Can silver surfer replicate these powers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Magnetic manipulation: Magneto?

Ice powers: Ice Man?

Body manipulation ex turning body parts into guns machines / cyborg apocolopse the high evolutionary

kill dr manhatten?

turn into animals like beast boy?

Surtur
I would think magnetic and elemental manipulation would definitely be within his capabilities. He doesn't have technology inside him so I don't know about turning body parts into machines, but I could see him being able to reshape parts of his body into weapons. Like making his hand like a blade like the liquid Terminator.

Killing doc, he could easily explode him. Permanently killing him I don't know, but he has all sorts of weird powers. I think I've seen him speed up the evolution of planets and crazy stuff like that. So he might have a non-destructive way of permanently dealing with him.

Turning into animals I don't know, he can transmute so I guess it might be possible for him to turn that power on himself. Like I said he can do all sorts of strange things.

TethAdamTheRock
ok

Surtur
There are a couple of Silver Surfer respect threads floating around that tell all the crazy things he can do.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t459252.html

To be fair a lot of the scans do not work, but they still have descriptions.

TethAdamTheRock
Thanks

ghostman
im not sure if hes used magnetism before but

hes turned himself into snow so that should cover both the ice and body manipulation thing,

and he would rape manhattan to oblivion, he can tether his soul to a fish or another planet , mind rape him, trap him in his board, open a black hole in his body, or jusst drain is ass dry.

One-Punch
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
According to Surfer, heralds can manipulate "space, time, and electromagnetic energy" so probably:
http://i.imgur.com/558nWIm.jpg

Surfer has transformed himself into the "falling snow, air, the cold..." so probably in some form.
http://i.imgur.com/QFpPQQk.jpg

Never seen him turn himself into a machine.

Depends, how do you kill Dr. Manhattan permanently? Energy dispersion wouldn't work.

Probably. He's shape-shifted before, e.g., he changed his form into a weird alien creature here:
http://i.imgur.com/YiAzez5.jpg

And disguise himself as other people:
http://i.imgur.com/OnkaJFn.jpg

TethAdamTheRock
Ok.

TethAdamTheRock
Thanks

Magnon
Nah, Surfer cannot match Bobby or Magneto in their respective fields, assuming the mutants are at their best. Furthermore, Dr. Manhattan would crush him like a bug. But, speaking of bugs, Surfer MIGHT be able to shape-shift into one if he really tried.

KingD19
Manhattan wishes he was as powerful as Norrin.

h1a8
Originally posted by ghostman
im not sure if hes used magnetism before but

hes turned himself into snow so that should cover both the ice and body manipulation thing,

and he would rape manhattan to oblivion, he can tether his soul to a fish or another planet , mind rape him, trap him in his board, open a black hole in his body, or jusst drain is ass dry.

Dr. M doesn't have a soul. There is no God in the watchmen universe. If there were then you have to prove that animals have souls and that he created souls and when (since humans evolved from apes and other animals) .
So that means that he can't mind rape him either. He can't trap him since M can teleport or become intangible. He cant black hole him since, again, M can teleport or become intangible. He can't drain him either since M can teleport or become intangible, drain Surfer, multiply himself a bunch of times, grow very large, etc.

Dr. M can simply teleport Surfer head off. Or transmute Surfer to be a normal human.

TethAdamTheRock
Has sufer ever shown he can affect anything magneticly?

who said he could do these things anyway? or is it because stupid writers never put these into comics?

Surtur
Originally posted by h1a8
Dr. M doesn't have a soul. There is no God in the watchmen universe. If there were then you have to prove that animals have souls and that he created souls and when (since humans evolved from apes and other animals) .
So that means that he can't mind rape him either.

What the f*ck are you talking about? Please explain to me your logic for each crazy thing you just said:

-I don't recall any talk of whether or not he had a soul, but it has been a long time
-Your thing about God just plain makes no sense at all
-What does not having a soul or there being no god have to do with mental defenses?

Did I just block out these parts? Maybe it has been way too long.

Oh so we've seen Manhattan teleport around Earth and to Mars, but that doesn't actually mean he can teleport from outside a black hole. I'm not sure why you'd think it would. Next you'll say he can come back from a dimension dump too because teleportation.

I'd love to know when Manhattan showed speed enough that he could teleport or do anything before Surfer has activated any type of power. Actual feats too, not nonsense and not things the guy claimed he could do, stuff he actually did.

