science buddy and not Tony, if Tony is more intelligent than T'challa like you guys say

DarkSaint85
Tchalla is smart, no doubt about it.

He also brings with him technology and resources from the most advanced civilisation on earth, plus magic.

riv6672
it just confuses me why Reed always picks T'challa as his science buddy and not Tony, if Tony is more intelligent than T'challa like you guys say

Personal preference.
Not to beat a dead horse, but BP and Reed are both douche nozzles; they get along.
Plus BP has, as was pointed out, vast resources for Reed to tap, and BP i'm sure benefits from Reed's inventions.

VanMae
BP began in Fantastic Four, and is an FF side-character when he doesn't have his own book, it's as simple as that.

SWblayde938
Tchalla is smart, no doubt about it.

He also brings with him technology and resources from the most advanced civilisation on earth, plus magic. thats the thing that i was arguing

if stark is smarter than t'challa shouldn't tony have technology on the level of wakanda

riv6672
If it were that simple Thanos'd still be an Iron Man villain. wink

DarkSaint85
No.

You're comparing one guy to an entire advanced civilisation, NOT TChalla.

SWblayde938
No.

You're comparing one guy to an entire advanced civilisation, NOT TChalla.

would it be fair to say that Tony outclasses T'challa and every Wakanda scientist/engineer on an individual base

but is roughly even to them when all of wakanda's intellect works together?

Shabazz916
If you judging intelligence judge them by what they are not masters of.

riv6672
Interested to see where this might go now that the OP has been answered.

Henry_Pym
Pym would smack either down with ease in a prep war.

3rd smartest... Hell Banner has a better chance or even McCoy

riv6672
Way to say absolutely nothing relevant to the topic at hand.
Surprised it took this long.

Genii96
Tony is smarter than BP...reed admitted that the difference in intelligence between him and tony was fractional,but that tony could multitask a lot better than he could,

SWblayde938
isn't there a scan were Reed admits that Tony can do things the other's cant while talking to the illuminati

and i also believe there is a scan were T'challa said himself and the collective genius of Wakanda can't match Tony

deathslash
Originally posted by Genii96
Tony is smarter than BP...reed admitted that the difference in intelligence between him and tony was fractional,but that tony could multitask a lot better than he could, almost everyone can multitasking better than him though.

SWblayde938
Originally posted by deathslash
almost everyone can multitasking better than him though. but tony is the "world's greatest multitasker"

deathslash
but tony is the "world's greatest multitasker" your point is? The guy's been outsmarted by t'challa (it's happened multiple times), banner, pym, etc. By the way, pym is the third smartest and then there shouldn't be any particular order to who's the smartest after that.

SWblayde938
your point is? The guy's been outsmarted by t'challa (it's happened multiple times), banner, pym, etc. By the way, pym is the third smartest and then there shouldn't be any particular order to who's the smartest after that. what are pym's best feats?

Genii96
Judging from reed's assessment on stark,I'd place him at 2nd....

VanMae
your point is? The guy's been outsmarted by t'challa (it's happened multiple times),

Always with huge asterisks, like Panther having help from a future version of himself who had both future knowledge and telepathy. It should be noted that when Panther needed something scientific done in the Phoenix story, he snaped Stark out of his funk and got him on the case, rather than doing the scientific work himself.

deathslash
what are pym's best feats? creating ultron (who is pretty much a robotic version of pym without the morals), creating (or was it discovering? ) pym particles, discovering microverses, creating a time activated message to himself in the future that would return the memories that he had wiped from his brain so that he could beat ultron on a specific day, creating on the fly weapons, etc. You should really ask pymftw about this as he knows way more about pym than I do.Originally posted by VanMae
Always with huge asterisks, like Panther having help from a future version of himself who had both future knowledge and telepathy. It should be noted that when Panther needed something scientific done in the Phoenix story, he snaped Stark out of his funk and got him on the case, rather than doing the scientific work himself. what should really be noted is that stark only really specializes in the field of science. Meanwhile, BP also expands into the field of magic.

