THE SILVER SURFER -VS- THE JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who Wins?
No Prep..
No B.F.R..
Pre.Darksied war..

Does anyone here think the JLA would sweep the Silver Sufer in a series of one on one fights in a best of 10 majority wins..

Another words can every JLAer i post here defeat SS in a best of 10? Not a guanlet. SS fights all of them one on one 10 times each.

Fight 1. Best of 10

Shazam

Fight 2. Best of 10

G.L Hal

Fight 3. Best of 10

Wonder Woman

Fight 4. Best of 10

Superman

ghostman
terrible thread.

lawest9
He split 5/5 with billy, hal. Loses 7/3 to supes and beats diana 7/3.

tkitna
Diana would be his hardest challenge. I think the Surfer is custom made to beat Superman and I believe he beats the other 2 for a majority also.

riv6672
Originally posted by ghostman
terrible thread.
Terrible post. smile

Fight 1. Best of 10

Shazam -beats Shazam 6/10

Fight 2. Best of 10

G.L Hal -beats GL 8/10

Fight 3. Best of 10

Wonder Woman -stomps Wonder Woman

Fight 4. Best of 10

Superman -stomps Superman

ghostman
Originally posted by riv6672
Terrible post. smile

Fight 1. Best of 10

Shazam -beats Shazam 6/10

Fight 2. Best of 10

G.L Hal -beats GL 8/10

Fight 3. Best of 10

Wonder Woman -stomps Wonder Woman

Fight 4. Best of 10

Superman -stomps Superman

laughing laughing laughing

how does he...... yeah just no.

riv6672
Says guy who couldnt even answer the OP. So yes. closedeyes

Supermex
Originally posted by ghostman
terrible thread.

Who the f!#k is Ghostman !?

Anyways welcome 2 KMC versus forum new guy..

So who wins?

carver9
Originally posted by tkitna
Diana would be his hardest challenge. I think the Surfer is custom made to beat Superman and I believe he beats the other 2 for a majority also.

This.

lawest9
Oh brotherrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

quanchi112
Surfer wins.

Genii96
Beats them

riv6672
Surfer's too much.

abhilegend
Superman is custom made to beat Surfer. Too fast, too strong, too durable.

Surfer gets his teeth punched in.

thumb up

riv6672
Haha no.

abhilegend
Haha yes.

There you go.

riv6672
Haha no.

Here we are.

abhilegend
I forgot how shitty you are.

There you go.

riv6672
I remember how easily you get upset.

Here we go.

abhilegend
Originally posted by abhilegend

There you go.

riv6672
Silver Surfer stomps Superman (energy drain FTW). He has a harder time with Shazam.

abhilegend

There you go.

quanchi112
??

riv6672

Knowing Superman isnt invincible isnt a bad thing, abhi. Maybe some day you'll be mature enough to realize that, and maybe not.

In the meantime, seems no one else is going to do a list of their own for discussion? Okay.

Genii96
Surfer has a 'harder time' with shazam and wonder woman relatively speaking,not that they are actually going to give him that much trouble

abhilegend
Knowing Superman isnt invincible isnt a bad thing, abhi. Maybe some day you'll be mature enough to realize that, and maybe not.

In the meantime, seems no one else is going to do a list of their own for discussion? Okay.
laughing out loud

I really forgot how shit you are. Originally posted by Genii96
Surfer has a 'harder time' with shazam and wonder woman relatively speaking,not that they are actually going to give him that much trouble
Based on what exactly?

Surtur
If people are saying Surfer stomps Superman then he'd definitely stomp Wonder Woman as well.

riv6672
laughing out loud

I really forgot how shit you are.
So, you've figured out the exact level of flame post you can make and not have - Pr- or Bada warn you.
Thats great but, how many times can you make it?

Originally posted by Surtur
If people are saying Surfer stomps Superman then he'd definitely stomp Wonder Woman as well.
Maybe not. Superman has a "power source" Surfer can easily exploit, while WW and Shazam dont.

Genii96
He does,supes is just much easier to deal with for surfer

h1a8
Originally posted by Supermex
Who Wins?
No Prep..
No B.F.R..
Pre.Darksied war..

Does anyone here think the JLA would sweep the Silver Sufer in a series of one on one fights in a best of 10 majority wins..

Another words can every JLAer i post here defeat SS in a best of 10? Not a guanlet. SS fights all of them one on one 10 times each.

Shazam - Shazam 10/10

G.L Hal - Surfer 6/10

Wonder Woman - WW 10/10

Superman - Split

riv6672
Are you saying SS wins 6 and 10 out of 10 or the characters win 6 and 10 out of 10?

carver9

Bracers, Super speed, high end fighting skills, and that da** lasso. Yes, she's harder to deal with. Let's not forget her solid track record in battle. Diana is a monster.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Genii96
He does,supes is just much easier to deal with for surfer Agreed.

riv6672
Originally posted by carver9
Bracers, Super speed, high end fighting skills, and that da** lasso. Yes, she's harder to deal with. Let's not forget her solid track record in battle. Diana is a monster.
You can say damn on the site Carver. Like a big boy.
And yes, WW is a beast, especially since SS cant deain her like he can Superman. SS has a fantadtic ranged attack though, and if kept at bay 75% of her offense is diffused.

Genii96
One or two planet busting blasts should put diana out of her misery

carver9
One or two planet busting blasts should put diana out of her misery

If she doesn't block it with her bracers. Those things are haxxed.

Juntai
If she doesn't block it with her bracers. Those things are haxxed. true story.

riv6672
Haha!

One Big Mob
You can say damn on the site Carver. Like a big boy.
And yes, WW is a beast, especially since SS cant deain her like he can Superman. SS has a fantadtic ranged attack though, and if kept at bay 75% of her offense is diffused. You'd think Carver would have studied enough of my posts to figure out exactly what gets bleeped out.

Shit damn pussy **** **** ***** ass ******* rape lot lizard fecal matter

For example Carve.

-Pr-
First of all, stop bashing people, everyone.

Second, stop arguing powersets instead of people.

One Big Mob
Paul makes a compelling case.

