Franchises that can use a reboot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
In the eighties or seventies some films were releases with little acclaim/ or were released before they could be appreciated. What are some films or ideas that never took off, that you think a modern audience could appreciate? Were they panned because of a weak script, or do you think their effects would benefit from modern CGI/graphics?

Impediment
The Punisher needs a reboot with a hard R rating and a script by Garth Ennis or Jason Aaron.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
The Punisher needs a reboot with a hard R rating and a script by Garth Ennis or Jason Aaron.

just watch the Netflix series big grin

since Cannon Films is back, the Ninja craze from the 80s, early 90s

currently though Batman v Superman laughing out loud

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Impediment

I've thought for a long time that someone like David Cronenberg would be awesome to do a Punisher movie. Probably never gonna happen, but you know, a guy can dream.

quanchi112
Stargate.

quanchi112
Flash Gordon.

Inhuman
MOS

Zack M
Hulk.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Inhuman
MOS thumb up

StealthRanger
Ghost Rider

Bentley
Originally posted by Inhuman
MOS

Kazenji
Besides the comic book movies

a Conan movie that doesn't suck.....excluding the 1982 movie of course.

queeq
Yeah, the last Conan was pretty bad. It's good source material to make a kick a$$ movie.

One I would like to see is Ahnold as the old Conan the Usurper... (the one we see in the beginning of the 1982 movie)... But we're need a good young Conan movie first.

Kazenji
I hear they are making a Conan movie with that idea for Arnold.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Kazenji
I hear they are making a Conan movie with that idea for Arnold.

That rumour's been going on for a couple of years now.
I hope it's true but he ain't getting any younger.

steverules_2
Well since he won't be playing a young Conan I guess that won't be much of a problem awesome

Bentley
A Conan movie would be pretty neat.

Kazenji
Highlander.

queeq
Originally posted by steverules_2
Well since he won't be playing a young Conan I guess that won't be much of a problem awesome

Exactly, that would be the point. Arnold as the old king Conan.

Maybe they can get old John Milius to come up with a new insane script. wink

Esau Cairn
Yeah but Arnold as an old king just screams cameo for him.

Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of Conan, read all the novels as a kid.

Esau Cairn
And no word also on The Crow franchise.

I love the Battle Star Galactica series.
Wouldn't mind a big screen revamp.

Kazenji
They've been trying to remake the first movie that was made

they choose an actor and then later on that actor leaves the project. Rinse and repeat, Also why does it have to be Eric Draven again

i've looked up the comics and there's been other people assuming the role of The Crow.

Esau Cairn
That's the thing with The Crow.
I like the premise but I also think it would be tacky to use it as a mythos for different characters to become The Crow.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

I love the Battle Star Galactica series.
Wouldn't mind a big screen revamp.

Battlestar Galactica, I believe has been rumored to get a big screen treatment...

as for The Crow, that's in developmental hell right now...

quanchi112
The original Crow was awesome everything else has been shit. I don't trust anyone to get it right again.

Robtard
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

Last I heard (2-3 months ago) the actor in the leading role 'Jack Houston' dropped out, making him the fourth person to drop out playing 'Eric Craven'. Film's still set to start filming in 2016, but with no new lead signed on, so who knows.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Ghost Rider

thumb up

I just watched those, well, the first one and half of the second. I enjoy the first one, a little cheesy though it is. Nich Cage's over-the-top portrayal is fun. The second one was god-awful, though.. I didn't finish it and not sure I want to... heh.

quanchi112
The second GRider was pure trash. What in the hell were they thinking.

marwash22
Originally posted by quanchi112
Stargate. thumb up

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
thumb up

I just watched those, well, the first one and half of the second. I enjoy the first one, a little cheesy though it is. Nich Cage's over-the-top portrayal is fun. The second one was god-awful, though.. I didn't finish it and not sure I want to... heh.

Did you ever see Drive Angry?
He was more Ghost Rider in that.

Kazenji
Agree with Ghost Rider is in need of a reboot, I loved the comics both runs with Johnny Blaze & Danny Ketch

if it happens it'll most likely be a Netflix movie.

jaden101
Hellraiser

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.