Top 10 speed feats in Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Facee
What are the top 10 or some of the best speed feats in Marvel .

This can be running, flying, moving, whatever.

Provide a scan if you can.

ShadowFyre
Thor and Surfer have the best travelling speed in Marvel and its not even close. Thor has pulled a PC. Supes level flying speed when he flew out of our universe. Quite a few others from him and Surfer as well. Sentry, Gladiator as well.

Not as familiar with other spd fts tho. I bet spidey has a few goodones.

Surtur
#1 feat is by Buried Alien.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Buried_Alien_%28Earth-TRN242%29

Anyways, other then that I think Makkari was probably one of the fastest beings in Marvel. I think he head feats of being so fast he could only interact with someone with the level of speed "The Runner" has. I believe the Runner even says he could of pushed himself to that level of speed too, but that he chose not to.

Another nice feat is Gladiator keeping up with people with time dilation devices due to sheer speed.

Stoic
Surfer moving over a light year in under 3 seconds comes to mind. Happened during the Infinity Gauntlet when he tried to nab it from Thanos' hand. Sorry no scans that I'd post because they would be much too large for the page.

Genii96
Surfer outracing the explosion to the end of time,travelling 500,000 light years in a short time,catching up to someone 3 light years away,searching earth before strange could complete a sentence,searching zenn-la in a heartr beat,etc,etc

DarkSaint85
Death Seed Sentry would be another - when he flew with Thor.

One Big Mob
Hulk

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Hulk

thumb up

the Darkone
By far no particular order are best feats

Thor
Silver Surfer
Gladitator
Sentry
Makari
Buried Allen
The Runner
Nova Prime

Surtur
Originally posted by the Darkone
By far no particular order are best feats

Thor
Silver Surfer
Gladitator
Sentry
Makari
Buried Allen
The Runner
Nova Prime

Other then flying fast in space Thor really isn't close to being in the top 10 when it comes to speed feats.

riv6672
He is by OP definition. This is what Facee asked for, you guy, you.

-K-M-

One Big Mob
"He even moves so face the poison the poison doesn't hurt him."
"...moves so fast he crates a vortex..."

Guy's moving faces and creating crates with his speed. Pretty quick.

-K-M-
I will cut you. Leave me alone sad

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by -K-M-
I will cut you. Leave me alone sad
"the poison the poison"

He failed at your failing..

Smh...

One Big Mob
I think this day we all failed, even the people who didn't come here today.

But Mungi failed harder than all of us so we should forget our shortcomings and pile onto him. But not physically because that would be gay

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Stoic
Surfer moving over a light year in under 3 seconds comes to mind. Happened during the Infinity Gauntlet when he tried to nab it from Thanos' hand. Sorry no scans that I'd post because they would be much too large for the page.

That scene was epic.

Blue Area Vet
No mention of Quasar?

Galan007
"He even moves so face the poison the poison doesn't hurt him."
"...moves so fast he crates a vortex..."

Guy's moving faces and creating crates with his speed. Pretty quick. In Mungi's defense, he was really excited about those HUGE FEATS! Mistakes are bound to happen when you're that amped up. thumb up

Mindship
Originally posted by Stoic
Surfer moving over a light year in under 3 seconds comes to mind. Happened during the Infinity Gauntlet when he tried to nab it from Thanos' hand. Are you talking about when Thanos was throwing a punch at Captain America, and SS intercepted? If so, I had done some calculations regarding that action, and Surfer was moving a helluva lot faster than 1 lightyear/3 seconds, or about 10 million cee. My conservative answer was at least 320 million cee, or >10 lightyears/second.

Philosophía
Surfer has flown faster than that. Lightyears in short periods of times is small stuff, compared to blurring past galaxies.

abhilegend
Yeah, his board is so fast.

It's almost as fast as a GL ring.

Horrificus
Starhawk traveling at 3x speed of light.

Makkari reaching "absolute speed", which is a level where u r going so fast, the only thongs that can even interact with u, r other beings moving at absolute speed. As Fast Forward had to do, to bring Makkari back to normal.

