World Breaker Hulk VS PIS/CIS Free Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ghostman
Thor is fighting smart here, can he beat hulk 10/10 times while using his abilities to there fullest?

carver9
Thor bfr him 10/10.

ShadowFyre
Beat World Breaker Hulk? Well, BFR,Soul Suck and options like that are on table. Winds of a Thousand Worlds etc. But if WBH tags him its gonna go downhill from there for Thor. But no pis cis, Thor has more options than most to win.

Facee
Knowing Thor he'll try to brawl.

ghostman
Originally posted by Facee
Knowing Thor he'll try to brawl.

thats what i was thinking too.

ghostman
Originally posted by carver9
Thor bfr him 10/10.

nah, this strongest version of hulk ever, if bfr didnt work here

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/HULK2014001-int-LR3-4-9c5ae.jpg

what makes you think this even STRONGER hulk would be susceptible to it?

ShadowFyre
The Hulk isnt immune to teleportation. Not from Mjolnir. Thor has teleported The Hulk and entire teams of Avengers and enemies before without them even noticing.

ghostman
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
The Hulk isnt immune to teleportation. Not from Mjolnir. Thor has teleported The Hulk and entire teams of Avengers and enemies before without them even noticing.
that weaker hulk, this strongest version of hulk, listen.

h1a8
WBH wins easily. A Thunderclap ends it before Thor can do anything.

Henry_Pym
Because he melted a Wendigo? Lol

carver9
What being can melt Wendigo with an indirect hit? When you name that being, provide scans.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by h1a8
WBH wins easily. A Thunderclap ends it before Thor can do anything.

But before MJOLNIR can do anything?

Moreoever, not sure how a thunderclap would work against one of the premier energy manipulators in comics.

h1a8
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
But before MJOLNIR can do anything?

Moreoever, not sure how a thunderclap would work against one of the premier energy manipulators in comics. Thunderclap is more than light energy, it's a Shockwave (vibration of air) that causes tremendous concussive damage. Also Mjolnir can only absorb stored energy or only the portion of energy from a beam that hits its frontal cross section. If a beam has larger area than the front cross section of Mjolnir then Thor will get hit by a portion of the beam.

So this is two things.

zopzop
What being can melt Wendigo with an indirect hit? When you name that being, provide scans.
You know Carvster, I used to doubt you concerning WBH. But looking back, you're right. He's at least Trans level.

IMHO, he'd crush Classic Thor with or without PIS/CIS.

DarkSaint85
Thunderclap is more than light energy, it's a Shockwave (vibration of air) that causes tremendous concussive damage. Also Mjolnir can only absorb stored energy or only the portion of energy from a beam that hits its frontal cross section. If a beam has larger area than the front cross section of Mjolnir then Thor will get hit by a portion of the beam.

So this is two things.

I know its more than light energy. But Mjolnir does not just manipulate light.

Also, Mjolnir can draw energy towards itself. So the size is meaningless.

ShadowFyre
Mjolnir absorbs all forms of energy. Anyway BFR or Thor dies.

h1a8
I know its more than light energy. But Mjolnir does not just manipulate light.

Also, Mjolnir can draw energy towards itself. So the size is meaningless. You didn't get all of my post. I already knew that you were thinking this long before. That's why I said, "Mjolnir can only absorb stored energy.", like from a battery or bomb. It hasn't been proven to manipulate energy beams with more frontal area than Mjolnir's front blocking side. Actually, the evidence leans towards it not being able to. Thor can block energy with larger area than the side of Mjolnir's head, but he has to do so by spinning Mjolnir in a circle (this creates a larger area to block). But unfortunately, this area doesn't cover his entire body.

h1a8
Mjolnir absorbs all forms of energy. Anyway BFR or Thor dies. It can't absorb the kinetic energy of a punch striking him in the face.

ShadowFyre
Got ya. Same as caps shield would work if writers didnt conveniently ignore physics lol. I wont argue with that man considering its a thunderclap and not a energy blast or whatnot. Anyway, I think everyone agrees Thor can onlybwin via bfr or other exotic nature.

DarkSaint85
You didn't get all of my post. I already knew that you were thinking this long before. That's why I said, "Mjolnir can only absorb stored energy.", like from a battery or bomb. It hasn't been proven to manipulate energy beams with more frontal area than Mjolnir's front blocking side. Actually, the evidence leans towards it not being able to. Thor can block energy with larger area than the side of Mjolnir's head, but he has to do so by spinning Mjolnir in a circle (this creates a larger area to block). But unfortunately, this area doesn't cover his entire body.

True, dat.

Thor just drains all the energy out of the Hulk.

Adam Grimes
Thot godblasts him from the sky. Or drains him. Or bfrs him. Or eats him.

h1a8
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Thot godblasts him from the sky. Or drains him. Or bfrs him. Or eats him. Hulk thunderclaps the moment the bell rings. The Godblast won't even tickle WBH. If you disagree then I have a simple proof of why not.

Thor can't obtain more than battle distance from Hulk. So Thor will always be in range of Hulk's thunderclap.

DarkSaint85
Thor drains the the moment the bell rings.

Or just open a portal to send the thunderclap harmlessly away.

h1a8
Thor drains the the moment the bell rings.

Or just open a portal to send the thunderclap harmlessly away. What's the top distance range on Thor draining abilities and what is the rate? I believe WBH can send out a thunderclap before the draining process starts. Plus Hulk goes from banner to WB almost instantly. This means that Hulk can probably gain energy faster than Thor can drain him. What organic beings have Thor drained of energy anyway?

Finally, Thor can't start the fight draining and created a portal. He has to choose. He's not going to know what Hulk is going to do the moment the bell rings. He just can't assume Hulk is going to bust out a thunderclap.

DarkSaint85
What's the top distance range on Thor draining abilities and what is the rate? I believe WBH can send out a thunderclap before the draining process starts. Plus Hulk goes from banner to WB almost instantly. This means that Hulk can probably gain energy faster than Thor can drain him. What organic beings have Thor drained of energy anyway?

