Battlezone challenge: Harry Potter franchise vs. Lord of the Rings franchise

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
I will represent Harry Potter and the characters in that universe against every film character in Lotr and the Hobbit films. We can begin ASAP.

Lord Voldemort will step over the corpse of Sauron and if you doubt this prove me wrong.

Time-Immemorial
Sauron beat Gandalf down, even from the grave.laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Sauron beat Gandalf down, even from the grave.laughing out loud thumb up

Let's see if Rob mans up.

Bentley
Harry Potter characters are low end reality manipulators, there are even timecontrol devices on the series.

I'm just saying, this challenge sounds about as rigged as your previous SW vs ST.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Harry Potter characters are low end reality manipulators, there are even timecontrol devices on the series.

I'm just saying, this challenge sounds about as rigged as your previous SW vs ST. People vehemently disagree on the other topic so this is just your opinion. No time manipulation and ghosts for either.

Bentley
Originally posted by quanchi112
People vehemently disagree on the other topic so this is just your opinion. No time manipulation and ghosts for either.

Ghosts are the only thing worth a damn in the LotR canon. Well, that and eagles, but I know from the get to go that you don't aknowledge that mythical creatures are resistant to magic in the movies.

quanchi112
Ghosts are the only thing worth a damn in the LotR canon. Well, that and eagles, but I know from the get to go that you don't aknowledge that mythical creatures are resistant to magic in the movies. Ghosts for both sides would muddy the waters. The Eagles are something in Lotr but Potter magic would rape them.

Bentley
Ghosts for both sides would muddy the waters. The Eagles are something in Lotr but Potter magic would rape them.

Because you don't aknowledge that magical creatures tank magical beams. To you, any random Dead eater can one-shot an enk erm

quanchi112
Because you don't aknowledge that magical creatures tank magical beams. To you, any random Dead eater can one-shot an enk erm I never said thattrees do burn up really nice.

StealthRanger
ITT: Spergchi still being salty about LOTR being vastly superior to his 13 year old LOTR ripoff that stopped being cool half a decade ago

Par for the course

quanchi112
Originally posted by StealthRanger
ITT: Spergchi still being salty about LOTR being vastly superior to his 13 year old LOTR ripoff that stopped being cool half a decade ago

Par for the course Harry Potter is bigger than Lotr. Harry Potter is nothing like Lotr you dumb hick. Voldemort eclipsed any violin from Lotr and the hobbit films only made people think this ship really has sailed.

Take the challenge, sissy.

StealthRanger
When Harry Potter influences every fantasy universe after it for decades, then maybe it'll be as influential as LOTR (which, fun fact, Harry Potter was influenced by), then it might be anywhere as big

quanchi112
Originally posted by StealthRanger
When Harry Potter influences every fantasy universe after it for decades, then maybe it'll be as influential as LOTR (which, fun fact, Harry Potter was influenced by), then it might be anywhere as big We are talking about the cinematic universes and despite the years of influencing Potter still waxed it at the box office. Theme parks, etc. potter has shat on it in today's times.

Potter is continuing this year. Fantastic beasts.

Accept the challenge because Potter also kicks the shit out of the hobbit verse.

Bentley
Are you arguing that the LotR movies aren't bigger than Harry Potter's?

quanchi112
Are you arguing that the LotR movies aren't bigger than Harry Potter's? The Harry Potter film franchise is more successful than the Lotr. That has nothing to do with the battlezone.

quanchi112
Cowards.

quanchi112
So I take it this is a concession from the forum that My Potter is superior to Lotr. In the end I always knew this would happen when push came to shove.

quanchi112
Cowards.

