The General Vs Thanos slug fest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://media.comicbook.com/uploads1/2014/11/general-0041-112189.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.
No amps.

http://www.thedailycrate.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/dpthan2015002-hildebrandt-var-top-149397.jpg

DarkSaint85
When 'no amps', does this mean Thanos is at his original levels (i.e. before he was resurrected by Death')?

riv6672
How big a difference does that make?
I was basically just saying standard form(s), no gauntlets or weapons or mental attacks just fists.

krisblaze
Thanos is more durable, but the general is both stronger and heals faster.

I think the titan is in trouble smile

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by riv6672
How big a difference does that make?
I was basically just saying standard form(s), no gauntlets or weapons or mental attacks just fists.

With the resurrection, he is unkillable.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/27470/2352510-ti_4_headshot_cps_023___copy.jpg

He was recreating himself from a skeleton there.

riv6672
Isnt the General basically unkillable as well? If so, sounds fair.
If not, then pre-res.
Now come oooon, pick a winner, DS. stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
Ha. I reckon it will be a stalemate. Batman was blowing chunks off the General with his grenades, so his durability is below Thanos'.

On the other hand, I have seen Thanos KOed before - but not the General.

Delta1938
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Ha. I reckon it will be a stalemate. Batman was blowing chunks off the General with his grenades, so his durability is below Thanos'.

Later on, he was also no selling Astro-Force blasts.

riv6672
Good deal!
I was looking at your scan and thinking, well, unkillable obviously doesnt mean completely indestructible, or immune to pain. I started thinking stalemate also.
Thanks for your call on this.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Delta1938
Later on, he was also no selling Astro-Force blasts.

Due to his HF, yes. Superman was using HV to cut his limbs off. But his durability wasn't the major factor in no selling the Astro Force.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/119238/4829851-5953873521-41979.jpg

Delta1938
Due to his HF, yes. Superman was using HV to cut his limbs off. But his durability wasn't the major factor in no selling the Astro Force.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/119238/4829851-5953873521-41979.jpg

I know his heat vision was cutting, but I think it was just SUPERMAN did more damage.

Insane Titan

On the other hand, I have seen Thanos KOed before - but not the General. what instances of Thanos getting ko'd are you talking about?

riv6672
Interesting tangent, but we're tking blunt force trauma. Still this is great!

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

Zack M
General rips him apart.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zack M
General rips him apart. Based on ?

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on ?

Based on he is still Zack. Thanos keeps them up at night.

Glorificus
It might take a long time, but Thanos wins eventually.

riv6672
^^^the exact same was said about the General by another poster i know.
This seems competitive.

TheLordofMurder

The only instance I can recall Thanos being KO'ed was against The Maker and that was an energy attack...not a punch.

Besides, being KO'ed by a Cube Being is nothing to be ashamed of...

riv6672
^^^thats true.

basilisk
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
The only instance I can recall Thanos being KO'ed was against The Maker and that was an energy attack...not a punch.

Besides, being KO'ed by a Cube Being is nothing to be ashamed of... He was actually KO'd by a generic alien handblaster once... Then there was the Squirrel Girl incident.

As for the battle, it's probably going to be a stalemate with characters like these guys. Thanos may not be able to put down the General in a slugfest but I don't see that the General can win either - maybe if the battle goes on a very, very, very long time

ShadowFyre
Thanos will ragdoll him for etwrnity.

tkitna
Originally posted by basilisk
Then there was the Squirrel Girl incident.

High end feat for Thanos for even surviving the encounter.

riv6672
He was actually KO'd by a generic alien handblaster once... Then there was the Squirrel Girl incident.

As for the battle, it's probably going to be a stalemate with characters like these guys. Thanos may not be able to put down the General in a slugfest but I don't see that the General can win either - maybe if the battle goes on a very, very, very long time
This sounds right.

Genii96
Thanos wins,but take a while

h1a8
Not really, General will buy time healing up by getting hits on Thanos. This is either a stalemate or Thanos loses.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by h1a8
Not really, General will buy time healing up by getting hits on Thanos. This is either a stalemate or Thanos loses. you can't "buy time" in a slugfest.

h1a8
Originally posted by Insane Titan
you can't "buy time" in a slugfest. Why not

Insane Titan
Why not it's a all slugfest. And you act like Thanos won't press the attack.

h1a8
it's a all slugfest. And you act like Thanos won't press the attack. What if General presses it? But I see your point. Thanos could have him in a good combo and not let up to the point where General recovers fully. If that's the case then Thanos wins.