Finally, Thor can't start the fight draining and created a portal. He has to choose. He's not going to know what Hulk is going to do the moment the bell rings. He just can't assume Hulk is going to bust out a thunderclap.

Distance? Over satellites in orbit around Earth:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir202.jpg

Rate? Pretty quick

Organic?
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir189-EnergyAbsorptionv244.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir131-ReverseEnchantmentAv.jpg

Also, Kang.

Fine.

Bell rings, he freezes time:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir74-TimeFreeze198.jpg

THEN he decides what to do. WBH has been shown to be vulnerable to timestop before.

h1a8
Distance? Over satellites in orbit around Earth:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir202.jpg

Rate? Pretty quick

Organic?
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir189-EnergyAbsorptionv244.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir131-ReverseEnchantmentAv.jpg

Also, Kang.

Fine.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir74-TimeFreeze198.jpg

THEN he decides what to do. WBH has been shown to be vulnerable to timestop before. The first scan doesn't show draining energy from satellites. It shows him striking them with lightning.

The second scan doesn't show the process being fast. The being actually talks while Thor is doing it. Plus I don't know the circumstances of the feat. It could be a particular energy the being gained and Thor merely repossessed it back. I need to read the comic. Which issue is it?

The third scan seems valid. Still slow though. How did the wrecking crew get their power back after this? But this is magical enchantment power. Can Thor drain non magical enchantment energy of an organic being? Kang is technology like iron man. I have a hard time seeing Thor draining Odin, Thanos, or even Surfer even if he tried.

Thor doesn't have time control anymore. Chronis removed that ability from Mjolnir. Plus that ability isn't instant. It takes seconds to achieve.

Hulk is very fast. He could probably thunderclap in less than a hundredth of a second. This is faster than any exotic thing Thor can do.

golem370
Hulk could blitz Thor no joke he can attack people flying with jumping at them so fast to surprise them he has surprised people with his moving speed before.

carver9
Thor gets blitzed as soon as the bell ring. Hulk is that fast and if anyone needs scans of Hulk blitzing Thor, let me know.

ghostman
Thor gets blitzed as soon as the bell ring. Hulk is that fast and if anyone needs scans of Hulk blitzing Thor, let me know.

jesus really? thats pathetic lol. post em up my man.

ShadowFyre
And Thor can blitz Hulk. Dont act like its a one way street Carver. But in this scenario Hulk would get the "blitz" off first as he only has to bring his hands together and it would take a second for Thor to get up to luminal velocities. Anybody with even low herald strength should be able to jump or run thousands of mph I would think.

h1a8
A thunderclap will end it though. Or a stomp to the ground.

zopzop
Fine.

THEN he decides what to do. WBH has been shown to be vulnerable to timestop before.
He hasn't had that ability for decades. Kang or Immortus or whoever it was got rid of it somehow.

Damborgson
Thor goes into the air then super charges Mjolnir and throws it at Hulk at hundreds of times the speed of light.

Or he rips the energy glowing around out from him and dusts him when he multiplies its power by a factor of 10.

Or he opens a portal to a star and watches hulk get sucked into it.

golem370
While he is going into the air Hulk jumps at him hitting him with a body break punch or thunderclaps him knocking Thor out.

Damborgson
Thor would be moving faster than any shockwave Hulk can create, and he's more maneuverable than any jump the hulk can make.

Hulk's not winning regardless, but the fight would be even worse if he ended up in the air, he'd be gently lifted by wind then put into a storm so intense he wouldn't be able to move, then assaulted by so much lightning he'd turn back to Banner.

Damborgson
No seriously, his storms are ****ing crazy thumb up

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir69-Storm188.jpg

carver9
Hulk has dodged Mjlonir on too many occasions for it to be an auto win.

Damborgson
These are different stips thankfully, he's never dodged at these speeds.

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
No seriously, his storms are ****ing crazy thumb up

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir69-Storm188.jpg

Thor swinging his hammer around like that against someone who wouldn't even feel that breeze would get him killed.

carver9
These are different stips thankfully, he's never dodged at these speeds.

What speeds would a pissed Thor throw his hammer at?

carver9
Thor would be moving faster than any shockwave Hulk can create, and he's more maneuverable than any jump the hulk can make.

Hulk's not winning regardless, but the fight would be even worse if he ended up in the air, he'd be gently lifted by wind then put into a storm so intense he wouldn't be able to move, then assaulted by so much lightning he'd turn back to Banner.

Wind isn't moving Hulk. Wouldn't even lift him off the ground and I'm sure his aura around him is more devastating.

Khazra Reborn
Pfft, with no PIS Thor phucks up people like Glory, Hulk's a walk in the park.

carver9
With no PIS on weaker versions of Hulk overpower Abstracts and punch trans tier plus to dust. WBH aura turns Thor into rabbit meat.

Khazra Reborn
Hulk doesn't do shit. He gets beat up monkies, when Thor is out at the end of creation ruining Beyonders.

carver9
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Hulk doesn't do shit. He gets beat up monkies, when Thor is out at the end of creation ruining Beyonders.

Wolverine...Mongoose.

Damborgson
What speeds would a pissed Thor throw his hammer at? Easily, easily, easily dozens of times the speed of light.

Wind isn't moving Hulk. Wouldn't even lift him off the ground and I'm sure his aura around him is more devastating.

Well I'm talking about if he were to jump into the air, he'd be picked up whether he liked it or not.

But even on the ground, it's not like he'd have a choice, Thor would rip the Earth he's standing on into the air with him.

Thor swinging his hammer around like that against someone who wouldn't even feel that breeze would get him killed.

Oh he'd feel it, considering he wasn't on Earth yet devastated it regardless.

Damborgson
With no PIS on weaker versions of Hulk overpower Abstracts and punch trans tier plus to dust. WBH aura turns Thor into rabbit meat.

