Current Superman and Thor vs Runner...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Current Superman and Thor take on the Runner in a battle to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed...

Who wins?

zopzop
Runner, IMHO.

carver9
Runner.

burrrrrr
Unless this is a fashion contest, Runner wins.

tkitna
Runner

basilisk
Current Superman isn't really up to this and I can't see Thor with his speed being relevant. I think Runner has this.

Philosophía
Superman beats Runner by his lonesome.

abhilegend
Superman beats the shit out of him.

RadZoa
I honestly am baffled on why Runner gets so much credit. He's shown that he can beat Surfer's ass which, while impressive, gives the guy way too much cred, especially when it's been shown that Makari is faster than he is.

h1a8
Superman solos. I don't get this thread.

RealityWarper
Runner wins and not because of his travel speed but because of his vast array of powers.

Galan007
Aside from super speed/perceptions, what battle-related powers did Runner display on panel that would make him a threat to the likes of Superman+Thor?
-A 'likability aura'
-Energy projection
-Super strength
-??

Even if I'm missing a few, I don't think I'd call that a 'vast array' of powers... But to each his own. /shrug

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Galan007
Aside from super speed/perceptions, what battle-related powers did Runner display on panel that would make him a threat to the likes of Superman+Thor?
-A 'likability aura'
-Energy projection
-Super strength
-??

Even if I'm missing a few, I don't think I'd call that a 'vast array' of powers... But to each his own. /shrug

You have got a point, bub.

leonidas
both superman and thor, individually have beaten more powerful opponents. runner is powerful though. he had some decent feats in the old defenders book, but nothing that these 2 haven't seen a 100 times, and defeated that many times. i do think runner could make them work, but together they are too much--and thor (or rather mjolnir) has a far more variable powerset than runner. it's not even close, really. his only seeming advantage might be tp, but we don't even have any real idea of the extent of it, so citing it is basically meaningless.

Philosophía
-A 'likability aura'
-Energy projection
-Super strength
-??

Even if I'm missing a few, I don't think I'd call that a 'vast array' of powers... But to each his own. /shrug He beat the Surfer.

Given how 99% of the Marvel fans furiously jack off to that character, you must see how Runner must be the best shit ever.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by RadZoa
I honestly am baffled on why Runner gets so much credit. He's shown that he can beat Surfer's ass which, while impressive, gives the guy way too much cred, especially when it's been shown that Makari is faster than he is.

Well he's got some other feats to his name that are pretty good:

1) Beating up Thanos (while Thanos had 3 Gems to Runners 1); true he had the Space Gem, but he never used it during the beating (no teleportation occured ; Runner was owning Thanos with nothing but his own natural speed and combat agility)...

2) Rendering a bonafide Trans character (Collector) completely helpless before his wrath during the Thanos Quest...

3) Granting Moon Dragon Invulnerability on a whim...

4) His likability aura was working on Surfer, and Surfer has demonstrated planetary level TP on panel (his aura was working on Moondragon as well and she's a pretty decent telepath)...

5) He hasnt been overpowered by (let alone taken any damage from; Surfer's attacks literally had no visible effect on him whatsoever) anything less than Galactus...

Runner is quite formidible...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by leonidas
both superman and thor, individually have beaten more powerful opponents. runner is powerful though. he had some decent feats in the old defenders book, but nothing that these 2 haven't seen a 100 times, and defeated that many times. i do think runner could make them work, but together they are too much--and thor (or rather mjolnir) has a far more variable powerset than runner. it's not even close, really. his only seeming advantage might be tp, but we don't even have any real idea of the extent of it, so citing it is basically meaningless.

On average he's stronger than them...

h1a8
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

1) Beating up Thanos (while Thanos had 3 Gems to Runners 1); true he had the Space Gem, but he never used it during the beating (no teleportation occured ; Runner was owning Thanos with nothing but his own natural speed and combat agility)...

2) Rendering a bonafide Trans character (Collector) completely helpless before his wrath during the Thanos Quest...

4) His likability aura was working on Surfer, and Surfer has demonstrated planetary level TP on panel (his aura was working on Moondragon as well and she's a pretty decent telepath)...

5) He hasnt been overpowered by (let alone taken any damage from; Surfer's attacks literally had no visible effect on him whatsoever) anything less than Galactus...

It was writer's intentions that runner was using the space gem.
Granting invulnerability doesn't prove anything fight related.
Surfer, nor any character, operates at their highest in every appearance. Tp has nothing to do with Runner's aura. Surfer wasn't operating at his highest when fighting Runner.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by h1a8
It was writer's intentions that runner was using the space gem.

How do you know this?

The way I see it, the writer sometimes speaks through the characters in the story...

During the Thanos Quest, Thanos himself (one of the smartest characters in Marvel) directly says:

1) The Space Gem didnt make Runner faster...

2) Runner would sometimes subconsciously use it to teleport; thats the reason why Runner would sometimes arrive at a location before he even realized he'd left for it...

The way I see it, Thanos was Starlings mouthpiece during the Thanos Quest...

So no, I strongly disagree that it was the writers intention that Runner was using the gem against Thanos...

TheLordofMurder
Granting invulnerability doesn't prove anything fight related.
Surfer, nor any character, operates at their highest in every appearance. Tp has nothing to do with Runner's aura. Surfer wasn't operating at his highest when fighting Runner.

1) Granting Invulnerability to Moondragon is simply an example of Runners power; Galan questioned his array of powers...this is an answer to his question.

2) So what are you saying, that only a high end Surfer can combat Runner? If so, then you agree that on average Runner is stronger than Surfer (and the comic clearly demonstrated Runners complete superiority over Surfer; Surfer couldnt even stratch him)...

3) As pertains TP, Surfer has great resistance to mental attacks; the fact that Runners aura was affecting Surfer despite his great mental fortitude is a testament to the strength of Runners "like me" aura...

zopzop
3) As pertains TP, Surfer has great resistance to mental attacks; the fact that Runners aura was affecting Surfer despite his great mental fortitude is a testament to the strength of Runners "like me" aura...
Also keep in mind that many Thor fans were saying Tutinax's 'fear aura' played a major role in his utter humiliation of Thor (on at least two different occasions). So on panel, one of the contestants in this thread has been shown to be vulnerable to emotion 'auras'.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
Also keep in mind that many Thor fans were saying Tutinax's 'fear aura' played a major role in his utter humiliation of Thor (on at least two different occasions). So on panel, one of the contestants in this thread has been shown to be vulnerable to emotion 'auras'.

thumb up

Henry_Pym

abhilegend

So just that? Superman beats the shit out of him.

