DCnU Orion Vs Black Bolt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
Who wins?

deathslash
Black bolt. Orion puts up a great fight though.

riv6672
Black Bolt stomps.

Zack M
Originally posted by riv6672
Black Bolt stomps.

laughing out loud No.

riv6672
^^^Black Bolt stomps. Easily.

Zack M
How?

riv6672
Easily.
Its in my post, the one below yours with no explanation of opinion and a green face laughing.

quanchi112
Originally posted by riv6672
Easily.
Its in my post, the one below yours with no explanation of opinion and a green face laughing. thumb up

abhilegend
Orion

Surtur
Originally posted by Zack M
How?

He says hello.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Orion Based on ?

Raisen
Black bolt

Surtur
If he was able to hurt Gladiator with his voice there really is no reason Orion wouldn't be hurt by it.

deathslash
Originally posted by Surtur
If he was able to hurt Gladiator with his voice there really is no reason Orion wouldn't be hurt by it. let's not forget about the numerous showings against characters like vulcan, thanos, namor, etc.

SquallX
Right, because it's not like Orion never stalemated the like of Superman and Wonder Woman, or a guy that held a boom tube open with his bare hands, or made Lanterns look like a joke before him.

Oh wait, he did

carver9
Love to see Orion fight against Wonder Woman? smile

celeyhyga17
Orion. So so in Wondy's series, but beastly in Godhead.

Supermex
Yea Black Bolt wins

Surtur
If Orion wins that is fine, but then we must be expected to believe that Orion is now massively massively tougher then Hulk and Gladiator, since they were taken out and not even by BB using his full power.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by celeyhyga17

thumb up

Zack M

Agreed. Didn't Orion get the best of MOGO in Godhead? I know he owned Hal, which is no small feat.

celeyhyga17
Agreed. Didn't Orion get the best of MOGO in Godhead? I know he owned Hal, which is no small feat.
Yeah. He powered through some kind of localized gravity increase by Mogo and really embarrassed Hal on two occasions. And Hal is pretty much up there as GL's go yet it looked like he was not even a threat.
Most forget that he also obliterated two Black Lantern Promethean Giants in the final fight scene. It really is pretty uber when you think about it.

Zack M
Yeah. He powered through some kind of localized gravity increase by Mogo and really embarrassed Hal on two occasions. And Hal is pretty much up there as GL's go yet it looked like he was not even a threat.
Most forget that he also obliterated two Black Lantern Promethean Giants in the final fight scene. It really is pretty uber when you think about it.

Do you have the scans of the Promethean Giant scene?

cdtm
Originally posted by SquallX
Right, because it's not like Orion never stalemated the like of Superman and Wonder Woman, or a guy that held a boom tube open with his bare hands, or made Lanterns look like a joke before him.

Oh wait, he did

Astro force should be quicker on the draw.

And if not, it can create force fields. At least in the pre-nu52 era, he held back a universal implosion bomb that would have ended the universe..

SquallX
Originally posted by cdtm
Astro force should be quicker on the draw.

And if not, it can create force fields. At least in the pre-nu52 era, he held back a universal implosion bomb that would have ended the universe..

What's even worse is that the New Gods are in a way always weakened. In one arc, we found out there actually giants, and the reason there appears normal sizes are due to the Mother Boxes shrinking them so we can perceived them.

cdtm
And in Simonson's run on Orion, he proved he could increase his size even further, towering over Darkseids as he stood at the top of his fortress, overlooking Apokolips. (Orion's chest crumbed some of the area, proving it wasn't some sort of illusion.)

Too bad Walt never got to finish that series. He claimed Orion and Darkseid would have fought while planet sized..

SquallX
And in Simonson's run on Orion, he proved he could increase his size even further, towering over Darkseids as he stood at the top of his fortress, overlooking Apokolips. (Orion's chest crumbed some of the area, proving it wasn't some sort of illusion.)

Too bad Walt never got to finish that series. He claimed Orion and Darkseid would have fought while planet sized..

That would have been something. It's a shame the whole size thing is not alluded on more.

Dampyre
Probably Orion, but Black Bolt will take a few wins. That voice can take down any herald-level character.

Surtur
So are people going to post feats to show Orion is massively massively more durable then the likes of Gladiator? It's the only way he wins, and nope not a single thing mentioned so far shows such durability so I'm quite curious what feat people think equates to this.

Since Wonder Woman shouldn't be able to do so much as scratch the dude if he is consistently shown as that absurdly durable.

quanchi112
What's even worse is that the New Gods are in a way always weakened. In one arc, we found out there actually giants, and the reason there appears normal sizes are due to the Mother Boxes shrinking them so we can perceived them. laughing out loud

Surtur
What's even worse is that the New Gods are in a way always weakened. In one arc, we found out there actually giants, and the reason there appears normal sizes are due to the Mother Boxes shrinking them so we can perceived them.