Too bad it's buried as the last post on the page

Supermex
So does SS sweep and beat all 4 one on one in a best of 10 vs each opponent?

Or does someone on the JLA side stops the sweep?

riv6672
Who are you asking?

Supermex
Who are you asking?

Just anybody in general, homie

Genii96
He sweeps through,the ease however depends on his mindset...surfer with annihilation arc mindset would just wade through this

tkitna
He sweeps, but it aint easy fo sure.

riv6672
Just anybody in general, homie
Oh yeah, he sweeps, IMO. Said so on page 1.
And 2.
And now 3.

abhilegend
He sweeps, but it aint easy fo sure. Originally posted by tkitna
He sweeps, but it aint easy fo sure.
Back to making empty claims?

Good, good. One Krona buster and Surfer is dead.

thumb up

quanchi112
Back to making empty claims?

Good, good. One Krona buster and Surfer is dead.

thumb up So Hal uses the krona buster every time ? You're completely not cherry picking here with less than one percent of his showings ? I guess Thor godblasts or sucks the solar energy right out of superman every time.

Philosophía
Fight 1. Best of 10

Shazam

Fight 2. Best of 10

G.L Hal

Fight 3. Best of 10

Wonder Woman

Fight 4. Best of 10

Superman

Shazam is currently too much of a noob to win. Surfer 7/10
GL Hal splits or wins. 5/5
Wonder Woman wins 6/10
Superman wins 8/10

Surtur
Maybe not. Superman has a "power source" Surfer can easily exploit, while WW and Shazam dont.

Ah yes, but Wonder Woman also has an easily exploitable weakness: vaporizing her head with a potent energy blast. Her one vulnerability is headlessness. She doesn't like people to know this.

Also I hear pulling her hair works.

abhilegend
You think Surfer can vaporize her head with energy blasts?

Where is Pendaran when you need him?

laughing out loud

Surtur
I never said he could vape her in a single second. But yes, if he continually poured the energy on poor Wondy wouldn't need her head and shoulders shampoo anymore.

Also I really suspect you wouldn't want Pendaran to show up, he'd rip you to pieces in every Surfer thread. That's like a black guy saying "where is the KKK when you need them?".

abhilegend
I never said he could vape her in a single second. But yes, if he continually poured the energy on poor Wondy wouldn't need her head and shoulders shampoo anymore.

Also I really suspect you wouldn't want Pendaran to show up, he'd rip you to pieces in every Surfer thread. That's like a black guy saying "where is the KKK when you need them?".
Are we really at the point where Surfer can kill heralds with energy blasts? Because I've never seen him doing so. Scans please.

laughing out loud

I've seen Pendaran, boy. He fled from me and had me banned. He wouldn't last a second here with his imaginary "I chose what is PIS and what is not."

Surtur
Lol that is genuinely the first adorable thing you have said.

Supermex
Silver Surfer will either beat her to death (WW) or take her apart on a molecular level.

Genii96
Surfer can vape planets as easily as ABC,yet can't vape diana?...utter BS,not like that's his only option...but like everyone says,he sweeps

Surtur
Basically the reason I think Surfer can do what I said is simple: he has been shown to be able to harm, with energy attacks, beings who are on his level of durability. Since I don't feel Wonder Woman is as durable as Silver Surfer is..yep, I think he could mess her up with energy attacks. Another thread showed a fight between Surfer and another guy putting out explosions the size of Earth.

Supermex
I wonder if anyone has ever asked Stan Lee why Silver Surfer was made so powerful in the Marvel U ...

Wonder what his answer would be..

tkitna
or take her apart on a molecular level.

This what I'm thinking too. Surfer could do this to all of them really.

He sweeps as much as it pains abhi to hear that.

abhilegend
laughing out loud @ this circle jerk. Originally posted by Genii96
Surfer can vape planets as easily as ABC,yet can't vape diana?...utter BS,not like that's his only option...but like everyone says,he sweeps
If you think destroying planets means you can kill heralds, you're living in a dream.

Not even Darkseid and Anti Monitor have done that to her with energy blasts and both have destroyed universes. Originally posted by Surtur
Basically the reason I think Surfer can do what I said is simple: he has been shown to be able to harm, with energy attacks, beings who are on his level of durability. Since I don't feel Wonder Woman is as durable as Silver Surfer is..yep, I think he could mess her up with energy attacks. Another thread showed a fight between Surfer and another guy putting out explosions the size of Earth.
What you fee is irrelevant. She is most assuredly on his durability level. Add in her bracers and he has got zero chance of "vaporizing" her.

And I've yet to see Surfer actually killing a Herald with energy blasts. Originally posted by tkitna

He sweeps as much as it pains abhi to hear that.
Like I said, laughing out loud @ this circle jerk.

One Krona buster and Surfer is dead. No more make up scenarios.

thumb up

quanchi112

He sweeps as much as it pains abhi to hear that. thumb up

riv6672
Ah yes, but Wonder Woman also has an easily exploitable weakness: vaporizing her head with a potent energy blast. Her one vulnerability is headlessness. She doesn't like people to know this.

Also I hear pulling her hair works.
For a SPLIT SECOND, i took you seriously...! eek!

Genii96
Surfer sweeps.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Like posting it several times will make it true.

riv6672
So, you're not going to do that anymore either? Because thats what these threads usually end up being.

h1a8
Are you saying SS wins 6 and 10 out of 10 or the characters win 6 and 10 out of 10? I put the name of the victor right before the result.

Surfer loses 10/10 to shazam and ww.
Surfer wins 6/10 to Hal
Surfer splits with Superman

riv6672
^^^Thanks, i was totally confused on that; on me, not you!

quanchi112
So, you're not going to do that anymore either? Because thats what these threads usually end up being. laughing out loud

riv6672
I wasnt trying to be mean, its just that those involved in that conversation have hit an impasse. No one's going to change their minds. Its just variations on the same post repeated. Likely to slip into crass remarks. Likely to get the thread closed depending on the mood of whoever might look in on it.
And thats a shame as its an interesting topic.