And you don't have to be super duper ultra powerful to shrug off Surfer's energy blasts. In the same series a random monster who Surfer himself said was less powerful than him was shrugging off his most powerful attacks like nothing.

abhilegend
http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/25271528_SS_v3_049_11a.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/25271529_SS_v3_049_12a.jpg

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by abhilegend
http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/25271528_SS_v3_049_11a.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/25271529_SS_v3_049_12a.jpg

That creature didnt nearly kill Surfer while toying with him like Runner did though...

TheLordofMurder
So just that? Superman beats the shit out of him.

And you don't have to be super duper ultra powerful to shrug off Surfer's energy blasts. In the same series a random monster who Surfer himself said was less powerful than him was shrugging off his most powerful attacks like nothing.

This doesn't change the fact that on average, Runner is stronger than Supes...

Sorry, but average Supes isnt no saling a Surfer blast...

abhilegend
That creature didnt nearly kill Surfer while toying with him like Runner did though...
Surfer was weakened. A planet fall almost killed him.Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
This doesn't change the fact that on average, Runner is stronger than Supes...

Sorry, but average Supes isnt no saling a Surfer blast...
No, he is not.

Why not? Savage hulk has no sold Surfer's energy shots before.

abhilegend
And yes, Surfer was weakened. Here in the very next issue, he says how he participated in the fight against Korvac.

http://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/25271626_SS_v3_004_06b.jpg http://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/25271628_SS_v3_004_13a.jpg

And Champion states that he was weakened by that fight.

TheLordofMurder
Surfer was weakened. A planet fall almost killed him.

You force me to repost the same scans refruting this lie...

I will do so once again when I get home...but your line is 100% false...Runner threw Surfer into the planet nearly killing him.

Surfer didnt fall....

As for CURRENT Supes no saling Surfers energy, do I really need to post multiple scans showing him being hurt by far less?

TheLordofMurder
And yes, Surfer was weakened. Here in the very next issue, he says how he participated in the fight against Korvac.

http://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/25271626_SS_v3_004_06b.jpg http://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/25271628_SS_v3_004_13a.jpg

And Champion states that he was weakened by that fight.

Champ claimed that...

Surfer never did; Surfer owned it as a loss to a superior opponent...

I'll post a scan of this as well when I get home...

TheLordofMurder
And as your scan shows, Champ said that because Surfer embarrassed him with ease...

Fact of the matter is that (especially when you consider the time between the Korvac encounter and the rate at which we've seen Surfer recover on panel) is that there is no evidence of Surfer being weakened when fighting Runner...

Surfer claimed no weakness before, during, or after the fight...

Champs OPINION of Surfers power level is meaningless as he's been shown to be an overrated buffon over and over again...

So that's that...

:-)

zopzop
http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/25271528_SS_v3_049_11a.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/25271529_SS_v3_049_12a.jpg \
Didn't IG Thanos create that creature SPECIFICALLY to toy with Surfer? So this shouldn't be used against Surfer.

abhilegend
You force me to repost the same scans refruting this lie...

I will do so once again when I get home...but your line is 100% false...Runner threw Surfer into the planet nearly killing him.

Surfer didnt fall....

As for CURRENT Supes no saling Surfers energy, do I really need to post multiple scans showing him being hurt by far less?
What lie? Do you have any proof that Champion was lying?
Champ claimed that...

Surfer never did; Surfer owned it as a loss to a superior opponent...

I'll post a scan of this as well when I get home...
Yes. There is nothing to suggest it wasn't true.

\
Didn't IG Thanos create that creature SPECIFICALLY to toy with Surfer? So this shouldn't be used against Surfer.
Yes, it was still less powerful than Surfer as stated.Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
And as your scan shows, Champ said that because Surfer embarrassed him with ease...

Fact of the matter is that (especially when you consider the time between the Korvac encounter and the rate at which we've seen Surfer recover on panel) is that there is no evidence of Surfer being weakened when fighting Runner...

Surfer claimed no weakness before, during, or after the fight...

Champs OPINION of Surfers power level is meaningless as he's been shown to be an overrated buffon over and over again...

So that's that...

:-)
You are once again refuting on panel statements as it suits you.

No "Lord of lies" to bail out here. Surfer was weakened. Full stop.

TheLordofMurder
What lie? Do you have any proof that Champion was lying?

Yes. There is nothing to suggest it wasn't true.

Yes, it was still less powerful than Surfer as stated.
You are once again refuting on panel statements as it suits you.

No "Lord of lies" to bail out here. Surfer was weakened. Full stop.

One of the Elders in the next panel calls Champ to the carpet on having his feeling hurt by getting owned by Surfer; so there was plenty of incentive for Champ to say what he said...

And yes, there is plenty to suggest it wasnt true; Surfer never claimed weakness when he kicked Champs butt (which Surfer did pretty easily; he clearly didnt expend much energy if you actually read the fight), never claimed weakness before facing Runner, never claimed during his fight against Runner, and never claimed it when he lay dying because of the a$$ kicking Runner gave him...

Surfer had no appearance of weakness during his fight against Runner...

So yeah, all signs point to Champ being FoS...

Besides the Surfer owned the loss as a loss to a superior opponent...

Thus your argument fails...

Besides, to add fuel to the fact that Runner is clearly superior to Surfer, how do you explain Runner owning someone (Thanos) that has beaten Surfer like a rag doll?

Give it up Abhi...all signs point to Runner being clearly superior to Surfer; Surfer's fight against Runner fully correlates with this...why argue it?

TheLordofMurder
@abhi

Runners average is beyond Surfers, beyond Thors, and beyond that of Current Superman's...

Why argue against it?

abhilegend
One of the Elders in the next panel calls Champ to the carpet on having his feeling hurt by getting owned by Surfer; so there was plenty of incentive for Champ to say what he said...

And yes, there is plenty to suggest it wasnt true; Surfer never claimed weakness when he kicked Champs butt (which Surfer did pretty easily; he clearly didnt expend much energy if you actually read the fight), never claimed weakness before facing Runner, never claimed during his fight against Runner, and never claimed it when he lay dying because of the a$$ kicking Runner gave him...

Surfer had no appearance of weakness during his fight against Runner...

So yeah, all signs point to Champ being FoS...

Besides the Surfer owned the loss as a loss to a superior opponent...

Thus your argument fails...

