A JLA type team in Marvel U

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
If you were asked to pkace a JLA style team in the Marvel U who would you pick as the members of that team useing only Marvel characters?

1. Replace Batman
2. Replace Superman
3. Replace G.L Hal
4. Replace Wonder Woman
5. Replace M.Manhunter
6. Replace Flash
7. Replace Cyborg
8. Replace Aquaman

Keep in mind that when you replace a member of the JLA plz replace them with someone in the same class as who you are replacing them with.. For example when you replace Superman who is high herald, replace hime with a Marvel high hearld as well.

carver9
1. Replace Batman - Captain America
2. Replace Superman - Hyperion
3. Replace G.L Hal - Quasar
4. Replace Wonder Woman - Thor
5. Replace M.Manhunter - mimic
6. Replace Flash - Photon
7. Replace Cyborg - Ironman
8. Replace Aquaman - Namor

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by carver9
1. Replace Batman - Captain America
4. Replace Wonder Woman - Thor
5. Replace M.Manhunter - mimic
6. Replace Flash - Photon
7. Replace Cyborg - Ironman

He said same class, Carver. Cap >>>> Batman

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
He said same class, Carver. Cap >>>> Batman

Physically and leadership(maybe).. Bruce is smarter, richer, tech that would give him the edge in a fight...

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Physically and leadership(maybe).. Bruce is smarter, richer, tech that would give him the edge in a fight...

Hell no, Cap is a level above as a character. Batman has an endless supply of bullshit gadgets that no human could carry. Cap could easily kill Batman with a punch. He's a better leader, field tactician, FAR more durable, stronger, faster, quicker and flat out better. Then there is the shield which is not only a defense weapon, not only a melee weapon, but he is the master of wielding it. Batman has never dealt with anything like it.

Anyway, Mex, what is the bigger factor you are looking for, similar power level, personality, skill set, etc?

Supermex
Hell no, Cap is a level above as a character. Batman has an endless supply of bullshit gadgets that no human could carry. Cap could easily kill Batman with a punch. He's a better leader, field tactician, FAR more durable, stronger, faster, quicker and flat out better. Then there is the shield which is not only a defense weapon, not only a melee weapon, but he is the master of wielding it. Batman has never dealt with anything like it.

Anyway, Mex, what is the bigger factor you are looking for, similar power level, personality, skill set, etc?

Power level

riv6672
The power levels arent going to synch up the way you're asking; you're looking at an over/under scenario.
Having said that:

1. Replace Batman - Reed Richards (brains, not a lot of personal power, but able to be stealthy)
2. Replace Superman - Blue Marvel (trust worthy leader, with a comparable power set)
3. Replace G.L Hal - Iron Man (hot shot with great flight/defense/offense)
4. Replace Wonder Woman - Thor (magical powerhouse, right below BM)
5. Replace M.Manhunter - the Vision (alienesque, with comparable power set more or less)
6. Replace Flash - Photon (pretty much MUs best speedster)
7. Replace Cyborg - Machine Man (a different type of man and yech combo)
8. Replace Aquaman - Namor (pretty much MUs main water based hero)

Thats what i've got for you. Iron Man and Vision often pair up with GL and MM in cross over art, which influenced me i'll admit.

Stoic
1. Replace Batman - Black Panther
2. Replace Superman - Blue Marvel
4. Replace Wonder Woman - Angela
5. Replace M.Manhunter - Vision
6. Replace Flash - Makkari
7. Replace Cyborg - Iron Man

spetznaz
Originally posted by Stoic
4. Replace Wonder Woman - Angela
6. Replace Flash - Makkari

Good list, and good call on T'Challa as Bruce's replacement. Batman's position on the JLA is not about his fighting skills, or bat gadgets, or his physical skills. It's not even about his tactical abilities (Martian Manhunter has better tactical abilities). Bruce's value, specifically on the JLA, is his strategic abilities. He has plans and contigencies for numerous situations - strategic situations. There are many Marvel replacements that can step in for Batman in various areas - Captain America, for example, can match (or even beat) Batman in areas lime fighting ability and tactical/team leadership. However, when it comes to strategic thought, which is Bruce's real value in the JLA (Bruce's fighting ability means nothing among gods and goddesses, and his tactical ability means nothing among a telepathic tactical genius), the Marvel equivalents would be Reed and T'Challa.

