Batman vs Captain America with a twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Bruce as you should all know trained his physical body to perfection over a period of years from a young boy on up along with special dieting, however what if he too was given the super soilder serum to go along with all that training and many different forms of fighting arts. Would he have an edge then over a scrawny runt who received his physicality through the serum only with some training? They meet on a roof top with all bet's off, who wins?

lawest9
Btw........this is strictly H2H, no shields and gadgets.

lawest9
Bump.

Stoic
Assuming that the serum doesn't kill Bruce, I would suspect that he would be a far superior specimen than Steve was. If so he would be faster, stronger, and as good or a better fighter. He should win with minimum - moderate effort.

spetznaz
Originally posted by lawest9
Bruce as you should all know trained his physical body to perfection over a period of years from a young boy on up along with special dieting, however what if he too was given the super soilder serum to go along with all that training and many different forms of fighting arts. Would he have an edge then over a scrawny runt who received his physicality through the serum only with some training? They meet on a roof top with all bet's off, who wins?

They'd still be about equal physically. Why? Because the SSS takes someone to peak human (obviously in comics 'peak human' is far more than peak human, but that's another discussion). Both of them would be peak human. The only difference is that the SSS had to do a LOT (exponentially) more work taking Steve from scrawny to super, and for Bruce Wayne the distance to travel would be a LOT (significantly) less as he's already, more or less, 'peak human.'

In many ways, the only advantage would be that he'd be able to go on for longer without getting tired (and even that is not that much considering in the events leading to Knight Fall he was fighting nonstop for days on end before the fatigue started catching up to him in a way that enabled Bane, who's not a nobody, to get the better of him). Or how, in another arc I cannot recall right now, he was so stretched he even had a 'sub-personality' to take over when his main psyche was under attack, or when he used thogal to fake his own death.

In a nutshell, the SSS would simply make Bruce and Steve at the same exact level, since it makes those who take it (and survive, or even find it as it's apparently hard to replicate) peak humans.

It's just that in Steve's case the SSS took a junk (lemon) Honda Civic and turned it into the (fastest) Bugatti Veyron (ever made), while in Bruce's case the SSS took a brand new (fastest) Lamborghini Aventador (ever made) and turned it into the (fastest) Bugatti Veyron (ever made).

It's the improvement made that would be the main difference. Steve was taken through a much longer improvement curve, while Bruce would definitely undergo a much smaller improvement.

RadZoa
It depends on weather or not the serum would multiply someone's base stats or if it would elevate someone to a certain set base stats like Caps.

Surtur
Originally posted by RadZoa
It depends on weather or not the serum would multiply someone's base stats or if it would elevate someone to a certain set base stats like Caps.

Yep, since Batman without the serum is vastly more powerful physically then Cap was without the serum.

lawest9
Originally posted by Surtur
Yep, since Batman without the serum is vastly more powerful physically then Cap was without the serum. And this is the appreciation that I have for Bruce when people insist that Cap is superior it batman. Like Stark told Steve in the first avengers movie..............everything special about you came out a bottle....that was a funjy scene to me with all of them arguing with one another.

lawest9
Accuse the typo's in my post please.

spetznaz
Originally posted by RadZoa

I've always assumed that the SSS took someone's stats to the peak of human potential.* Thus, in my opinion, it wouldn't boost Bruce as much as it boosted Steve since Bruce's physical abilities are basically already peak human. The SSS would only enhance things like absolute top fatigue resistance and such, but featwise, changes wouldn't be immediately (or easily) observable.

If the SSS is, as I literally take it, simply something that makes someone peak human, then the stats of Cap and SSS-enhanced Bruce would be equal.

In the same way giving the SSS to someone like Spiderman or Superman wouldn't do squat to them, since they're already vastly beyond 'peak human*' (even comics 'peak human').

