Silver Surfer runs the team gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
Surfer runs the gauntlet. Post annihilation Surfer that is. Surfer is bloodlusted but in character.

1. Infinity Watch (Blood and Thunder)
2. JSA (Black Reign)
3. JLA (J'onn , Diana, Orion, Barda, Kyle)
4. Imperiex probes (The probes who went against Daxam and JLA)
5.Assembly of heroes in WWIII

Where does he stop?

zopzop
Depends. Are they fighting to the best of their abilities or are they fighting like idiots in the storylines you mentioned?

If they fighting to the best of their abilities, he doesn't get past 1. If they fighting like idiots, he clears.

carver9
Stops at 5.

DarkSaint85
Carv, are you crazy?? EACH of those probes were easily High Heralds!!!

abhilegend
Originally posted by zopzop
Depends. Are they fighting to the best of their abilities or are they fighting like idiots in the storylines you mentioned?

If they fighting to the best of their abilities, he doesn't get past 1. If they fighting like idiots, he clears.
They are fighting in character just like they did in comics.

How does he clear it?

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
Thanks for clarifying that. He clears it then.

By killing them all? Black holes in brains, transmuting them into tampons, time traveling to the past to kill them or dumping them into the future, letting loose a Planet busting AoE that annihilates them, etc... Sky's the limit.

Delta1938
Surfer runs the gauntlet. Post annihilation Surfer that is. Surfer is bloodlusted but in character.

2. JSA (Black Reign)

Where does he stop?

So other than intending to maim/kill, he's otherwise fighting the same?

I would think he might not get past 1. I'm not familiar with the JSA line-up during that arc, but definitely don't see him making it past 3.

abhilegend

Oh really?

And when has he ever done any of those?

He has never opened black holes in any body's brain.

Time traveling means leaving the battlefield and losing the match by default.

Planet busting attacks? Please. These are beings who laugh at these attacks.

carver9

By killing them all? Black holes in brains, transmuting them into tampons, time traveling to the past to kill them or dumping them into the future, letting loose a Planet busting AoE that annihilates them, etc... Sky's the limit.

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
@abhi

Always make gauntlets polls; makes the thread more interesting... smile

Now to answer the question in the OP, since Surfer is bloodlusted, but in character (so I would assume that means he isnt killing in exotic, creative, fashion), I'd say he stops at 4....

BUT, I am also assuming no rest or recovery time inbetween rounds with that...

So I gotta ask, is he restored to full strength between rounds or is he running it with no rest or recovery time inbetween rounds of combat?

abhilegend
So you think that Surfer can beat Alan Scott, Dr. Fate, Captain Marvel, Power Girl and Fury at once?

And entire Infinity Watch?

Based on?

carver9
ABHI...you made the thread so I'm sure something in your head thought Surfer could pull some wins against them, unless, you intentionally made a spite thread.

psycho gundam
He generated the specific point he wants to argue at the moment, knowing there will be opposition and welcoming it. Probably has all the .cbr comic folders open as we speak

Classic

One Big Mob
Originally posted by carver9
ABHI...you made the thread so I'm sure something in your head thought Surfer could pull some wins against them, unless, you intentionally made a spite thread. Abhi at least thinks Surfer has a chance to get through some of them.thumb up

Prof. T.C McAbe

2. JSA (Black Reign)

Where does he stop?

Stops dead at 1.

StiltmanFTW

Delta1938
So you think that Surfer can beat Alan Scott, Dr. Fate, Captain Marvel, Power Girl and Fury at once?

Based on?

Oh that was the JSA line-up? Not familiar with Fury though.

Yeah, Surfer maybe makes it past 1, definitely stops at 2.

TheLordofMurder

Based on?

Withstanding attacks from T and A...

Being powerful enough to manipulate the Crunch energies...

This version of Surfer was a mini Cosmic Containment Unit...

And you never answered my question; is Surfer running this without rest or recovery time, or is he restored to full strength after every round of combat?

Because if its the latter, I'm with zopzop...Surfer clears.

StiltmanFTW
What is Surfer borrows from Drac his army of the creatures of the night and dual adamantium katanas?

Philosophía
What the f*ck? Sufer stops at 1, hard. The rest of the gauntlet is simply roflstomps.

One has to be legitimately retarded to think he clears this.

Magnon
Yeah, every one of those teams would beat Surfer silly.

Stops at 1.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
What is Surfer borrows from Drac his army of the creatures of the night and dual adamantium katanas?

