Midnighter ( Authority version) vs. Deadpool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Facee
Standard gear, no BFR...Fights in some jungle.

Surtur
Midnighter is superior to Deadpool in every way except for the healing factor. He could just rip off all Deadpools limbs and wait to see what happens.

riv6672
Deadpool stomps while breaking the 4th wall easily.

Surtur
Originally posted by riv6672
Deadpool stomps while breaking the 4th wall easily.

How does he stomp someone on the level of Midnighter?

riv6672
Originally posted by Surtur
How does he stomp someone on the level of Midnighter?
How does he stomp? Easily! stick out tongue

Zack M
Good fight. Undecided right now.

SamZED
Unless this version of MN is vastly superior to the one i'm familiar with he's not ripping anything off of Deadpool.

Zack M
Originally posted by SamZED
Unless this version of MN is vastly superior to the one i'm familiar with he's not ripping anything off of Deadpool.

Current MN was able to tag someone who is almost as fast as Flash, able to take down Red Lanterns, and sense weak points in Martian Manhunter. Read his current series. Guy is a beast.

deathslash
Originally posted by Zack M
Current MN was able to tag someone who is almost as fast as Flash, able to take down Red Lanterns, and sense weak points in Martian Manhunter. Read his current series. Guy is a beast. unless it was a named red lantern, it doesn't really matter and man hunter is known far and wide for his ability to job.

riv6672
Originally posted by deathslash
unless it was a named red lantern,
He punched a cat. laughing out loud

https://p.dreamwidth.org/f009464b4fb0/-/i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/kirke_novak/RedLanterns010014.jpg

Delta1938
Current MN was able to tag someone who is almost as fast as Flash, able to take down Red Lanterns, and sense weak points in Martian Manhunter. Read his current series. Guy is a beast.

It says "Authority version." Is there an Authority Post-FLASHPOINT? I assumed he meant WildStorm.

DarkSaint85
He punched a cat. laughing out loud

A named Red Lantern, called Dex-starr.

Pre-52 was still able to tag speedsters etc.

riv6672
A cat.

DarkSaint85
Named Dex-starr. Which was the original point you were referencing, lest we become distracted by another tangent...

Zack M
Originally posted by Delta1938
It says "Authority version." Is there an Authority Post-FLASHPOINT? I assumed he meant WildStorm.

Didn't WS version take hits from Apollo? He was still formidable, too.

Delta1938
Didn't WS version take hits from Apollo? He was still formidable, too.

Not sure. I only read the first few TPB volumes, so if it happened, I didn't read it. I do remember he moved so fast someone who was supposed to have enhanced reflexes couldn't see him(or at least it appeared that way), and he took a kick from that evil former Doctor(who regained the powers) that sent him a serious distance away.

SamZED
Current MN was able to tag someone who is almost as fast as Flash, able to take down Red Lanterns, and sense weak points in Martian Manhunter. Read his current series. Guy is a beast. OP says "the Authority version". Is that the same as the current one? I am only familiar with a preboot version who was tough but not to the point that he outclasses Deadpool in everything.

Surtur
I have seen scans of Midnighter ripping a dudes f*cking spine out. How is he not tearing off all of Deadpools limbs? This was prior to the DcNU stuff too. I'm also pretty sure he's done shit like kick tank shells back at the tanks that fired them, and has some level of super speed.

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Named Dex-starr. Which was the original point you were referencing, lest we become distracted by another tangent...
Methinks the fact the named red lantern was a cat is a pertinent detail. But i take your point, and mine was made.

Raisen
Methinks the fact the named red lantern was a cat is a pertinent detail. But i take your point, and mine was made.

It's a bit silly isn't it

Surtur
Dex-Star will always be an awesome character:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/31666/2006447-dex_3.jpg

Isn't he cute? He could melt your face off by spewing an acidic substance from his mouth. So he makes your heart melt...then he literally melts your face off.

deathslash
The only reason behind why this could even remotely be a good fight is deadpool's healing factor and his unpredictability.

SamZED
I have seen scans of Midnighter ripping a dudes f*cking spine out. How is he not tearing off all of Deadpools limbs? This was prior to the DcNU stuff too. I'm also pretty sure he's done shit like kick tank shells back at the tanks that fired them, and has some level of super speed. Deadpool is not some random no name dude. He has enhanced speed and durability. And plenty of superhuman feats of his own.

riv6672
^^^Boo yah.

Originally posted by Raisen
It's a bit silly isn't it
Its a funny scene, really.

Surtur
Deadpool is not some random no name dude. He has enhanced speed and durability. And plenty of superhuman feats of his own.

He's really not so enhanced he can't be ripped to pieces though. You shoot the guy with a bullet it pierces his skin. You stab him with a blade? The same. So yep, limbs will be torn off. Not to mention Midnighter has enhanced speed of his own and the whole battle computer precog thing going on. He's taken on and defeated people more powerful then Deadpool.