You know since the guy was really the only super powered being in the universe I'm struggling to remember when he showed he was capable of draining cosmic power from cosmically powered individuals.

Well shit don't grow large!

When did he selectively teleport parts of peoples bodies? Oh and now he can render Surfer powerless?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by h1a8
So that means that he can't mind rape him either. He can't trap him since M can teleport or become intangible. He cant black hole him since, again, M can teleport or become intangible. He can't drain him either since M can teleport or become intangible, drain Surfer, multiply himself a bunch of times, grow very large, etc.

Dr. M can simply teleport Surfer head off. Or transmute Surfer to be a normal human.

This...

Entire post is wrong

riv6672
You had me worried for a second there with the dramatic pause.
Yeah, all kinds of odd conjecture in that post.

Sin I AM
H1 has been singing that manhattan tune for awhile. There are low heralds that have better feats..

h1a8
Originally posted by Surtur
What the f*ck are you talking about? Please explain to me your logic for each crazy thing you just said:

-I don't recall any talk of whether or not he had a soul, but it has been a long time
-Your thing about God just plain makes no sense at all
-What does not having a soul or there being no god have to do with mental defenses?

Did I just block out these parts? Maybe it has been way too long.
The mind is from the soul. Otherwise, we are merely talking about matter manipulation. In other words, Surfer either TP due to affecting the soul or he affects the matter. If the latter then Mjolnir has control over his being. He can duplicate himself many times. And also we don't know what offensive capabilities Surfer has with tp. Can he mind wipe? Gravity doesn't affect teleportation. Teleportation is disappearing and reappearing somewhere else. It has to be dimensional travel. Otherwise how would you explain the transportation? We go by writer's intentions. If M said he DID something (not that he can do something) then it is true. The writer has full license.

He has the ability to drain outside energy so it's possible he can drain Surfer or simply transmute Surfer into a human. After all, he too can control matter on a subatomic level. He has control to what he teleports and what he doesn't. He can choose only Surfer's head. He can transmute Surfer into a human since Surfer is made of matter.

At best, Dr. M is as powerful as the writer's intended him to be. At the end of Watchmen he was supposed to have became God (the beginning stages).

DarkSaint85
He didn't become God.

A god, perhaps, but not God.

Raisen
Surtur, h1 has schizophrenia. Take it easy

Surtur
I think he made probably the best post ever. We need a "Hall of Fame" section.

Raisen
Originally posted by Surtur
I think he made probably the best post ever. We need a "Hall of Fame" section.

Abhi would be in there too.
But h1 exhibits shizophrenic tendencies

abhilegend

Ice powers: Ice Man?

Body manipulation ex turning body parts into guns machines / cyborg apocolopse the high evolutionary

kill dr manhatten?

turn into animals like beast boy?
No to all of these. Originally posted by One-Punch
According to Surfer, heralds can manipulate "space, time, and electromagnetic energy" so probably:
http://i.imgur.com/558nWIm.jpg

Surfer has transformed himself into the "falling snow, air, the cold..." so probably in some form.
http://i.imgur.com/QFpPQQk.jpg

Never seen him turn himself into a machine.

Depends, how do you kill Dr. Manhattan permanently? Energy dispersion wouldn't work.

Probably. He's shape-shifted before, e.g., he changed his form into a weird alien creature here:
http://i.imgur.com/YiAzez5.jpg

And disguise himself as other people:
http://i.imgur.com/OnkaJFn.jpg
You know Dr. Strange reversed time so the events of that Defenders series are non canon, right?

Raisen
Originally posted by abhilegend
No to all of these.
You know Dr. Strange reversed time so the events of that Defenders series are non canon, right?

Oh here it is

Fiendish
AFAIK Surfer's never done this. However Surfer has shown the ability to create and manipulate electromagnetic energy in various forms, so it's not a stretch to imagine he could.

Again AFAIK Surfer has never done this either but Doctor Doom with Surfer's powers actually has, so Surfer most likely "can".

No real evidence to confidently suggest he could do this.

Surfer's shown the capacity to attack an opponent's "soul" with his astral form, so assuming that works, possibly.

Surfer's demonstrated the capacity for shape shifting, so probably.

ShadowFyre
Lol Manhattan is a Surfer lite. He would be a Buisch League Herald

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.