should disney declare PT noncanon and remake PT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

redpill
i don't care for the Prequel trilogy, and i do think if someone hasn't seen it they won't be impressed.

disney called EU noncanon. should disney declare PT non-canon, then tell the story of Anakin, as a teenager, not young boy, and spread it out over 6 movies, not 3, and show major parts of the clone wars.

different story, different dialogue, different actors. some of the character will be the same from yoda to anakin to mace windu.

Zenwolf
Rather not, and great for you for having an opinion. It really serves no point anyway at this rate.

quanchi112
Horrible idea.

Bashar Teg
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t620975.html

redpill
PT suck so make it better.

Bashar Teg
no need to rush into all that. they should rather do an old republic trilogy.

EmperorSidious2
No

red8
While I do wish that the PT story was done differently, I wouldn't really want Disney to revisit it. I would prefer something new and fresh, unlike The Force Awakens...

queeq
I say: move along.

redpill
theres a guy on youtube named plinkett who shows why PT sucks.

somoeone has posted 91 reasons why PT sucks.

plinkettt seems knowledgeable but he has weird stuff involving a woman being tied up.

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by redpill

plinkettt seems knowledgeable but he has weird stuff involving a woman being tied up.

Plinkett is a character, just so you know. Those videos are mainly for comedy. They do point out a lot of the issues with the movies though.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by queeq
I say: move along.

thumb up

redpill
Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
Plinkett is a character, just so you know. Those videos are mainly for comedy. They do point out a lot of the issues with the movies though. plinkett is one among many who hated PT.

a remake can address those, such as having the PT start with anakin as a young adult man. which they did with luke. rey adult woman.

image TFA with rey a 5 year old girl.

Lord Lucien

plinkettt seems knowledgeable but he has weird stuff involving a woman being tied up. lawl, welcome to RedLetterMedia.

But yeah, move along. Hopefully Disney will largely just ignore the prequels. Don't mention them directly and hardly allude to them in the new films--TFA's only reference to them is the use of the word 'Sith'. Keep it that way and let them fade away.

queeq
plinkett is one among many who hated PT.

The Red Letter Media guys were very disappointed in the PT. And they made the Plinkett thing as a funny review. But the points they make are very strong, well argued and demonstrated.

I can't believe you can still defend the PT as three stand alone movies after seeing that.

redpill
The Red Letter Media guys were very disappointed in the PT. And they made the Plinkett thing as a funny review. But the points they make are very strong, well argued and demonstrated.

I can't believe you can still defend the PT as three stand alone movies after seeing that. ru talking to me?

i want the PT declared noncanon and perhaps 6-9 movies take its place

queeq
Relax the lingo, dude.

You can want all you want, but it's not gonna happen. Disney's moving FORWARD now. And sideways maybe... but they're not gonna redo it.

NewLanceWindu

I can't believe you can still defend the PT as three stand alone movies after seeing that.

Did you see the Half in the Bag review of TFA? I'm so happy that they enjoyed it.

queeq
Of course I did. I dig them very much.

Whatever people think or feel, the guys have a really good understanding of how storytelling and filmmaking works. I don't always share all of their tastes, but they always make a good case for their own opinions. And among them, they don't always agree either. Which is nice.

redpill
Of course I did. I dig them very much.

Whatever people think or feel, the guys have a really good understanding of how storytelling and filmmaking works. I don't always share all of their tastes, but they always make a good case for their own opinions. And among them, they don't always agree either. Which is nice.

plinkett made a good case why PT sucks i think.

i suspect TFA screenwriters may have been influenced by plinkett in craft TFA.

queeq
I don't think people like Abrams, Arndt, Kasdan and Kennedy need RLM to make movies. Have you any idea what these people have on their resume?

redpill
I don't think people like Abrams, Arndt, Kasdan and Kennedy need RLM to make movies. Have you any idea what these people have on their resume? no what is it

queeq
OMG... *face palm*

Check IMDB, lazy person.

NewLanceWindu
redpill, you're going to give queeq an aneurysm, stop it!

Darth Thor
Firstly I'm sure it was in the Star Wars franchise sale contract to Disney that they couldn't redo Lucas's films.

Secondly even if for a second we assumed that "EVERYONE HATES THE PT", way too much Canon has come from the PT now, and Disney would have to completely revamp their own Star Wars Canon if they redid the PT.

Also whether you Loved or Hated the PT, I'm sure nobody wants them remade.

So no, they won't get remade. It's a silly idea to contemplate in the first place.

queeq
Indeed.

JJ and his team designed the entire ST based on the OT art, story and design. (Just read The Art of TFA)... The PT's there, they won't contradict it I think, but I doubt they will clearly refer to it. Whiting the story that all belongs to the world of legend.

Darth Thor
They obviously paid complete homage to the OT with TFA (a little too much Imo), but I doubt they're running scared from the PT era.

Just look at how many connections Rebels has with TCW.

Think Disney are smart enough to realise the OT's more popular than the PT, but the PT era as a whole still has fans and still generates a level of excitement that can help their sales.

redpill
Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
redpill, you're going to give queeq an aneurysm, stop it! im practicing my force choke lol

redpill
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Firstly I'm sure it was in the Star Wars franchise sale contract to Disney that they couldn't redo Lucas's films.

Secondly even if for a second we assumed that "EVERYONE HATES THE PT", way too much Canon has come from the PT now, and Disney would have to completely revamp their own Star Wars Canon if they redid the PT.

Also whether you Loved or Hated the PT, I'm sure nobody wants them remade.

So no, they won't get remade. It's a silly idea to contemplate in the first place. Originally posted by Darth Thor
They obviously paid complete homage to the OT with TFA (a little too much Imo), but I doubt they're running scared from the PT era.

Just look at how many connections Rebels has with TCW.

Think Disney are smart enough to realise the OT's more popular than the PT, but the PT era as a whole still has fans and still generates a level of excitement that can help their sales.

i guess the next best thing is to offer episodes between 2 and 3.

queeq
No, next best thing is closing this thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.