KMC High Herald Tournament!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Who here would like to participate in a High Herald Tourney?

High Herald.
3 team, Merge, or Both.
With Prep.
All forms of Amping allowed.

We need a host (I will not be hosting, I may participate)
Judges
Participants

Opinions, and inputs are welcomed.

leonidas
i'd likely be in. don't really need a host for anything other than checking out picks, and not even that really, as any pick that is suspect could be edited out by the others when revealed. anyone can open matches and rules can be enforced by participants or an outside opinion if absolutely necessary.

ghostman
id like to judge.

darthgoober
When were you thinking of hosting yours ID? Not cause I plan on participating, but because I had an idea of a mixed level tourney based loosely on Contest of Champions I was going to host when the current one is over.

"Id"
Originally posted by darthgoober
When were you thinking of hosting yours ID? Not cause I plan on participating, but because I had an idea of a tourney I was going to host when the current one is over.
I don't want to host

I was only suggesting a high Herald turney.

What's your plan?

darthgoober
Originally posted by "Id"
I don't want to host

I was only suggesting a high Herald turney.

What's your plan?

I was thinking 6 man teams. 2 street, 2 meta, 1 low herald, 1 high herald level teams. 3 team members per round, all characters have to be used at least 1 round but no one can be used every round. Round robin so every participant fights every other participant. Zero prep, but zero barred strategies or tactics(so people like Zoom will be allowed).

Also, I was thinking rather than the standard draft, everyone will have to select from a predetermined list so there's no questionable drafts.

darthgoober
How many required fights/barred fights per team member will depend on how many entrants I get

darthgoober
Also, it will be assumed that entrants are basically the "summoner" in CoC. So they might be able to give some basic instructions to their guys, but they're not actually in direct control of everything their team does on the battlefield

"Id"
Your going to make a predetermined list?

darthgoober
Your going to make a predetermined list?
Yup. A lot of characters will be open to being moved or removed since I don't know everything about everyone and am just doing the best I can at sorting the tiers list

darthgoober
Also it's not a simple matter of "low herald" and "high herald", I'll be tiering them as "Alpha Heralds" and "Omega Heralds" and doing what I can to divide the mid heralds between them.

Same goes with the Street and Meta tiers, I'm trying to include as many possible selections as possible so there's a good list to choose from. I'm using the KMC tiers as a framework, but there'll be quite a few changes on placement so some picks that I'll outright remove due to them having too few showings to debate against or just being ridiculously placed or too controversial. I'm not tiering strictly on feats, I'm also factoring in logic and common sense(for instance, Super Nova is NOT got to be an acceptable pick of any tier)

carver9
This needs to be done.

Facee
Sounds like a terrible idea ( darths) tourney. Shitty idea to be honest. whistle

darthgoober
Also I know this will be a tall order to fill, but if at all possible I'd like to find some PERMANENT judges to judge every match in the tourney to ensure consistency. Most of us who've been in a tourney know what it's like losing to judge selection and I'd like to avoid that if possible. I'd like to find 5 cause 2/3 doesn't seem concrete enough in my eyes, though I will settle for it if it's all I can get.

ghostman
Also I know this will be a tall order to fill, but if at all possible I'd like to find some PERMANENT judges to judge every match in the tourney to ensure consistency. Most of us who've been in a tourney know what it's like losing to judge selection and I'd like to avoid that if possible. I'd like to find 5 cause 2/3 doesn't seem concrete enough in my eyes, though I will settle for it if it's all I can get.

id like to judge.

carver9
Originally posted by ghostman
id like to judge.

No no, no

ghostman
Originally posted by carver9
No no, no

not with you participating though, youre terrible.

beatboks
I'm down for both.

I must say that darth's tourney will be hard IMHO to balance.
The best way i see of doing so (and believe me i know it takes some work) is to have the draft list with every character having a points amount and a total maximum number of points you can use.