Surfer spite stomps Galactus under these conditions...

thumb up

Fiendish
I've never been very impressed by Surfer's performance against teams. That being said, I think he has a good chance against the Infinity Watch at least. His speed significantly outclasses everyone on the Watch and based on his recent clash with Galactus in Slott's Surfer series, a bloodlusted Surfer is far more likely to use his speed in combat these days.

Surfer's already shrugged off Moondragon with the Mind Gem. Drax was so dumb that it shouldn't be difficult for Surfer to relieve him of the Power Gem. Pip and Gamora of course wouldn't be a problem at all.

Warlock could be a real problem but Surfer was able to resist the Inbetweener with the Soul Gem and I think Surfer's substantial power creep over the years gives him a good chance of beating Adam, at least as he was shown during Blood & Thunder.

quanchi112

How does he clear it? He just told you. laughing out loud

abhilegend
ABHI...you made the thread so I'm sure something in your head thought Surfer could pull some wins against them, unless, you intentionally made a spite thread.
Nope. I just created a thread. Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Withstanding attacks from T and A...

Being powerful enough to manipulate the Crunch energies...

This version of Surfer was a mini Cosmic Containment Unit...

And you never answered my question; is Surfer running this without rest or recovery time, or is he restored to full strength after every round of combat?

Because if its the latter, I'm with zopzop...Surfer clears.
You didn't answer my question.

You think he can beat the entire Infinity Watch?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Fiendish
I've never been very impressed by Surfer's performance against teams. That being said, I think he has a good chance against the Infinity Watch at least. His speed significantly outclasses everyone on the Watch and based on his recent clash with Galactus in Slott's Surfer series, a bloodlusted Surfer is far more likely to use his speed in combat these days.

Uh, what?

It was just a mental bolt. Spider-Man tanked one too.

Drax was choking Surfer out even without the gem. With the gem he was on another level.

Surfer vs Champion who is greatly amped.

http://s3d4.turboimg.net/t1/24404713_SS_v3_098_12a.jpg http://s3d4.turboimg.net/t1/24404714_SS_v3_098_12b.jpg http://s3d4.turboimg.net/t1/24404715_SS_v3_098_13a.jpg

Surfer flat out stated that Champion now rivals him in power.

http://s3d4.turboimg.net/t1/24404712_SS_v3_098_08b.jpg

Drax vs Champion.

http://s3d4.turboimg.net/t1/24404697_draxownschampion.jpg http://s3d4.turboimg.net/t1/24404698_draxownschampion1.jpg

Warlock had no problem man handling Surfer or merging his soul with the Surfer.

TheLordofMurder
You think he can beat the entire Infinity Watch?

Normal Surfer? Not a chance...

Surfer as portrayed in Annihilation? Absolutely...

Fiendish
Uh, what?
Recently we saw a bloodlusted Surfer clearly using his speed offensively in combat.

i.imgur.com/0QzP5Ir.jpg
i.imgur.com/gW5Gu8w.jpg

Surfer not only has better speed than any of the Watch, Post-Annihilation he blitzed Richard Rider (a character who also has better speed than any of the Watch) so fast that Richard didn't even know what had hit him.

Your OP conditions state Post-Annihilation Surfer, all the showings you just noted are prior to that.

Post-Annihilation Surfer seems significantly hardier than he was before. We saw in both of his encounters with Aegis and Tenebrous, he required multiple hits to be put down. During Chaos War, a powered up Hercules tried and failed to knock Surfer out with a punch. During the Galactus Seed arc in The Mighty Thor, Thor was completely unable to keep Surfer down despite many attempts.

abhilegend
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Normal Surfer? Not a chance...

Surfer as portrayed in Annihilation? Absolutely...
Why? Because he destroyed a planet?Originally posted by Fiendish
Recently we saw a bloodlusted Surfer clearly using his speed offensively in combat.

i.imgur.com/0QzP5Ir.jpg
i.imgur.com/gW5Gu8w.jpg

And using energy blasts only. That's not going to bother someone like Drax too much.

From behind? He just flew really fast and grabbed him by throat when he was focusing on Galactus.

http://i.imgur.com/j2sONxb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JHDxOJ8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/n9hjz3X.jpg

And the difference being? Surfer isn't more powerful than pre-annihilation.

And? If you think getting almost killed by four attacks from two skyfather level being is really that much, you have never seen fight of other heralds to skyfathers.