SamZED
He's really not so enhanced he can't be ripped to pieces though. You shoot the guy with a bullet it pierces his skin. You stab him with a blade? The same. So yep, limbs will be torn off. Not to mention Midnighter has enhanced speed of his own and the whole battle computer precog thing going on. He's taken on and defeated people more powerful then Deadpool. He can be ripped to piece of course just not by someone on MN's level. Spider-man isn't bullet proof as well, nor is he stabbing proof. Would you assume that MN can rip him apart as well? Deadpool has changed a momentum of a flying helicopter by holding onto weblines attached to it and although it hurt him his limbs remained attached. He has also defeated people more powerful than MD, this is a two way street. Point is (unless I'm missing something about this version of MN) they're both low level metas with above peak human stats. MN's feats are great but not to the point where he can casually rip apart experienced fighters with superhuman stats.

Surtur
Except for the part where Midnighter has feats of ripping apart superhumans and all that.

SamZED
Any non-fodder among them? Because Deadpool has tangled with people in Spider-man strength class and did fine physically.

Zack M
Any non-fodder among them? Because Deadpool has tangled with people in Spider-man strength class and did fine physically.

Apollo and he had a loooong fight with Zealot.

SamZED
Apollo and he had a loooong fight with Zealot. You mean that he fought them? I mean the ripping apart thing. I don't see that version of midnighter say ripping Deathstroke's or Captain Anerica's or Deadpool's arms off. Let alone Spider-man's. Just like I don't see Elektra punching through Batman's skull even though she's done it to other humans.

RadZoa
I don't see Midnighter ripping Deadpool to pieces, but I do see him dominating this match thoroughly.

riv6672
Yeah, he's not made of tissue paper. Plus its not like he's just going to LET someone rip him apart.

KingD19
Midnighter should take like 9/10.

He's stronger, he's faster, more durable. Can heal any damage Deadpool happens to deal, but that's unlikely as his battle computer would show him pretty much anything Wade thought about even with his wackiness. As long as it was fight related, MN goes through millions of scenarios in an instant. And he's absolutely ruthless.

SamZED
I'm not gonna sit here and pretend to be an expert on Midnighter, so if people say he takes this I can get behind it as long as it's an informed opinion. Deadpool is often underestimated due to his character. This IS the guy who has more wins against Wolverine than the other way around, has had an upper hand against Captain Anerica, defeated Taskmaster on multiple occasions even without his healing factor and generally treats Bullseye like an annoying step child. He's taken down Sabertooth, Omega Red, killed speedsters, teleporters, dodged/deflected bullets after they were fired. He's chopped several armed men to pieces so fast they didn't know he moved, he's moved so fast a team of superheroes couldn't even follow his movement. Aside from his hf he has the durability to fall from 20 stories height and not break a single bone in his body. And to get repeatedly punched by class 100 characters without taking any visible damage to his skull. His unpredictability is another asset of his that makes little sense but is a fact of life at this point considering that Taskmaster and even Mister X who can basically lock onto your brain and muscle movements couldn't read Deadpool.
Playing devil's advocate at this point.

riv6672
^^^You're playing it quite well. thumb up

SamZED
Thank you. I try. dev

Surtur
Yeah, he's not made of tissue paper. Plus its not like he's just going to LET someone rip him apart.

I don't get the big deal with saying he gets limbs ripped off. We've seen him get limbs ripped off and exploded off before, you are acting like it takes a massive amount of superhuman force to do it. If you want to say Wade would take measures to prevent it that is one thing, but I'm curious as to..if for some reason Deadpool just stood there and said "dare you to rip my arms off" why Midnighter couldn't?

How strong do you think you need to be before you can tear off the limbs of Deadpool? If his tissue isn't durable enough to withstand a blade or a bullet then..why couldn't he get them torn off? People seem to want to compare him to Spider-Man, but he's really not on Spidey's level when it comes to durability. Spider-Man has actually caught a bullet before. Since the bullet didn't just go right through his hand that to me suggests yep Spidey is more durable then Deadpool.

I know they have fought before, but a serious Spidey should be able to just plain beat the shit out of Deadpool.

SamZED
confused I wasn't comparing Spidey durability to Deadpool, I just pointed out the problem with your argument. You implied that the mere fact that Deadpool can be shot and stabbed is evidence enough to say that MN can rip him apart. To which I said that Spider-man can be shot/stabbed as well and so by that logic can be ripped apart by Midnighter. Which is wrong.
To put it simpler - Midnighter is not strong enough to rip Deadpool apart. Their strength/durability gap is not big enough. They are roughly in the same league as Deathstroke, Wolverine, Cap. And MN is not ripping these guys to pieces.

carver9

You're trying too hard.

riv6672
Thanks to SamZED for answering the Surtur post where he quoted me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.