Thor has arguably the greatest energy damage soak of his class, his punches might pulverize him but his auras not doing anything.

carver9
Easily, easily, easily dozens of times the speed of light.

Well I'm talking about if he were to jump into the air, he'd be picked up whether he liked it or not.

But even on the ground, it's not like he'd have a choice, Thor would rip the Earth he's standing on into the air with him.

Oh he'd feel it, considering he wasn't on Earth yet devastated it regardless.

Hulk dodged a hammer throw from a pissed Thor.

He wouldn't feel it. This is a guy who didn't budge from an amped Fing Fang who was given 17 Hercules power and a guy who didn't budge from an amped Wendigo, Bi Beast and Arm pounding on him. Hell, he didn't move from Red She Hulk punching him in the face or a planet exploding on him. I feel safe at saying, he would dive straight through that wind and punch Thor head clean off by mistake.

carver9
Thor has arguably the greatest energy damage soak of his class, his punches might pulverize him but his auras not doing anything.

Thor isn't tanking it.

ghostman
Thor isn't tanking it.

where are those hulk blitzing thor scans?

carver9
Originally posted by ghostman

Ill post them when I get home.

Damborgson
Thor isn't tanking it.

Why? He's taken better. Easily taken better, and he's never going to be that close to Hulk anyway.

Also, I'm not sure what's so special about the Aura that makes you think it's going to hurt Thor? I mean it made some strong guys back off, but that's it.

Damborgson
Hulk dodged a hammer throw from a pissed Thor.

He wouldn't feel it. This is a guy who didn't budge from an amped Fing Fang who was given 17 Hercules power and a guy who didn't budge from an amped Wendigo, Bi Beast and Arm pounding on him. Hell, he didn't move from Red She Hulk punching him in the face or a planet exploding on him. I feel safe at saying, he would dive straight through that wind and punch Thor head clean off by mistake.

Not at that speed he didn't, this isn't your typical fight, pretty much anyone besides Surfer and Superman are in deep shit against this kind of Thor.

None of those are even remotely comparable to this power, it's not a punch, he can't dodge it, he can't fight it, it's relentless and it'll pick him up and rag doll him, and the earth around him. It's part of Hulk's weakness, he's a physical force to be reckoned with, but his versatility is sadly lacking.

He's not punching someone who won't be there, he'll be lost in the storm.

CosmicComet

Carver's actually right.

During Mark Waid's Indestructible Hulk run, he gave Hulk some good speed feats.

Quite frankly better than any on foot speed feats I've ever seen from Thor.

Thor has flight, and the esoteric abilities advantage, but Hulk has every single physical advantage by a good margin, and his thunderclap is a powerful long range attack as well.

If they start at boxing range, Hulk wins 10/10. If they start at maybe a kilometer apart, maybe a split.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Carver's actually right.

During Mark Waid's Indestructible Hulk run, he gave Hulk some good speed feats.

Quite frankly better than any on foot speed feats I've ever seen from Thor.

Thor has flight, and the esoteric abilities advantage, but Hulk has every single physical advantage by a good margin, and his thunderclap is a powerful long range attack as well.

If they start at boxing range, Hulk wins 10/10. If they start at maybe a kilometer apart, maybe a split.
facepalm

ShadowFyre

Lol @ wind moving wbh

ShadowFyre
Wolverine...Mongoose.

Zoo animals. Pythons, gorillas etc.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
facepalm

What a surprise.

Now, what part(s) do you actually disagree with?

celeyhyga17
What a surprise.

Now, what part(s) do you actually disagree with?
Hulk has no answer when his opponent starts pulling powers out of his @$$. And Hulk will not be fast enough. He just isn't.

10/10 boxing range? Split going by forum rules? Come on now...

carver9
Zoo animals. Pythons, gorillas etc.

Lol...can you provide scans of these things happening to WBH?

Khazra Reborn
The sooner we all recognize and acknowledge the fact that the Hulk is a p*ssy, who dresses like a homeless member of the Village People, the sooner we'll be able to move on.

CosmicComet
At boxing range, Thor is unlikely to be given the opportunity to pull out his esoteric abilities.

Hulk is undeniably stronger by a good amount.

His durability is at least equal, and his damage soak as a whole is far better than Thor's.

His speed feats under Waid's were some things that guys like Wolverine would fail to accomplish, someone who is certainly faster in CQC than Thor. Honestly, his speed feats there are closer to things you'd expect from QS or Speed Demon.

Hulk's greater sheer explosive speed is also combined with his greater reach. So at boxing range he will always land first, and that's going to put Thor off his game for the rest of the fight, as he will struggle to make distance as Hulk won't give him room.

Hulk's physical stats will also grow throughout the fight, whereas Thor's will diminish. He'll be fighting off the backfoot the entire time. It won't be a stomp, but I can't see Thor pulling off a single win at that distance.

But regardless, this thread isn't at boxing range. I forgot what standard distance is, but I'm pretty sure its 1 kilometer, maybe half a kilometer. Point being, Thor will need distance (which gives him time) to win.

BFR is his best bet. Soul Drain isn't an instant thing, and especially since Hulk has shown some resistance to soul attacks in the past. Energy drain is also not instant, and may be offset by Hulk simply bullshitting his way through it.

h1a8
At boxing range, Thor is unlikely to be given the opportunity to pull out his esoteric abilities.

His durability is at least equal, and his damage soak as a whole is far better than Thor's.

His speed feats under Waid's were some things that guys like Wolverine would fail to accomplish, someone who is certainly faster in CQC than Thor. Honestly, his speed feats there are closer to things you'd expect from QS or Speed Demon.

Hulk's greater sheer explosive speed is also combined with his greater reach. So at boxing range he will always land first, and that's going to put Thor off his game for the rest of the fight, as he will struggle to make distance as Hulk won't give him room.

Hulk's physical stats will also grow throughout the fight, whereas Thor's will diminish. He'll be fighting off the backfoot the entire time. It won't be a stomp, but I can't see Thor pulling off a single win at that distance.