Besides, to add fuel to the fact that Runner is clearly superior to Surfer, how do you explain Runner owning someone (Thanos) that has beaten Surfer like a rag doll?

Give it up Abhi...all signs point to Runner being clearly superior to Surfer; Surfer's fight against Runner fully correlates with this...why argue it?
That's not a proof that Champion was lying.

Try again. Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
@abhi

Runners average is beyond Surfers, beyond Thors, and beyond that of Current Superman's...

Why argue against it?
Because it isn't.

TheLordofMurder

Try again.
Because it isn't.

Yes it is; Champ was pulling stuff out of his rear end to make himself feel better and look better infront of the other Elders...

Why?

Because Runner crushed someone who kicked Champs butt with ease...

Besides, the more obvious proof is how would he know if Surfer was weakened? Champ has never demonstrated the ability to sense anothers power level...ever.

So yeah, he was just talking out of his a$$...

Surfer owned the loss...

Why cant you abhi?

TheLordofMurder

Try again.
Because it isn't.

Oh yeah, and Runners average is far greater than that of current Superman's...

Runner has never been harmed (or overpowered) by anyone less than a full strength Galactus and includes a fight against one who is arguably the top High Herald in comics and others who are full fledge Trans Tier characters...

So yeah, Runners average is far greater than that of Surfer, Thor, or Superman's...

Runner is repeatly portrayed as one is clearly beyond Herald...

Just accept the truth of this abhi...

abhilegend
Yes it is;

No, it is not. Glad we established that.

I've no interest in your make believe theories.

Come to me when you have any proof.

abhilegend

Runner has never been harmed (or overpowered) by anyone less than a full strength Galactus and includes a fight against one who is arguably the top High Herald in comics and others who are full fledge Trans Tier characters...

So yeah, Runners average is far greater than that of Surfer, Thor, or Superman's...

He was tripped and beaten by Mantis FFS.

TheLordofMurder
He was tripped and beaten by Mantis FFS.

Being tripped by Mantis was his PIS moment and hardly equates to a loss....

abhilegend
So you just ignore what you don't like as PIS?

Good, Superman beats the shit out of him.

zopzop
He was tripped and beaten by Mantis FFS. Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Exactly. Martial Arts Street Level PIS is legendary in comics. How many times have Flash and Superman been tagged by less than Mantis (the chick that was crippling Thor with pressure point attacks)?

"Atosecond" reaction time Flash was tripped by Deathstroke no?
http://s13.postimg.org/fhkvi7vhf/2249063_1339903_deathstroke_flash4_super.jpg

TheLordofMurder

100% truth...

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
So you just ignore what you don't like as PIS?

Good, Superman beats the shit out of him.

Based on their averages, Supes gets crushed by Runner...

abhilegend
Exactly. Martial Arts Street Level PIS is legendary in comics. How many times have Flash and Superman been tagged by less than Mantis (the chick that was crippling Thor with pressure point attacks)?

Flash has literally hundreds of showings to counterbalance those.

And he rarely goes all out against Slade.

TheLordofMurder

thumb up

abhilegend
So if you're just going to ignore anything and everything you don't like and are so convinced, why create the thread?

You're convincing nobody else.

TheLordofMurder
The polls suggest you are wrong....

abhilegend
Your socks don't count.

RealityWarper

Martial Arts in comics aren't PIS.

They are just BROKEN.

TheLordofMurder
Your socks don't count.

Lol...

Socks are for lesser posters such as yourself...

I have never used a sock and wont ever do so...

I'm TheLordofMurder everywhere; even on my PSN account...

Sorry pal, I dont stoop to the level you do...

abhilegend
Oh no, the dreaded "No you" attack!!!!

Horrors!!!!!!

TheLordofMurder

Runner wins...

thumb up

abhilegend
laughing out loud

quanchi112
Based on their averages, Supes gets crushed by Runner... thumb up

TheLordofMurder
And to deliver as promised, here's Surfer beng overpowered by Runner and thrown into a planet by Runner, nearly killing him...

Of course Abhi would have people believe that Surfer "fell" here...lol!!

TheLordofMurder
And here is Surfer owning his loss to a superior opponent (The Runner); no mention of being weakened here...just thoughts of dying:

abhilegend
And to deliver as promised, here's Surfer beng overpowered by Runner and thrown into a planet by Runner, nearly killing him...

Of course Abhi would have people believe that Surfer "fell" here...lol!!
Runner didn't even throw him anywhere. He let him go and surfer fell to the planet below.Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
And here is Surfer owning his loss to a superior opponent (The Runner); no mention of being weakened here...just thoughts of dying:
Surfer merely said he fought to Runner. No mention of being superior.

And it wasn't said by Surfer that he was weakened.

Troll more.

Galan007
1) Beating up Thanos (while Thanos had 3 Gems to Runners 1); true he had the Space Gem, but he never used it during the beating (no teleportation occured ; Runner was owning Thanos with nothing but his own natural speed and combat agility)... It's worth noting that Thanos didn't even attempt to fight back(offensively or defensively.) He just sat there and allowed Runner to attack him.

Had Thanos actually been fighting back, Runner's showing would be a lot more impressive.

TheLordofMurder
It's worth noting that Thanos didn't even attempt to fight back(offensively or defensively.) He just sat there and allowed Runner to attack him.

Had Thanos actually been fighting back, Runner's showing would be a lot more impressive.

Oh that's not true...

Thanos attempted to blast Runner and was punished for the attempt...

It was then that Runner threatened to beat Thanos into grape jelly if he didn't talk...Thanos choose to talk.

zopzop
It's worth noting that Thanos didn't even attempt to fight back(offensively or defensively.) He just sat there and allowed Runner to attack him.

Had Thanos actually been fighting back, Runner's showing would be a lot more impressive. Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Oh that's not true...

It was then that Runner threatened to beat Thanos into grape jelly if he didn't talk...Thanos choose to talk.
Thank you. He blitzed the everloving sh|t out of Thanos and had him there helpless till Thanos asked him to stop and hear him out.

Then how does Thanos beat him? By using the Time Gem to age him to the point of being helpless. Some win.

Galan007
Oh that's not true...

It was then that Runner threatened to beat Thanos into grape jelly if he didn't talk...Thanos choose to talk. That's true. I forgot about the eye-beam. thumb up

But still, that's all he attempted. No other blasts. No physicality. No shields. Nothing else. All that tells us is that Runner is fast enough to avoid Thanos' eye-beams. It doesn't tell us where Runner's personal power stands in comparison to that of Thanos. I'm essentially saying that if Runner would have straight up overpowered Thanos(like he did to Surfer), said showing would have been FAR more impressive... Which is true whether you like it or not.