Insane Titan
What if General presses it? But I see your point. Thanos could have him in a good combo and not let up to the point where General recovers fully. If that's the case then Thanos wins. Thanos is a better fighter, so I doubt general will have a massive amount of time to heal

Diesldude
What if General presses it? But I see your point. Thanos could have him in a good combo and not let up to the point where General recovers fully. If that's the case then Thanos wins.

The General doesn't tire or lose energy so he can keep growing back until Thanos tires or runs out of energy.

DarkSaint85
Superman actually hit him so hard, he flew right through him (full power). Eiling just took it.

IOW, the more I look at it, Eiling's lesser durability is actually in his favour. He's not durable enough to tank Thanos' blows; but Thanos' fist would just punch through him.

And he'd survive it.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/1/13201/441247-generalvsjla1di5.jpg

leonidas
eventually thanos' fist would replicate amanda waller's bomb--ie--he'd likely rip right through general's skull and take him out by destroying his brain. thanos would take this eventually. i think supes could have done it too had he been willing to have been brutal enough.

riv6672
Originally posted by leonidas
eventually thanos' fist would replicate amanda waller's bomb--ie--he'd likely rip right through general's skull and take him out by destroying his brain. do you have a scan of that bomb scene (couldnt find it/fuzzy in the context)? Was it something she had implanted in him?
If so, Thanos isnt replicating that. Bombs and punches work in completely different ways.
At this point my question(s) are just out of curiosity, as someone who has both worked with explosives and been punched many times.

Estacado
eventually thanos' fist would replicate amanda waller's bomb--ie--he'd likely rip right through general's skull and take him out by destroying his brain. thanos would take this eventually. i think supes could have done it too had he been willing to have been brutal enough.
That's a clone brah...original body is in the phantom zone.

I love both it's a stalemate.

Eiling will mostly throw around Thanos since he is so huge he squashed Orion like a bug.

Still cant see them taking out each other.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Diesldude
The General doesn't tire or lose energy so he can keep growing back until Thanos tires or runs out of energy. Thanos has fought thousands of foes at a time and didn't tire. Iirc he stomped through millions of universal church of truth believers and didn't tire.

DarkSaint85
Thanos has fought thousands of foes at a time and didn't tire. Iirc he stomped through millions of universal church of truth believers and didn't tire.

thumb up

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/32605/1028491-thanos_cosmicpowers_1_thanos_03.jpg

Warmaker One shot him with a bullet designed to kill Superman; he just healed from that.

leonidas
Originally posted by Estacado
That's a clone brah...original body is in the phantom zone.

I love both it's a stalemate.

Eiling will mostly throw around Thanos since he is so huge he squashed Orion like a bug.

Still cant see them taking out each other.

the body that waller blew the brains out of was a clone? that's the first i've heard that. when'd that happen? where'd the clone body come from and are you sure it was supposed to be weaker?

as for the bullet meant to kill supes: was it fired into his brain? i can't remember the scene completely. regardless, if superman punched through him, thanos would be able to as well imo, and i could def see him grabbing the back of eiling's head and driving a fist through his skull to destroy his brain. that would be an def ko imo. eiling might heal from it, but he'd be out for a significant time--more than enough to give thanos a win. imho

Insane Titan
thumb up

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/32605/1028491-thanos_cosmicpowers_1_thanos_03.jpg

Warmaker One shot him with a bullet designed to kill Superman; he just healed from that. thumb up he also did the same thing against deaths hordes a couple of times.

Delta1938
as for the bullet meant to kill supes: was it fired into his brain? i can't remember the scene completely.

To me it seemed like it it was to the head, especially with Warmaker's shock that he was regenerating, but it wasn't exactly clear.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/glvsgeneral14.jpg

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/glvsgeneral15.jpg

riv6672
Cool scans! smile

leonidas
hmm, you think? i'd say it was def a body shot, even given where he appeared to me aiming. you'd think there would have been more purple goo on his head too, were that where it hit.....

like i said, i still think thanos is fully capable of going butcher and tearing into eiling's brain, and i'd say that would be enough to win the match.

Delta1938
hmm, you think? i'd say it was def a body shot, even given where he appeared to me aiming. you'd think there would have been more purple goo on his head too, were that where it hit.....

like i said, i still think thanos is fully capable of going butcher and tearing into eiling's brain, and i'd say that would be enough to win the match.