A good example would be
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/dedmans-create-a-tournament-tourney-561607/

Dedman is a master at finding loopholes in the rules of other's tourneys and breaking them wide open. His own tourney's are very hard to break that way and are always pretty balanced but to achieve this he involves a lot of people's opinions to reach that balance.

abhilegend
I'm in as a participant.

DarkSaint85
I'm in to try and break loopholes.

leonidas
either would be fine with me. goob's would be tough and i could see a lot of wrangling over the 'new' tiers.....that would add a lot of extra time to this thing. everyone can see that pg's lost a lot of steam already, and there was a tourney just prior so tourney overload could be a definite issue. much as i'd like to be in one, i'd be surprised if either generated enough serious interest to even get off the ground.

darthgoober
loopholes are always a theoretical threat but with any luck by making folks choose from a list and allowing virtually any/all tactics I'm really cutting back on anything being considered a loophole. OHKOs, time manipulation, manipulation... all allowed. About the only things I plan on barring at this point is self BFR and teleportational BFR of others.

But don't start trying to sign up yet, wait till I post the thread after the current one ends because I'm still working out the exact details and things are subject to change so I don't want to get people's hopes up if I decide something isn't feasible.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by leonidas
either would be fine with me. goob's would be tough and i could see a lot of wrangling over the 'new' tiers.....that would add a lot of extra time to this thing. everyone can see that pg's lost a lot of steam already, and there was a tourney just prior so tourney overload could be a definite issue. much as i'd like to be in one, i'd be surprised if either generated enough serious interest to even get off the ground.

I was ROBBED and the tournament is DAMNED because of it!!!!

DarkSaint85
Mmmmmmmmmm

darthgoober
I don't plan on their being all that much bickering over the tiers. If I'm familiar with the character in question than he/she stays where he is. The only ones open for debate are the ones I'm not all that familiar with. All I actually NEED are 4 participants since it's round robin.

Decter
All forms of amping ia a turn off

I'll be happy to judge tho

beatboks
Who here would like to participate in a High Herald Tourney?

High Herald.
3 team, Merge, or Both.
With Prep.
All forms of Amping allowed.

We need a host (I will not be hosting, I may participate)
Judges
Participants

Opinions, and inputs are welcomed.

How much prep time are we talking about?

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Decter
All forms of amping ia a turn off

Pfft. All forms of amping is where the fun starts.

beatboks
Originally posted by Blair Wind

Agreed, That plus I LOVE prep Tourney's

psycho gundam
Definitely gonna be a shitshow

darthgoober
Just a heads up... I've come up with a few too many exploits in my touney idea so I'm not going to host it. If I can come with something that works though I'll be back for one. In the meantime, someone jump on idea and run with it.

psycho gundam
Is this still alive?

Digi

I still want to see a Trans.-level tourney where there literally aren't rules. Probably no prep to keep it from getting too silly. And a limit of, say, two non-amalgamated characters. But like, offensive matter manip, time travel, amping, dimension hopping, duplicates, etc. It's ALL on the table. By the end of the tourney, you know someone would be nut-punching fools with the entirety of the speed force wrapped in a black hole, while simultaneously constructing the Infinity Gauntlet a million years in the past and rewriting the universe to preemptively win the match. Or two equally balanced, versatile teams block all of that from happening to them, and I think you'd see some really interesting matches where a lot less happens.

leonidas
i'd be up for pretty well anything. summer is just round the corner and i'll have time for a quick tourney or a couple bz's at the least.

psycho gundam
evil face

"Id"
I would like to see a high herald or trans tournament. I just dont want to host it.

ASGARDIANBRONY
is this still going on?

Scoobless
smile

leonidas
what are you trying to say exactly....? shifty

"Id"
Can we have Leo take on Scoobless?

coot

Digi
Can we have Leo take on Scoobless?

coot

I'd judge.

leonidas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TL5tbRqonY

scoob: "Ain't gonna be no rematch, ain't gonna be no rematch...."

why? because he and i both know i got rooked in our only match! mad

but i'm over that. thumb up

psycho gundam
If anyone wants a one-off match I'd gladly make the thread, take character drafts and gather judges for it.

