who has a greater understanding of magic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SWblayde938
Doom or Strange?

not a fight, just who has a greater knowledge of magic

Doom has a greater knowledge of science (of course he is one of the top 1-2 intellect in marvel among humans)

but does he also have the knowledge of magic that Strange has?

Khazra Reborn
No. Strange has way more. IIRC, the phrase "I've forgotten more than you know" was used in reference to Strange's knowledge of magic vs. Doom's.

SWblayde938
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
No. Strange has way more. IIRC, the phrase "I've forgotten more than you know" was used in reference to Strange's knowledge of magic vs. Doom's. wait strange said that too doom

damm....that must of hurt victor's ego bigtime

basilisk
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
No. Strange has way more. IIRC, the phrase "I've forgotten more than you know" was used in reference to Strange's knowledge of magic vs. Doom's.
Originally posted by SWblayde938
wait strange said that too doom

damm....that must of hurt victor's ego bigtime

Except... Strange's knowledge of magic at his classic peak level was 186 on the Omnipotent Oshtur's scale of magical ability. Victor's is at 148. Strange has forgotten more than Doom knows for a total of 159 points of knowledge forgotten. That leaves Doom still sitting on 148 points and Strange with a total of 27 points.

So once again Doom >> Strange.

riv6672
Originally posted by SWblayde938
Doom or Strange?

not a fight, just who has a greater knowledge of magic

Doom has a greater knowledge of science (of course he is one of the top 1-2 intellect in marvel among humans)

but does he also have the knowledge of magic that Strange has?
No, he doesnt.
Actually, in my opinion, the gap is as large, or larger, than the reverse.
Strange is/was a gifted surgeon, but Doom is a gifted scientist, capable of amazing feats.
The difference in their scientific knowledge is pretty evident.
The same is true in Strange's favor, magically.

Not a perfect analogy, but its what came to mind.

Sin I AM
Yet doom has greater accomplishments

riv6672
And?
Heroes are, by their nature, reactive. Villains drive the plots by attempting things.
Thats like saying RL criminals are better trained than law enforcement officers because they rob more banks.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by riv6672
And?
Heroes are, by their nature, reactive. Villains drive the plots by attempting things.
Thats like saying RL criminals are better trained than law enforcement officers because they rob more banks.

No that has absolutely nothing to do with what i said. Doom has accomplished more your analogy sucks ass

riv6672
Garsh, however shall i respond to such a heated post?

Oh yeah, like this: laughing

DarkSaint85
Doom knows things Strange doesn't.

http://i.imgur.com/5CgdCbJ.jpg

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

That just reminds me of the BP/Iron Man who's smarter thread.
BP was acknowledged as having a wider knowledge base and resources (hidden dark arts/time travel use in Doom's case), but still wasnt the smarter of the two.
I stand by Strange having the upper hand in this thread.
Of course, like BP, Doom is sneakier, apt to use Batman gambits, betray people, etc.

Galan007
Strange may have been > back in the day, but as confirmed by Wanda: Doom has since become the superior magic-user:
http://i.imgur.com/xaKYMQf.jpg

riv6672
I'll admit i'm being stubborn, but, i still dont see it.
You can be stronger than someone and not a better fighter, or in this case more powerful and not have a greater understanding of magic.

Maybe on top of stubborn, i'm looking at the OP question differently than you guys.
In true Doom fashion though, i'd say i'm looking at the OP question correctly.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

http://i.imgur.com/5CgdCbJ.jpg Was that Bendis?

Also that scene is pretty accurate. Look at 2 "recent" arcs of Doom for example. The Ras Al Ghul arc, and the Marks of Jeff arc. Both times involve time travel to learn more shit. One specifically has him learning all the dark arts to warp his body and live.

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
Strange may have been > back in the day, but as confirmed by Wanda: Doom has since become the superior magic-user:
http://i.imgur.com/xaKYMQf.jpg

Wasn't the only time Doom was said to be greater than Strange either.

Doom has learned things that Strange himself doesn't even know about.

http://i.imgur.com/5CgdCbJ.jpg

carver9
Darksaint beat me to the punch. There's also that encounter where Strange ran away from Doom due to his magic.

Astner
Originally posted by basilisk
Except... Strange's knowledge of magic at his classic peak level was 186 on the Omnipotent Oshtur's scale of magical ability. Victor's is at 148. Strange has forgotten more than Doom knows for a total of 159 points of knowledge forgotten. That leaves Doom still sitting on 148 points and Strange with a total of 27 points.
You're assuming that Dr. Strange forgot all he has ever forgotten all at once, and you can't just come up with your own arbitrary number for >148.

Galan007
^ It also assumes Doom's magical knowledge remained stagnant--which it obviously did not.

deathslash
Originally posted by Galan007
^ It also assumes Doom's magical knowledge remained stagnant--which it obviously did not. but did strange's magic knowledge remain the same?

Galan007
Even if Strange's knowledge increased, it did not increase by the lengths Doom's did(as Strange himself noted in the scans above.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.