...Though I suppose if Starlin had allowed Thanos to utilize abilities like shielding, Runner's 'awe-factor' would have dropped significantly, given that all of his attacks would have been completely ineffectual. /shrug

abhilegend
That's true. I forgot about the eye-beam. thumb up

But still, that's all he attempted. No other blasts. No physicality. No shields. Nothing else. All that tells us is that Runner is fast enough to avoid Thanos' eye-beams. It doesn't tell us where Runner's personal power stands in comparison to that of Thanos. I'm essentially saying that if Runner would have straight up overpowered Thanos(like he did to Surfer), said showing would have been FAR more impressive... Which is true whether you like it or not.

...Though I suppose if Starlin had allowed Thanos to utilize abilities like shielding, Runner's 'awe-factor' would have dropped significantly, given that all of his attacks would have been completely ineffectual. /shrug
Even Gamora can dodge Thanos' blasts.

Under Starlin to boot. Captain Mar-vell ran rings around him and actually wore him down untill he made a mistake.

http://i.imgur.com/dJyvLZN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7TYHmzT.jpg

Galan007
a.) That is pre-res Thanos, who was weaker than post-res Thanos. The latter is who I'm discussing.
b.) Pre-res Thanos still caught Marv and proceeded to one-shot him.
c.) I'm not saying Runner's showing vs. Thanos was unimpressive. I'm simply saying that if he would've straight up overpowered Thanos(like he did to Surfer), said showing would have been even more impressive... Which, again, is absolutely true.

d.) Is it possible for you not to lowball a character in every thread you participate in? Honest question, because I can't remember you doing so in recent years.

zopzop
Even Gamora can dodge Thanos' blasts.

Under Starlin to boot. Captain Mar-vell ran rings around him and actually wore him down untill he made a mistake.

http://i.imgur.com/dJyvLZN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7TYHmzT.jpg
That Captain Marvel showing is meaningless, since when Death rezzed Thanos to carryout his IG mission, she empowered him :
http://s28.postimg.org/6q78d0ltl/2967279_8627335273_tumbl.jpg

Runner took on a Thanos more powerful than the one Captain Marvel fought (who by the way was also rocking 2 or 3 Infinity Gems by the time he faced off vs Runner).

abhilegend
a.) That is pre-res Thanos, who was weaker than post-res Thanos. The latter is who I'm discussing.

Fine. Replace Marv with Gamora. Same result. And Thanos wasn't made faster than usual and given faster reflexes.

Who made a mistake of flying too slow and too low as per narration.

Until then, he wore Thanos down with sheer speed.

I'm not disagreement. I'm just saying, blitzing Thanos is not a big deal. Thanos isn't a speedster.

I'm not lowballing anybody here. If you think so, you must've some showings where Thanos stopped a blitz from a legit speedster.

I'd be happy to concede in that case.

abhilegend
That Captain Marvel showing is meaningless, since when Death rezzed Thanos to carryout his IG mission, she empowered him :
http://s28.postimg.org/6q78d0ltl/2967279_8627335273_tumbl.jpg

You think I don't know that?

More powerful? Yes. Faster? Nope.

And he didn't use them. So it's moot anyway.

Galan007
I'm not disagreement. I'm just saying, blitzing Thanos is not a big deal. Thanos isn't a speedster. I never said otherwise, so I'm still not sure why you even posted those irrelevant Mar-Vell/Thanos scans, if not to lowball..?

I'm not lowballing anybody here. If you think so, you must've some showings where Thanos stopped a blitz from a legit speedster.

I'd be happy to concede in that case. Anything brought up would just be downplayed anyway, so what's the point? Unlike most of the faction you debate with, I don't feel the need to argue just to get a word in these days. It's boring and tiresome.

Someone else may indulge your request, though. /shrug

abhilegend
I never said otherwise, so I'm still not sure why you even posted those irrelevant Mar-Vell/Thanos scans, if not to lowball..?

To show another character dodging the blasts and blitzing Thanos?

Alright.

TheLordofMurder
Runner didn't even throw him anywhere. He let him go and surfer fell to the planet below.
Surfer merely said he fought to Runner. No mention of being superior.

And it wasn't said by Surfer that he was weakened.

1) Lol...fanboy fail...Surfer was clearly thrown; note Runner holding Surfers wrists, then the twisting of his body as he flings Surfer at the planet.

2) Your reading comprehension sucks."I summoned the Power Cosmic, but he was an Elder." Clearly Surfer was acknowledging the fact that Runner was superior to him...only in the world of a Superman fan would that not compute.

3) Thats right, Surfer NEVER claimed weakness....why is that!?? Any idea's? Maybe, just mayyyybe, because Surfer wss not weakened!

wink

Happy Dance

TheLordofMurder
And he didn't use them. So it's moot anyway.

BS...

You get off on lying...dont you?

If he didn't use any of the Gems, how did he stop Runner?

Just answer that question so you can simultaneously confirm of truth of the matter and your status as one who willingly lies in debates about fictional characters...

wink

Happy Dance

TheLordofMurder
Thank you. He blitzed the everloving sh|t out of Thanos and had him there helpless till Thanos asked him to stop and hear him out.

Then how does Thanos beat him? By using the Time Gem to age him to the point of being helpless. Some win.

thumb up

Inhuman
The argument for Runner not actually throwing Surfer to the planet actually looks better for Runner.
The throw or impact didn't do much to Surfer. What almost killed Surfer was Runner out powering Surfer in their contest of strength.
After that Surfers, limp almost lifeless body fell or was thrown to the nearby planet.

Good job Abhi thumb up

Based on Abhis contributions to the thread Runner should have no problem with these 2

h1a8
To be honest, without the space gem Runner would have still been able to blitz Thanos. We don't know how much Thanos would have been affected, unless we go by the writer's intentions (Thanos would have indeed lost due to him resorting to using the time gem instead of beating him straight up). The writer's intentions are clear. So runner is indeed formidable.

This would be a good fight I think. Could go either way.

Juntai
I like how everyone is acting like Runner was beating the piss out of Thanos, but all he did was tear apart a chair and get owned by a gem. lol.

Galan007
Yeah, that's the elephant in the room.