Scoobless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TL5tbRqonY

scoob: "Ain't gonna be no rematch, ain't gonna be no rematch...."

why? because he and i both know i got rooked in our only match! mad

but i'm over that. thumb up

roll eyes (sarcastic)

How many tournaments have you won?

cool

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Scoobless
roll eyes (sarcastic)

cool

But....you know...carver.

The more time I spend here, the more I am convinced it was a complete fluke that he beat you, lol. His day to day posting is NOTHING like his BZs - hell, he doesn't even know what he posted himself, sometimes.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

The more time I spend here, the more I am convinced it was a complete fluke that he beat you, lol. His day to day posting is NOTHING like his BZs - hell, he doesn't even know what he posted himself, sometimes.

BAH, Scoobless, is HIGHLY overrated!!!

Scoobless
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
BAH, Scoobless, is HIGHLY overrated!!!

Who are you?

confused

Blair Wind

Or, you know, it wasn't just him.

leonidas
roll eyes (sarcastic)

cool

pfft. i can't even remember anymore grampa. and don't go on about those tourneys you won back in the 1970's. most of your w's came before most of these posters were even born. thumb up

LordofBrooklyn
Who are you?

confused

LORD OF THE BATTLEZONES, SWINE!!!!!

mad

Delta1938

mad

Prove it by challenging DarkSaint and going 0-3 against him!!

Scoobless

mad

So.... you are some type of pig who belongs to a fictitious lord?

No wonder you seem angry.

You n00bs are always kinda weird, wait til you've been around for a while, people might start remembering you.

Delta1938

You n00bs are always kinda weird, wait til you've been around for a while, people might start remembering you.

You call him a "n00b" but are unaware of the well known fact he's so mad because he's a chihuahua, the angriest breed ever?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Delta1938
Prove it by challenging DarkSaint and going 0-3 against him!!

Get 10 JUST posters to read those Battlezones, ALL will say the MIGHTY LOB was ROBBED!!!

LordofBrooklyn, is a LEGEND across ALL internet comicbook forums!!!!

leonidas

http://straightfromthea.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/jay-z-rap-disgusted-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-1584-300x181.gif

LordofBrooklyn
http://straightfromthea.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/jay-z-rap-disgusted-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-1584-300x181.gif

Digi's betrayal has SCARRED you for life!!!!!!

Delta1938
Get 10 JUST posters to read those Battlezones, ALL will say the MIGHTY LOB was ROBBED!!!

I'm sure that's nice to tell yourself.

LordofBrooklyn
I'm sure that's nice to tell yourself.

It. Is. The. TRUTH!!!!

Everyone said I was Robbed.

Delta1938
It. Is. The. TRUTH!!!!

Everyone said I was Robbed.

Let's see those people saying you were robbed.

Rao Kal El
Can't believe LOB loses to Dorksaint.

That puts the puppy on Carver's league

DarkSaint85
Or, you know, it wasn't just him.

I've always suspected so. Even more so when he then tried to draft a depowered Surfer, and started using Goober's scans, who then also came into the thread to defend him.

DG has contacted me several times through PMs, sending me scans and arguments to use in threads. He likes 'staying out of it', and I think he fancies himself a bit of a puppet master.

Delta1938
I've always suspected so. Even more so when he then tried to draft a depowered Surfer, and started using Goober's scans, who then also came into the thread to defend him.

DG has contacted me several times through PMs, sending me scans and arguments to use in threads. He likes 'staying out of it', and I think he fancies himself a bit of a puppet master.

Watch it. You're gonna make the kitten block you again!! laughing

LordofBrooklyn
Let's see those people saying you were robbed.

Look up the aftermath threads yourself, UNBELIEVING, TRASH!!!

Delta1938
Look up the aftermath threads yourself, UNBELIEVING, TRASH!!!

Don't speak to your King in that manner, you delusional, glorified court jester. Just because I'm kind to animals doesn't mean I won't dump your ankle biter ass at a high kill shelter.

carver9
I'll represent Hulk.