Genii96
No one's going to cange their minds cuz there's nothing to prove anymore....at least not the the 2-3 guys still arguing for JLA and supes..obviously there's no changing those ones. So why bother

riv6672
Thank you for your reiteration. Yeah, its just not going to happen. thumb up

Sin I AM
Id give 🏄 the edge over shazam. Mainly due to his rookie status. Diana, Hal and Clark the fights are harder to gauge.

Diana can split or win the majority if she closes the gap and goes h2h. With the lasso and her skills and speed she'd press her advantage and beat Norrin. If he plays keep away i see the battle dragging on with him blasting until she tires or if he goes esoteric he would end her.

Hal. I dunno, for so long people have said (myself included) that pc weilders namely SS are kryptonite to lanterns. Effectively draining or dissipating their constructs and energy based powers and quickly taking them out.Even a jobbing Surfer has pretty good chances against Hal. Its not majorly out of character for him to drain energy (one of the few super OP powers he has that he uses as much as he should) and draining the rings energy would make it an insta stomp. However...iirc not even Captain Atom can drain GL rings. Surfer is probably faster, but their combat speed isn't too different, since both Surfer and GL rings operate in nanoseconds. It's a tough match to determine. If Surfer CAN drain him it's game over if he cant it's a whole lot more iffy depending on which Hal we are using...

Clark..pretty much the same scenario as Hal. Only big difference is even if he can drain him i dont see it being immediately effective. This isnt hulk we are talking about...Clark has been drainee before and still kicked major ass. He could always blitz ( although i dont see this as effective outside the flash family) but they have comparable speed. His best bet would be to keep a distance and blast but superman is durable enough to tank average pc blasts and close the gap.

Shrugs...its all a toss up

abhilegend
No one's going to cange their minds cuz there's nothing to prove anymore....at least not the the 2-3 guys still arguing for JLA and supes..obviously there's no changing those ones. So why bother
Except we are talking about actual comics.

You are talking solely out of your ass.

riv6672
And flamers keep flaming...

quanchi112
And flamers keep flaming... thumb up

Genii96
Except we are talking about actual comics.

You are talking solely out of your ass.
Like I said,don't bother

quanchi112
Like I said,don't bother I wish he would dare address me in that manner or address my arguments but he doesn't dare.

abhilegend
Like I said,don't bother
About what? Telling the truth?

Genii96
I think everyone knows what your 'truth' entails

abhilegend
I think everyone knows what your 'truth' entails
Truth?

Because your surfer only lives in fantasies.

Sin I AM
Truth?

Abhi do you think surfer could effectively use weakness exploit to beat sm?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Abhi do you think surfer could effectively use weakness exploit to beat sm?
It's possible if we take CBR routine.

In reality though, Surfer doesn't do that. It's the fabrication of overzealous marvel fans who think just because Surfer has an open powerset he can do anything to anyone.

You'll rarely see Surfer beating someone with versatility. Comic characters just aren't built that way.

Sin I AM
But he has casually drained opponents before..

Genii96
Surfer dosent use his versatility to beat opponents?remind us how he threatened to make kallark his ***** again?

Genii96
Truth?

Nah,just cuz he shits on ur fav,dosent mean u should have nightmares about him...

Sin I AM
Quit baiting

riv6672
Boring thread is boring now.

celeyhyga17
It's possible if we take CBR routine.

In reality though, Surfer doesn't do that. It's the fabrication of overzealous marvel fans who think just because Surfer has an open powerset he can do anything to anyone.

You'll rarely see Surfer beating someone with versatility. Comic characters just aren't built that way.
Really? How rarely would you say? Like if you had to estimate, how many times would you say he's done it?

Raisen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqjpTIPHPE8

celeyhyga17
Raisen may really have uncovered something here.
yes

Raisen
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Raisen may really have uncovered something here.
yes

i'm just presenting the evidence brother. the music was epic tho

abhilegend
Originally posted by Sin I AM
But he has casually drained opponents before..
Like I said, rarely. Originally posted by Genii96
Surfer dosent use his versatility to beat opponents?remind us how he threatened to make kallark his ***** again?
Threatening someone and actually doing it are two different things boy. Originally posted by Genii96
Nah,just cuz he shits on ur fav,dosent mean u should have nightmares about him...
laughing out loud

Is this the best you can do? Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Really? How rarely would you say? Like if you had to estimate, how many times would you say he's done it?
Let's just say 95% of time he just goes to overpower his opponents with energy blasts.

celeyhyga17

Let's just say 95% of time he just goes to overpower his opponents with energy blasts.
How does it compare in relative to Pre DCnU Supes winning a fight via speedblitz in his far greater number of appearances?

abhilegend
How does it compare in relative to Pre DCnU Supes winning a fight via speedblitz in his far greater number of appearances?
More than 5% as he uses his speed far more often.

The victory doesn't comes through a speedblitz though.

Like I said comic characters aren't built that way. Superman beating someone using raw strength is far more prominent than him using his speed to beat someone.

That's Flash.

celeyhyga17
More than 5% as he uses his speed far more often.

The victory doesn't comes through a speedblitz though.

Like I said comic characters aren't built that way. Superman beating someone using raw strength is far more prominent than him using his speed to beat someone.

That's Flash.
Oh so you're counting instances OUTSIDE of actually winning the fight for Supes? Seems that you should give Surfer the same benefit...

Also, against someone like a brick... energy blast ARE versatility.

abhilegend
Oh so you're counting instances OUTSIDE of actually winning the fight for Supes? Seems that you should give Surfer the same benefit...

Also, against someone like a brick... energy blast ARE versatility.
Does he uses anything other than energy blasts and board attacks in most of his fights? I've read pretty much everything Surfer has ever done and I don't think he uses anything other than occasional energy manipulation.

It's his primary power.

erm

celeyhyga17
Does he uses anything other than energy blasts and board attacks in most of his fights? I've read pretty much everything Surfer has ever done and I don't think he uses anything other than occasional energy manipulation.