But regardless, this thread isn't at boxing range. I forgot what standard distance is, but I'm pretty sure its 1 kilometer, maybe half a kilometer. Point being, Thor will need distance (which gives him time) to win.

BFR is his best bet. Soul Drain isn't an instant thing, and especially since Hulk has shown some resistance to soul attacks in the past. Energy drain is also not instant, and may be offset by Hulk simply bullshitting his way through it. Battle distance is half a kilometer. Hulk can simply Thunderclap and ko Thor with extreme ease.

celeyhyga17

Stronger? Probably. By a good amount? Not really.

Not far better.

His speed feats under Waid's were some things that guys like Wolverine would fail to accomplish, someone who is certainly faster in CQC than Thor. Honestly, his speed feats there are closer to things you'd expect from QS or Speed Demon. Thor has speed feats Wolverine might have trouble replicating. Hulk is not beating Thor through speed. Period.

Hulk's greater sheer explosive speed is also combined with his greater reach. So at boxing range he will always land first, and that's going to put Thor off his game for the rest of the fight, as he will struggle to make distance as Hulk won't give him room.This is CIS/PISless Thor. Most of what you're saying won't happen.

Hulk would lose long before Thor's strength will diminish.

Correct. Hulk will lose.

BFR is his best bet. Soul Drain isn't an instant thing, and especially since Hulk has shown some resistance to soul attacks in the past. Energy drain is also not instant, and may be offset by Hulk simply bullshitting his way through it.
Sure bfr is best bet. But he can beat Hulk in countless other ways that Hulk won't have an answer for.

ShadowFyre
Lol...can you provide scans of these things happening to WBH?

carver9
Naah...I wasn't the one who started it.

ghostman

you home yet

ShadowFyre

Its all good. Anyway, if I had to pick a herald level character to fight wbh it would be Surfer, Strange, Thor, or squirrel girl.

carver9
Versatility is the key.

leonidas

Not far better.

Thor has speed feats Wolverine might have trouble replicating. Hulk is not beating Thor through speed. Period.

This is CIS/PISless Thor. Most of what you're saying won't happen.

Correct. Hulk will lose.

Sure bfr is best bet. But he can beat Hulk in countless other ways that Hulk won't have an answer for.

you don't think the hulk from the end of heart of the monster is FAR stronger or has FAR more durability than thor? curious as to why. i'd say that final incarnation of hulk would dwarf thor in both areas.....what makes you think either would be close?

carver9
Lol...I hope he is not saying that.

Philosophía
Stronger? Probably. By a good amount? Not really.Holy sh*t, did you just say that WBH is not stronger by a good amount than Thor?

h1a8

Not far better.

Thor has speed feats Wolverine might have trouble replicating. Hulk is not beating Thor through speed. Period.

This is CIS/PISless Thor. Most of what you're saying won't happen.

Correct. Hulk will lose.

Sure bfr is best bet. But he can beat Hulk in countless other ways that Hulk won't have an answer for. you know that this Hulk is astronomically stronger than Thor right. His feat wasn't destroying a planet. His feat was supplying the strength of more than billions of times of destroying a planet. Not only can't Thor generate the force of billions of times more than destroying a planet with a punch but he can't generate a the force to destroy a planet with a single punch.

Hulk can simply thunderclap and the fight is over.

carver9
I wonder if Thor clashed with another Thor fist to fist, if his power output would melt Armageddon (someone who defeat both Merge Hulk and Surfer at the same time), Bi Beast (someone who physically over powered him during their scuffle) and Wendigo (someone who has physically been able to compete with Savage Hulk). If someone can show me that the backlash of Thor power would melt beings like this...hell, if someone can prove that the Shockwaves from a clash of Thor's fist would melt Spiderman, I would applaud you.

Rao Kal El
I wonder if Thor clashed with another Thor fist to fist, if his power output would melt Armageddon (someone who defeat both Merge Hulk and Surfer at the same time), Bi Beast (someone who physically over powered him during their scuffle) and Wendigo (someone who has physically been able to compete with Savage Hulk). If someone can show me that the backlash of Thor power would melt beings like this...hell, if someone can prove that the Shockwaves from a clash of Thor's fist would melt Spiderman, I would applaud you.

Don't go overboard Carver.

But the notion of Hulk being just a little bit stronger is hilarious.

If Thor has a chance is because Mjolnir. I don't know how is that so difficult to understand.

If Thor was in all stats equal to Hulk adding mjolnir will make him ubber powerful compared to the other heroes. But he is not, take the mallet away and thor loses badly, he needs the mallet to compensate for the LACK of physical stats vs Hulk

carver9
Regular Hulk is physically stronger than Thor, WBH is over kill when it comes to physicality

Rao Kal El
Just don't over wank it, just because he reached dc level of strength

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by leonidas
you don't think the hulk from the end of heart of the monster is FAR stronger or has FAR more durability than thor? curious as to why. i'd say that final incarnation of hulk would dwarf thor in both areas.....what makes you think either would be close?
CIS/PIS less Thor is pretty much taking the best of his feats isn't it?

leonidas
sure, but what strength feat does thor have that a normal hulk can't match, usually at least a couple times over....? i think you'd have a challenge convincing me that thor (even without pis) is stronger than normal hulk (ie--non wbh).

DarkSaint85

What happened when Stormbreaker hit Mjolnir?

Magnon
Thor is a god of thunder. Among other things, he has control over air. With Mjolnir he could disperse Hulk's thunderclap harmlessly away (thunderclap is just a shockwave propagating through air).