Herc was still trying to adjust to his power. In the same arc, Zeus tooled surfer like nothing.

Thor was weakened. He still manhandled Surfer like nothing.

Surfer couldn't even hurt him with his energy attacks. The only thing he could do was cheapshot Thor several times with his board.

And an alternate Warlock with no feats, koed him in one blast. A cheapshot but still.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11116/111164369/4478693-thanos+-+the+infinity+revelation+-+page+59.jpg

zopzop
Uh, what?

It was just a mental bolt. Spider-Man tanked one too.

Drax was choking Surfer out even without the gem. With the gem he was on another level.

Surfer vs Champion who is greatly amped.

http://s3d4.turboimg.net/t1/24404713_SS_v3_098_12a.jpg http://s3d4.turboimg.net/t1/24404714_SS_v3_098_12b.jpg http://s3d4.turboimg.net/t1/24404715_SS_v3_098_13a.jpg

Surfer flat out stated that Champion now rivals him in power.

http://s3d4.turboimg.net/t1/24404712_SS_v3_098_08b.jpg

Drax vs Champion.

http://s3d4.turboimg.net/t1/24404697_draxownschampion.jpg http://s3d4.turboimg.net/t1/24404698_draxownschampion1.jpg

Warlock had no problem man handling Surfer or merging his soul with the Surfer.

Not for anything, but did you even read the final two "Drax vs Champion" scans? Surfer could have ended Champion whenever he wanted to but didn't want to risk hurting him. Drax didn't care and that's why it ended so fast.

Fiendish
From behind? He just flew really fast and grabbed him by throat when he was focusing on Galactus.
He grabbed Richard by the neck, briefly flew with him and then hurled him away from Galactus. He did all that and Richard still thought he had only been hit by an energy beam.

Both Aegis and Tenebrous were explicitly stated to be equal to Galactus in power. Tenebrous went toe to toe with Galactus, injured him and received no injury in return. You consider them just skyfather level?

In the issue prior to Hercules punching Surfer, Hercules was physically slapping around All-Fathers when the Council of Godheads tried to stop him.

The Chaos King was inside Zeus amping him, that's why he was able to shrug off Galactus's attack and then one-shot him.

I assume your talking about Thor's world tree injury, the injury was only ever indicated to have been causing him pain. There was no statements or indication that he was at all weakened AFAIK.

Surfer was hardly trying to fight Thor at all during the whole arc. He was clearly holding back, he even abruptly stopped the fight on Mars because he was worried about Thor's injury. This in contrast with Thor, who repeatedly stated his intention to kill Surfer and took nearly every opportunity to directly attack him. Thor was well motivated and out for blood and he still couldn't keep Surfer down.

carver9
@ABHI...

That same Warlock was stated as being one of the most powerful being in the universe. Hardly a low showing for Surfer. Everyone was fighting to get the power that was inside Warlock. Nice attempt though ABHI.

abhilegend

Not for anything, but did you even read the final two "Drax vs Champion" scans? Surfer could have ended Champion whenever he wanted to but didn't want to risk hurting him. Dead didn't care and that's why it ended so fast.

Haha, what? How could Surfer have ended champion whenever he wanted? On his words?

Pardon me if I don't take his words as gospel.

And he certainly could not have done with a simple tap like Drax did. He does not have the power to do that.

abhilegend
He grabbed Richard by the neck, briefly flew with him and then hurled him away from Galactus. He did all that and Richard still thought he had only been hit by an energy beam.

Yes, by surprise. All he did was fly fast.

Nothing say a green Lantern can't do.

Yes. Galactus himself is skyfather level.

But if you think that's impressive, you should check Thor vs Celestials, Captain Marvel vs Spectre or Superman vs dozens of abstract level beings he has gone against.

Heck, none of them were left for dead in four attacks. I don't know why Surfer fans cling to that so fiercely.

So do you consider Surfer skyfather level now as Hercules didn't ko him with a punch?

Check Surfer vs Odin or Surfer vs Geia if you want to see a skyfather oneshotting Surfer.

I know. But the same Zeus didn't oneshot Thor.

Thor >Galactus, right?

Wounds like those weaken characters.

Just after he went against Hulk, it almost killed him.

So yeah, it weakened him alright.

When he tried to fight back, he injured himself trying to hurt Thor.

Thor also no sold his point blank energy attack and was going to kill him when Sif stopped them.

Doesn't looks like Surfer had any effect on Thor.