I actually thought he was laying back further. After enlarging the scan, it looks like his teeth are there, so eh. (shrugs shoulders). The arm doesn't look like it's in the right place for him to be sitting somewhat up, unless it was blown off.

leonidas
lol the discussions we have on this site..... anyway, moral of the story-i'm right. again. stick out tongue as an added bonus--you didn't have to redirect me to the OP! big grin

Rao Kal El
The general eventually

riv6672
lol the discussions we have on this site.....
Can get pretty interesting!

DTM
The General cannot be defeated in a slugfest, hes basically unbeatable against phyiscal attacks. If that is all Thanos can do here (due to the restrictions of the match), then in time, he will lose. Eiling was strong enough to use Superman as a club against the JLA, hes strong enough to eventually hurt, and then beat, Thanos phyiscally.

Delta1938
lol the discussions we have on this site..... anyway, moral of the story-i'm right. again. stick out tongue as an added bonus--you didn't have to redirect me to the OP! big grin

The fact that I've had to direct you to the OP/topic title so often means you should question ever having been right. shifty big grin

basilisk
Thanos has fought thousands of foes at a time and didn't tire. Iirc he stomped through millions of universal church of truth believers and didn't tire. In the battle against the 25000 black knights he did reach a point where he had to ration his energy blasting, and was finally forced to retreat from the battle entirely even with Warlock and the others fighting alongside him. In a pure slugfest he presumably wouldn't be expending energy as quickly as when blasting but it showed he had his limits, at least at that point. That was a while back in his career though.

riv6672
The fact that I've had to direct you to the OP/topic title so often means you should question ever having been right. shifty big grin
Could be worse. At another site someone pretended not to know what slug fest meant. stick out tongue

DarkSaint85

Considering BatGod's grenades blew his arm off, an atomic warhead, even miniature, should've vaporised his entire upper body. Whether it hit his shoulder or head....

Plus, he's got purple goo gushing out if his mouth. I reckon his head was blown.

However, in the preceding scan, when Superman and WW are going supersonic and punching him.....you can see him groggy and dazed.

So he can be KOed.

leonidas
thumb up

Insane Titan
In the battle against the 25000 black knights he did reach a point where he had to ration his energy blasting, and was finally forced to retreat from the battle entirely even with Warlock and the others fighting alongside him. In a pure slugfest he presumably wouldn't be expending energy as quickly as when blasting but it showed he had his limits, at least at that point. That was a while back in his career though. That fight was before death upgraded him too.

riv6672
Considering BatGod's grenades blew his arm off, an atomic warhead, even miniature, should've vaporised his entire upper body. Whether it hit his shoulder or head....

Plus, he's got purple goo gushing out if his mouth. I reckon his head was blown.

However, in the preceding scan, when Superman and WW are going supersonic and punching him.....you can see him groggy and dazed.

So he can be KOed.
If anything, we've established we do not want Batman throwing a grenade at us. eek!

celeyhyga17
Thanus

riv6672
I think after all's been said and done the pro General side made the better case. Thanks again folks.

Insane Titan
I think after all's been said and done the pro General side made the better case. Thanks again folks. Lol, baiting troll.

riv6672
I've had you on ignore for over a year now, i guess, but seeing as before that you treated every Thanos related thread as your personal battle ground (and responded within a minute of me to a thread that hadnt received a post in a day and a half) , i'm gonna have to go with ...agree to disagree with an lol emojie. laughing

Insane Titan
I've had you on ignore for over a year now, i guess, but seeing as before that you treated every Thanos related thread as your personal battle ground (and responded within a minute of me to a thread that hadnt received a post in a day and a half) , i'm gonna have to go with ...agree to disagree with an lol emojie. laughing who cares if you have. You're just making excuses again, you put everyone on ignore that calls you out on your bullshit.

If the thread hadn't been posted in for days why did you bother, also it wouldnt matter what argument or evidence the Thanos side had posted you would still say the same thing.

riv6672
I'll assume if you reply one more time, you agree with the majority that the General wins. thumb up

Insane Titan
I'll assume if you reply one more time, you agree with the majority that the General wins. thumb up pathetic troll response. You offer nothing ever in a debate. You can't even decide for yourself.

riv6672
So you agree! thumb up
Great to know you've matured and dont blindly just pick Thanos and assume anyone that does the opposite is a heathen.