Damborgson
Well of course Thor is utterly outclassed physically, it just doesn't matter under these stips.

h1a8
Originally posted by Magnon
Thor is a god of thunder. Among other things, he has control over air. With Mjolnir he could disperse Hulk's thunderclap harmlessly away (thunderclap is just a shockwave propagating through air). No he can't. Even if Thor had the capability to do such then you still have 2 problems

1. The thunderclap is too fast, Thor needs seconds to manipulate any form of air weather. The thunderclap would hit Thor in the first microsecond. The Shockwave would travel many times the speed of sound with tremendous force and energy (even electromagnetic energy).
2. The thunderclap is too powerful to stop or even slightly alter.

celeyhyga17
sure, but what strength feat does thor have that a normal hulk can't match, usually at least a couple times over....? i think you'd have a challenge convincing me that thor (even without pis) is stronger than normal hulk (ie--non wbh).
If we take into account all the incredibly powerful opponents he has no business standing up to let alone beaten, he can easily match against anything the Hulk has shown in terms of strength.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Philosophia
Holy sh*t, did you just say that WBH is not stronger by a good amount than Thor?
Not against a high end Thor no.

Philosophía
Not against a high end Thor no. What high-end Thor portrayal shows his strength as comparable to WBH?

carver9
If we take into account all the incredibly powerful opponents he has no business standing up to let alone beaten, he can easily match against anything the Hulk has shown in terms of strength.

You can't be serious. When it comes to strength fts, Thor isn't in Hulk league. He just isn't.

Philosophía
I can't believe there exists somebody who reads comics, reads Thor, reads Greg Pak's World Breaker Hulk arc, and then goes:

"Yeah, Thor at times has matched that"

I don't think there's a Thor fan on any other forum that would even contemplate such stupidity but here he is, celeyhyga17, making even the most ardent Thor fans cringe.

What a day.

leonidas

Philosophía
thumb up

I actually can't believe anybody sane would read that arc and think Hulk doesn't have Thor beat in strength by a long shot. Can you?

It's one of the most baffling stances I've ever witnessed on this forum.

leonidas
it does seem odd. many seem to look at this hulk as being the same as other hulk for some reason. this one has too many unknown factors imo to really debate clearly, but one thing is certain--his strength is.....light years beyond anything ANY hulk before him has ever been able to show. i'd think that much was made clear as day from that arc....

abhilegend
Not against a high end Thor no.
Bwahaha.

We are talking about WBH. Thor isn't close to savage hulk in strength these days. Let alone WBH.

Khazra Reborn
What high-end Thor portrayal shows his strength as comparable to WBH?

God butcher arc.

abhilegend
God butcher arc.
Where?

Khazra Reborn
Planet busting

abhilegend
If that was the only criteria for being at that level, nearly every planet busting character would be that level.

They are not.

Horrificus
PIS/CIS free?

Thor ftw.
The powers, abilities and tricks at Thor's disposal, make him pretty much unbeatable. Not to mention off the charts durability and strength feats. U have to dig through a couple thousand pages of Thor books, but it's there.

h1a8
God butcher arc. that is still an astronomical difference from the Hulk feat.

1. Thor only destroyed a small portion of a moon and the planet they were fighting slightly above, not the complete planet or moon.

2. Thor used Mjolnir, which amps his strikes greatly over just using fists. Thor doing the feat with his fists would have been way more impressive.

3. Thor hit Gorr lots of times. Each hit contributed to a tiny fraction of the total damage. If WBH applied the same amount of hits that Thor did then he would have totaled many many planets, melted thousands upon thousands of more heralds, etc.

4. Thor struggled with a mountain immediately after, proving that it was Mjolnir that supplied the high majority of the striking force and not Thor's strength.

h1a8
Originally posted by Horrificus
PIS/CIS free?

Thor ftw.
The powers, abilities and tricks at Thor's disposal, make him pretty much unbeatable. Not to mention off the charts durability and strength feats. U have to dig through a couple thousand pages of Thor books, but it's there. no it's not there. Thor and Hulk difference is like a speck of dust to a mountain.

Hulk supplied the strength to destroy billions of planets with a single blow. Thor can't even destroy a mountain with a single blow of his fists.

Hulk can kill Thor with a single thunderclap. This fight is spite.

I challenge you to give me a strength feat by Thor that shows strength sufficient to destroy a planet into pieces with one blow of his fists.

After that, show a feat of strength that is a billion times that. Then and only then will Thor be proven to have comparable strength to WBH.

ghostman
no it's not there. Thor and Hulk difference is like a speck of dust to a mountain.

Hulk supplied the strength to destroy billions of planets with a single blow. Thor can't even destroy a mountain with a single blow of his fists.

I challenge you to give me a strength feat by Thor that shows strength sufficient to destroy a planet into pieces with one blow of his fists.

After that, show a feat of strength that is a billion times that. Then and only then will Thor be proven to have comparable strength to WBH.

wow now hold on there fella, you have calcs for this billion planet destruction?

h1a8
wow now hold on there fella, you have calcs for this billion planet destruction? yes of course, I posted it ages ago when debating WBH.

I'll give you a little insight. It takes more than billions of times the force to destroy something from hundreds of meters away (without touching it) than by directly coming Hitting it.

Punch the shitp out someone from 500 meters away and I guarantee you that I won't feel even 1 billionth of that force.

DarkSaint85
Why hundreds of meters away?

h1a8
Why hundreds of meters away? just a random distance. I would say the average distance the thousands of mindless ones and other heralds were away from a Hulk was further. The center of the planet is even further.

Magnon
No he can't. Even if Thor had the capability to do such then you still have 2 problems

1. The thunderclap is too fast, Thor needs seconds to manipulate any form of air weather. The thunderclap would hit Thor in the first microsecond. The Shockwave would travel many times the speed of sound with tremendous force and energy (even electromagnetic energy).
2. The thunderclap is too powerful to stop or even slightly alter.

Nope, that's not a problem at all.

1. Thunderclap produces a shockwave propagating through air; once it's been released it'll settle at the speed of sound -- just like every other form of disturbance travelling in a medium. If the fighters start some 0.5 km away from each other this leaves Thor more than a second to act, which is enough. Thor has been shown to take control over air pretty much instantly.