Darth Truculent
Lets take a look at Sauron. Sauron is a fallen Elf who studied dark magic under Morgoth the first Dark Lord. Sauron learned Necromoncer magic which kept him alive for well over 2,000 years. Tricked the Elves into creating the Rings of power. Nearly conquered Middle-Earth twice. Corrupted Saruman an Istari. Voldemort could never achieve what Sauron did. Nearly forgot - Sauron had 3 primary generals: The Hammer, The Tower & The Black Hand.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Sauron beat Gandalf down, even from the grave.laughing out loud Thank God the movie doesn't accurately represent the books/lore. Gandalf never lost to Sauron in the books. They were the same beings...except that Gandalf followed the rules and Sauron went the way of his master Morgoth. Either way, **** Harry Potter and their little wands.

CPT Space Bomb
By the way, LoTR (as the lore/books) is a million times cooler than Harry Potter. http://img08.deviantart.net/2ed8/i/2015/078/d/2/morgoth_and_fingolfin__by_helgecbalzer-d8mdvos.jpg

Morgoth vs Fingolfin for instance. Amazing story that has inspired many heroic stories since.

quanchi112
Never read the Lotr books just the hobbit as a kid. That being said the Harry Potter films IMO were superior to the Lotr films. I just wish someone would represent the Lotr side to square off against my Lord Voldemort and his forces.

CPT Space Bomb
Never read the Lotr books just the hobbit as a kid. That being said the Harry Potter films IMO were superior to the Lotr films. I just wish someone would represent the Lotr side to square off against my Lord Voldemort and his forces. I don't appreciate the LotR films enough to represent them. Peter Jackson ****ed it up. The first 3 movies weren't as bad; but he completely molested The Hobbit. I'll tell you this much, just the Books of LoTR would shit all over the books of Harry Potter. Morgoth could solo anyone in HP.

quanchi112
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I don't appreciate the LotR films enough to represent them. Peter Jackson ****ed it up. The first 3 movies weren't as bad; but he completely molested The Hobbit. I'll tell you this much, just the Books of LoTR would shit all over the books of Harry Potter. Morgoth could solo anyone in HP. I do not know I just know the films versions. I feel like Voldemort would assrape Sauron and middle earth.

CPT Space Bomb
I do not know I just know the films versions. I feel like Voldemort would assrape Sauron and middle earth. Well, like you said just going off of the films I'm not sure. I didn't watch all the HP films as I didn't care for them as much. I'll tell you this much, Pre-One Ring Sauron would defeat anyone in HP. The big mistake he made was putting so much of his power/life force into the one ring. He underestimated the power of the Numenorean men, and Isildur. It was ultimately his downfall. Keep in mind, that it took basically the entire combined fighting forces of Men and Elves coming together to stand a chance against him. And even then it was "luck/fate" that he lost the ring and ultimately himself. The movies don't accurately represent the power or the abilities of alot of the characters in Middle Earth; particularly Gandalf and Sauron.

quanchi112
Well, like you said just going off of the films I'm not sure. I didn't watch all the HP films as I didn't care for them as much. I'll tell you this much, Pre-One Ring Sauron would defeat anyone in HP. The big mistake he made was putting so much of his power/life force into the one ring. He underestimated the power of the Numenorean men, and Isildur. It was ultimately his downfall. Keep in mind, that it took basically the entire combined fighting forces of Men and Elves coming together to stand a chance against him. And even then it was "luck/fate" that he lost the ring and ultimately himself. The movies don't accurately represent the power or the abilities of alot of the characters in Middle Earth; particularly Gandalf and Sauron. Well the film version of Sauron would get Ethelred by Voldemort and his superior magical abilities and feats. Books don't know and don't care.

CPT Space Bomb
There isn't anything Voldemort could do to harm Sauron. Even in the movies. The only way Voldemort "Defeats" Sauron is by getting the ring into Mount Doom's lava. Aside from that he was basically immortal.

quanchi112
There isn't anything Voldemort could do to harm Sauron. Even in the movies. The only way Voldemort "Defeats" Sauron is by getting the ring into Mount Doom's lava. Aside from that he was basically immortal. You cut the right digit off and he's defeated. Voldemort also has horcruxes. Point is Voldemort would wreck that weak body of his with his powerful magic.