Thor was also weakened. If you think Surfer not folding down like a ***** against Thor when he is smacking him around at will and resorting to cheapshots is him stalemating Thor, more power to you.

It distinctly looked to me that Thor made Surfer his ***** though.

-Pr-
That's a weird order...

Also, thinking we should start to bring in a rule where certain posters can't make threads for certain characters... Wonder what Bada would think. mmm

abhilegend
@ABHI...

That same Warlock was stated as being one of the most powerful being in the universe. Hardly a low showing for Surfer. Everyone was fighting to get the power that was inside Warlock. Nice attempt though ABHI.
Haha, what? Warlock didn't have the power of an entire reality in him at the time.

You should stop posting.

abhilegend
Originally posted by -Pr-
That's a weird order...

Also, thinking we should start to bring in a rule where certain posters can't make threads for certain characters... Wonder what Bada would think. mmm
I made the order in power level.

uhuh

Fiendish
Yes. Galactus himself is skyfather level.

But if you think that's impressive, you should check Thor vs Celestials, Captain Marvel vs Spectre or Superman vs dozens of abstract level beings he has gone against.

Heck, none of them were left for dead in four attacks. I don't know why Surfer fans cling to that so fiercely.
You're bringing up characters and feats not remotely relevant to a Surfer vs The Infinity Watch fight why? Me thinks there be an agenda here.

Nope. However the fact that Hercules tried and failed to knock Surfer out speaks for itself.

That's a nice tangent, it's also unrelated to Surfer vs The Infinity Watch.

i.imgur.com/Gk85pZZ.jpg

In your mind that's Thor about to kill Surfer? Ok...

It's called cognitive bias.

abhilegend
You're bringing up characters and feats not remotely relevant to a Surfer vs The Infinity Watch fight why? Me thinks there be an agenda here.

Just pointing out the fact that he is not the only character to go against skyfathers and survive.

And what would be that?

Not really.

Nope, I said Thor was going to kill Surfer.

Not that he was about to. There is a difference you know.

Nope.

celeyhyga17
🔨 and 🏄 = stalemate in most recent fight.

zopzop
Haha, what? How could Surfer have ended champion whenever he wanted? On his words?

Pardon me if I don't take his words as gospel.

And he certainly could not have done with a simple tap like Drax did. He does not have the power to do that.
You don't have to take my word or his word. Take Mephisto's word for it. He flat out stated the reason he got Drax was because Surfer would never want to hurt Champion.

Mephisto knows what he's talking about. Surfer confirmed.

PS, "Nova" isn't really Nova in this story arc. It's Mephisto disguised as Nova in an attempt to steal Surfer's soul.

TheLordofMurder
You don't have to take my word or his word. Take Mephisto's word for it. He flat out stated the reason he got Drax was because Surfer would never want to hurt Champion.

PS, "Nova" isn't really Nova in this story arc. It's Mephisto disguised as Nova in an attempt to steal Surfer's soul.

thumb up

quanchi112

PS, "Nova" isn't really Nova in this story arc. It's Mephisto disguised as Nova in an attempt to steal Surfer's soul. Further proof abhi doesn't read the comics he just posts scans H1 style.

abhilegend

That doesn't mean he can beat him just any time he wanted.

Surfer flat out told Champion was on par to him in power at that point.

No, he didn't.

You think I don't know that?

Genii96
Same old story.....surfer lowballing.....

One-Punch
Surfer is supposed to fight every hero on Earth in issue#3 of his new series.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Silver_Surfer_Vol_8_3

I'd wait and see what he does before deciding.

abhilegend
It doesn't looks like it goes well for Surfer though.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Silver_Surfer_Vol_8_4

quanchi112
Originally posted by Genii96
Same old story.....surfer lowballing..... Some posters fear Surfer.

abhilegend
Bump.

Insane Titan
The real question is, does Superman do better than Surfer.

abhilegend
You can always make a new thread.

riv6672
Bump.
^^^

https://media.giphy.com/media/AToqINiV1tdUQ/giphy.gif

just...precious.

Insane Titan
You can always make a new thread. why would I need to, you made this gauntlet with the point proving Suoerman is above Surfer.

abhilegend
Did I?

Sin I AM
"Bloodlusted but in character " is a bit of an oxymoronic statement. In character he's a pacifist.

Anyway he may or may not get past one. It depends on how the teams fight. I highly doubt he goes far unless the teams job. Same goes for any other herald facing teams of heralds.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.