It's his primary power.

erm
Wait you're dodging the question, I'm not asking about generic use of speed in combat via moving around the battlefield or bullrushing, I'm talking about an outright speedblitz(something commonly espoused on the forum as being an "in character" way for Supes to win a fight). Basically, for every instance I can post of Surfer winning a fight via versatility, how many can you post of Supes winning speedblitz? If you want to include instances of speedblitzes that don't actually end the fight that's fine. In that case though, how many instances can you post of him speedblitzing in fights for every versatility feat I can post of Surfer in combat? Keep in mind that Pre DCnU Supes has far more fights to his credit so it should be quite a few if it's more in character for Supes to speedblitz in a fight than it is for Surfer to use versatility in a fight.

carver9
I can't wait to see this.

abhilegend
Wait you're dodging the question, I'm not asking about generic use of speed in combat via moving around the battlefield or bullrushing, I'm talking about an outright speedblitz(something commonly espoused on the forum as being an "in character" way for Supes to win a fight).

I disagree with that. That's my opinion though.

Superman doesn't goes in speedblitz mode from the start of a fight.

With his strength, he would kill anyone at Herald level with such a tactic.

More than you can.

Superman uses his speed in some way in almost all his fights. It's not just "flurry of punches" which is a speedblitz if you are thinking so.

Speed is an intrinsic part of how Superman fights.

darthgoober
edit

One Big Mob
Darth?

SWARM SWARM SWARM!

darthgoober
I was gonna get involved, then I decided to not, but since my old buddy bran is calling for action and I did already post I'll contribute just a bit...

It's his primary power.

erm

In a very large number of them yes.

No his primary power is to channel the Power Cosmic, an energy blast is one possible way for him to manifest that power. Against another flyer with energy blast of I could absolutely see not counting energy blasts as versatility, but against a ground based brick like Hulk or Thing, flying around blasting is absolutely an instance of him using his superior versatility in combat.

More than you can.

Superman uses his speed in some way in almost all his fights. It's not just "flurry of punches" which is a speedblitz if you are thinking so.

Who's talking about STARTING the fight speedblitzing, how about him just speedblitzing at some point in the fight, especially to end it. See you say that Supes has done it enough to prove that he will if he needs to in a forum fight but you say that Surfer wouldn't use the necessary tactics to win in a forum fight because they're out of character.

Well give me a number, I'm genuinely interested in the prospect. How many speedblitzes can you produce for every versatility feat I post for Surfer from a fight?

Flying around is just how he moves.... if you're counting him moving around the battlefield, dodging, and bullrushing opponents then let me ask you this... do you count the same kind of thing as Surfer using "speed in combat"?

quanchi112
Bran hit the Surfer spotlight which ends Superman fans. Abhi had a meltdown after one battlezone post from goober.

One Big Mob
I was more saying that you're public enemy number something and it's like a battle cry for Superman fans.

But I guess it works both ways... so yeah, whatever works.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by darthgoober
I was gonna get involved, then I decided to not, but since my old buddy bran is calling for action and I did already post I'll contribute just a bit...

No his primary power is to channel the Power Cosmic, an energy blast is one possible way for him to manifest that power. Against another flyer with energy blast of I could absolutely see not counting energy blasts as versatility, but against a ground based brick like Hulk or Thing, flying around blasting is absolutely an instance of him using his superior versatility in combat.

Who's talking about STARTING the fight speedblitzing, how about him just speedblitzing at some point in the fight, especially to end it. See you say that Supes has done it enough to prove that he will if he needs to in a forum fight but you say that Surfer wouldn't use the necessary tactics to win in a forum fight because they're out of character.

Well give me a number, I'm genuinely interested in the prospect. How many speedblitzes can you produce for every versatility feat I post for Surfer from a fight?

Flying around is just how he moves.... if you're counting him moving around the battlefield, dodging, and bullrushing opponents then let me ask you this... do you count the same kind of thing as Surfer using "speed in combat"?
What he said.

*goes back to trolling Thor threads*

darthgoober
Originally posted by One Big Mob
I was more saying that you're public enemy number something and it's like a battle cry for Superman fans.

But I guess it works both ways... so yeah, whatever works.
I suppose I am to some extent lol. I wouldn't say PUBLIC enemy though, most folks find me downright delightful. It's more that I'm #1 on Supes's fans "black list"...

deathslash
Surfer should take the majority in all of these fights. Only if we take surfer at his lowest and these guys at their best should they be considered capable of beating him. He literally has the means to take several of them down just by exploiting their weaknesses.

One Big Mob
I think by this time next week every Superman fan on the forum will have attacked you in some capacity.

Kind of sad to go to work in a couple days. Would make some spectacle.

Though it seems kind of irrational to me but what are you going to do?

Raisen
so ghostman cries and gets my bad ass superman thread closed

darthgoober
I think by this time next week every Superman fan on the forum will have attacked you in some capacity.

Kind of sad to go to work in a couple days. Would make some spectacle.

Though it seems kind of irrational to me but what are you going to do?
Oh if they're actually gonna say something TO me you won't miss it. I'm not "back", I'm only here for this bit of discussion(so maybe a day or two). Beyond this I'm only going to be dealing will my tourney(assuming it actually gets off the ground).

h1a8
Surfer WILL use some sort of superhuman speed and reflexes but I feel it would be less than Superman's on average. This is why they split. Superman will ko Surfer and out maneuver and out speed him in half the fights and Surfer will barely keep up and weakness exploit him in the other half.

What people don't realize here is that Superman can win with HV. I can prove it if anyone likes.

abhilegend

Oh look who is back?

Totally false. You want me to list his fights issue by issue?

Haha, what? That's his power source. It's like saying Flash main power is channeling speed force.

That makes no sense at all.

No, it's absolutely not.

Case closed.

Yes. Quite nice of you to paraphrase it.

thumb up

More than you can.

This is why I call upon your BS. Surfer using his blasts is him using his versatility but Superman using his speed isn't using his speed unless you count Surfer using the same.

If you want to argue speed vs versatility I'm happy to do so.

If you are looking for Surfer vs Superman in speed, I'm happy to do so.

