Tekken 3 vs Anything (Fighting Games)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Is there are fighting game that can match this utter legend?

Arachnid1
Nope. Tekken is the GOAT fighting game. Not one comes close.

The UFC games are a solid second place though, with Mortal Kombat coming in 3rd.

cdtm
Never really liked Tekken's block mechanics.

VF:4 Evo is more my style, but exciting it isn't.

Dead or Alive 3 is just awesome. No competitive scene, though.

I guess MK's my favorite fighter.

But I'm more about beat 'em ups/hack 'n slash's anyways. God Hand, Ninja Gaiden, Bayo, that kind of thing.

NotAllThatEvil
... Smash bros.?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
... Smash bros.? I don't even know how I forgot about Smash Bros

KingD19
Soul Caliber 2
MvC2

cdtm
MvsC2 is too good for top lists. Because they're subjective, while, we re talking pure, objective, scientific fact here.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Is there are fighting game that can match this utter legend?

In terms of what, exactly?

Jesus McBurger
My Armageddon was pretty epic

Estacado
Injustice/Mk X

Rest...

Nusa105
Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat!!!!

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Estacado
Injustice/Mk X

Rest...

Lol @ Injustice being close to Tekken 3.

-Pr-
Injustice was a pretty good fighting game... shrug

And you could argue that Tekken Tag was a better game than 3.

Estacado
Injustice is great!
Imo it's the best super hero fighter ever.

Tekken X Street Fighter was also pretty cool.

I also love Tekken (hate the Jin wank though.Hope Kazuya kills him and Heihachi in 7.)
Not sure I like the whole ultra thing they came up for the new game.

Jesus McBurger
1v1 me in injustice m8

cdtm
Originally posted by -Pr-

And you could argue that Tekken Tag was a better game than 3.

Tekken Tag 2 was pretty great.

Too bad nobody plays it on the 360.

Not one mention of Soul Calibur. That series was pretty big. Almost everyone was into SC II back in the day.

Personally, I like playing SC 5 way more then other current 3d games, and don't see why its so hated. So what if it has new characters? Gameplays still good, and Cervantes is the only character worth a damn anyways..

Estacado
Originally posted by Jesus McBurger
1v1 me in injustice m8
Sold my 360 not long ago dont have Injustice for ps4 yet.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by -Pr-

And you could argue that Tekken Tag was a better game than 3. Not if you're sane.

I know I make this claim a lot, and turn out to be wrong, but I don't think its very surprising to hear that Tekken 3 is considered the best Tekken game of all time by pretty much everyone.

Some people say that Tekken Tag is their favorite, someone said Tekken 2 was their favorite, but both people agreed that Tekken 3 was undoubtedly the best.

I'll get people who disagree, and you're allowed to, by all means, but honestly... You can't really doubt that Tekken 3 is considered the best by most people, because thats a commonly known fact.

Injustice was good, possibly even better then MK9.

BUT, it certainly can't hold a candle to MKX, Super Street Fighter II, Tekken 3, BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma EXTEND, etc.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm
Tekken Tag 2 was pretty great.

Too bad nobody plays it on the 360.

Not one mention of Soul Calibur. That series was pretty big. Almost everyone was into SC II back in the day.

Personally, I like playing SC 5 way more then other current 3d games, and don't see why its so hated. So what if it has new characters? Gameplays still good, and Cervantes is the only character worth a damn anyways.. Character Creation, m8.

Also, Patroklos was literally bad enough for people to not even wanna buy the game.

The game has so little content, its appalling.

-Pr-
Not if you're sane.

I know I make this claim a lot, and turn out to be wrong, but I don't think its very surprising to hear that Tekken 3 is considered the best Tekken game of all time by pretty much everyone.

Some people say that Tekken Tag is their favorite, someone said Tekken 2 was their favorite, but both people agreed that Tekken 3 was undoubtedly the best.

I'll get people who disagree, and you're allowed to, by all means, but honestly... You can't really doubt that Tekken 3 is considered the best by most people, because thats a commonly known fact.

Injustice was good, possibly even better then MK9.

BUT, it certainly can't hold a candle to MKX, Super Street Fighter II, Tekken 3, BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma EXTEND, etc.

I actually agree that 3 is the best Tekken game, and not just because I was so good with Forest Law in it. I might even consider it my favourite fighting game of all time, but I'm not going to pretend it's leagues ahead of current fighters.

MK9 isn't that far behind Injustice, and Injustice isn't far behind MKX, imo.

Impediment
Tekken Tag Tournament.

Demonic Phoenix
Almost everyone was into SC II back in the day.

thumb up

SCII is the only fighting game that has equaled or bettered Tekken 3 in terms of critical reception, and it was a really good game.

Not sure about MKX, since I haven't played it yet, but you think that Blazblue CPE is in the same league as SSF2, T3 and leagues ahead of Injustice? No mention of Street Fighter IV?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
thumb up

SCII is the only fighting game that has equaled or bettered Tekken 3 in terms of critical reception, and it was a really good game.

Not sure about MKX, since I haven't played it yet, but you think that Blazblue CPE is in the same league as SSF2, T3 and leagues ahead of Injustice? No mention of Street Fighter IV?

Blazblue has a solid system and its packed with almost as much content as Dissidia or Smash.

Jmanghan
Blazblue has a solid system and its packed with almost as much content as Dissidia or Smash.

Injustice was good, but it was nowhere near as good as the Cream of the Crop.

Demonic Phoenix
Blazblue has a solid system and its packed with almost as much content as Dissidia or Smash. Originally posted by Jmanghan
Injustice was good, but it was nowhere near as good as the Cream of the Crop.

Blazblue:

has a solid system: Check

has lots of content/replay value: Check

is Cream of the Crop: Lol.

Jmanghan
Blazblue:

has a solid system: Check

has lots of content/replay value: Check

is Cream of the Crop: Lol.

Have you played Chrono Phantasma EXTEND?

Demonic Phoenix
Yep. It's a game I like a lot, even though I have no clue WTF is going on in story mode and I can't be arsed to play the previous games because the mechanics are AFAIK a little different. CBA to look up the lore of the previous 2 games either.

But saying that Blazblue or specifically, that BlazBlue: CP is in the same league as those legendary fighters (T3, SCII, KOF'98, SSFT2, SSFIV, etc.) is overselling its status quite a bit. erm

Jmanghan
Yep. It's a game I like a lot, even though I have no clue WTF is going on in story mode and I can't be arsed to play the previous games because the mechanics are AFAIK a little different. CBA to look up the lore of the previous 2 games either.

But saying that Blazblue or specifically, that BlazBlue: CP is in the same league as those legendary fighters (T3, SCII, KOF'98, SSFT2, SSFIV, etc.) is overselling its status quite a bit. erm I never got to 98'.

Only '95 and '99.

cdtm
Best of the series, imo.

Also totally non canon, I believe.

Like Tekken Tag, or MvsC2. Funny how non canon games tend to be awesome.

Demonic Phoenix
I never got to 98'.

Only '95 and '99.

Oh man, you missing out.

Best of the series, imo.

Also totally non canon, I believe.

Like Tekken Tag, or MvsC2. Funny how non canon games tend to be awesome.

thumb up

And KOF'98 is considered the granddaddy of dream match fighters.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.