How do you interpret this scene? - Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
I figured that since some of the scenes in comics are ambiguous or open to interpretation, we should have a thread where we discuss them. This can include anything you find questionable - story points, feats, scenes etc.

I'll start with someting of my own:

http://s6d8.turboimg.net/t/25162124_1029334.jpg http://s6d8.turboimg.net/t/25162125_2243379.jpg

Does this scene shown Sinestro teleporting or flying off?
Given the fact that the importance of the Indigo Tribe and their teleportation is pretty stressed out, I'd say he flies off.

Thoughts?

Rage.Of.Olympus
It could be either tbh. I think he flew based on the second scan.

ghostman
that green trail of energy in the second scan fits with the him becoming said energy in the first. i say he flew. but i could see why people would think otherwise. also that ***** needs to mind her own business. i hate her entire being.

One Big Mob
This thread seems like it's just working up to whatever Doomsday related thing is the latest fad.

Philosophía
Originally posted by One Big Mob
This thread seems like it's just working up to whatever Doomsday related thing is the latest fad. I hope not. I was just reading that comic, an figured to create a thread like this.

"Id"
Teleportation.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by "Id"
Teleportation.

thumb up

Looks that way to me, too.

carver9
He's no Krillin.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by ghostman
that green trail of energy in the second scan fits with the him becoming said energy in the first. i say he flew. but i could see why people would think otherwise. also that ***** needs to mind her own business. i hate her entire being. That's the wrecking ball dissipating

Philosophía
Other opinions? Maybe some arguments, too.

quanchi112

One Big Mob

Philosophía
This is a question mostly for Galan, but anybody is free to answer..

I can't seem to wrap my head around how Anti-Monitor currently amps himself.
On one hand, it's all pretty blatant that he has absorb/convert entire Universes to anti-matter and absorb them. COIE is still canon to him per-JL#40, and that ability is specifically stated. But, as far as the Earth-3 is concerned - the Universe itself isn't destroyed and neither is the Earth, it's just that every living being's energy has been absorbed by him, while everything else is ruins. Why this difference?

And since we're on the subject..
How is Darkseid doing it? As per the Constantine issues - he's bulldozing with his armies in all the dimensional levels - be it the Green, the Rot, Heaven, even the astral soul-based plane. What's he doing there, exactly? Converting everything into parademons? Is that the extent of his power-up - increasing his army? What else?

Galan007
Originally posted by Phil
This is a question mostly for Galan, but anybody is free to answer..

I can't seem to wrap my head around how Anti-Monitor currently amps himself.
On one hand, it's all pretty blatant that he has absorb/convert entire Universes to anti-matter and absorb them. COIE is still canon to him per-JL#40, and that ability is specifically stated. But, as far as the Earth-3 is concerned - the Universe itself isn't destroyed and neither is the Earth, it's just that every living being's energy has been absorbed by him, while everything else is ruins. Why this difference?

And since we're on the subject..
How is Darkseid doing it? As per the Constantine issues - he's bulldozing with his armies in all the dimensional levels - be it the Green, the Rot, Heaven, even the astral soul-based plane. What's he doing there, exactly? Converting everything into parademons? Is that the extent of his power-up - increasing his army? What else? As you mentioned, COIE is still canon to this iteration of AM, so I don't know why Johns would change the way he converts matter into power. However, he essentially seems to be doing exactly what he's always done: absorbing all energy in a given universe. The only difference is that he doesn't erase the physical universe in the process--its burnt out husk is still left relatively intact afterward(albeit ravaged.) So evidently he just drains the energy from it and moves on.

As for Darkseid: he made it clear during Constantine that he, too, had "consumed" universes. Based on the info presented during World's End, it seems like he consumed energy through the use of the Deathspawn, which essentially terraformed planets into energy that was absorbable by he and Apokolips(this is also how he was threatening metaphysical realms like the Green/Red/Rot/etc.)--so I can only assume that he absorbed universes in a similar manner, but it's impossible to know for sure with what little information we've been given. However, what was made clear during Earth 2 is why AM needed to absorb universes before confronting Darkseid--as even a bonafide multiversal entity(in the form of E2 Alan Scott tapping ALL the Parliamental power of ALL worlds in the multiverse) was unable to defeat him.

Raisen
At first I thought it was teleportation and obvious at that. On second look I'm sure it was flying quickly because the remaining energy was wide. This same thing happens to water when you pour it on a smooth surface. I'm positive that he flew. The wide surface indicates fast movement and the energy is at ground level. If it was teleportation then the energy would probably be dispersed like a cone.

Surtur
To me it looks like he does teleport in the first one. In the second scan you see the glowy flying trail thingy. In the first one the artwork seems to be pretty clearly trying to suggest Sinestro just disappeared before their eyes.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Raisen
At first I thought it was teleportation and obvious at that. On second look I'm sure it was flying quickly because the remaining energy was wide. This same thing happens to water when you pour it on a smooth surface. I'm positive that he flew. The wide surface indicates fast movement and the energy is at ground level. If it was teleportation then the energy would probably be dispersed like a cone.

RAISEN! YOU'RE ALIVE!

We missed you. Remember Master Zom? He was truly the best KMCer ever.

abhilegend
What do you think happens here? Does Valor destroys planets or what?

http://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/25496272_17.jpg http://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/25496276_18.jpg

Sin I AM
Not alot to go by...I'd say no

krisblaze
First scan definitely looks like teleportation.

Second scan could be either or. The energy looks like smoke and that could either be from him suddenly materializing or from him landing.

@Abhi, I'd have to see the pages before or after.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.