Chose one. Or are you just going to ask everyone to ignore my scans again and then run away?

abhilegend

But I guess it works both ways... so yeah, whatever works. Originally posted by darthgoober
I suppose I am to some extent lol. I wouldn't say PUBLIC enemy though, most folks find me downright delightful. It's more that I'm #1 on Supes's fans "black list"... Originally posted by darthgoober
Oh if they're actually gonna say something TO me you won't miss it. I'm not "back", I'm only here for this bit of discussion(so maybe a day or two). Beyond this I'm only going to be dealing will my tourney(assuming it actually gets off the ground).
laughing out loud

As always your ego is only slightly smaller than Bran's.

Most people here currently don't even know who you are.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by h1a8
Surfer WILL use some sort of superhuman speed and reflexes but I feel it would be less than Superman's on average. This is why they split. Superman will ko Surfer and out maneuver and out speed him in half the fights and Surfer will barely keep up and weakness exploit him in the other half.

What people don't realize here is that Superman can win with HV. I can prove it if anyone likes. What people don't realize here is that Superman can win with HV. I can prove it if anyone likes. laughing

Blue Area Vet
laughing out loud

Looks like he is the guy currently kicking your ass.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Cheerleaders are already here for you Darth.

h1a8
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
What people don't realize here is that Superman can win with HV. I can prove it if anyone likes. laughing

It's 100% true. Superman wouldn't even have to physically touch Surfer.

abhilegend
Shh, Surfer fans think it's just a blowtorch and can't even hurt Surfer.

Especially Darthgoober. We do not want to hurt his feelings now, do we?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by h1a8
It's 100% true. Superman wouldn't even have to physically touch Surfer. sick

Time to nut up or shut up.

I wish to see this proof. Stop teasing.

quanchi112
Shh, Surfer fans think it's just a blowtorch and can't even hurt Surfer.

Especially Darthgoober. We do not want to hurt his feelings now, do we? Making things up again. Don't have another meltdown if he posts again.

carver9

Good to see you posting bro and amazing post at that.

DarkSaint85
Thing is, though....Superman's speed is a forum rule. So no need to scan dump...

abhilegend
Good to see you posting bro and amazing post at that.
laughing out loud

Sycophancy at its best.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Sycophancy at its best. Irony.

darthgoober
Oh look who is back?
As I said, not reall "back", just visiting so to speak

Totally false. You want me to list his fights issue by issue?
Sure go ahead if you feel the need

Haha, what? That's his power source. It's like saying Flash main power is channeling speed force.

That makes no sense at all.

Flash's main power IS channeling the speedforce. He mostly uses it for super speed, but he also uses it to speed steal, lend speed, etc. Super speed SEEMED like his primary power for years, but then they made it clear that he was limiting himself and his power was actually manipulating/channeling the speedforce.

Also if you want to get technical about it, energy blasts aren't Surfer's "main power" even by your definition of it, flying is. Hell it's right there in his name... he's the Silver SURFER not the Silver BLASTER.

No, it's absolutely not.

Case closed.
Now you're just being silly, of course it is. By the same token if Supes was fighting someone like Hercules or Hulk and used his flying and HV to bring the guy down it could be said that he used his versatility to win.

Yes. Quite nice of you to paraphrase it.

thumb up

Awesome... well lets put that theory to the test.

More than you can.
Cool, how many more? After all Pre DCnU Supes had WAY more fights/appearances so you should be able to produce.. 2, 3, 4, maybe even 5... more speedblitzes for every versatility showing from Surfer. How many do you think?

This is why I call upon your BS. Surfer using his blasts is him using his versatility but Superman using his speed isn't using his speed unless you count Surfer using the same.

If you want to argue speed vs versatility I'm happy to do so.

If you are looking for Surfer vs Superman in speed, I'm happy to do so.

Chose one. Or are you just going to ask everyone to ignore my scans again and then run away?
I'm not talking about Supes "using his speed", I'm talking about him SPEEDBLITZING. You say he's done it enough to be in character but Surfer hasn't used his versatility enough to be in character. Also, I'm not talking about using Surfer's standard energy blast in our comparison, I'm more than willing to stipulate that the standard blast are equal in ratio to general speed/flying tactics from Supes. After all, I'm wanting to compare speed blitzes vs exotic uses of the power cosmic.

Of course I'll ask people to ignore what you say, that's kinda the point of a debate(especially a BZ BTW). "Ignore his argument because my argument is the correct one". A debate isn't 2 people coming together to agree on something, it's an adversarial contest to convince people that the other guy is wrong.

darthgoober
laughing out loud

Hey I'm offended by that... my ego is A LOT bigger than Bran's laughing out loud . My the ego is up there with the likes of Dr. Doom or Zod, the biggest difference is that I realize referring to oneself in the 3rd person sounds silly and I'm smarter than they are big grin

MOST people sure... die hard Supes fans know me though. Hell you were throwing my name around years after I stopped posting on the forum even though you joined after I left...

darthgoober
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Thing is, though....Superman's speed is a forum rule. So no need to scan dump...
Oh I'm not questioning that in the slightest. But Supes's speed is just one example of a more encompassing rule. I'm not out to prove that Supes WON'T use a speedblitz according to forum rules, I'm out to prove that Surfer WILL use his versatility according to the same forum rule by comparing the use ratio's of the known inclusion to that of the possible inclusion.

abhilegend
As I said, not reall "back", just visiting so to speak

Oh, look who is gracious enough to award us with his presence.

You running for US Presidency too as you don't have the time for us mere mortals?

Why don't you show us the "very large number of them" showings where he uses his versatility first.

Are you really this dense? Speed force is his power source, superspeed is his primary power. He can manipulate his own supply of speed force energy to various effects but that doesn't means its his main power.

Just like solar energy absorption isn't superman's main power.

laughing out loud

What kind of reasoning is that? Are we going to call Green Lantern's main power as well, creating light like a lantern?

How about Hulk being large? This is just getting silly.

I'm being silly? Yes, because they are not his primary powers. Strength is.

Sure, go ahead with your scans.

Now, why are we using appearances as a crutch?