Philosophía
Anyway, if people really want to categorize who is faster in terms of body movement, not flying - they should read Gruenwald's Quasar arc where most of the top speedsters compete.

Quicksilver has gotten faster since then, but still.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah, his board is so fast.

It's almost as fast as a GL ring. "If no one will bring up a DC character here for literally no reason, I will take a stand against that!"

One Big Mob

quanchi112
"If no one will bring up a DC character here for literally no reason, I will take a stand against that!" Abhi is very upset both marvel comics and the box office show it isn't even a healthy rivalry anymore. We even have big DC fans feeling embarrassed over their new rebirth story.

Philosophía
Gruenwald was a firm believer in nothing being faster than light though. It's a large reason why Quasar teleports.

Plus his random hard on for Mak for whatever reason. And the Star Brand (call of the Zop) Yeah, but then again the contest was pretty strict , so in a backwards sense, he differentiated it from soley flying .

I don't think anybody in Marvel has actually ran faster than light. The closest that comes to mind is Quicksilver's one-off-feat recently , to which the writers directly admitted a mis-interpretation of what he meant, not that he was faster than light, but fast enough so that radio communication was not possible - and his other feats certainly back that up.

Do you remember anybody doing this?

One Big Mob

-K-M-
Northstar came the closest running faster then light recently. It was HUGE

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/northstar_classic3_zpsprua8eo9.png

One Big Mob
laughing out loud

Also Gruen didn't like anything traveling faster than light. That includes flight. It was probably at a period where he read about light and said "hot Moses, ain't nothing faster in my books!"

carver9
Quicksilver just ran around the planet in some seconds during a recent battle. He's most definitely up there.

abhilegend
"If no one will bring up a DC character here for literally no reason, I will take a stand against that!"
laughing out loud

complexbrother
Spiderman vs Firelord, where SM kicked the former heralds ass

https://longboxgraveyard.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/firelord-01.png

celeyhyga17
Monica and Makkari... Consistently the best in movement. I guess Northstar too. Not counting Runner of course.

complexbrother
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/119238/3047518-1389072-1300737_wonder_woman_v2__215___page_2_super_super.jpg

-K-M-
If you count Northstar you have to count Aurora. Natch!

celeyhyga17
hmm

StiltmanFTW
Hulk

We have a winner here.

Horrificus
Runner's first appearance had him running across galaxies over the course of like a day or some shit.

It's just because there's not a lot of runners in Marvel, so there's not a lot of examples to go off of. right. And In the issue where Makkari finally reaches "absolute speed", im pretty sure it is stated that Runner moves at that speed as his top.

It was also shown that it was the same for Fast Forward, aka "Buried Alien", aka Barry Allen.

And Absolute Speed is moving so fast, it would seem to be existing on a different level of being, unable to interact with the rest of the universe.

I dont have the books. Just trying to recall.

Philosophía
Runner's first appearance had him running across galaxies over the course of like a day or some shit. Sure, but that was not conventional running like in his race with Makkari, where he actually had to physically touch a surface, while 'running' in space is a fancy way of saying that he flies. Limited to physical running, Runner is only just under lightspeed.

Surtur
Originally posted by riv6672
He is by OP definition. This is what Facee asked for, you guy, you.

Yeah, but he didn't ask for anyone who can fly fast in space, but the top 10 speed feats. "Thor flies fast in space" wouldn't be in the top 10. There are far more then 10 characters in Marvel who can fly at FTL speeds in space.

Also if you want to be technical, it's the hammer that can fly at FTL speeds, not Thor. Thors own innate speed isn't even worth mentioning.

One Big Mob

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah, but he didn't ask for anyone who can fly fast in space, but the top 10 speed feats. "Thor flies fast in space" wouldn't be in the top 10. There are far more then 10 characters in Marvel who can fly at FTL speeds in space.

Also if you want to be technical, it's the hammer that can fly at FTL speeds, not Thor. Thors own innate speed isn't even worth mentioning.
Whaaaa?!

Are you gonna take up Phil's challenge of street levelers being faster than Thor bz?

You dirty Superman fan u.
superdur

Surtur
Thor is above a street leveler with his own innate speed. But there is a huge gap between "faster then a street leveler" and "has some of the best speed feats in Marvel history".