Of the two, Black Panther is the closest as he has other attributes.

Good list.

riv6672
Nice Stoic list.
Good speedster pick, for an actual runner. thumb up

ghostman
Originally posted by riv6672
The power levels arent going to synch up the way you're asking; you're looking at an over/under scenario.
Having said that:

1. Replace Batman - Reed Richards (brains, not a lot of personal power, but able to be stealthy)
2. Replace Superman - Blue Marvel (trust worthy leader, with a comparable power set)
5. Replace M.Manhunter - the Vision (alienesque, with comparable power set more or less)

Thats what i've got for you. Iron Man and Vision often pair up with GL and MM in cross over art, which influenced me i'll admit.

excellent, i agree with all of this except id replace iron man with quasar, and machine man with iron man.

riv6672
^^^Yeah, those were A) too easy, and 2) already used.
I tried to not just repeat Carver's list, and still wound up using 3 of the same picks (for the same DCers), as they were pretty spot on.

Prof. T.C McAbe
1. Replace Batman, Moon Knight
2. Replace Superman, Hyperion Now
3. Replace G.L Hal, Quasar
4. Replace Wonder Woman, Whor
5. Replace M.Manhunter, Exodus
6. Replace Flash, Buried Alien
7. Replace Cyborg, Iron Man
8. Replace Aquaman, Namor

Stoic
Originally posted by spetznaz
Good list, and good call on T'Challa as Bruce's replacement. Batman's position on the JLA is not about his fighting skills, or bat gadgets, or his physical skills. It's not even about his tactical abilities (Martian Manhunter has better tactical abilities). Bruce's value, specifically on the JLA, is his strategic abilities. He has plans and contigencies for numerous situations - strategic situations. There are many Marvel replacements that can step in for Batman in various areas - Captain America, for example, can match (or even beat) Batman in areas lime fighting ability and tactical/team leadership. However, when it comes to strategic thought, which is Bruce's real value in the JLA (Bruce's fighting ability means nothing among gods and goddesses, and his tactical ability means nothing among a telepathic tactical genius), the Marvel equivalents would be Reed and T'Challa.

Of the two, Black Panther is the closest as he has other attributes.

Good list.

I know. Bruce is one of the most interesting characters in comic books today. I truly believe that T'Challa is his alternate universe twin. Not in every way due to different experiences growing up, but thy are both royalty in terms of social status. They're tech guru's. Reed didn't seem to fit because he's over the top like Vril Dox when it comes to slick moves Black panther and Batman have it over them in aces. The only other Marvel character aside from T'Challa that comes close to Bruce is Tony, but he's a distant 2nd.

Blue Marvel and Superman, would likely be best friends. Hyperion is a carbon copy of Superman, but he doesn't have his mind set. Hyperion is more like Valor, and Gladiator is more like an angry Mon El.

^^^Yeah, those were A) too easy, and 2) already used.
I tried to not just repeat Carver's list, and still wound up using 3 of the same picks (for the same DCers), as they were pretty spot on.

I don't necessarily think that my picks are more powerful than the DC side, but if both sides met in a story, I'd no doubt believe that they would feel as if they were looking in a slightly skewed mirror. Besides I took some of your picks, Carver's picks and added my own.

DarkSaint85
Stoic's is the best, but I would add Thor instead of Angela, just for sales/popularity.