Not having confidence issues, are we?

Now you are changing the topic again. If Superman uses his speed in a fight, he is using his speed.

Him speedblitzing and landing like 10 punches in a row will kill most of his foes.

He is not a killer. And why are we limiting using speed to Flash like "flurry of punches" speedblitz.

Yes, he uses his speed far more often than surfer uses say his energy draining or your favorite wekness exploitation (which he never uses btw).

Doesn't stops you though. I wonder why?

Why? And no they are not, Superman uses his speed in almost every fight.

Which you can imagine are far more than Surfer's uses of energy blasts.

Speed vs Versatility. That's the stipulation.

laughing out loud

Is that how you thought you said last time? You didn't say "my argument is better". You said "Ignore his argument as he manipulates scans and that's so wrong.".

But hey, you have cheerleaders. That totally supports your stance.

If only you knew how to debate and not create a bunch of rules in favor from the start.

"I will do it only if it works as I say."

Silly sally, that's not how a debate works.

quanchi112
Goober really gets into your head.

abhilegend
Hey I'm offended by that... my ego is A LOT bigger than Bran's laughing out loud . My the ego is up there with the likes of Dr. Doom or Zod, the biggest difference is that I realize referring to oneself in the 3rd person sounds silly and I'm smarter than they are big grin

Nah, Bran's ego is bigger than yours.

He is a better Surfer fanboy than you too.

I only knew because I used to read the old threads and laugh at your silly posts.

You silly sally, you are not that important. In fact you are not important at all in grand scheme of things.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

abhilegend
Oh I'm not questioning that in the slightest. But Supes's speed is just one example of a more encompassing rule. I'm not out to prove that Supes WON'T use a speedblitz according to forum rules, I'm out to prove that Surfer WILL use his versatility according to the same forum rule by comparing the use ratio's of the known inclusion to that of the possible inclusion.
Oh yes, you are.

You have argued years about Superman and Surfer having similar level of speed and have been offended by mere mention of Superman being able to speedblitz surfer.

While weakness exploitation (which surfer never uses) is your go tactic.

I want to compare the times Surfer has used kryptonite/red sun rays on someone to the time superman has speedblitzed. Want to compare?

One Big Mob
Originally posted by quanchi112
Goober really gets into your head. thumb up

abhilegend
thumb up Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

Sycophancy at its best.
Where are your pom-poms bran?

quanchi112
Where are your pom-poms bran? You say Pom poms all the time. You really need to be a little more creative as you don't seem to get into any heads other than your own.

One Big Mob
Where are your pom-poms bran? I think you've proven well enough that my ego has given me the right to cheerlead. But not a boy cheerleader, no. I'm a man cheerleader

Quan Quote of the post:
Originally posted by quanchi112
You say Pom poms all the time. You really need to be a little more creative as you don't seem to get into any heads other than your own.

abhilegend
I think you've proven well enough that my ego has given me the right to cheerlead. But not a boy cheerleader, no. I'm a man cheerleader

Quan Quote of the post:
At this point, you'll cheerlead anyone against me.

Don't worry, I don't blame you for it.

But seriously. where are your pom-poms?

One Big Mob
At this point, you'll cheerlead anyone against me.

Don't worry, I don't blame you for it.

But seriously. where are your pom-poms? You will clearly see me in everyone of your hundred arguments a day cheerleading against you. It has nothing to do with you constantly bringing my name up for no reason in this singular thread where I agreed Darth gets in your head. A guy you immediately went "personal" with for no real reason.
I understand why you hate me and I accept that no matter how much I think you and me get along together, but I don't quite understand the rage Darth brings. If I could bring that sort of rage for just talking about the topic, then I would abuse the dickens out of it. If you could imagine it in real life I'd be doing like a cocky walk throwing fingerguns at people and they'd just fly off the handle at me.

Also I just told you, I'm a man cheerleader. My pom poms are on my person dog. I'm not some forgetful boy cheerleader, I brought them.

darthgoober
Oh, look who is gracious enough to award us with his presence.

You running for US Presidency too as you don't have the time for us mere mortals?

If I was more than mortal why would I run for President? I mean pronounce myself Godking, Pharaoh, or something like that sure... Begging the populace to put myself in charge for 4 years wouldn't even make sense stick out tongue

Why don't you show us the "very large number of them" showings where he uses his versatility first.

Hey you're the one who asked if I wanted you to post them, why are you trying to shift the onus to me?

Are you really this dense? Speed force is his power source, superspeed is his primary power. He can manipulate his own supply of speed force energy to various effects but that doesn't means its his main power.

Just like solar energy absorption isn't superman's main power.

No his primary power is manipulating the speedforce, super speed is just the most frequent use of that power. By the same token, Dr. Strange's and Dr. Fate's primary power isn't something like shooting energy blasts, it's casting spells/using magic.

Also, absorbing sunlight... not a super power. Regular human's absorb solar energy all the time, it's how we get sun tans. Basically everything but mirrored surfaces absorbs solar energy. I think what you meant to say was "metabolizing solar energy". And if I was taking that route I would have said Surfer's power was absorbing cosmic energy. But I didn't say that, I said his primary power channeling the Power Cosmic, because lot's of other characters absorb cosmic energy as well but not all those characters manipulate the Power Cosmic.

laughing out loud
What kind of reasoning is that? Are we going to call Green Lantern's main power as well, creating light like a lantern?

How about Hulk being large? This is just getting silly.

Green Lantern doesn't have a "power" he wields an object, different thing.

Hulk does have superhuman size, but it's not really the greatest of his abilities so I personally wouldn't call it his primary power. I mean the difference in size between him and human is significant, but the difference in strength is unreal.

In regards to Surfer though, being able to travel through space is the MOST important aspect of his powers, it's the whole reason Galactus created him. Take away his energy blast and he could still be a herald for Galactus, take away his ability to traverse space and he'd be useless for Galactus.

I'm being silly? Yes, because they are not his primary powers. Strength is.
You're not giving your boy enough credit. Supes's main power isn't just super strength it's being super human across the board. Yes he's superstong but he's also super durable, super fast, and has superhuman senses, all to the Nth degree.