Spider-Man is also way faster then a street leveler, and yet he wouldn't even place in the top 100 speed feats.

Philosophía
Under the same writer that is his max speed though. That's anyone's max speed and anything faster breaks the laws of the universe to a point where he invented a new "dimension" just to explain it. Which basically means that no matter what Runner does - run fly swim tornado spins - he will always be at that speed. Which is a direct contradiction to his first appearance.

It's not a perfect example to use. The whole arc was basically just an excuse for Gruenwald to try and shove more of his shit down everyone's throats. He did the same thing with Starbrand where he took some herald level power and tried to make it the greatest thing that ever existed. You mean the Runner who is able to transverse the Universe and is powered by the FTL tachyons? No, that Runner was also Gruenwald's runner.

Transverse the Universe:

http://i63.tinypic.com/24xfj9d.png

Powered by faster than light tachyons:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2h663us&s=9#.VstrZOabS2c

It just so happens that under those special conditions , Runner's limit is sub-light.

I agree that Gruenwald had a hard-on for lightspeed - but nothing actually contradicts this per say.

celeyhyga17
Thor is above a street leveler with his own innate speed.
thumb up

leonidas
that entire quasar 'absolute speed' arc was one of the worst arcs in history, and i don't think i'm exaggerating. buried alien was.....my god, i don't have the words.... light speed is weird though. in dc it has been said that breaking light speed means entering the speed force. when authors have such vastly different views on things (other authors seem to view light speed as almost slow for their guys...), it really throws things out of whack.

as far as thor--he fast but i don't see him being CONSISTENTLY portrayed beyond the fastest street level guys outside of travel speed. i'd wager phil would have a pretty damn good shot at winning a bz that tried arguing otherwise, unless a massive overemphasis was placed on one or 2 scans and a host of contradictory scans were ignored.....

celeyhyga17
Here's what a Superman fan would say.

"He's holding back."

shifty

One Big Mob

Philosophía
Originally posted by leonidas
as far as thor--he fast but i don't see him being CONSISTENTLY portrayed beyond the fastest street level guys outside of travel speed. i'd wager phil would have a pretty damn good shot at winning a bz that tried arguing otherwise, unless a massive overemphasis was placed on one or 2 scans and a host of contradictory scans were ignored..... I have quite a few guys on ignore so I didn't see that - are people really arguing again that Thor is faster in combat than street levelers? laughing out loud

As for the other part - like I said, I acknowledge that Gruenwald had a hard-on for lightspeed limit and pseudo-physics, but even then, that showing in itself isn't contradicted by anything. Going by speedster rules (i.e. running on surfaces, not pseudo-flying), Runner is sub-light.

Philosophía
Scan isn't working but I'm pretty sure the tachyon tunnels were just that and you couldn't gaze outside of them. It was basically Gruenwald trying to have his own defition of hyperspace but his own thing because he does whatever he wants.

It's even reiterated that nothing moves faster than light and it's the top speed by him when Mak won.

I'd have to reread it but I'm pretty sure they were tunnels while in Runner's first appearance he was showing Moondragon all sorts of funky shit and she could observe it while moving as opposed to the "walls" of the tunnels.

I'm not saying Runner can run physically faster on land than light, but under the same writer that was all he could move anyway without entering Gruenwaldspace. And flying wouldn't have changed that.

Plus I don't even know what Runner's movement classifies as anyway. Guy runs everywhere. Not sure it counts as flying. Sorry, does it work now?

http://oi67.tinypic.com/2h663us.jpg

It's the one where it says that Runner's trail is of tachyons - explained as faster than light particles, while he comes from outer space.

I think we agree on the rest though..except Gruenwald also had Runner able to transverse the Universe, which is impossible under lightspeed, while flying.

It's irrelevant, in the end, because my point was soley related to on-foot speed.

leonidas
@phil--oh yeah, there are a couple arguing against. apparently you challenged anyone to a bz whereby you'd argue thor wasn't faster than a street leveler or something...? i think someone was suggesting they'd take you up on it? maybe? i've not been reading the whole thread....

i'd agree with the runner part since you've qualified it by stating only running speed, but bran has a point--he does seem to be running everywhere he goes, even on air or in a vacuum, so.... shrug

i do recall when mantis 'tripped' him while he was running on the ground.... lol

btw--you told me how to make quotes work again, but...i forget what you said. sad how do you quote again?