CPT Space Bomb
You cut the right digit off and he's defeated. Voldemort also has horcruxes. Point is Voldemort would wreck that weak body of his with his powerful magic. Depends.

Pre-One Ring Sauron wrecks Voldemort.

One-Ring Sauron could lose with digit amputation. I'll give you that.

Post-One Ring Sauron cannot be harmed by Voldemort sans Mt. Doom.

quanchi112
Depends.

Pre-One Ring Sauron wrecks Voldemort.

One-Ring Sauron could lose with digit amputation. I'll give you that.

Post-One Ring Sauron cannot be harmed by Voldemort sans Mt. Doom. Not in the film. By the films only we see him a few times and he was defeated twice by magical powers and a broken magical weapon. Films only. Taking forever to overwhelm Gandalf the grey isn't impressive to me considering what I've seen Gandalf do in the films.

CPT Space Bomb
Not in the film. By the films only we see him a few times and he was defeated twice by magical powers and a broken magical weapon. Films only. Taking forever to overwhelm Gandalf the grey isn't impressive to me cosmidering what I've seen Gandalf do in the films. ?

What? You're talking about the Hobbit aren't you? First of all, that's not the Pre-One Ring Sauron I'm referring to. Pre-One ring was AGES before the Hobbit's timeline. The Hobbit movies are shit. Nothing that happened in regards to that encounter happened in the books. Not like that anyway.

Point is, I'm done defending the LoTR films because they pale in comparison to the books and aren't suited to be defended in a vs forum. That being said, if we ever do compare the ACTUAL lore and books; LOTR and The Silmarillion absolutely shit-stomp Harry Potter in pretty much every way.

quanchi112
?

What? You're talking about the Hobbit aren't you? First of all, that's not the Pre-One Ring Sauron I'm referring to. Pre-One ring was AGES before the Hobbit's timeline. The Hobbit movies are shit. Nothing that happened in regards to that encounter happened in the books. Not like that anyway.

Point is, I'm done defending the LoTR films because they pale in comparison to the books and aren't suited to be defended in a vs forum. That being said, if we ever do compare the ACTUAL lore and books; LOTR and The Silmarillion absolutely shit-stomp Harry Potter in pretty much every way. I wouldn't know as I didn't read the books. Just a movie fan of both said franchises.

playa1258
Harry Potter is a better franchise.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by playa1258
Harry Potter is a better franchise. In your opinion. Nice chiming though, you added much to the conversation as usual. I agree it's certainly better than The Hobbit movies.

playa1258
No franchise has kept the consistent quality that Harry Potter did during it's run. The Hobbit trilogy was a huge step down from the LOTR trilogy. The Star Wars prequels were trash and the MCU has had some missteps too.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by playa1258
No franchise has kept the consistent quality that Harry Potter did during it's run. The Hobbit trilogy was a huge step down from the LOTR trilogy. The Star Wars prequels were trash and the MCU has had some missteps too.

MCU >> Harry Potter franchise. It's not only the highest grossing franchise of all time, but it's across the board considered to be great quality as well. The MCU has built a brand and style that other companies would do almost anything to replicate..

playa1258
We will see if Fantastic Beast can perform to the usual Potter standards.

quanchi112
Another film out now and more proof what I've maintained for years the VoldeVerse stomps the Hobbitverse. No one would dare say otherwise to me. Robtard has since lost his spine and has gone into hibernation coward stasis.

quanchi112
So no one disputes Voldeverse's superiority.

quanchi112
thumb up

Let's see if Rob mans up. Man up, Robbie. Prove to yourself you have a spine and will see this through.

quanchi112
Robbie, answer the bell for the Lotr. You talk a big game so come forward and accept. Quit being weak.

quanchi112
Have Lotr fans always been such pansies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.