Insane Titan
So you agree! thumb up
Great to know you've matured and dont blindly just pick Thanos and assume anyone that does the opposite is a heathen. seeing as most have said its a stalemate. All you've really done with this post is show how inept a poster you really are with the serious lack of knowledge of most things you pretend to know about.

quanchi112
Rage. Unbridled anger shows its face once again.

Insane Titan
Attention. I need it so badly i will respond to anything.

quanchi112
Calm down for your own health. Just a message board.

Insane Titan
I won't even make sense when I post, I just need you at any cost.

Stoic
This fight was tailored for the General to win. Thanos was stripped of all of his powers besides his strength and wits, while the General retains all of his powers.

riv6672
^^^Oooor, i put them on an even playing field.
Its being called a split, and when not the General's been given the nod. Somebody has to win.

Stoic
^^^Oooor, i put them on an even playing field.
Its being called a split, and when not the General's been given the nod. Somebody has to win.

It would have been even if the General didn't have a healing factor. This is an, I punch a hole in you, begin to walk away, only to hear you ask me if that's all I got match.

DarkSaint85
To me it seemed like it it was to the head, especially with Warmaker's shock that he was regenerating, but it wasn't exactly clear.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/glvsgeneral14.jpg

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/glvsgeneral15.jpg

Stoic, you say that, but the General CAN be KOed

quanchi112
It is all consuming and you've been fully engulfed. Oh noes!!!

Horrificus
Would THIS Thanos be physically similar, (strength-wise and durability-wise) to Thanos from when he was first collecting Infinity Gems? During the "quest"?

Just wondering.

Stoic
Stoic, you say that, but the General CAN be KOed

That scan shows that he can be stunned, but I never saw a knock out. You could be right, but I don't recall Eiling ever being knocked out.

Stoic
Originally posted by Horrificus
Would THIS Thanos be physically similar, (strength-wise and durability-wise) to Thanos from when he was first collecting Infinity Gems? During the "quest"?

Just wondering.

I was thinking that this was Thanos before he died the first time. The version that took on the Thing and Thor together.

Insane Titan
My obsession with you is that bad It even stems to your kids!!!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Stoic
That scan shows that he can be stunned, but I never saw a knock out. You could be right, but I don't recall Eiling ever being knocked out. Does that mean he can't be ko'd ?

Stoic
Does that mean he can't be ko'd ?

It doesn't but have you ever seen him put out before?

DarkSaint85
That scan shows that he can be stunned, but I never saw a knock out. You could be right, but I don't recall Eiling ever being knocked out.

Indeed, he can be stunned - so more power would KO him (he was pretty much dazed and senseless by supersonic hits).

quanchi112
It doesn't but have you ever seen him put out before? How many showings did he have ? How many fights has he been in ? If a UFC fighter fights three times and isn't ko'd can he be ko'd ?

quanchi112
Calm down or you'll have a heart attack. Have fun, anger boy.

Insane Titan
Im so ashamed of what I am but I can't help it.

Stoic
Indeed, he can be stunned - so more power would KO him (he was pretty much dazed and senseless by supersonic hits).

Would or should? The correct wording is should be knocked out. Since I never saw him in that state, there is a possibility that he would not be knocked out. This also depends on how much power we are talking about. Does this version of Thanos have the power to knock him out? That's all that I am saying here.

quanchi112
You seem like a candidate for self harm.

#genuinelyworried

Insane Titan
Yours is not the only one I obsess over

#tryingtoseemcoolbecauseimdesperate

DarkSaint85
Would or should? The correct wording is should be knocked out. Since I never saw him in that state, there is a possibility that he would not be knocked out. This also depends on how much power we are talking about. Does this version of Thanos have the power to knock him out? That's all that I am saying here.

'Should'? Well, for doubt to enter your mind, then there must be something that kicks in to protect Eiling from getting KOed, whether it be his HF, or something else.

Then you'd have to wonder why it didn't protect him from punches from Superman/WW.

I take your point on Thanos' power level. THAT is worth debating on. But I fully believe that Eiling CAN be KOed, as he has been shown to be dazed and confused, reeling punch drunk from Superman/WW.

quanchi112
Calm down I'll just Reread these pms from a sad fella.

#stillhaveyourpatheticpms

Insane Titan
Im just a fake and phoney coward who hides behind others
#yourfamilygetsmeoff

Stoic
'Should'? Well, for doubt to enter your mind, then there must be something that kicks in to protect Eiling from getting KOed, whether it be his HF, or something else.