StiltmanFTW
how do you quote again?

Ask carver, he knows.

One Big Mob

Philosophía
@phil--oh yeah, there are a couple arguing against. apparently you challenged anyone to a bz whereby you'd argue thor wasn't faster than a street leveler or something...? i think someone was suggesting they'd take you up on it? maybe? i've not been reading the whole thread.... If anybody wants to argue that Thor is historically shown as being faster than street levelers, I'm all for it smile

i'd agree with the runner part since you've qualified it by stating only running speed, but bran has a point--he does seem to be running everywhere he goes, even on air or in a vacuum, so.... shrug

i do recall when mantis 'tripped' him while he was running on the ground.... lol I did some checking, and it was not only Gruenwald who separated his running from his flight - these are after his fights with Thanos/Surfer.

For example there's a specific difference stated between his speed and flight:
http://i67.tinypic.com/mauh3c.jpg

Speed: Orbital
Flight: Warp Speed
-- notice how hyperspace is mentioned.

Here's another example, that explains how his "Running works" - it generates energy that he uses for various things - "move his legs in a running pattern to build up energy sufficient enough to attain speeds greater than light, upon which he enters hyperspace" - notice how hyperspace is mentioned, again; "channel energy, through his running motions, into his own body, and expel it as concussive force"; "he absorbs life-maintaining cosmic energy through his running motions" etc.

http://i68.tinypic.com/21n4mdh.jpg

So basically, the running generates energy, but it's not running in the 'usain bolt' sense. It's a means to generate energy and fuel his other abilities.

btw--you told me how to make quotes work again, but...i forget what you said. sad how do you quote again? My username seems to be quote-proof. Eventough sometimes it works. I dunno...
Just go Originally posted by Philosophia, in the meantime.
Raz doesn't give a shit.

Philosophía
Works now. Though it brings up some questions.

Did that involve the "tachyon tunnels"? Or was he just flying freely about?

Either way Gruenwald contradicted himself since he said nothing is faster than light and showed it. If Runner is using tachyons then he's faster than light. laughing out loud if tachyons exist then he's wrong anyway.

I don't care about the contact running, I just wanted it to be known that the writer of that was a hack who didn't care what it was, it wasn't faster than light... unless he wrote it by accident a year or so earlier. I think he just wanted them as not being able to run faster than light, while in space/flight everything goes. Then he went with the pseudo-science with higher-dimension/hyperspace, but the intent was clear.

Anyway...

celeyhyga17
Pssh... Now u do it? I put this up in a BZ thread 3 months ago. Not long after your little challenge.

"I can't believe there are thor fans that still dare to argue he's faster than street levelers.

OPEN BATTLEZONE INVITATION for anyone willing to defend thor: I say that thor is not above street level combat speed (cap/spiderman etc). You say he's, what, lightspeed? Let's go."

Though Spidey is above street level however.
hmm

Philosophía
You are, and were, on ignore. I couldn't care less to read your posts.

I'll take you off ignore for the battlezone. This weekend ok for you?
4 posts each?
We start Saturday and end Sunday?
I'll raise you one: the loser leaves this forum for a month. No banning or anything like that - self imposed exile. I like stakes smile

Thor is not above street level combat speeds vs Thor is lightspeed.
Let's see who's right.

One Big Mob

psycho gundam
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Surfer crossed a light year in like a second, with light only crossing 186 thousand miles (almost 8 times around Earth), which is just a little over the distance from Earth to the moon.

One Big Mob

Philosophía
Raise the stakes more.

Loser cuts off their baby toe on ustream I'd raise it to a permaban.

psycho gundam
Too lazy to edit but, Surfer was over 26 million times faster than light

One Big Mob

celeyhyga17
Before you get all exited... Let's set the rules. You say he is not ABOVE street level, but mention Spidey who IS above a street leveler(?). And about that "light speed" portion. I don't get that at all. How do you go from being above street level to lightspeed? Taking into account consistent portrayals, averages, high, lows... Lets get to a consensus. I'm here to prove that he has super speed and beyond that of street levelers based on feats which you seem to believe he basically has none or very little of since you often claim he is not beyond street.