There, mine is now the best.

riv6672
I know. Bruce is one of the most interesting characters in comic books today. I truly believe that T'Challa is his alternate universe twin. Not in every way due to different experiences growing up, but thy are both royalty in terms of social status. They're tech guru's. Reed didn't seem to fit because he's over the top like Vril Dox when it comes to slick moves Black panther and Batman have it over them in aces. The only other Marvel character aside from T'Challa that comes close to Bruce is Tony, but he's a distant 2nd.

Blue Marvel and Superman, would likely be best friends. Hyperion is a carbon copy of Superman, but he doesn't have his mind set. Hyperion is more like Valor, and Gladiator is more like an angry Mon El.

I don't necessarily think that my picks are more powerful than the DC side, but if both sides met in a story, I'd no doubt believe that they would feel as if they were looking in a slightly skewed mirror. Besides I took some of your picks, Carver's picks and added my own.
I enjoyed reading the logic behind your picks! thumb up

Blue Area Vet
Having said that:

Her name is Spectrum

Blue Area Vet

The problem is the OP confirmed power level is the biggest consideration. If not for that, I'd have said T'Challa as well.

riv6672
I can never recall. thumb up
I like her as my speedster though, as with all of Flash's speed force shenanigans, her flight/other powers make her more diverse.

Blue Area Vet

Wait a second, you said Bruce is RICHER? laughing out loud Stop it.

tkitna
1. Replace Batman -Nighthawk
4. Replace Wonder Woman - Valkyrie
6. Replace Flash - Speed Demon

Blue Area Vet
1. Replace Batman- Night Thrasher (parents killed, no powers, good equipment)
2. Replace Superman- Blue Marvel (powerful, even keeled)
3. Replace G.L Hal- Nova Prime (Mirrors GL membership)
4. Replace Wonder Woman- Angela (Warrior princess type)
5. Replace M.Manhunter- Vision (alienation)
6. Replace Flash- Makkari (True speedster capable of achieve Flash levels by running, more soldier than leader)
7. Replace Cyborg- Ironman (especially similar with recent changes to both characters)
8. Replace Aquaman- Namor (self explanatory)

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by tkitna
1. Replace Batman -Nighthawk
4. Replace Wonder Woman - Valkyrie
6. Replace Flash - Speed Demon

That's sort of cheating IMO, Nighthawk was based on a Batman archtype

riv6672
The problem is the OP confirmed power level is the biggest consideration. yeah thats not going to happen. One, its not practical, and teo, people wont agree.
I'm surprised no one's been in freaking over the Superman picks yet.

Supermex
My picks

4. Replace Wondy - Capt.Marvel
5. Replace M.Manhunter - Silver Surfer
6. Replace Flash - Spectrum

^^^^
Damn Marvel!!

Publish that shit!!

spetznaz
1. Replace Batman- Night Thrasher (parents killed, no powers, good equipment)
2. Replace Superman- Blue Marvel (powerful, even keeled)
3. Replace G.L Hal- Nova Prime (Mirrors GL membership)
4. Replace Wonder Woman- Angela (Warrior princess type)
5. Replace M.Manhunter- Vision (alienation)
6. Replace Flash- Makkari (True speedster capable of achieve Flash levels by running, more soldier than leader)
7. Replace Cyborg- Ironman (especially similar with recent changes to both characters)
8. Replace Aquaman- Namor (self explanatory)

Good list bro, with only one point I have to make. Again, on Bruce. If it was 'a replacement for Batman', then people like Night Thrasher / Moon Knight / Captain America and most of the other picks made would work. Yes, I'm sure some may seem 'weaker' and others 'stronger,' but they could fill the niche Batman fills in Gotham (for example).

However, it is about 'replacement for Batman on a JLA-esque team.'

That's a major factor as Bruce's role on the team is not for (a) fighting skills, (b) equipment, (c) or his tactical skills even. Definitely not because he's scary (there are people on the JLA if, with a good writer, would be shown to be the real scary monsters they are - I fully understand why Lex hates/fears Superman, and someone like Manhunter would be a night terror).