2. Furthermore, the thunderclap doesn't actually displace a very large volume of air (Hulk's hands are not THAT big), even if it'll get highly compressed. After 0.5 km it'll have spread across a semisphere with the characteristic 1/r^2 attenuation (1/250000th of the value it had when it was 1 meter away from Hulk). A thundergod using a skyfather-forged weapon specifically made to control atmospheric phenomena should be able to disperse said atmospheric phenomenon enough to protect Thor. And he only needs to alter the shockwave's course locally; the power needed is MUCH less (as shown above) than trying to stop the whole wave.

h1a8

1. Thunderclap produces a shockwave propagating through air; once it's been released it'll settle at the speed of sound -- just like every other form of disturbance travelling in a medium. If the fighters start some 0.5 km away from each other this leaves Thor more than a second to act, which is enough. Thor has been shown to take control over air pretty much instantly.

2. Furthermore, the thunderclap doesn't actually displace a very large volume of air (Hulk's hands are not THAT big), even if it'll get highly compressed. After 0.5 km it'll have spread across a semisphere with the characteristic 1/r^2 attenuation (1/250000th of the value it had when it was 1 meter away from Hulk). A thundergod using a skyfather-forged weapon specifically made to control atmospheric phenomena should be able to disperse said atmospheric phenomenon enough to protect Thor. And he only needs to alter the shockwave's course locally; the power needed is MUCH less (as shown above) than trying to stop the whole wave.

1. Wrong. Thor will get hit in a microsecond or less. Hulk disintegrate thousands of herald level beings and destroyed an entire planet in a few moments. That's far faster than the speed of sound. If the shockwave hit the planet and the beings at the speed of sound then zero damage would be done since they are getting hit with air traveling at the speed of sound. Military explosives (non nuclear) produces shockwaves that travel over 9,000 m/s.

2. Even if Thor had the ability to effect shockwave then he still can't here. For one, it will be too fast. Thor can't activate esoteric powers in under a second. And second, the shockwave is too powerful. Thor can only control the weather to a limited extent or manipulate air to a limited extent. At best he manipulated air to produce wind vortexes (locally from his hammer) with the power of multiple hurricanes. The wind power generated from a hurricane isn't even a trillionth of the power of this thunderclap. This thunderclap with not only hit Thor hard but it would burn the shit out of him.

carver9

Hulk hater. Look at this.

http://s30.photobucket.com/user/Hulk3389/media/diablothunderclap.jpg.html

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/123441/3198661-sh+feat+t-clap+neat+nuclear.png

Rao Kal El
I thought nothing before Pak counted for you anymore

DarkSaint85
Soon, we'll be able to figure out how old Carver's mum is.

carver9
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
I thought nothing before Pak counted for you anymore

Never said that. I do question when people "primarily" focus on classic showings when the character they are using it against grown in power. Like Hulk being choked out by a snake or Surfer and the Mexicans. You wouldn't find a writer these days that would write such nonsense but people still mention it KNOWING both Surfer and Hulk (who has had at least 8 upgrades since then) has grown in power. That's my problem.

Rao Kal El
Never said that. I do question when people "primarily" focus on classic showings when the character they are using it against grown in power. Like Hulk being choked out by a snake or Surfer and the Mexicans. You wouldn't find a writer these days that would write such nonsense but people still mention it KNOWING both Surfer and Hulk (who has had at least 8 upgrades since then) has grown in power. That's my problem.

You have said several times that everything from before does not count. As a matter of fact it is written in wwh comics and you have used it, don't lie now, my friend smile

Also they are not upgrades but different incarnations of the Hulk, witters often say "he has never been this mad" but you know is not true.

carver9
You have said several times that everything from before doen not count. As a matter of fact it is written in wwh comics and you have used it, don't lie now, my friend smile

Scans of me saying that. I'm sure I use classic fts. I just don't downplay characters when using it.

Galan007
God butcher arc. Please tell me you don't think this:
http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/25173920_Thor_-_God_of_Thunder_009-013.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/25173921_Thor_-_God_of_Thunder_009-014.jpg

Is remotely comparable to this:
http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/25173918_Incredible_Hulks_634-013.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/25173919_Incredible_Hulks_634-014.jpg

confused

Rao Kal El
Scans of me saying that. I'm sure I use classic fts. I just don't downplay characters when using it.

You have said it , plain and simple. No need for me look for one of your quotes when everybody knows is true.

carver9
You have said it , plain and simple. No need for me look for one of your quotes when everybody knows is true.

Nope. Never said or done it. I use classic scans but I find it funny to use them when "downplaying" a character that has grown more powerful.

Rao Kal El
Nope. Never said or done it. I use classic scans but I find it funny to use them when "downplaying" a character that has grown more powerful.

Yes you have smile

Anyway not feeling like going post hunting, but you have said it.

So we can return to topic smile

Close fight, Thor needs to stay away, but I am leaning towards Hulk

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Galan007
Please tell me you don't think this:
http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/25173920_Thor_-_God_of_Thunder_009-013.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/25173921_Thor_-_God_of_Thunder_009-014.jpg

Is remotely comparable to this:
http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/25173918_Incredible_Hulks_634-013.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/25173919_Incredible_Hulks_634-014.jpg

confused

Sure, why not? They're doing pretty much the same thing.

Edit: the page before is the important one, though.

abhilegend
Lolwut?

The mere Shockwaves from Hulks attack killed three of Hulk's most powerful enemies.

On the other hand repeated attacks from Thor destroyed one planet and started to Crack another.

How do they even compare?

leonidas
lol yeah, that's.....absurd. a planet was destroyed as a corollary to hulk's fight. it wasn't even actually touched by either hulk or betty. i mean, wft?? orders of magnitude different.

it's also absurd to suppose that thor, who has barely been able to match any normal hulk in strength, can now suddenly elevate himself to match a hulk whose strength is exponentially greater than it has ever been. wth is happening around here?

i'm not commenting on the battle, only the relative strength of each. to say thor is not even CLOSE to this hulk, is among the grossest of understatements.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by abhilegend
Lolwut?

The mere Shockwaves from Hulks attack killed three of Hulk's most powerful enemies.