Thanos sustained absolutely no injuries to his person from Runner's blitz. Aside from making a few empty boasts/threats to that effect, Runner just targeted/destroyed Thanos' chair with his blitz. Truth is, we don't know what would have actually happened had Runner physically assaulted Thanos--he may have owned him just the same, or he may not have been able to cause any lasting damage.

Of course the Runner brigade is bound to disagree, but truth is truth. /shrug

Juntai
Thanos was also clearly and purposely playing helpless to get his way, which he got. As right after that, he has no problems standing up and walking on empty space as he insults his intelligence and overconfidence.

psycho gundam
It is true, but keep in mind that his chair was also a creation of Death's IIRC. It seems like a far-fetched point but it has even also withstood Surfer's attack upon his first meeting with Thanos

Juntai
Here's Clint Eastwood destroying Obama in a debate via speedblitz. He stood no chance.

Galan007
Originally posted by psycho gundam
It is true, but keep in mind that his chair was also a creation of Death's IIRC. It seems like a far-fetched point but it has even also withstood Surfer's attack upon his first meeting with Thanos Were it's shield's up against Surfer? Because absolutely no shielding was up against Runner.

psycho gundam
He didn't (visibly) need anything nor his chair for that matter, the same chair that Thanos rode through those dimensions that were distorting him that he apparently willed his way through whereas his chair was unaffected. This happened in either the same comic as the Runner incident or the one before/after it.

It needs it's own respect thread

Juntai
The truth is, either of team 1 probably beats Runner. And together, they almost certainly do. Because Supes and Thor are above Surfer, as Runner was. And Supes and Thor both could both effortlessly break chairs while boasting if the scene called for it, just as Runner did.

Galan007
Physicality=/=energy-based shit, but it's a moot argument.

The point is that Runner did not target Thanos himself--only his chair. We have no way of knowing what effect said blitz would've had on Thanos himself.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Juntai
The truth is, either of team 1 probably beats Runner. And together, they almost certainly do. Because Supes and Thor are above Surfer, as Runner was. And Supes and Thor both could both effortlessly break chairs while boasting if the scene called for it, just as Runner did. No. The only certainty is that it's not certain. Another certainty is that Runner isn't weak, but determining his actual battle strength aside from over Surfer (from that time) is a fruitless endeavor

Galan007
I agree. There's no fruit to be had here.

Ayo!

Juntai
No. The only certainty is that it's not certain. Another certainty is that Runner isn't weak, but determining his actual battle strength aside from over Surfer (from that time) is a fruitless endeavor Fair enough. But as we can't apply a no limit fallacy to him, he's merely greater than Surfer, but that's not enough to beat two beings with greater feats and greater victories.

psycho gundam
Goes without saying.

Maybe a gauge of his power is that him as well as the other elders attacked Galactus from his insides without killing him and that was their intent throughout the entire arc. They even had Death's protection from dying so there wasn't even any risk from killing him from within since he's a star or something.

h1a8
Are writer's intentions and beliefs valid if they can be proven? For example, if we actually knew that the writer believed runner could beat Thanos easily then will that be acceptable?

If so, then I believe the writer painted a clear perception of runner being able to easily beat Thanos. The story had the reader believe that runner can reduce Thanos to a bloody pulp. At the very least, runner would have been very difficult for Thanos to overcome.

So since we have no other evidence then I believe Starlin painted a good picture. Runner is at least Thanos level and most likely more.

psycho gundam
k

quanchi112
Fair enough. But as we can't apply a no limit fallacy to him, he's merely greater than Surfer, but that's not enough to beat two beings with greater feats and greater victories. It is about how these characters match up not who is stronger or how other feats that don't apply to this situation stand.

TheLordofMurder
The truth is, either of team 1 probably beats Runner. And together, they almost certainly do. Because Supes and Thor are above Surfer, as Runner was. And Supes and Thor both could both effortlessly break chairs while boasting if the scene called for it, just as Runner did.

Bull...

We argue averages unless otherwise stated in the OP do we not?

Runner has 4 significant combat encounters; nearly killing Surfer while toying with him, crushing Collector, being beyond Thanos's ability to combat without the Time Gem, and being overwhelmed by a full strength Galactus...

The average of that takes a fat Sh!t all over the combat average of current Superman and Thor...

So yes, your belief that either beats Runner is total and complete garbage...

TheLordofMurder
Are writer's intentions and beliefs valid if they can be proven? For example, if we actually knew that the writer believed runner could beat Thanos easily then will that be acceptable?

If so, then I believe the writer painted a clear perception of runner being able to easily beat Thanos. The story had the reader believe that runner can reduce Thanos to a bloody pulp. At the very least, runner would have been very difficult for Thanos to overcome.

So since we have no other evidence then I believe Starlin painted a good picture. Runner is at least Thanos level and most likely more.

Based on Runner's four significant combat encounters, this is very possible...

Galan007
At the very least, runner would have been very difficult for Thanos to overcome. I can agree with this.

As for the picture painted by Starlin, it's subjective. All we saw Runner do is blitz Thanos' chair, monologue, dodge an eye-beam, blitz Thanos' chair some more, and monologue again... All the while Thanos played possum.

From my perspective Starlin didn't paint a clear picture that Runner could have straight up overpowered Thanos, but again, it's subjective.

TheLordofMurder
Thanos was also clearly and purposely playing helpless to get his way, which he got. As right after that, he has no problems standing up and walking on empty space as he insults his intelligence and overconfidence.

Correction, Thanos had no choice but to give in to Runners demands and talk as Thanos had no way to effectively fight back and could only take damage...

Thanos did take advantage of the fight stoppage to get a fix on Runner with the Time Gem however, and thats how Thanos won...

Thanos got up and walked over to Runner? Sure, thats easy to do when your opponent stops attacking you and just stands there and listens to what you have to say...so thats nothing impressive on the behalf of Thanos.

TheLordofMurder
Yeah, that's the elephant in the room.

Thanos sustained absolutely no injuries to his person from Runner's blitz. Aside from making a few empty boasts/threats to that effect, Runner just targeted/destroyed Thanos' chair with his blitz. Truth is, we don't know what would have actually happened had Runner physically assaulted Thanos--he may have owned him just the same, or he may not have been able to cause any lasting damage.

Of course the Runner brigade is bound to disagree, but truth is truth. /shrug

Well we know that Thanos took the option to talk rather than being beaten to grape jelly...so that says something.

TheLordofMurder
Were it's shield's up against Surfer? Because absolutely no shielding was up against Runner.

