What class do you favor in games?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
We've all probably played games that have specific "classes". That is different types of characters you can play, the abilities of the characters tend to vary depending on the game, but the question is which class are you most likely to take?

A warrior class? Rogue? Mage? Cleric? I will admit that I always favor going with the mage. If there is a game with multiple classes to choose from, the mage is what I will usually pick first.

Smasandian
I would say a soldier class. Either a rogue archer if fantasy, or soldier if sci-fi. Anything long distance.

ares834
Depends on the story being told and the type of gameplay.

Generally, in a more action oriented RPG like Dark Souls I'll go with a warrior-esque melee class. In more turen/round based games I'll go mage.

Arachnid1
Usually whatever allows stealth

If thats not an option, like Dark Souls, I always go sword and shield

Never been a fan of mage classes. Always OP

cdtm
Melee. Getting up close and personal is more fun then standing at a distace and projectile spamming, or slowly, methodically sneaking around.

Nusa105
Depends

Bentley
Gunner or stat boosting. Ranged combat.

-Pr-
For me it depends on the game.

FFXIV, SWTOR, DAO - Melee Tank
DA2, DAI - Black Mage
Skyrim - Stealth Archer

Kazenji
Normally a warrior class for a first time

and when start up another character its a Stealth class.

Estacado
Mage if it's an option if not anything that uses stealth.

Newjak
I generally go for the beefy characters that deal damage. So Two-Handed warriors and tanks.

Although I think I do better with more versatile characters I just have so much fun playing the Juggernaut type character that wrecks everything in its path

BloodRawEngine
Originally posted by cdtm
Melee. Getting up close and personal is more fun then standing at a distace and projectile spamming, or slowly, methodically sneaking around.

That 9/10. I like to take a look at as many melee-oriented classes as possible therein to see which among them I like best afterwards. I'm usually willing to go with the heavy-hitters or, if an option, Monk-esque fist fighters. For example, in Tales of Xillia, I used Jude and Alvin almost exclusively.

Surtur
I've just never been able to get into stealthy characters. I'd rather either bash someones face in or shoot fireballs at their face. I tried to be all stealthy in Skyrim once and then I was just..meh I'm just gonna blast you in the face with lightning instead.

Smasandian
I don't like melee stealth.

But in Skyrim, I can only play as stealth archer. It basically plays like an shooter after that and it's really fun using bows from long distances.

But hey, I exclusively play sniper in TF2 (and was pretty damn good at it too)

cdtm
Medic makes a pretty functional dual class medic/sniper with the bow.

Impediment
Jew.

Every time.

Smasandian
Originally posted by cdtm
Medic makes a pretty functional dual class medic/sniper with the bow.

I had to look that up because I haven't played TF2 regularly in years. I think I stopped playing before they started adding crafting.

I tried to get into TF2 again but I think free-to-play and the crafting system ruined that amazing multiplayer. For years, the game was generally balanced and ****ing amazing. Adding all that stupid shit made it way to complicated and not fun.

Adam Grimes
It depends on the game really.

Nemesis X
I'm mostly either a rogue or a mage in fantasy RPGs. In multiplayer games, I tend to play a supporting role either medic or engineer to try and help my random idiot teammates get through without costing us the win.

However I might get up close and personal with a Reinhardt class soon as Overwatch comes out of beta. Dat hammer.

Jesus McBurger
Originally posted by Impediment
Jew.

Every time.
I too play stick of truth

Zack Fair
Ranged classes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.