Can Hyperion Lift 200 Quintillion Tons!!?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Based on his current Version

carver9
Easily.

ShadowFyre
Whats that? The weight of the earth? I imagine, he has already stopped a planet dead in its tracks traveling 500,000 mph. And held two planets apart for a few seconds. That should be a piece of cake just lifting it.

Galan007
It's several orders of magnitude less than earth-weight.

ShadowFyre
Why that number? It looks really familiar for some reason.

TethAdamTheRock
superman lifted it in his strength test, soo is hyperion equal to superman in strength?

Galan007
It's the weight All-Star Superman lifted:
http://i.imgur.com/l03Ux5pm.jpg

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
superman lifted it in his strength test, soo is hyperion equal to superman in strength?

That was 5.972 Sextillion tons Superman lifted in his test.

ShadowFyre
Ahh, thank you. I dont see any reason why not. And I dont even consider him stronger than Superman necessarilly. But I think he can.

Astner
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
That was 5.972 Sextillion tons Superman lifted in his test.
He benched that for five days straight without exposure to the sun and with only a drop of perspiration.

Yet for some reason we still get shit like this:

http://i.imgur.com/IjgECe5m.jpg

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Astner
He benched that for five days straight without exposure to the sun and with only a drop of perspiration.

Yet for some reason we still get shit like this:

http://i.imgur.com/IjgECe5m.jpg

I could be kind to the writers and say he was doing that face because he might've been trying to be so precise because that ship was full of passengers (that you see cheering in the following scan to that).

But I don't know if that is the case. Probably not. It is annoying though like you said. You think he'd be able to ping off into the air with a ship that weighed ten times that ship and still show no signs of straining.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Galan007
It's several orders of magnitude less than earth-weight. It's like large tectonic plate level

h1a8
Yes he can

quanchi112
Easily.

Horrificus
It's half the weight of my family jewels.
On panel, canon and stated by several writers.

ghostman
of course he can, thats not even planetary weight lmao

Blue Area Vet
Yes, but can we post battle threads?

Genii96
That's the mass of the moon iirc

Magnon
Lol, no he can't. Hyperion would get crushed like a bug under that weight.

Mindship
Originally posted by Galan007
It's the weight All-Star Superman lifted:
http://i.imgur.com/l03Ux5pm.jpg I still want to know what that floor is made of.

Bentley
Originally posted by Mindship
I still want to know what that floor is made of.

More Supermen.

Sin I AM
Never understood why people put so much stock in scenes like that. It's a feat for "feats sake". Thats not his average and honestly it takes away from the character.

D-Block
with ease

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by psycho gundam
It's like large tectonic plate level So can WBH lift that with his steps?

carver9
So can WBH lift that with his steps?

An weakened Savage Hulk did far better.

TethAdamTheRock
How

carver9
How

Shifting the tectonic plates of an entire planet.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

"Id"
So can WBH lift that with his steps?

Yes

He hooks two planetoids on each end of the his barbell and squats tens of sextillions worth of weight.

carver9
How

Remember, an Abstract of Abstracts said Hulk power is infinite. He has no limits. He is the epitome of power.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111137054/3953584-2713687-2396928_1862100_beyonder_scan_hulk_super.png

TethAdamTheRock
damn

Horrificus
It's made out of "Hulk Pants".

DarkSaint85
thumb up Carver will never lead you astray when it comes to Hulk.

carver9
thumb up tell him Dark. When it comes to Hulk, I'm always here just like you're there for your fave, Superman.

DarkSaint85
Superman is my fav?

Proof?

After all, I'm not the one who placed him on Skyfather levels (hint: it was you).

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by carver9
Remember, an Abstract of Abstracts said Hulk power is infinite. He has no limits. He is the epitome of power.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111137054/3953584-2713687-2396928_1862100_beyonder_scan_hulk_super.png

Even by your standards, that is among the most idiotic arguments I have come across.

There is better evidence but you actually have to use an idiotic argument.

Plus you stick your foot in your mouth as that scan is probably 30 years old and you say what about old scans or things before Pak? That was before Pak so it doesn't count?

psycho gundam
I still want to know what that floor is made of. The machine was pushed off of the ground and the screws tore up some of it from the force, so technically (this is completely sound logic, btw) you have to consider how that weight machine thing is acting like a "simple machine" like for example a crowbar/bottle opener/etc. The strength of Superman is magnified by the simple machine action which tore the floor up and not his own feet pushing down.

The floor is hard AF

Magnon

Superman's bio-aura is protecting the floor. The same thing that prevents ships and mountains and planets etc. from crumbling under their own weight when Superman is lifting or moving them.

carver9
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Even by your standards, that is among the most idiotic arguments I have come across.

There is better evidence but you actually have to use an idiotic argument.

Plus you stick your foot in your mouth as that scan is probably 30 years old and you say what about old scans or things before Pak? That was before Pak so it doesn't count?

What do I say about old scans?

Stoic
Originally posted by Magnon
Superman's bio-aura is protecting the floor. The same thing that prevents ships and mountains and planets etc. from crumbling under their own weight when Superman is lifting or moving them.

Is that still how things work with Superman? I thought that they changed it a little? I recall a time when they stated that he did not lift all of the weight while in flight but that it was his ability to manipulate gravity or something like that. Then I heard that they changed that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.