Philosophía
You just quoted my battlezone invitation, moron, and now you're asking me what my position is?

You can cut out the part "You say he's, what, lightspeed?" and state your position, for a change.

If you're willing to argue that Thor is above Cap/Spiderman tier, put out.

Otherwise, back on ignore you go.

Philosophía
I would like everyone to partake in a Thor fan being scared shitless of Spiderman's speed and trying to avoid comparing Thor's speed to his.

Good times.

C'mon celey, don't try to twist the invitation that you already accepted.

Are you gonna back down like a coward?

celeyhyga17
The quote was to draw you out? Lol... I don't know what it is with you, but did somebody piss on your cereal again?

Here I am having a meaningful conversation and as usual you are having your usual conniptions... I'm trying to work out ground rules like a reasonable poster.

Philosophía
What is your position? How fast is Thor's combat speed?

celeyhyga17
He doesn't go around speedblitzing people into oblivion a la flash... He's not a "speedster" after all. But he has definitely moved incredibly fast in short bursts..

Above Spidey when he really wants to and not holding back.

Now are we taking only high end feats or consistency?

Philosophía
Good. Then we've got no problem.
I say the complete opposite - he's definitely not faster than Spiderman (and by extension all street levelers in that area, i.e. Captain America, Daredevil etc.

Of course it's consistency.

So we have a go? 5 posts each this weekend with the loser taking a leave of absence for a month?

celeyhyga17
Now we're getting somewhere.

Ahh... I'm saying he's faster than Spider-Man when he's not holding back. Surely you would agree to that since you have many a time likened Thor to being a statue to Superman even at his best. I was thinking more on averages.

Blue Area Vet
"If no one will bring up a DC character here for literally no reason, I will take a stand against that!"

Man, this guy is the biggest baby on the board.

Philosophía
I'm glad that you agree at least that Thor is a statue to Superman. That's a start.

So are we a go?
Judges? I'd be ok with the likes of Galan, Leo, K-M, Stiltman, DarkSaint...I think they're fairly impartial, since I don't think they are big Thor fans or haters. Other propositions?

DarkSaint85
God vs Street
Celey vs Phildo

The red capes are coming!!!!

Philosophía
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
God vs Street
Celey vs Phildo

The red capes are coming!!!! Fp6TT9TosWE

celeyhyga17
I'm finishing up at work. I'll give you my judges proposal when I get home.
I've piled up too much work being on this site as it is.

Oh and Darktaint.. I lold..
"red capes..."

Philosophía
Ok. I'm going to sleep.
So to finalize:

Battlezone - Is Thor's combat speed higher than that of Street levelers (i.e. Spiderman/Cap etc.)?

Your position: It is.
My position: It's not.
When: This Weekend
How: 5 posts each
Judges: Galan, Leo, K-M, Stiltman, DarkSaint (my propositions)
Result: loser leaves the forum for a month

Feel free to add if you want something else.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
No mention of Quasar? agreed.
Well, aside from his normal top-tier universe cruising, there he was, at the Runner'competition, casually hovering over the contestants. So...

Rao Kal El
This thread is getting juicy evilgrin

quanchi112
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
The quote was to draw you out? Lol... I don't know what it is with you, but did somebody piss on your cereal again?

Here I am having a meaningful conversation and as usual you are having your usual conniptions... I'm trying to work out ground rules like a reasonable poster. He is very angry.

laughing out loud

Surtur
I also think Thor could move at super speed in short bursts. He was able to dig a bunch of trenches while moving fast enough that he could barely be seen.

BTW that scan of Runner holding both of the Surfer's arms looks like Runner is about to sexually violate him.

Horrificus
I also think Thor could move at super speed in short bursts. He was able to dig a bunch of trenches while moving fast enough that he could barely be seen.