What would the shields have done? Only delay the inevitable...

Thanos wouldnt have been able to attack Runner either and then we'd have had another monologue by Thanos about him dreading the moment his shielding failed as he did when facing Champion...

Runner is linked to the Power Primordial; his stamina is limitless...he'd eventually have beaten Thanos's shielding down.

TheLordofMurder
No. The only certainty is that it's not certain. Another certainty is that Runner isn't weak, but determining his actual battle strength aside from over Surfer (from that time) is a fruitless endeavor

False...

He has other combat showing to draw data from...

Galan007
edit

TheLordofMurder
Fair enough. But as we can't apply a no limit fallacy to him, he's merely greater than Surfer, but that's not enough to beat two beings with greater feats and greater victories.

These two beings also have lesser feats and have both had humiliation rained down upon them as well...

We argue averages for that very reason...

Thor/Current Supes average...High Heralds.
Runners average...strong Trans.

Galan007
Well we know that Thanos took the option to talk rather than being beaten to grape jelly...so that says something. See, that's the thing you guys are forgetting: toward the end of their encounter, Starlin made it clear that Thanos had been feigning weakness against Runner:
http://i.imgur.com/J3EH6K5.jpg

Starlin also made it clear that Runner's speed is the only thing that saved him from Thanos(implying that Thanos was more powerful.)

TheLordofMurder
See that's the thing you guys are ignoring: Starlin made it clear that Thanos was feigning weakness the entire time:

Starlin also made it clear that Runner's speed is the only thing that saved him from Thanos(which implies that Thanos was more powerful.)

I disagree...

Thanos needed time to get a fix on Runner with the Time Gem; talking gave him his opportunity to do that...

As we saw in the comic, Thanos had no chance in direct combat as he couldnt reach him and couldnt hit him; direct combat was a no go for Thanos against Runner...

TheLordofMurder
Starlin also made it clear that Runner's speed is the only thing that saved him from Thanos(implying that Thanos was more powerful.)

Sure, his speed was the only thing saving him from a Thanos with 3 Infinity Gems (at that point Soul, Power, and Time)...

Being fast enough to save yourself from a Trans Tier being with 3 Infinity Gems is nothing to be ashamed of...

Galan007
I disagree...

Thanos needed time to get a fix on Runner with the Time Gem; talking gave him his opportunity to do that...

As we saw in the comic, Thanos had no chance in direct combat as he couldnt reach him and couldnt hit him; direct combat was a no go for Thanos against Runner... You gathered all that from Runner blitzing Thanos' chair, eh?

TheLordofMurder
You gathered all that from Runner blitzing Thanos' chair, eh?

Combined with Thanos's failed effort at counter attack and Thanos giving in to Runners demands...yes.

psycho gundam
Dat chair

It even took out some characters during infinity war, I think Xavier and someone else IIRC

TheLordofMurder
Dat chair

It even took out some characters during infinity war, I think Xavier and someone else IIRC

It did...that chair was quite formidible.

Juntai
See, that's the thing you guys are forgetting: toward the end of their encounter, Starlin made it clear that Thanos had been feigning weakness against Runner:

Starlin also made it clear that Runner's speed is the only thing that saved him from Thanos(implying that Thanos was more powerful.) thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Sure, his speed was the only thing saving him from a Thanos with 3 Infinity Gems (at that point Soul, Power, and Time)...

Being fast enough to save yourself from a Trans Tier being with 3 Infinity Gems is nothing to be ashamed of...

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Bull...

Runner has 4 significant combat encounters; nearly killing Surfer while toying with him, crushing Collector, being beyond Thanos's ability to combat without the Time Gem, and being overwhelmed by a full strength Galactus...

The average of that takes a fat Sh!t all over the combat average of current Superman and Thor...

So yes, your belief that either beats Runner is total and complete garbage...

thumb up

Galan007
Thanos attacked Runner once. That's it. Runner dodging said eye-beam certainly doesn't imply that every single ability in Thanos' arsenal would have been ineffective. That said, Starlin made it clear at the end: Thanos allowed Runner to think he'd won so that he'd stop and gloat/monologue long enough for Thanos to deage him with the time gem. Thanos wasn't trying to win beforehand; not really--and he certainly didn't want to risk physically harming Runner. After all, baby Runner was the bargaining chip Thanos used to acquire the reality gem from the Collector. That's why Thanos used the time gem to defeat Runner--it didn't harm him at all, yet left him perfectly helpless as an infant.

Anywho, it's subjective. You cannot prove that Runner could have overpowered Thanos anymore then I can prove he couldn't have.

And why is it that when someone doesn't agree with you, you start reposting your previous posts and 'thumbs-uping' them? Do you think agreeing with yourself solidifies your point or something? confused

Juntai
Bull...

So yes, your belief that either beats Runner is total and complete garbage... The level of wrong here. ..

No. Characters use anything in their power. For example, Flash doesn't always go balls out in story, but as its proven in his scope of power, on the forum, he can and will. It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up. This doesn't mean average. It simply the best they are under their own conditions. No powerups or weakened unless specified. This is why Supes is a top dog on the forum.

See, the forum rules defy averages. Otherwise Wally and Barry would be running around mach speed on the forum.
Unlocking Superman and Thor in this manner assures victory, either one the greater in feats and victories here. Certainly they are combined.

Beating a chair doesn't mean anything. He didn't beat Thanos. He didn't have Thanos on the ropes. It was a non-encounter for him. If anything it showed weakness in him, exactly as it was written.

Beating Collector isn't impressive to me. As far as we can gather is Elders are around herald level, give or take. Surfer tooled most of the Elders, though he did get the worse of it a few times. The couple he lost to, he also beat, save Runner who he didn't have another battle with.
Thor has also defeated most of them.
Even She Hulk has beat champion
Gladiator has beat a few.
Beta Ray Bill.
Etc.
Most of their appearances have them losing over and over.

One Big Mob
Wait... I think it's pretty clear Thanos was physically attacked there, hence the torn up armor that doesn't just get shredded from someone attacking a chair.

Not sure how much that changes, but bran

Juntai
wut?

One Big Mob
wut? Thanos' armor is durable as ****. I always took that scene to be Runner attacking Thanos directly everytime he made a pass since the speedlines don't really tell a whole story.

Galan007
^ His armor was ruffled as collateral damage from being tossed around in Runner's wake, imo.