And versatile is a relative term comparing two or more people/things. You're not versatile based on what you CAN do, you're versatile based on what others CAN'T do. The really silly thing is that we've spent this much time on a tangent. I mean I already said that blasting was Surfer's main manifestation and my comment about it qualifying as versatility was limited to bricks. We're talking about an extreme minority of showings here lol.

Sure, go ahead with your scans.

Just as soon as you give me your number. No offense but you have a horrible reputation for doing things like "moving the goal posts"

Now, why are we using appearances as a crutch?

Not having confidence issues, are we?

You're the one who established the number of appearances/fights being relevant when you mentioned Surfer using his versatility in less than 5 percent. If a percentage is important for Surfer than it's important for Supes.

Now you are changing the topic again. If Superman uses shis speed in a fight, he is using his speed.

Him speedblitzing and landing like 10 punches in a row will kill most of his foes.

He is not a killer. And why are we limiting using speed to Flash like "flurry of punches" speedblitz.

No YOU'RE changing the topic. Celey asked specifically about SPEEDBLITZING, and you said you could produce more scans of it than celey could produce for Surfer using versatility

Yes, he uses his speed far more often than surfer uses say his energy draining or your favorite wekness exploitation (which he never uses btw).

Doesn't stops you though. I wonder why?
Again, the topic has always been about Supes speedblitzing...

Why? And no they are not, Superman uses his speed in almost every fight.

Which you can imagine are far more than Surfer's uses of energy blasts.

Speed vs Versatility. That's the stipulation.
Surfer uses his energy blast in virtually all his fights. I can't think of a single fight off the top of my head where he didn't throw a single energy blasts. Supes obviously has more fights to his credit so if they both used speed/blasts 99% of the time of course he has more, but it wouldn't mean he had a higher percentage lol. Are you really so threatened by Surfer that you can't even admit that lol.

And no that's not the stipulation, this discussion has been about speedblitzing before I even threw in my two cents. If you've decided that you don't want to back up what you said before, no worries. I'm gracious enough to let you back out without giving you flak about it.

laughing out loud

Is that how you thought you said last time? You didn't say "my argument is better". You said "Ignore his argument as he manipulates scans and that's so wrong.".

But hey, you have cheerleaders. That totally supports your stance.

No my exact words were...

"Ok now I know what everyone thinking "Why on Earth would darth push for a fight against the biggest hero in comics where his own guy is handicapped against the best ways to win right at the outset"... right? Well there are two reasons... 1=I'm just that damn good... and 2= so is Surfer. There are a LOT of characters who can match(and even exceed) him in one, two, or possibly even 3 categories... but there are virtually none in the herald tier who can match him across the board. To borrow a metaphor from way back when... Hulk is a canion a mile deep and 100 feet wide, Supes is a canion a mile deep and 500 hundred feet wide, but Surfer is a canion a mile deep and and a mile wide... and that's just too much for practically anyone else in his weight class unless he tries to fight THEIR way. Another good metaphor for a fight between the two would be that it's like a game of rock/paper/scissors... only Supes is only able to throw rock while Surfer can throw all 3. Yes Supes has can definately win IF Surfer is stupid enough to throw scissors, but in a forum fight he has absolutely no reason(and certainly no obligation) to do so. Surfer beats Supes in a forum fight for basically the same reason that Supes beats Hulk in a forum fight.

I suspect that most of you are expecting me to come in and scan bomb the Hell out of the place like I would have in the old days but you know what... I'm not gonna. That's not to say that I plan on making a bunch of baseless claims unsupported by evidence, but we're talking about 2 extremely well known characters in fight that's been argued ad nausim so making you judges click on hundreds of links that you'e seen at least a dozen times each will be pointless and end with all of you getting so tired of clicking that something important is likely to get glossed over and missed. It's the very thing that killed real debating on this forum long ago. Plus we've got a pretty short time limit on this thing and if we gotta go hunting for a truckload of scans it's going to take away a lot from the actual debating. No instead of a scan blitz that you don't need to see the thing I'll primariy be relying on is quite simply... your common sense and logic. Yes simply put, the seat of the pants wisdom of intelligent, well reasoned debaters who are already familiar with the forum rules and the capabilities of the characters being discussed. I'll go ahead and use scans to prove that Surfer has more than enough power to hurt Supes, then I'll demonstrate just how many more offensive options Surfer has than Supes, and then I'll prove that he can defend far better against Supes's best avenues for victory than vice versa, but in the end I'll be relying on you guy's ability to finish the equation 1+1+1=X.

Now abhi... he's going to try to pull off a little magic act. He's gonna try a little misdirection... he's gonna throw in some double standards... add a dash of lowballing... and hope to amaze you with 1,000+ plus scans that come strait from the largest respect thread on the internet(fitting for the most popular character in the history of fiction) while ommiting all context... but in the end when you wipe the sleep out of your eyes and thank God that he's finally finished, nothing he will have said will be able to change the fact that all Supes can throw is rock, and the only reason for Surfer to throw scissors is because abhi desperately wants him too."

2nd paragraph is me saying "listen to my argument", 3rd paragraph is me saying "ignore his argument"

darthgoober
If only you knew how to debate and not create a bunch of rules in favor from the start.

"I will do it only if it works as I say."

Silly sally, that's not how a debate works.

I didn't set up the conditions for the debate, you and Celey did laughing . See this kind of thing is where your rep for moving the goalposts comes from...

darthgoober
Nah, Bran's ego is bigger than yours.

He is a better Surfer fanboy than you too.

Now is that nice? I'm trying to be nice here. "Fanboy" is specifically referenced as bashing. Let's just be nice cause you know if you and I are debating that the mods are watching closely. If not nice than at least civil.

I only knew because I used to read the old threads and laugh at your silly posts.

You silly sally, you are not that important. In fact you are not important at all in grand scheme of things.
Exactly, you die hard Supes fans research my old posts big grin

darthgoober
Oh yes, you are.

You have argued years about Superman and Surfer having similar level of speed and have been offended by mere mention of Superman being able to speedblitz surfer.

