Would Legends follow established lore if it returned?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Just curious to ask you all do you think Disney if it theoretically reintroduced Legends canon, do you think it would follow previously established events? If you were the head of the company would it make more sense to start Legends over, or just expand upon events/characters that already existed?

What do you think makes more sense?

NewGuy01
It doesn't.

Q99
It blatantly contradicts new lore, you can't really just have both.

carthage
I mean previously established lore in Legends canon, not Disney canon. I,e Legends revolving around past events that occur in Legends canon

Tzeentch
I would do what Lucas did and pull from the previously established canon when it was convenient to do so while completely ignoring it or retconning when necessary as well.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I would do what Lucas did

thumb up

Q99
Originally posted by carthage
I mean previously established lore in Legends canon, not Disney canon. I,e Legends revolving around past events that occur in Legends canon

Oh, making 'old EU' stuff.... hm, I suppose it's possible, but it doesn't seem Disney's style.

Of course, TOR isn't dead and it's still following Legends.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
thumb up Lucas sold the rights and gave up. It's in better hands. Get over it.

Lord Stark
Some stuff can work, especially stuff like Dark Rendezvous and Shatterpoint. Afterall if they forgave Vos and let him lead armies by ROTS the same could easily happen for Depa.

Darth Abonis
The Legends continuity still exists. They are the stories that mothers tell their children in a galaxy far far away.

Q99
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Some stuff can work, especially stuff like Dark Rendezvous and Shatterpoint. Afterall if they forgave Vos and let him lead armies by ROTS the same could easily happen for Depa.

Heck, the Kanan comic seems to allude to it, with Depa noted as being out of action for awhile for unstated reasons, then coming back to take Kanan as a padawan.

Gambler
Originally posted by quanchi112
Lucas sold the rights and gave up. It's in better hands. Get over it.

No, it's not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.