What are the best movie games?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
Just curious what you guys thought about all the games out there that have been based off movies. Normally these games tend to be bad, but sometimes you get some awesome games. For me "Spider-man 2" and the "X-Men Origins Wolverine" games are spectacular and yet based on movies.

Adam Grimes
King Kong.

ares834
Originally posted by Surtur
"Spider-man 2"

thumb up

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
King Kong.

thumb up

I also was a big fan of The Two Towers and Return of the King.

Bentley
Golden Eye might be the most succesful.

Ridley_Prime
And obligatory mention of the Star Wars episode III game, even if it is overrated by some.

Ridley_Prime
Thinking of ones that normally aren't brought up like the others, I do have fond memories of some of the more brutal SNES/Genesis platformers like the Lion King, Toy Story, and such which I had beaten on occasion.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
And obligatory mention of the Star Wars episode III game, even if it is overrated by some. The versus mode was great. The main story was questionable.

But who expected that a GOOD game would come that was based off the prequels?
Not me.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Jmanghan
The versus mode was great. The main story was questionable.
For me it was the other way around, but to each their own.

Originally posted by Jmanghan
But who expected that a GOOD game would come that was based off the prequels?
Not me.
confused The prequels gave us Battlefront (the good ones), Clone Wars series, and a number of other things that made up for the movies themselves being shit.

Surtur
I loved the Episode 3 game. It really has some of the best lightsaber battles in a game. The only games that do it better, to me, are the jedi outcast games. But I guess for me those are a bit more realistic when it comes to lightsaber fights. Since in those you need to block the lightsaber hits..otherwise you will sustain massive damage or even be killed. In a lot of games you can wail on a dude with your lightsaber for a long time until they finally die.

Also although it wasn't directly based on any lone movie I always loved the "Matrix Path of Neo" game. It's just fun to play.

-Pr-
Revenge of the Sith at the time was pretty great.

LOTR - Two Towers and Return of the King were excellent hack and slash games.

Battle for Middle Earth - The whole series is brilliant.

Batman Begins - Not a patch on Arkham, but still reasonably enjoyable.

Batman 89 way back on the Amiga, purely for the batmobile sections.

Matrix - Path of Neo and Enter the Matrix were a lot of fun, though that level in EtM where you had to drive to catch the plane? That level can **** off and die.

Impediment
Spider-Man 2
Wolverine Origins, sans the very last boss fight.
Ghostbusters
Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader
Goldeneye 007

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
For me it was the other way around, but to each their own.

confused The prequels gave us Battlefront (the good ones), Clone Wars series, and a number of other things that made up for the movies themselves being shit. ...I have to question, why? I know, to each their own, but why do you prefer the main story over the versus mode, with arguably the second best lightsaber combat in a SW Game besides the Jedi Knight games.

Ridley_Prime
Main story just had more replay value overall I felt, especially when you don't have someone else to play the versus with. Plus things like the alternate ending to Anakin vs Obi-Wan were a funny twist, at the time. The versus mode, I just got bored of quicker after doing some matches against my cousin with everyone. The different intro dialogues were interesting though, I'll give it that.

While on the subject, Star Wars: Obi-Wan on the original xbox which basically centers around episode I, is another decent movie game. Up there with the episode III game IMO.

Kazenji
The Riddick games

noticed these sort of games (games based on movies) have died out haven't seen one for a while.

Surtur
Yeah I know, I think a game for the new Superman Batman movie would be awesome. I was also disappointed there was supposed to be a game for the Avengers movie but it was cancelled.

The Riddick games were excellent. I also actually somewhat enjoyed the Superman Returns game. The last boss was lame and the game was glitchy, but still I enjoyed it.

Oh speaking of Superman another game is Superman: Shadow of Apokolips for PS2 and Gamecube. It's not based off a movie it is based off the animated series. By far the best Superman game I've ever played.

Also to go a bit old school: I enjoyed The Goonies videogame on NES.

NemeBro
Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2.

Nephthys
Golden Eye for sure.

cdtm
Tie Fighter.

Smasandian
I guess my definition of movies games is a movie tie in.

A lot of these suggestions seem to be games based on franchises.

ares834
Originally posted by Smasandian

A lot of these suggestions seem to be games based on franchises.

Agreed.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Smasandian

A lot of these suggestions seem to be games based on franchises. Originally posted by ares834
Agreed. reported

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.