On the other hand repeated attacks from Thor destroyed one planet and started to Crack another.

How do they even compare?

Thor and Gorr destroyed planetS, could be two, could be 20 we don't know, it's speculation either way. But we know for certain that the ferocity of their battle was enough to destroy a planet they weren't even standing on, if you can't admit that's at the very least in the ball park of what was happening in HotM, then I can't help you.

Cool, all I'm getting out of that is those three "amped" losers couldn't survive planetary level destruction.

abhilegend
Thor and Gorr destroyed planetS, could be two, could be 20 we don't know, it's speculation either way. But we know for certain that the ferocity of their battle was enough to destroy a planet they weren't even standing on, if you can't admit that's at the very least in the ball park of what was happening in HotM, then I can't help you.

Cool, all I'm getting out of that is those three "amped" losers couldn't survive planetary level destruction.
So you are just speculating about it?

They could've destroyed dozens of planets and it wouldn't change anything.

When Thor kills even a Meta level character with just the Shockwave of his attacks, let me know.

The random aliens on the moon survived the "Shockwave" which was destroying the moon too.

What a loser!

Khazra Reborn
So you are just speculating about it?

They could've destroyed dozens of planets and it wouldn't change anything.

When Thor kills even a Meta level character with just the Shockwave of his attacks, let me know.

The random aliens on the moon survived the "Shockwave" which was destroying the moon too.

What a loser!

Even if they only destroyed one, which it was confirmed that they destroyed at the very least more than one, it would still be very close to what Hulk and Betty did. And I have no idea how or why you'd deny that it isn't.

Ok, so three dudes that can't survive planetary destruction, dying, is impressive? Why??

DarkSaint85

The ONLY evidence the Flash crew posted proving that Flash could hurt Hulk is a scan that was done before my momma was born.

abhilegend
Even if they only destroyed one, which it was confirmed that they destroyed at the very least more than one, it would still be very close to what Hulk and Betty did. And I have no idea how or why you'd deny that it isn't.

Because it isn't? Thor did it by repeatedly striking with a big hammer which amps his striking power.

Thor has actually fought Bi-beast before.

Let's just say he never killed him with just a Shockwave of his attack

Magnon
Hulk hater. Look at this.

http://s30.photobucket.com/user/Hulk3389/media/diablothunderclap.jpg.html

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/123441/3198661-sh+feat+t-clap+neat+nuclear.png
Impressive. I think his thunderclap even managed to knock out one of those normal-human soldiers, the one who was standing in point-blank range. If he's not unconscious he's at the very least quite dizzy.

carver9
Impressive. I think his thunderclap even managed to knock out one of those normal-human soldiers, the one who was standing in point-blank range. If he's not unconscious he's at the very least quite dizzy.

Its sad that people comment in Hulk threads and don't know a single thing about the character. Extremely sad. Pick up a book involving him before debating in his thread.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11111/111113173/3458354-hulk_110_dcp_0015-16.jpg

Magnon
Its sad that people comment in Hulk threads and don't know a single thing about the character. Extremely sad. Pick up a book involving him before debating in his thread.

FYI, a pressure wave does not have gaps in it; it doesn't magically select some and avoid the other objects in its way. This is what maths tell you, and no amount of supermaths can work around it. The only way for a 'thunderclap' NOT to kill someone on its way is that it simply isn't powerful enough.

RealityWarper
FYI, a pressure wave does not have gaps in it; it doesn't magically select some and avoid the other objects in its way. This is what maths tell you, and no amount of supermaths can work around it. The only way for a 'thunderclap' NOT to kill someone on its way is that it simply isn't powerful enough.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/shia.gif

DarkSaint85

Irony level over 9000!

carver9

Lol...comics super paths work around it. Hulk leaks radiation but Betty is still living as healthy as day. No amount of math explains why this lady is still walking around with out lumps of cancer hanging off her skin.

Superman went all out with his heat vision and scientist was right beside him when this happened, measuring the temperature of his heat vision and the only thing that felt it was a nearby camera. In real life they would've turned to bones being next to him but comics...

Stop applying real world logic to a freaking comic. How about this, put radiation into a spider and let it bite you and tell me the outcome.

Damborgson
-sigh-

This is not how you win a debate against the Hulk. You don't try to match his strength, that's kind of his thing.Thor doesn't need to be better than him in every category, he's better in the one's that count.

Magnon
Lol...comics super paths work around it. Hulk leaks radiation but Betty is still living as healthy as day. No amount of math explains why this lady is still walking around with out lumps of cancer hanging off her skin.

Superman went all out with his heat vision and scientist was right beside him when this happened, measuring the temperature of his heat vision and the only thing that felt it was a nearby camera. In real life they would've turned to bones being next to him but comics...

Stop applying real world logic to a freaking comic. How about this, put radiation into a spider and let it bite you and tell me the outcome.

Well, if we let go of conventional logic we are free to decide the outcome of any battle as we please. After all, comic logics. For example, I could simply state that Mjolnir would protect Thor from any thunderclap effects from Hulk. He has affected weather (and, consequently,air) on global scale before. Comic physics work out the rest.

h1a8
Sure, why not? They're doing pretty much the same thing.

Edit: the page before is the important one, though.

that is still an astronomical difference from the Hulk feat.

1. Thor only destroyed a small portion of a moon and the planet they were fighting slightly above, not the complete planet or moon.

2. Thor used Mjolnir, which amps his strikes greatly over just using fists. Thor doing the feat with his fists would have been way more impressive.

3. Thor hit Gorr lots of times. Each hit contributed to a tiny fraction of the total damage. If WBH applied the same amount of hits that Thor did then he would have totaled many many planets, melted thousands upon thousands of more heralds, etc.

4. Thor struggled with a mountain immediately after, proving that it was Mjolnir that supplied the high majority of the striking force and not Thor's strength.

no it's not there. Thor and Hulk difference is like a speck of dust to a mountain.

RealityWarper
Pak stated in an interview that even Odinforce Thor would loose against World War Hulk.