*Again, peak human in comics is a joke.

riv6672
^^^your theory is my theory, i was honestly too lazy to write it out though.

lawest9
🎃😘😄🏉😤🏈♣♦

quanchi112
Bruce as you should all know trained his physical body to perfection over a period of years from a young boy on up along with special dieting, however what if he too was given the super soilder serum to go along with all that training and many different forms of fighting arts. Would he have an edge then over a scrawny runt who received his physicality through the serum only with some training? They meet on a roof top with all bet's off, who wins? Cap wins.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Stoic
Assuming that the serum doesn't kill Bruce, I would suspect that he would be a far superior specimen than Steve was. If so he would be faster, stronger, and as good or a better fighter. He should win with minimum - moderate effort.

Stoic, why feed the troll?

Blue Area Vet
Accuse the typo's in my post please.

Cap will **** up any form of Batman across space, time and dimensions including the one spawn by your fanboy brain.

lawest9
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Cap will **** up any form of Batman across space, time and dimensions including the one spawn by your fanboy brain. 👎

JayDaDon
And this is the appreciation that I have for Bruce when people insist that Cap is superior it batman. Like Stark told Steve in the first avengers movie..............everything special about you came out a bottle....that was a funjy scene to me with all of them arguing with one another.

You get that the serum didnt automatically make him the greatest soldier in history right? That he actually had to do some training and studying to be the best soldier....EVER?

lawest9
Originally posted by JayDaDon
You get that the serum didnt automatically make him the greatest soldier in history right? That he actually had to do some training and studying to be the best soldier....EVER? I got many years ago that he had to do some training. But Bruce still dod his worhout any SSS.

JayDaDon
Yeah and never forget that money is the lifeblood of Bruce's achievements. Steve was a sickly poverty stricken kid in depression era brooklyn who probably wouldn't have made it out of his 20's without the serum. If steve had a billion dollars to invest in himself maybe things would be different, but their circumstances starting out were nothing close to the same.

lawest9
Yeah and never forget that money is the lifeblood of Bruce's achievements. Steve was a sickly poverty stricken kid in depression era brooklyn who probably wouldn't have made it out of his 20's without the serum. If steve had a billion dollars to invest in himself maybe things would be different, but their circumstances starting out were nothing close to the same. That's true as well.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah and never forget that money is the lifeblood of Bruce's achievements. Steve was a sickly poverty stricken kid in depression era brooklyn who probably wouldn't have made it out of his 20's without the serum. If steve had a billion dollars to invest in himself maybe things would be different, but their circumstances starting out were nothing close to the same.

Steve was also regularly getting the living shit beaten out of him.

While Bruce was fellatio'd to sleep by 4 maids at the same time.

riv6672
^^^I've only ever seen Alfred in flashbacks to Bruce's childhood. huh

Raisen
people throw the peak human thing around a lot but peak human is different because some people just have better genetics. i truly believe it means the peak to that individual, not humans in general. how could you even gauge what all humans across the spectrum can achieve? yeah, cap's powers came from a bottle and medicine affects us all differently. steve's genetic potential was obviously shit compared to batman's potential.
i say batman will shit stomp cap in this case

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^I've only ever seen Alfred in flashbacks to Bruce's childhood. huh

Alfred loves to play dress-up and always invites his friends when he does.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Ap_itixuFYU/hqdefault.jpg

h1a8
Originally posted by spetznaz
They'd still be about equal physically. Why? Because the SSS takes someone to peak human (obviously in comics 'peak human' is far more than peak human, but that's another discussion). Both of them would be peak human. The only difference is that the SSS had to do a LOT (exponentially) more work taking Steve from scrawny to super, and for Bruce Wayne the distance to travel would be a LOT (significantly) less as he's already, more or less, 'peak human.'