For completions sake, here's their entire battle:
http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/25285378_The_Thanos_Quest_02-007.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/25285379_The_Thanos_Quest_02-008.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/25285380_The_Thanos_Quest_02-009.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/25285381_The_Thanos_Quest_02-010.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/25285382_The_Thanos_Quest_02-011.jpg

http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/25285383_The_Thanos_Quest_02-012.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/25285384_The_Thanos_Quest_02-013.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/25285385_The_Thanos_Quest_02-014.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/25285386_The_Thanos_Quest_02-015.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/25285387_The_Thanos_Quest_02-016.jpg

From what we can tell, all of Runner's attacks targeted Thanos' chair; not Thanos himself.

But even if you think otherwise, it changes nothing. Thanos was purposefully feigning weakness the entire time--allowing Runner to think he'd won.

Juntai

Juntai
^ His armor was ruffled as collateral damage from being tossed around in Runner's wake, imo.

From what we can tell, all of Runner's attacks targeted Thanos' chair; not Thanos himself.

But even if you think otherwise, it changes nothing. Thanos was purposefully feigning weakness the entire time. thumb up

abhilegend
Originally posted by Inhuman
The argument for Runner not actually throwing Surfer to the planet actually looks better for Runner.

Why? Surfer wasn't dying from his attacks. He started dying after falling to the planet.

How does outpowering someone kills them?

Haha, no.

laughing out loud

Go troll BvS threads.

One Big Mob

http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/25285378_The_Thanos_Quest_02-007.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/25285379_The_Thanos_Quest_02-008.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/25285380_The_Thanos_Quest_02-009.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/25285381_The_Thanos_Quest_02-010.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/25285382_The_Thanos_Quest_02-011.jpg

http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/25285383_The_Thanos_Quest_02-012.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/25285384_The_Thanos_Quest_02-013.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/25285385_The_Thanos_Quest_02-014.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/25285386_The_Thanos_Quest_02-015.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t/25285387_The_Thanos_Quest_02-016.jpg

But even if you think otherwise, it changes nothing. Thanos was purposefully feigning weakness the entire time--allowing Runner to think he'd won. I remember more passes. Been a while.

That last one landed though. Meh. I just realize I haven't really read Thanos Quest much.

I'm just saying it looks even worse when he's teleporting into superspeed attacks and at best he can do is damage armor (although it is durable).

Galan007
thumb up

If you believe the blitz connected every time, then yeah, it makes Runner look like dog shit given that Thanos didn't even try to mount a defense, yet had absolutely NO physical injuries afterward. Heh.

Bran over here lowballing again. thumb down

TheLordofMurder
Thanos attacked Runner once. That's it. Runner dodging said eye-beam certainly doesn't imply that every single ability in Thanos' arsenal would have been ineffective. That said, Starlin made it clear at the end: Thanos allowed Runner to think he'd won so that he'd stop and gloat/monologue long enough for Thanos to deage him with the time gem. Thanos wasn't trying to win beforehand; not really--and he certainly didn't want to risk physically harming Runner. After all, baby Runner was the bargaining chip Thanos used to acquire the reality gem from the Collector. That's why Thanos used the time gem to defeat Runner--it didn't harm him at all, yet left him perfectly helpless as an infant.

Anywho, it's subjective. You cannot prove that Runner could have overpowered Thanos anymore then I can prove he couldn't have.

And why is it that when someone doesn't agree with you, you start reposting your previous posts and 'thumbs-uping' them? Do you think agreeing with yourself solidifies your point or something? confused

The way I see it, Thanos only attacked once because he saw that further assault would be pointless as Runner very easily evaded his attack (while smiling about it) and punished him casually...

As pertains Starlings intent, I disagree as I believe its subject to interpretation; they way I see it, Thanos turned something he was forced to do into an advantage...which was talking to Runner.

Thanos had to give in to Runners demands or Runner would have blitzed him until he was truly grape jelly, but Runner standing still also gave Thanos the time he needed to use the Time Gem on him...

The way I see it, Thanos did an expert job (which highlights his great intellect) of turning a fight he couldnt directly win to something that was very advatageous to himself...

Props to Thanos for this...

As for me giving myself thumbs up, it is not done when someone disagrees with me, but I do do it for a variety of reasons...

I will do it when someone gives a thumb up for a point that I believe I have already refuted; I did this in this thread when Jun gave you a thumb up on your point that Thanos was more powerful than Runner because it should be obvious that Thanos with 3 Infinity Gems (that he knows how to use) is stronger than Runner with a lone Infinity Gem that he only sometimes uses subconsciously...

I will give myself a thumb up on a previous point when someone resorts to repeating him/herself depite being proven wrong; once again, I will simply thumb up a point refuting what they are repeating...

So in conclusion, I give myself thumbs up for a variety of reasons, but not simply because someone disagrees with me...

Galan007
Thanos had to give in to Runners demands or Runner would have blitzed him until he was truly grape jelly You are entitled to your own opinions, but this right here is baseless. It truly is.

There is literally no proof that Runner's blitz could have significantly injured Thanos at all... Let alone killed/jellied him. Again: even though Thanos was feigning weakness and didn't even attempt to mount a defense of any sort, Runner's "punishment"(as you called it) caused absolutely no damage to Thanos' person. There was literally not a scratch on him.

So with Runner's empty boasts aside, there is no proof that his blitz > Thanos' durability. None.

TheLordofMurder
The level of wrong here. ..

No. Characters use anything in their power. For example, Flash doesn't always go balls out in story, but as its proven in his scope of power, on the forum, he can and will. It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up. This doesn't mean average. It simply the best they are under their own conditions. No powerups or weakened unless specified. This is why Supes is a top dog on the forum.

See, the forum rules defy averages. Otherwise Wally and Barry would be running around mach speed on the forum.
Unlocking Superman and Thor in this manner assures victory, either one the greater in feats and victories here. Certainly they are combined.

Beating a chair doesn't mean anything. He didn't beat Thanos. He didn't have Thanos on the ropes. It was a non-encounter for him. If anything it showed weakness in him, exactly as it was written.

Beating Collector isn't impressive to me. As far as we can gather is Elders are around herald level, give or take. Surfer tooled most of the Elders, though he did get the worse of it a few times. The couple he lost to, he also beat, save Runner who he didn't have another battle with.
Thor has also defeated most of them.
Even She Hulk has beat champion
Gladiator has beat a few.
Beta Ray Bill.
Etc.
Most of their appearances have them losing over and over.

No, you are incorrect...

Characters (as per base rules) fight in character, sans PIS, using their average unless otherwise stated in the OP...