Khazra Reborn
Because it isn't? Thor did it by repeatedly striking with a big hammer which amps his striking power.

Thor has actually fought Bi-beast before.

Let's just say he never killed him with just a Shockwave of his attack

Lol, why you trying so hard to dismiss the feat? I'm not trying to say that Thor is stronger than Hulk, but if you can't accept the fact that what Thor did takes a similar caliber of strength to what Hulk did, then that's your problem.

Yeah, he has fought Bi-Beast, he also didn't go at him like did against Gorr. If he hit Bi-Beast hard enough to destroy a planet they weren't even standing on, BB would be deader than shit.

Damborgson
Originally posted by RealityWarper
Pak stated in an interview that even Odinforce Thor would loose against World War Hulk.

Pak's not smart.

DarkSaint85
Pak stated Superman would beat Hulk.

We tend to gloss over that....

carver9
Originally posted by RealityWarper

Lol...that was proven when Rulk slaughtered Odin Force Thor under Pak and then WWH treated this same Hulk like fodder.

Then there's that scene when WWH said Thor was nothing to him, make room for his amped son.

carver9
Well, if we let go of conventional logic we are free to decide the outcome of any battle as we please. After all, comic logics. For example, I could simply state that Mjolnir would protect Thor from any thunderclap effects from Hulk. He has affected weather (and, consequently,air) on global scale before. Comic physics work out the rest.

You don't make one bit of sense though. Why would you apply real world logic to cartoons? Lol, I just don't get it. You have people with planetary power walking around like normal with out bending humans in half while hugging them and you want to use real world logic. No amount of holding back explains that. You have a man who was part of a radiation explosion gaining super powers from said affect and you want to use real world logic. A alien landing on Earth, never detected by the Government gaining powers from the sun and you want to use real world logic for everything. WTF.

carver9
Lol, why you trying so hard to dismiss the feat? I'm not trying to say that Thor is stronger than Hulk, but if you can't accept the fact that what Thor did takes a similar caliber of strength to what Hulk did, then that's your problem.

Yeah, he has fought Bi-Beast, he also didn't go at him like did against Gorr. If he hit Bi-Beast hard enough to destroy a planet they weren't even standing on, BB would be deader than shit.

Lol...Thor got physically restrained by Bi Beast twice. Thor going all out with Mjlonir is the ONLY reason he defeated him. Without Mjlonir, Bi Beast had the edge. Please let me know if I need to post scans.

Khazra Reborn
Lol...Thor got physically restrained by Bi Beast twice. Thor going all out with Mjlonir is the ONLY reason he defeated him. Without Mjlonir, Bi Beast had the edge. Please let me know if I need to post scans.

So, IYO Thor was fighting Bi Beast with the same power and intensity as Gorr?

-Pr-
You don't make one bit of sense though. Why would you apply real world logic to cartoons? Lol, I just don't get it. You have people with planetary power walking around like normal with out bending humans in half while hugging them and you want to use real world logic. No amount of holding back explains that. You have a man who was part of a radiation explosion gaining super powers from said affect and you want to use real world logic. A alien landing on Earth, never detected by the Government gaining powers from the sun and you want to use real world logic for everything. WTF.

LOGIC AND SCIENCE AREN'T THE SAME THING.

Galan007
Lol...that was proven when Rulk slaughtered Odin Force Thor Didn't Thor beat the absolute shit out of Loeb-Rulk, like the issue right after Rulk pulled that Mjolnir business against him..?

DarkSaint85
Didn't Thor beat the absolute shit out of Loeb-Rulk, like the issue right after Rulk pulled that Mjolnir business against him..?

Rick, Hulk's biggest fanboy (after Cho, lol) said he was the greatest warrior. Whilst Hulk AND Rulk were right there. Can't get any clearer than that.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsRulk10.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsRulk11.jpg

Rulk even admits that Hulk saved his life. He was literally killing him.

Galan007
thumb up

Thor utterly humbled Rulk--would have killed him if Hulk hadn't intervened. Goes to show you that Rulk's win in the prior issue was nothing but cheap parlor tricks. thumb up

DarkSaint85
Didn't Hulk then go on to beat Rulk through weakness exploitation (taking advantage of his heat)?

Whereas Thor just straight up beat the snot out of him. IIRC.

carver9
Didn't Thor beat the absolute shit out of Loeb-Rulk, like the issue right after Rulk pulled that Mjolnir business against him..?

Their first encounter, Rulk treating him like fodder. Rulk eventually lose to all when he started over heating and that started as soon as his fight was done with Thor (during the time he dive bombed back to Earth). Then Thor surprise attacked him...THEN Rulk had fought Hulk before hand. A lot of context there if you ask me.

carver9
So, IYO Thor was fighting Bi Beast with the same power and intensity as Gorr?

With hammer strikes? During the end of his fight against Bi Beast, he pounced on him and didn't seem happy when he did it. Without his hammer, he was getting worked and overpowered. With it, he did get an advantage.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
LOGIC AND SCIENCE AREN'T THE SAME THING.

Happy Dance

You've proven my point. Hulk knocking down a skyscraper with people in it and no one getting killed doesn't speak logic but it happened and his mathmatical mind being the reason why still doesn't make sense. The guy split New York in half during his fight against Ironman and a single person did not die. No logic or science involved there either and all of this was said to be his super computer mind at play. You can not apply real world logic to a comic book, let alone logic.

-Pr-
Happy Dance

You've proven my point. Hulk knocking down a skyscraper with people in it and no one getting killed doesn't speak logic but it happened and his mathmatical mind being the reason why still doesn't make sense. The guy split New York in half during his fight against Ironman and a single person did not die. No logic or science involved there either and all of this was said to be his super computer mind at play. You can not apply real world logic to a comic book, let alone logic.

Yes you can. You can't apply it to every situation within comics, but logic is a far grander thing that can't be somehow sent away because of one bad example.

Rao Kal El
Carver does not use logic, logic is for wimps...

Now, that explains a lot.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>