This always made me wonder why someone like Darkseid didn't just show up on Earth, but not by using a boom tube. Then he'd be like 2000 feet tall and he'd stomp everyone.

SquallX
This always made me wonder why someone like Darkseid didn't just show up on Earth, but not by using a boom tube. Then he'd be like 2000 feet tall and he'd stomp everyone.

Plot i guess, i mean it's the same reason why Galactus doesn't just blow up the Earth.

quanchi112
The good guys eventually always win.

abhilegend
So are people going to post feats to show Orion is massively massively more durable then the likes of Gladiator? It's the only way he wins, and nope not a single thing mentioned so far shows such durability so I'm quite curious what feat people think equates to this.

Since Wonder Woman shouldn't be able to do so much as scratch the dude if he is consistently shown as that absurdly durable.
Uh, what?

deathslash

Oh wait, he did Using sarcasm in your opening statement is kind of something that a douche would do. The superman showing is impressive for sure but I'm kind of wondering about the wonder woman showing. I never saw his fight with her and all that I can remember about anything orion and wonder woman related was him getting repeatedly humiliated through the course of her series (to the point where there was a hand imprint on my head from all the face palming that I was forced to do). Humiliating lanterns is impressive as well, especially since several of the different lantern core's top members were getting beat on by him.

I believe that black bolt will beat him because his power is faster and far easier to use than orion's. We've already seen that black bolt's strength enables him to throw down with characters like the hulk, namor, gladiator, etc, so he shouldn't have too much of a problem in h2h (orion would still have the clear advantage in those circumstances though). We also know that his whispers alone have rocked gladiator, vulcan, the hulk, namor, wonder man, iron man, sentry (he wasn't really hurt but he was impressed by it), and silver surfer. I don't think that this is an easy fight by any stretch of the imagination, but I think that black bolt wins more often than not.

Zack M
Originally posted by deathslash
Using sarcasm in your opening statement is kind of something that a douche would do. The superman showing is impressive for sure but I'm kind of wondering about the wonder woman showing. I never saw his fight with her and all that I can remember about anything orion and wonder woman related was him getting repeatedly humiliated through the course of her series (to the point where there was a hand imprint on my head from all the face palming that I was forced to do). Humiliating lanterns is impressive as well, especially since several of the different lantern core's top members were getting beat on by him.

I believe that black bolt will beat him because his power is faster and far easier to use than orion's. We've already seen that black bolt's strength enables him to throw down with characters like the hulk, namor, gladiator, etc, so he shouldn't have too much of a problem in h2h (orion would still have the clear advantage in those circumstances though). We also know that his whispers alone have rocked gladiator, vulcan, the hulk, namor, wonder man, iron man, sentry (he wasn't really hurt but he was impressed by it), and silver surfer. I don't think that this is an easy fight by any stretch of the imagination, but I think that black bolt wins more often than not.

I think both of their powers are easy to access/use. Pre-Flashpoint Orion easily swated away the Justice league, which included the Flash and Superman and Black Bolt isn't faster than either of them.

cdtm
And while BB's scream is certainly insanely powerful, Orion's Astro Force has some nice showings.

For example, he caused world wide earthquakes, as a side effect of firing his beams from the moon.

Think how Thor was swinging Mjolnir at a target, and ended up cracking a far distant world open (A moon, I think.)

Galan007
This always made me wonder why someone like Darkseid didn't just show up on Earth, but not by using a boom tube. Then he'd be like 2000 feet tall and he'd stomp everyone. This happened in Final Crisis--Darkseid 'fell' straight from the 4th World into the 3rd dimension, without the aid of a Boom Tube. This caused him to become a metaphysical singularity of sorts that was literally collapsing the entire multiverse, and dragging it down with him.

deathslash
I think both of their powers are easy to access/use. Pre-Flashpoint Orion easily swated away the Justice league, which included the Flash and Superman and Black Bolt isn't faster than either of them. well then, I'm certainly glad that this is dcnu orion.

quanchi112

Too bad Walt never got to finish that series. He claimed Orion and Darkseid would have fought while planet sized.. This is dcnu. DC fans just cited whatever continuity they think help gets Orion the win.

Zack M
Originally posted by Galan007
This happened in Final Crisis--Darkseid 'fell' straight from the 4th World into the 3rd dimension, without the aid of a Boom Tube. This caused him to become a metaphysical singularity of sorts that was literally collapsing the entire multiverse, and dragging it down with him.

Insane feat.

Zack M
Originally posted by deathslash
well then, I'm certainly glad that this is dcnu orion.

DCnU was basically the same in speed. Even speed blitzing Superman.

quanchi112
DCnU was basically the same in speed. Even speed blitzing Superman. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.