What if all the people in all the eras are actually equal?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKBart
Like, let's see.

Greatest an hero
TotJ - Nomi Sunrider
TOR - Revan
RotE - Yoda
NJO/early Legacy - Luke Skywalker
Legacy - Kol Skywalker

The main bad
TotJ - Exar Kun
TOR - Valkorion
RotE - Palpatine
NJO/early legacy - Darth Caedus
Legacy - Darth Krayt

The shining star of the era
TotJ - Ulic Qel-Droma
TOR - Hero of Tython
RotE - Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader
NJO/early Legacy - Jaina Solo
Legacy - Cade Skywalker

mind blown

Syndicate
Crazy stuff bro.

cs_zoltan
Even Bane?

JKBart
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Even Bane?

yes

Darth Abonis
Stories tend to repeat themselves. Their are only so many plotlines and character types

Nephthys
The Hero of Tython is a superior an hero than Revan, in terms of TOR. Revan's literally the biggest **** up in SW history.

Even 'Thor > Revan.

NewGuy01
no one wants ur fcking communist powerlevels polefag

Q99
Personally, I don't think the eras vary as much as many do- the amount of inborn potential isn't going to change much, nor is the level of talent in lightsaber dueling (which unlike force wielding, doesn't need as much trained knowledge to get tops in), and etc..

Not quite equal, but not as huge gaps as many assume.

Col. Valerian
The 'main bad' block is by far the most impressive.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nephthys
The Hero of Tython is a superior an hero than Revan, in terms of TOR. Revan's literally the biggest **** up in SW history.

Even 'Thor > Revan. Revan saved the republic from a threat equalling Valkorion.

If the Star Forge continued, it would have quickly destroyed the republic.

He was able to stave off Vitiate for 300 years, giving them ample time to prepare for him.

Which they did, attributed by the Hero of Tython.

Nephthys
The Star Forge was only a factor because Revan found it and used it against the Republic. Malak was only a threat because Revan pushed him into the dark side. Vitiate's Sith Empire was only a threat because Revan's war had weakened the Republic enough and depleted the Jedi enough that they couldn't have possibly beaten it. They wouldn't have needed 300 years if he hadn't ****ed up.

Valkorion is only a threat because Revan revived him.

Col. Valerian
Revan... mariofacepalm

FreshestSlice
Revan and Malak attacked the Republic because Vitiate made them, and they only went after the Star Forge because Vitiate made them. If it wasn't those two, it would have been two others.

Nephthys
Which he only did because they arrogantly walked into a trap like complete morons.

"Unsurpassed genius" my ass.

FreshestSlice
"We can totally redeem him. Let's take the Emperor in alive."

Nephthys
My HoT was never that stupid. I killed his ass first chance I got.

Tol Braga was a twit, yeah. But his **** ups weren't on the same level as Revans.

Col. Valerian
Revan was a retard thinking they could redeem the Emperor. It's like attempting to redeem Sidious, or worse.

FreshestSlice
My HoT was never that stupid. I killed his ass first chance I got.

Tol Braga was a twit, yeah. But his **** ups weren't on the same level as Revans.
Your HoT is not the HoT, so that really doesn't matter.

He was planning to help Vitiate eat the galaxy. On purpose. Yeah, he ****ed up big.

Nephthys
PTSD is a hell of a drug.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Revan and Malak attacked the Republic because Vitiate made them, and they only went after the Star Forge because Vitiate made them. If it wasn't those two, it would have been two others. Actually, at some point they broke free from his control, but they were already so dark-sided up that they just said "**** it", and continue down their dark path. Don't think Vitiate had anything to do with the Star Forge, if he wanted it so badly, he could have gotten it himself, and still used Revan and Malak as the puppets, no one would know it was him.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Revan was a retard thinking they could redeem the Emperor. It's like attempting to redeem Sidious, or worse.
Revan wanted to assassinate the Emperor. His plan was to orchestrate chaos and anarchy within the reconstituted ancient Sith Empire. Revan would then proceed to invade it with his armies and finish it off.

Problem was that the Emperor was way too powerful and well-informed, a fact that Revan learned the hard way.

Which he only did because they arrogantly walked into a trap like complete morons.

"Unsurpassed genius" my ass.
Malak actually cautioned Revan from attempting to assassinate the Emperor.

Revan, on the other hand, was confident in his abilities. If you are the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy and a brilliant tactician, you will not be afraid.

---

In a way, we can neither fault Malak and nor Revan for attempting to assassinate the Emperor.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Revan and Malak attacked the Republic because Vitiate made them, and they only went after the Star Forge because Vitiate made them. If it wasn't those two, it would have been two others. Huh? Like who? Vitiate was just being opportunistic and exploiting Revan and Malak's fall to the dark side, which they were entirely themselves responsible for.

It wasn't part of some master plan, Vitiate only knew about the Star Forge because Revan and Malak discovered it for him.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Huh? Like who? Vitiate was just being opportunistic and exploiting Revan and Malak's fall to the dark side, which they were entirely themselves responsible for.

Whoever else was in charge of the giant army of Jedi, maybe? Obviously events were set up to where Revan and Malak were ideal, but it's not like Revan planned to sack the Republic. That particular plotline was removed.

I might be misremembering things, but considering they'd only need it because Vitiate wants them to attack the galaxy, it really doesn't matter. The only reason Revan and Malak went into the Unknown Regions was to find out what's there, and kill the Sith if it was them.

Beniboybling
Nah. If it had been anyone else they would have never turned to the dark side, gone to Malachor, and discovered the Sith Empire's existence.

FreshestSlice
They weren't turned to the Dark Side, just falling, before going to the Sith Empire, and everyone who went to Malachor was changed. I mean if you think literally no one would go, they'd just be steamrolled by the Sith Empire then given they'd do shit against the Mandalorians and have almost no military.

ares834
They certainly had fallen prior to Vitiate's influence. Just look at what he did at Malachor V.

FreshestSlice
The novel disagrees.

ares834
Isn't it from a character statement?

Revan deliberately killed his own non-loyal men and created a tool to convert Jedi to his cause. He was 100% DS. Vitiate just made him a Sith and sent him back to conquer the Republic.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by ares834
Isn't it from a character statement?

Revan deliberately killed his own non-loyal men and created a tool to convert Jedi to his cause. He was 100% DS. Vitiate just made him a Sith and sent him back to conquer the Republic.
It's from quite a few characters actually, including Revan himself who has no reason to lie. Then there would be the Exile not noticing, although since she's a next-level fangirl that's not as odd as it sounds I guess. That being said, Revan didn't even come up with the Mass Shadow Generator, he just used it. Most of the "Revan did these things deliberately" plotlines make no appearance in the novel.

ares834
What is Revan's exact quote? It's been awhile since I've read the novel but I recall it being along the lines of Vitiate completing their fall which I always took to mean he made them Sith. Their other actions though are those of a dark sider and those actions are canonical whether they are in the novel or not.

Edit: And TBH, I pretty much straight up ignore most of the nonsense that shitty ass book spews anyway.

FreshestSlice

AncientPower
Multiple statements contradict that, including Chronicles of the Old Republic, and Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide.

FreshestSlice
Oh well. Revan is newer and is what ties into TOR, where it's again stated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.