Then you'd have to wonder why it didn't protect him from punches from Superman/WW.

I take your point on Thanos' power level. THAT is worth debating on. But I fully believe that Eiling CAN be KOed, as he has been shown to be dazed and confused, reeling punch drunk from Superman/WW.

Sorry got busy. Superman and Wonder Woman punched him in tandem, and yes it did daze him, but it didn't put him out. Those are two heavy hitters though. It's not as if he was hit by Aquaman and Nu Blue Beetle. I know that Thanos can lay down some heavy damage, but his best punches are usually laced with energy. For now I'm taking as neutral a stance and giving both the benefit of doubt. I see your point loud and clear because Thanos can hit extremely hard, and can take more than he gives if we consider his match with a doppelganger that was touted to be his physical superior. Not to mention taking Odin's hits which were easily capable of one shot dealing with the Surfer. If you believe that he could KO Eiling, I'll go with it, but I don't think that it would be a one shot.

Blue Area Vet
Let's stop this nonsense, Thanos would piss on the General's still beating heart.

quanchi112
Relax you're going to burst a blood vessel.

#reachingouttostrangersitswhatyoudo

quanchi112
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Let's stop this nonsense, Thanos would piss on the General's still beating heart. thumb up

riv6672
It would have been even if the General didn't have a healing factor.
Yeah thats straight up booty. stick out tongue
It was established thanks to DS on page one we were using a basically immortal Thanos. Neither character is really killable. Even.
If you dont like how the match breaks down because of that...msn-oh

Horrificus
Well, if this is virtually the same Thanos as we saw up until the Infinity Quest, I would look at how Thanos had to resort to trickery in order to obtain the Champion's power gem. He had no desire or ability to simply overpower the Champion, even though, up until destroying that planet, Champion's on-panel showings would never have placed him in a top- tier position.

Yet, Thanos, rather than simply defeating Champion and taking the gem, chose to go through an elaborate plan, which left Champion at his mercy through no force from Thanos.

My guess would be that Champion was too much for Thanos. And in my opinion the General would defeat any incarnation of Champion.

Just thinking out- loud.

riv6672
Thats pretty good. I hadnt thought of that in the way of reasoning.
I like that in a villain, though. Why fight when you can use chicanery? Doesnt really translate to battle threads, outside prep ones though.

Genii96
So general could handle champion+power gem?

Stoic
Originally posted by Genii96
So general could handle champion+power gem?

No.

Originally posted by Horrificus
Well, if this is virtually the same Thanos as we saw up until the Infinity Quest, I would look at how Thanos had to resort to trickery in order to obtain the Champion's power gem. He had no desire or ability to simply overpower the Champion, even though, up until destroying that planet, Champion's on-panel showings would never have placed him in a top- tier position.

Yet, Thanos, rather than simply defeating Champion and taking the gem, chose to go through an elaborate plan, which left Champion at his mercy through no force from Thanos.

My guess would be that Champion was too much for Thanos. And in my opinion the General would defeat any incarnation of Champion.

Just thinking out- loud.

I think that your perspective on things is slightly skewed. The Champion was going at it for some time against an alien army before Thanos actually arrived on scene. This gave him time to adjust to the Power Gem. Moreover, the Champion has been portrayed differently several times during his limited appearances. There are times that he has been shown to possess near mastery over the gem which was seen when he trained Titania, and times that he appeared to know very little about how to tap into the gems full potential, which never made much sense to me. I mean, how can you be in possession of the PG for hundreds if not thousands of years, and only be able to use it on the level that Thor was using it?

Even Thor in a mentally deranged state was able to threaten all of existence while in possession of the gem according to on panel citation. Thanos was facing a Champion that knew how to use the gem, but was simply outwitted by Thanos. The General would never be able to defeat the Champion that faced off against Thanos. Just take a step back and recall exactly what those shields of Thanos were able to protect him from. Galactus, and Omega. The Champion, was putting out quite a bit of power if you think about it when he made Thanos' shields buckle with punches.

riv6672
^^^good stuff, Stoic...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/DpOK4eaA1uI/hqdefault.jpg

Insane Titan
Problem is champion had far greater power reserve to call from compared to the General, so a comparison is pointless.

quanchi112
Thanos obviously toyed with Champion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.