Good Movies where a Knight/Knights fight Dragons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Preferably from the 80's to the present.

Space Knights/Wizards don't count.

Preferably using swords or some type of physical weapon, not magic.

Though magic weapons/enchanted weapons are fine.

Preferably not a kids movie, like B-Rated kids movie.

PG and up is fine.

jaden101
The Witcher ep4: The Dragon

It's terrible though.

CPT Space Bomb
I don't remember if there is alot of fighting but here are a few that probably feature what you're looking for.

Dragonheart
Reign Of Fire
Beowulf

ares834
Dragonslayer is pretty much the most iconic 80's dragon film. But it's not a good film.

Jmanghan
There's absolutely no good Knight vs Dragon movies? Its a classic trope, yet no
one can adequetely recreate it??

steverules_2
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I don't remember if there is alot of fighting but here are a few that probably feature what you're looking for.

Dragonheart
Reign Of Fire
Beowulf

I was gonna say Reign of fire too, although it's not really knights it's kinda close to it

tkitna
My son used to like and watch a movie called Eragon when he was younger but i've never seen it.

Impediment
Flight of Dragons.

An animated movie starring the voices of James Earl Jones, John Ritter, and Harry Morgan.

A very, very good watch.

Jmanghan
Sweeeeeeeeeet.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by tkitna
My son used to like and watch a movie called Eragon when he was younger but i've never seen it. Yeah, but thats more of a Dragon vs Dragon movie, I know Eragon is the one riding the Dragon, but it doesn't change the fact that the Dragon is the one dealing the blows.

Jmanghan
Oh, forgot, one last rule: No staves/staffs as weapons.

tkitna
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Yeah, but thats more of a Dragon vs Dragon movie, I know Eragon is the one riding the Dragon, but it doesn't change the fact that the Dragon is the one dealing the blows.

Gotcha. I just knew it had dragons in it. Good luck with your search.

Newjak
Dragonheart is a great movie where Knights fight Dragons and with Dragons.

Flight of the Dragons is one I forgot but is absolutely fun.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by tkitna
Gotcha. I just knew it had dragons in it. Good luck with your search. Mate even if it doesn't fit my criteria, its still a relatively good movie, I'd suggest checking it out if you still have it.

Tzeentch
http://www.duskbeforethedawn.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/reign_of_fire.jpg

steverules_2
Puff the magic dragon shifty

Jmanghan
bump

jinXed by JaNx
beowolf

Jmanghan
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
beowolf Beowulf was alright.

I just saw a movie called Dragonlance: Dragons of Autumn Twilight.

I thought that was pretty good.

LOL Jk it sucked.

We need some good goddamn Knight vs Dragon movies in this piece.

Jmanghan
bump.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by steverules_2
I was gonna say Reign of fire too, although it's not really knights it's kinda close to it

It was enjoyable but also the biggest disappointment when it came to expectations.

I remember the promotional posters depicting a squadron of Apache helicopters battling a horde of dragons. It looked epic!

Sadly only one helicopter & one dragon & they weren't even in the same scene together!

Jmanghan
There's a pseudo-dragon fight in Justin and the Knight's of Valour.

Obviously HTTYD1 is a good one.

Jmanghan
BUMP

Jmanghan
bump

NotAllThatEvil
Sleeping beauty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.