VanMae
creating ultron (who is pretty much a robotic version of pym without the morals), creating (or was it discovering? ) pym particles,

He didn't so much create Ultron as he did a really bad job of reverse-engineering Dragon-Man. He had a robot that could be mistaken for a living being, and reverse engineered a clunky garbage-can looking thing.

And yes Pym Particles are a discovery rather than an invention. What he did was more on the level of discovering radiation than inventing something.

8swords
OP said confused who the 3rd smartest Marvel character is.

going for pym xD

deathslash
Originally posted by VanMae
He didn't so much create Ultron as he did a really bad job of reverse-engineering Dragon-Man. He had a robot that could be mistaken for a living being, and reverse engineered a clunky garbage-can looking thing.

And yes Pym Particles are a discovery rather than an invention. What he did was more on the level of discovering radiation than inventing something. his Ai design is based off of dragon man, but his intelligence and brainwaves were a direct result of pym. What he did with pym particles goes far beyond just discovering them though. He figured out how to utilize them as a tool for both exploration and a weapon. He also crated a helmet that allows him to control insects, created wasp's wings, the quin jet iirc, ragnarok, and various other devices.

Magnon
T'challa is smarter than Tony. Heck, he's much smarter than Galactus, even.

I mean, Galactus has angsted for eons about being forced to consume billions of living souls, yet he couldn't find a solution to it. BP on the other hand, casually removed Galactus' hunger while only having a few scattered pieces of information available, supplemented by some hunches. Whereas Galactus himself of course has full information about his own physiology and history.

T'challa >> Galactus > Reed (by his own admission) >> Tony

basilisk
Originally posted by Magnon

I mean, Galactus has angsted for eons about being forced to consume billions of living souls, yet he couldn't find a solution to it. BP on the other hand, casually removed Galactus' hunger while only having a few scattered pieces of information available, supplemented by some hunches. Whereas Galactus himself of course has full information about his own physiology and history.

T'challa >> Galactus > Reed (by his own admission) >> Tony Well Reed was able to on the fly design a machine that turned Galactus back into an ordinary mortal human being. That's comics for you.

riv6672

This post is a season 6 level SNL skit of ridonculousness.

SWblayde938

T'challa >> Galactus > Reed (by his own admission) >> Tony guys

is this a troll post?

80sBaby
I assume the OP means purely scientific/engineering intelligence. In which case, Tony is smarter than T'Challa.

Overall, I'd say T'Challa is smarter (as in he has a higher IQ and much wider knowledge base) than Tony.

riv6672
^^^Reason. The voice of.

Galan007
Where scientific/build feats are concerned, Tony > T'Challa... And I really don't think it's very close at all, tbh. Hell, Reed himself wanked the bejesus out of Tony's genius...

Here Reed states that he is only 'fractionally' smarter than Tony where single tasks are concerned, but goes on to say that Tony is the smartest there is when multiple tasks need addressed at the same time:
http://i.imgur.com/JHEvi0m.jpg
"Mister Stark, on the other hand, is this world's greatest multitasker..."

This is likely why Tony was able to school Reed at multiple games of chess simultaneously:
http://i.imgur.com/ipe4bRQ.jpg

Reed later says that Tony is the best builder there is. Period.:
http://i.imgur.com/YcYhPJh.jpg
"There's no one --absolutely NO ONE-- who can do the things he does..."

In fact, Tony hypothesizes that the only reason Reed is smarter than himself is because Reed's powers allow him to make his brain(and intellect) physically larger as it suits him:
http://i.imgur.com/nuMc50V.jpg

riv6672
^^^oh that just puts the cap on this thread. Too sweet.

SWblayde938
Originally posted by 80sBaby
I assume the OP means purely scientific/engineering intelligence. In which case, Tony is smarter than T'Challa.

Overall, I'd say T'Challa is smarter (as in he has a higher IQ and much wider knowledge base) than Tony. having a wilder knowledge base doesn't necessary mean you are smarter then someone that specializes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.