Now within those confines, they will fight to the best of their ability...

Thats how it goes...

And with those being the parameters, Runner is clearly superior to current Superman and Thor...

As for the Elders track record, they job...they typically job relentlessly.

But that doesnt change the fact that Runner has an excellent track record; nearly killing Surfer while toying with him, crushing Collector, forcing Thanos with 3 Infinity Gems to win by trickery, and being overpowered by a full strength Galactus...

That adds up to a very high average...one that is beyond that of current Superman or Thor.

TheLordofMurder
You are entitled to your own opinions, but this right here is baseless. It truly is.

There is literally no proof that Runner's blitz could have significantly injured Thanos at all... Let alone killed/jellied him. Again: even though Thanos was feigning weakness and didn't even attempt to mount a defense of any sort, Runner's "punishment"(as you called it) caused absolutely no damage to Thanos' person. There was literally not a scratch on him.

So with Runner's empty boasts aside, there is no proof that his blitz>Thanos' durability. None.

We agree to disagree then...

I believe Thanos felt Runner had the ability to follow through on his threat to beat him into grape jelly, you feel otherwise...and thats the right both of us possesses.

Juntai
No, you are incorrect...

Characters (as per base rules) fight in character, sans PIS, using their average unless otherwise stated in the OP...

Now within those confines, they will fight to the best of their ability...

Thats how it goes...

And with those being the parameters, Runner is clearly superior to current Superman and Thor...

As for the Elders track record, they job...they typically job relentlessly.

But that doesnt change the fact that Runner has an excellent track record; nearly killing Surfer while toying with him, crushing Collector, forcing Thanos with 3 Infinity Gems to win by trickery, and being overpowered by a full strength Galactus...

That adds up to a very high average...one that is beyond that of current Superman or Thor.
No. You're wrong. It is specifically the site's rules that characters use anything in their power to win. For example, Flash doesn't always go balls out in story, but as its proven in his scope of power, on the forum, he can and will. It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up. This doesn't mean average. It simply the best they are under their own conditions. No powerups or weakened unless specified.

They will fight within character, meaning Superman or whoever isn't going to kill, or some such, but it doesn't mean a Flash or Thor or Supes is going to tone it down for their enemies as they do in comics.

Juntai
You are entitled to your own opinions, but this right here is baseless. It truly is.

So with Runner's empty boasts aside, there is no proof that his blitz > Thanos' durability. None. Pretty much.

And we knew he was feigning as he was pretending to be helpless and hold onto the chair pieces like space flotsam for his dear life, like he would drown in a sea stars without it to hold him aloft . . . then said "I think not." And simply stood up and walked across and owned him, as he could have done from the start. He was playing him the entire encounter.

TheLordofMurder
No. You're wrong. It is specifically the site's rules that characters use anything in their power to win. For example, Flash doesn't always go balls out in story, but as its proven in his scope of power, on the forum, he can and will. It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up. This doesn't mean average. It simply the best they are under their own conditions. No powerups or weakened unless specified.

They will fight within character, meaning Superman or whoever isn't going to kill, or some such, but it doesn't mean a Flash or Thor or Supes is going to tone it down for their enemies as they do in comics.

But you still use the characters average unless otherwise stated in the OP...

Average Supes/Thor are High Heralds, thus unless its otherwise stated in the OP, they fight at a High Herald level of power...

Otherwise all characters would only be considered using their very highest showings...and thats clearly not the way we debate here; if it was as you say, then Thor, Surfer, and Supes are all abstracts (or atleast Skyfathers) based on their very highest showings.

TheLordofMurder
Pretty much.

And we knew he was feigning as he was pretending to be helpless and hold onto the chair pieces like space flotsam for his dear life, like he would drown in a sea stars without it to hold him aloft . . . then said "I think not." And simply stood up and walked across and owned him, as he could have done from the start.

Yeah...after several minutes of dialog where Runner didnt attack him.

As for Thanos playing him, Thanos didnt even know where Runner was when he teleported to Runners general area; Runner had a clear and decisive advantage up until he made the mistake of halting his assault on Thanos to talk.

Juntai
But you still use the characters average unless otherwise stated in the OP...

Average Supes/Thor are High Heralds, thus unless its otherwise stated in the OP, they fight at a High Herald level of power... That's not written anywhere in the rules. It says they will use anything in their power to win. It even gives specific example, mentioning Flash will be light-speed out of the gate, unlike in the comic, because it within his power to do so.

Juntai
Yeah...after several minutes of dialog where Runner didnt attack him.

As for Thanos playing him, Thanos didnt even know where Runner was when he teleported to Runners general area; Runner had a clear and decisive advantage up until he made the mistake of halting his assault on Thanos to talk. His advantage was false. Thanos was playing him. Then owned him.

Runner has no good feats in this encounter.

Inhuman
Thanos had the power , soul and time gems when he fought Runner. If that counts for anything.

Juntai
Originally posted by Inhuman
Thanos had the power , soul and time gems when he fought Runner. If that counts for anything. Not the point. The point was that Runner didn't do anything but break a chair. He was trying to act like Runner was kicking Thanos' ass up and down the spaceways earlier in the thread, but he never even hit him.

zopzop
His advantage was false. Thanos was playing him. Then owned him.

Runner has no good feats in this encounter.
Do you not understand Thanos was playing him because Thanos had the trump card : the Time Gem (and Power Gem and Soul Gem). Thanos beat Runner by using the TIME GEM.

Galan007
As I said earlier:Originally posted by Galan007
Starlin made it clear at the end: Thanos allowed Runner to think he'd won so that he'd stop and gloat/monologue long enough for Thanos to deage him with the time gem. Thanos wasn't trying to win beforehand; not really--and he certainly didn't want to risk physically harming Runner with an all-out battle or w/e. After all, baby Runner was the bargaining chip Thanos used to acquire the reality gem from the Collector. That's why Thanos used the time gem to defeat Runner--it didn't harm him at all, yet left him perfectly helpless as an infant.

Juntai
Do you not understand Thanos was playing him because Thanos had the trump card : the Time Gem (and Power Gem and Soul Gem). Thanos beat Runner by using the TIME GEM. Originally posted by Juntai
Not the point. The point was that Runner didn't do anything but break a chair. He was trying to act like Runner was kicking Thanos' ass up and down the spaceways earlier in the thread, but he never even hit him.

TheLordofMurder
10-5 in favor of Runner...

KMC has spoken...

Runner wins...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.