Apocalypse (En Sabah Nur) vs Superman (New 52)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Interneton
Who wins?

Raisen
yeah. probably superman

deathslash
Apocalypse should win by power set alone, but he's always kind of failed at everything that he tries and outside of his highest showings, he's never done anything impressive. Superman beats him 8/10

Surtur
Originally posted by deathslash
Apocalypse should win by power set alone, but he's always kind of failed at everything that he tries and outside of his highest showings, he's never done anything impressive. Superman beats him 8/10

If you want to just argue power sets then it's hard to imagine what Apocalypse could do to negate the massive speed advantage Superman has. Apocalypse does have a few feats to suggest he could ignore a speed assault, but he's consistently not been someone who could just functionally ignore a bunch of Class 100 hits in a short period of time.

I mean he survived Black Bolts scream. On the other hand he's been hurt by far less force. Taken at face value the BB feat should mean 99.9% of the people who have ever done harm to Apocalypse just flat out shouldn't of been able to even scratch him.

riv6672
^^^Thats a huge schism.
Huge enough that going by an average of what i've personally read of his showings, and what i've occasionally seen posted, i'd have to go with Superman. DCnu Supes lacks many qualities, but raw power isnt one of them.

RadZoa
Originally posted by Surtur
If you want to just argue power sets then it's hard to imagine what Apocalypse could do to negate the massive speed advantage Superman has. Apocalypse does have a few feats to suggest he could ignore a speed assault, but he's consistently not been someone who could just functionally ignore a bunch of Class 100 hits in a short period of time.

I mean he survived Black Bolts scream. On the other hand he's been hurt by far less force. Taken at face value the BB feat should mean 99.9% of the people who have ever done harm to Apocalypse just flat out shouldn't of been able to even scratch him. Didn't he survive Black Bolts scream decades ago? I'm fairly positive that BB has had way better feats since then.

carver9
Apocalypse

Zack M
Superman.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by RadZoa
Didn't he survive Black Bolts scream decades ago? I'm fairly positive that BB has had way better feats since then. BB was breathing at him and Apoc was heavily amped.

That being said, this is no stomp by any means. Apoc is a tough cookie. Should be a good fight. Guy pretty much makes Hulk and Thor look like a disgrace in every showing in the various incarnations of their fights. Evanpocalypse I think one shotted the Hulk's Hulk much to Carver's dismay. Though attributing that to orig Apoc is a topic of discussion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.