While weakness exploitation (which surfer never uses) is your go tactic.

I want to compare the times Surfer has used kryptonite/red sun rays on someone to the time superman has speedblitzed. Want to compare?
No I'm not, I've acknowledged that according to forum rules Supes is will to speedblitz.

True story, they do. My objection hasn't been based on it being "in character" for Supes since the forum rules specifically mentioned him, but rather on Surfer's ability to react/counter.

Have either of those things EVER been relevant in a battle of Surfer's? That's like saying Supes can't knock out Wolverine because he's never ko'd someone with an adamantium skull and healing factor before lol

One Big Mob
Now is that nice? I'm trying to be nice here. "Fanboy" is specifically referenced as bashing. Let's just be nice cause you know if you and I are debating that the mods are watching closely. If not nice than at least civil.

Exactly, you die hard Supes fans research my old posts big grin My favorite part is where he called me a "better" Surfer fanboy than you. I don't even defend Surfer, nor do I remember the last time I argued about him. I'm a terrible Surfer fanboy tbh.

Should have used Vince Slice. That guy is there, though even then you'd be hard pressed to find any dude from any fandom as determined as abhi. Guy hits the irony jackpot with half his insults.

Also pom poms for defending myself. When I get back I'm going to make up a cheer if I remember. I probably won't but it's a fun thought.

darthgoober
My favorite part is where he called me a "better" Surfer fanboy than you. I don't even defend Surfer, nor do I remember the last time I argued about him. I'm a terrible Surfer fanboy tbh.

Should have used Vince Slice. That guy is there, though even then you'd be hard pressed to find any dude from any fandom as determined as abhi. Guy hits the irony jackpot with half his insults.

Also pom poms for defending myself. When I get back I'm going to make up a cheer if I remember. I probably won't but it's a fun thought.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think one time I actually won the vote for "most reasonable fanboy" back before people started actually getting mad about the title lol

abhilegend
If I was more than mortal why would I run for President? I mean pronounce myself Godking, Pharaoh, or something like that sure... Begging the populace to put myself in charge for 4 years wouldn't even make sense stick out tongue

Well, you seem to consider yourself in a very bright light, might as well start using it.

You are the one who claimed that Surefr uses versatility in a very large amount of his appearances. Are you denying that now?

Haha, what? For four decades he wasn't even powered by speed force, it was retconned as source of his power in 1994.

So no, it isn't the primary power. Not by any means.

Nobody claimed that. You are simply using red herrings now.

crylaugh

That's simply hilarious. Not even going to bother replying to it.

Its the same. Superman metabolizes solar power into various effects as well.

I'm not going to say this is his primary power. But I'm going to see how far you are going to stretch this before you concede.

You are using "surfer" as a mean to say he is not a blaster but flyer? Why not use it in Green Lantern and Hulk's cases?

The point went over your head I see.

So you are saying his primary power is flying? After all, take away his power cosmic manipulation and he will still be useful to Galactus.

Yes, he is main power is Superstrength. Its the very basis of the power's name.

Totally wrong. Its their lack of versatility not your versatility.

Against bricks its their lack of versatility. How can you argue about comics for a decade and know so little about the terminologies?

Like I said, you made the first claim and questioned me. You should be the one to post the feats of versatility.

Onus is on you. Don't run away now.

How does that equates to Superman needing five times more than surfer's feats of versatility to match them?

He needs to be judged on his own appearances and not some other character's.

Are you championing Celey now? I clearly informed him about how I disagree with Superman using speedblitzes that much in his fights.

More than you can.

I always said about general use of speed. Your lack of comprehension is evident.

Really? Just read his fight with Thing recently. Or with Skaar.

I can cite plenty of examples where he fought like a brute.

Why would I back out from something which I haven't even claimed anything about? If you're chicken about surfer's versatility "in a large number of appearances", you can bow out anytime you want.

Its not like you'll even be here after that to give you a flak.

Your entire third paragraph is asking judges to ignore my scans and arguments because you are too good and I'm skewing the context.

Its like asking a child to realize his mistake.

"See, I did this right way. You must believe me."

You are so full of yourself, its almost pitiful. Like I said at that day too, you are nothing. You just want others to play by your rules while you discard anyone else's arguments

This just proves it again.

abhilegend
I didn't set up the conditions for the debate, you and Celey did laughing . See this kind of thing is where your rep for moving the goalposts comes from...
Why are you jumping in between if that was confirmed with me and Celey?

One Big Mob
Just as long as you acknowledge that you're a worse fanboy than me, all is fine.

Defend my boy when I'm away. When I wake up, I'll be swept away by a big black dodge that in my reality is a ****ing silver surfboard. I'll be doing some matter manipulation like fusing nails to wood. No wait, I'll be shooting energy nails through wood. Using my super strength to lift poles. Probably use my star resisting durability to walk through banging my head off something. I don't know, some other shit. Absorbing cosmic energy through McDonalds?

abhilegend
No I'm not, I've acknowledged that according to forum rules Supes is will to speedblitz.

Well, I don't agree to that rule.

Oh you want to argue Surfer's speed against Superman's? Well, that would be very interesting.

*Scans of Spidey and Ganeymede and Midnight Sun blitzing the **** out of surfer*

Well, you posted that like in every post in your "reign". There must be so many examples of Surfer doing that to his opponents as you are asking for averages in appearances for Superman speedblitzing as a common tactic.

Well, weaker characters than Superman have done so.

So are you going to accept this? Surfer using red sun/kryptonite vs Superman speedblitzing?

abhilegend
My favorite part is where he called me a "better" Surfer fanboy than you. I don't even defend Surfer, nor do I remember the last time I argued about him. I'm a terrible Surfer fanboy tbh.

Also pom poms for defending myself. When I get back I'm going to make up a cheer if I remember. I probably won't but it's a fun thought. Originally posted by darthgoober
I'm not 100% sure, but I think one time I actually won the vote for "most reasonable fanboy" back before people started actually getting mad about the title lol
Get a room you two.

thumb up

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>