"Id"
Ill represent Lobo

DarkSaint85
Oh shit, its going down.

darthgoober

Of course I helped with advice and arguing points. That's nothing new in tourney's, even veterans like to get an outside perspective and input on things. It's like lawyers hiring folks to sit in the courtroom to get a better idea of how things look to the jury. And I still stand by depowered Surfer being a low herald. I mean I can understand why no one else wanted to lose to Carver, but he really got ripped off there considering some of the other picks.

And I don't really fancy myself a puppet master per say, most(though not all) the time I'm more like Uatu and just point stuff out to others and let them do with it what they like.

LordofBrooklyn
Of course I helped with advice and arguing points. That's nothing new in tourney's, even veterans like to get an outside perspective and input on things. It's like lawyers hiring folks to sit in the courtroom to get a better idea of how things look to the jury. And I still stand by depowered Surfer being a low herald. I mean I can understand why no one else wanted to lose to Carver, but he really got ripped off there considering some of the other picks.

And I don't really fancy myself a puppet master per say, most(though not all) the time I'm more like Uatu and just point stuff out to others and let them do with it what they like.

Review the TRAVESTY that took place in my ROBBERIES against, PIGSAINT, in the 2 Battlezones and give your unbiased opinion on who REALLY won!

"Id"
Carver gonna get carved.

LordofBrooklyn
Don't speak to your King in that manner, you delusional, glorified court jester. Just because I'm kind to animals doesn't mean I won't dump your ankle biter ass at a high kill shelter.

A SWIFT KICK TO YOUR THROAT, SHOULD SILENCE YOUR WHORE MOUTH!!!

psycho gundam
LordofShooklyn

DarkSaint85
Ill represent Lobo

I'll represent Hulk.

Hunter Solomon.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by psycho gundam
LordofShooklyn

I AM LORD OF YOUR UNWORTHY LIFE!!!!!!

Delta1938
A SWIFT KICK TO YOUR THROAT, SHOULD SILENCE YOUR WHORE MOUTH!!!

How's an ankle biter like you going to kick me in the throat? It's like Bada trying to type when his arms are too short, only worse. And hey, don't be mean, shifty it's not my fault your mom pays me for this mouth. laughing

LordofBrooklyn
How's an ankle biter like you going to kick me in the throat? It's like Bada trying to type when his arms are too short, only worse. And hey, don't be mean, shifty it's not my fault your mom pays me for this mouth. laughing

THESE ARE YOUR LAST DAYS....

SPEND THEM WISELY!!!!

Delta1938
THESE ARE YOUR LAST DAYS....

SPEND THEM WISELY!!!!

Why, didn't get your rabies shot? vin

DarkSaint85
Why, didn't get your rabies shot? vin

Shh.

LoB counts in dog years.

carver9
Hunter Solomon.

You ain't ready.

Delta1938
I'll represent Hulk.

So you only take BZs you think you can win. I understand why you dodged mine.

DarkSaint85
You ain't ready.

Still waiting sad

I think Darksaint and myself should go at it for the finally.

You had your chance. And threw a tantrum, and fled thumb up

Must be why you're so good at sensing it....just not in others.

But if you wish, I will face you in a BZ, name your characters and I will draft someone to face you. But as far as this tourney is concerned, you had the rules changed just to avoid me smile

Edit: If you want, we can go back and do a fight. Wonder Doom vs Fate/Bizarro/Vulcan.

Guess carver wasn't really serious about it sad

Ah well. Thanks all!!!!!

Delta1938
Still waiting sad

He won't admit it, but he's terrified and intimidated by your avatar pic, with that glorious beard and hair.

"Id"
Dark Saint aint ready

"Id"
is going down or what?

Delta1938
is going down or what?

Carter vs DarkSaint? Probably not.

"Id"
its not meant to be.

Delta1938
its not meant to be.

That, and shifty carter feeeeears hiiiiim.

"Id"
So who wants to host and judge this tourney?

DarkSaint85
We have our one power tourney first, Id. Are you still up for that?

"Id"
Sure.

psycho gundam
I also have a tournament idea if everything else falls through

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.