Bruce's role is simply strategy. That's the only reason he's in the JLA. His fighting skills are useless when compared against gods, his equipment is silly contrasted against what a GL could do, and MM is the tactical lead for several JLA iterations.

Bruce's role is strategy, as is best seen in the Obsidian Age arc, where his mind was not only the thing that saved the team, but was the most powerful thing at play.

Based on that, on a JLA team the best person to replace him would be Black Panther. Not because they both look foreboding, or can fight, or have money - but because T'Challa has similar strategic abilities. For the same reason, someone like Reed is a better Batman analogue (in the JLA) than someone like Night Thrasher or Moon Knight.

After all, the JLA don't need someone who's only ability is fighting (even Wonder Woman covers the 'fighter' bit far better than any human could).

It's about strategic mindset, and that's something Cap (a tactical genius), Moon Knight (a close copy, even to the 'batarangs' and 'batwing'), or Nighthrasher (similar genesis) don't have, yet that is the ONLY reason Batman has the respect he has amongst the various gods and goddesses (and monsters) in the JLA.

His fighting skills, tactical leadership, money, equipment, etc is all laughable to the JLA. Goodness, even his genesis story is nothing to the likes of Superman and MM (who both lost their entire races). Only his mind keeps him in the JLA, and any replacement who doesn't have strategic intelligence would quickly be found useless.

Absolutely useless.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by spetznaz
Good list bro, with only one point I have to make. Again, on Bruce. If it was 'a replacement for Batman', then people like Night Thrasher / Moon Knight / Captain America and most of the other picks made would work. Yes, I'm sure some may seem 'weaker' and others 'stronger,' but they could fill the niche Batman fills in Gotham (for example).

However, it is about 'replacement for Batman on a JLA-esque team.'

That's a major factor as Bruce's role on the team is not for (a) fighting skills, (b) equipment, (c) or his tactical skills even. Definitely not because he's scary (there are people on the JLA if, with a good writer, would be shown to be the real scary monsters they are - I fully understand why Lex hates/fears Superman, and someone like Manhunter would be a night terror).

Bruce's role is simply strategy. That's the only reason he's in the JLA. His fighting skills are useless when compared against gods, his equipment is silly contrasted against what a GL could do, and MM is the tactical lead for several JLA iterations.

Bruce's role is strategy, as is best seen in the Obsidian Age arc, where his mind was not only the thing that saved the team, but was the most powerful thing at play.

Based on that, on a JLA team the best person to replace him would be Black Panther. Not because they both look foreboding, or can fight, or have money - but because T'Challa has similar strategic abilities. For the same reason, someone like Reed is a better Batman analogue (in the JLA) than someone like Night Thrasher or Moon Knight.

After all, the JLA don't need someone who's only ability is fighting (even Wonder Woman covers the 'fighter' bit far better than any human could).

It's about strategic mindset, and that's something Cap (a tactical genius), Moon Knight (a close copy, even to the 'batarangs' and 'batwing'), or Nighthrasher (similar genesis) don't have, yet that is the ONLY reason Batman has the respect he has amongst the various gods and goddesses (and monsters) in the JLA.

His fighting skills, tactical leadership, money, equipment, etc is all laughable to the JLA. Goodness, even his genesis story is nothing to the likes of Superman and MM (who both lost their entire races). Only his mind keeps him in the JLA, and any replacement who doesn't have strategic intelligence would quickly be found useless.

Absolutely useless.

Good point and I said my choice would have been BP prior to the OP saying he wanted power level to be the biggest factor.

tkitna
That's sort of cheating IMO, Nighthawk was based on a Batman archtype

Hey, nobody laid down any rules. laughing

riv6672
If you arent cheating you arent trying. thumb up

lawest9
Physically and leadership(maybe).. Bruce is smarter, richer, tech that would give him the edge in a fight... Physically is a possibility but not guaranteed thing either.

riv6672
I dont think Bruce has it physically.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.