A Series of Unfortunate Events

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-3POTheClever
Is anyone else looking forward to the new Netflix series of Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events? I can't wait!! I was a huge fan of the original book series when I was in my early-mid teens, and I still enjoy it even now that I'm in my early twenties.

queeq
Oh wow... very interesting news!

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by queeq
Oh wow... very interesting news!

Did you not know about it till now?

Jmanghan
Looking back on it, the movie was...

Meh, not great.

Maybe this will be better, maybe not.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Looking back on it, the movie was...

Meh, not great.

Maybe this will be better, maybe not.

I agree with you onthe film. I think part of the problem with the film is that it was just too rushed. They cramed three books into a 1.5 hour lenghed film. With this show, they can take their time with it because they're not limmited to such a short amount of time.

|King Joker|
Yeah, exactly, they have to have good pacing, and a TV format is the best for this. Definitely looking forward to this.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
I agree with you onthe film. I think part of the problem with the film is that it was just too rushed. They cramed three books into a 1.5 hour lenghed film. With this show, they can take their time with it because they're not limmited to such a short amount of time. No, I just didn't like the acting.

I understand that its "A Series of Unfortunate Events", but that doesn't mean that they need to be bland and boring.

I guess you could argue that they're depressed, but the acting still sucked, imo.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Jmanghan
No, I just didn't like the acting.

I understand that its "A Series of Unfortunate Events", but that doesn't mean that they need to be bland and boring.

I guess you could argue that they're depressed, but the acting still sucked, imo.

Yeah, the acting wasn't brilliant. Jim Carry was by far the best part of that film, but even he wasn't the best choice for Count Olaf.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.