In many ways, the only advantage would be that he'd be able to go on for longer without getting tired (and even that is not that much considering in the events leading to Knight Fall he was fighting nonstop for days on end before the fatigue started catching up to him in a way that enabled Bane, who's not a nobody, to get the better of him). Or how, in another arc I cannot recall right now, he was so stretched he even had a 'sub-personality' to take over when his main psyche was under attack, or when he used thogal to fake his own death.

In a nutshell, the SSS would simply make Bruce and Steve at the same exact level, since it makes those who take it (and survive, or even find it as it's apparently hard to replicate) peak humans.

It's just that in Steve's case the SSS took a junk (lemon) Honda Civic and turned it into the (fastest) Bugatti Veyron (ever made), while in Bruce's case the SSS took a brand new (fastest) Lamborghini Aventador (ever made) and turned it into the (fastest) Bugatti Veyron (ever made).

It's the improvement made that would be the main difference. Steve was taken through a much longer improvement curve, while Bruce would definitely undergo a much smaller improvement.

This is speculation. Do you have any proof? After all Cap was indeed superhuman. Maybe the writer's (who don't know science well) intended on him being peak human but who knows? Wasn't there an instance where Cap was taking strength dampeners to get rid of his superhuman strength?

So I don't think the SSS brings a person to peak human status but ABOVE that.

spetznaz
Originally posted by h1a8
This is speculation. Do you have any proof? After all Cap was indeed superhuman. Maybe the writer's (who don't know science well) intended on him being peak human but who knows? Wasn't there an instance where Cap was taking strength dampeners to get rid of his superhuman strength?

So I don't think the SSS brings a person to peak human status but ABOVE that.

I don't have any 'proof' as what we're discussing is low-level fiction that was traditionally aimed at kids but has generally, to a large extent, evolved to where it can (keyword: can) be enjoyed by adults. Moreover, abilities not only change based on writers but also evolve over time. Thus, a character like Superman/boy can go from simply leaping over buildings, to flying because he came from a place with 'very strong gravity,' to crazily sneezing away solar systems and stringing along planets on a chain (I wonder what the chain was made of ...yawn ...) and back full circle to simply being a really really strong man in a t-shirt.

Thus, I simply use the most common interpretation of the SSS, which is taking someone to the 'peak of human perfection.' Sure, being low-level fiction, comics show 'peak human' as Cap using his shield to slice through tanks, or batman kicking down a tree or dodging sniper bullets by 'feeling the overpressure of air caused by the bullet,' but 'peak human' nonetheless

So, I don't have 'proof' for you, and like anything in COMICS it is all speculation, but the most common portrayal of the SSS is bringing someone to the absolute peak of human potential (comic book human potential).

As an aside, this is why (the few times) I post I normally concentrate on where there's opportunity for logic and thought. If you can debate that Hulk is stronger than Superman, and show how, you can convince a board of trustees for a pension fund to change their asset allocation from an overhang of commercial paper to corporate bonds. It's a form of mental chess.

It's also why I don't get too bothered if people are adamant that Superman can beat Hulk, or Hulk can beat Superman. That moves from logical interplay to arguments over a silly green character and a silly man who shoots fire from his eyes.

I digress ...the reason I posted what I posted is simply because the most common portrayal of SSS is it turns someone into the (comic book level) peak of human potential. Different writers may change that, in the same way DC had a 'special' type of Venom give Batman the ability to draw blood from Superman by punches, but I simply use the most common portrayal.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Steve was also regularly getting the living shit beaten out of him.

While Bruce was fellatio'd to sleep by 4 maids at the same time.

Bruce was getting that while steve was sleeping on couch cusions on the phucking floor and stuffing newspaper in his shoes laughing out loud

lawest9
Bump.

Blue Area Vet
Yeah and never forget that money is the lifeblood of Bruce's achievements. Steve was a sickly poverty stricken kid in depression era brooklyn who probably wouldn't have made it out of his 20's without the serum. If steve had a billion dollars to invest in himself maybe things would be different, but their circumstances starting out were nothing close to the same. thumb up thumb up thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.