BTW that scan of Runner holding both of the Surfer's arms looks like Runner is about to sexually violate him.
He does have super-speed feats. This has been an ongoing debate here since the boards began.

And if u really sniff around in the threads, u will find feats, staements and scans to back it up.

And then, after u post your findings and support of Thor, THEY shall descend upon u. THEY will swarm your posts with such venom and intolerance, you will find yourself swimming in madness. Visions of Superman and Silver Surfer, moving at great speeds, will assault your senses, until u question reality itself.

Friends will turn on you, family members shall mock the Odinson, until his feats of incredible speed are lost in a dark cloud of jeers, insults and slander.

So, if u chose this path, be strong and know that your detractors are simply acting on fear of what they do not understand and possibly an odd form of "homophobia" triggered by Thor's combination of Lady-Hair and Asgardian muscle.

But, yes, Thor has feats of super-speed.

Good luck.

StiltmanFTW

Same could be said about great many characters.

That's exactly what happened... canon stick out tongue

celeyhyga17
Philo... Can't seem to pm u.
I can send a post tonight. I asked OneAScott to replace stilt since Scottie has been more active in judging bzs recently.
Sorry Stilt. stick out tongue

Galan007
The brokenness of KMC no longer recognizes that phucked up "i" in his username. That's why you can't quote or PM him.

celeyhyga17
I figured as much.
Hell my pm's were phukked up for this whole week. Kept forcing me to pm "hopnopp" or some such.
It was just about a day ago mynpm's started working again.

Surtur
Originally posted by Horrificus
He does have super-speed feats. This has been an ongoing debate here since the boards began.

And if u really sniff around in the threads, u will find feats, staements and scans to back it up.

And then, after u post your findings and support of Thor, THEY shall descend upon u. THEY will swarm your posts with such venom and intolerance, you will find yourself swimming in madness. Visions of Superman and Silver Surfer, moving at great speeds, will assault your senses, until u question reality itself.

Friends will turn on you, family members shall mock the Odinson, until his feats of incredible speed are lost in a dark cloud of jeers, insults and slander.

So, if u chose this path, be strong and know that your detractors are simply acting on fear of what they do not understand and possibly an odd form of "homophobia" triggered by Thor's combination of Lady-Hair and Asgardian muscle.

But, yes, Thor has feats of super-speed.

Good luck.

Well yes he certainly does have super speed feats. I think the problems come when people try to act like he rivals Superman or Flash in speed. I saw many an argument about this on CBR until the mods finally nipped it in the butt and decided the evidence didn't show he has that insane a speed level. Since literally every Thor thread would turn into a speed debate lasting many pages.

Philosophía
It's sunday night here. The deal was that we do this over the weekend, when I have time, because I'm at work the rest of the days.

Why the f*ck did it take you 5 days to respond?

celeyhyga17
Had mad work to do. Kept puling up because of forums. Then this pm business is a mess. Who the ohuck is "hopnopp"? It's all gud since it should be an easy bz to judge anyway. Not like it's a battle bz.

Philosophía
That was 5 days ago.

Do you work on the moon?

I don't have time to do it now. Like I said, it's Sunday. I said "Let''s do it over the weekend" because it's the only time period I can do it over. And next weekend I'm out of town..

I'll try to see if I can do it over the week and let you know tomorrow so we can start tuesday.

celeyhyga17
Let's just say it's tax season. Mad work. It's all good though. Whenever you can post is fine.

Philosophía
I hope I'll have the time the weekend after this one. Talk to you before that.

Fiendish
Not sure if it's Top 10 but Gladiator fighting Thor in the time dilation in Fantastic Four #339 seemed impressive to me. Mister Fantastic stated that the time dilation caused the world to move at an "infinitesimal" rate relative to them.

i.imgur.com/g3xxpvB.jpg

So relative to Gladiator, Thor was moving the "opposite of infinitesimally" faster than normal and Gladiator still managed to blitz him.

i.imgur.com/MD584wx.jpg

Horrificus
Well, it might not be a "speed feat", technically, butValidus punched Superboy out of the Solar System in the blink of an eye.
So, I would imagine that means Superboy travelled a little over 2 lightyears in a couple seconds. Even though he didnt like it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.