Supergirl vs Thor(Jane Foster)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nusa105
Morals on

In character

Standard versions

Death or KO or any means

Metropolis

Who wins?

Stoic
Isn't this getting a little out of hand? Foster has yet to show anything better than an over-hyped knock down. No offense, but let's see how things go next issue.

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
Isn't this getting a little out of hand? Foster has yet to show anything better than an over-hyped knock down. No offense, but let's see how things go next issue.
You see the latest scans? It's a LOT more than a mere knockdown. She's done more vs Odin than anyone short of Galactus.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by zopzop
You see the latest scans? It's a LOT more than a mere knockdown. She's done more vs Odin than anyone short of Galactus. I see her leaving him an angry heap on the floor and the battle gets stopped before he gets put down.

It will be his worse loss.

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop
You see the latest scans? It's a LOT more than a mere knockdown. She's done more vs Odin than anyone short of Galactus.

It's the writing that's shit. Odin under the correct writer would have placed her in an eldritch containment bubble after face planting her into the dirt. Unless of course Jane Thor has more power than Thor who also inherited his mother's powers. That is and has always been one of the things that separated all of the other ersatz Thor's from the original. The writer of this story has managed to toss 50 yrs of continuity out of the window. This is honestly as bad as Loeb's Rulk.

DarkSaint85

She also controls Mjolnir far better than Thor Odinson ever did.

Ripped vibranium/adamantium/whatever.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
She also controls Mjolnir far better than Thor Odinson ever did.

Ripped vibranium/adamantium/whatever.

I know. I wanted to forget the Adamantium ripping part though. I mean, you do recall Nul and what he did right? This entire thing places some pretty bad implications on more than just Odin if you follow. It's a universe wide retcon unless they steer away from this course.

Mindship
It's the writing that's shit. Odin under the correct writer would have placed her in an eldritch containment bubble after face planting her into the dirt. Unless of course Jane Thor has more power than Thor who also inherited his mother's powers. That is and has always been one of the things that separated all of the other ersatz Thor's from the original. The writer of this story has managed to toss 50 yrs of continuity out of the window. There's 50 yrs of comics patriarchy to overcompensate for.

Since Marvel already did a zombiverse, how about a Caitlinverse, where it can be shown, once and for all, that all politically-correct, female versions are (not equal to but) naturally more powerful than their original male counterparts.

It's a universe wide retcon unless they steer away from this course. It's the *V* revolution, man.

h1a8
Speed wins here. Without speed Supergirl loses.

celeyhyga17
Thor wrecks

D-Block
Thor

Khazra Reborn
I don't like Whor, but more so I don't like what she represents. But even I will admit that it was bad ass when she attacked Odin with Jupiters red spot storm.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by h1a8
Speed wins here. Without speed Supergirl loses. well Jane's battle with Odin showed they both were battling at a rate of speed that Supergirl wouldn't even have a edge in that department

carver9
Thor

Philosophía
Originally posted by DarkOdin
well Jane's battle with Odin showed they both were battling at a rate of speed that Supergirl wouldn't even have a edge in that department No, they weren't. Supergirl would speedblitz the shit out of Jane if it came to it.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Pre-DcnU Supergirl 7/10
PC Supergirl a stomp
Current Supergirl, dunno probably 6/10
DoS Supergirl (Matrix) Jane 9/10

DarkOdin
Doubt it, their combat speed was very impressive bouceing for Saturn to Jupiter in the time it takes to grow 2 Punch's Supergirl is not speed blitzing jane

DarkSaint85
Well, there's the fight with Barry. Though Barry was not out to hit her.

Philosophía
Doubt it, their combat speed was very impressive bouceing for Saturn to Jupiter in the time it takes to grow 2 Punch's Supergirl is not speed blitzing jane That's travel speed. Green Lanterns fight across planetary distances, too.

In close quarters, Jane wouldn't even know what hit her.

abhilegend

Philosophía
Originally posted by abhilegend
Supergirl vanished right in front of Wally and he didn't even knew it. I think this is DCnU, no?

abhilegend

Philosophía
Originally posted by abhilegend
Ah yes, even she has feats like fighting Flash in an extended speedblitz. Yeah.

Also, Wonder Woman said Supergirl is as fast as her, which in itself means she is much faster than Jane.

krisblaze
Naw, jthor is fast. Shell just toss the hammer and itll kill sg.

Henry_Pym
Are the big 2 in a contest to see who can ruin there brand first?

Philosophía
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Are the big 2 in a contest to see who can ruin there brand first? They're pandering to 'females' and shitting on the male ones.

I sincerily hope they lose the majority of their male fans (i.e. 90% of their actual readers) for this, but they're too brainwashed to drop the books.

DarkOdin
The issue was clear that both Odin and Jane were fighting at FTL as they bouced from the moon's and other planets, Supergirl is not blitzing Jane let alone mjolnir which had on panel speed blitz

Philosophía
The issue was clear that both Odin and Jane were fighting at FTL as they bouced from the moon's and other planets That's not combat speed, that's travel speed. Green Lanterns fight across interplanetary distances, too. I already told you this.

ShadowFyre
But Mjolnir has actual speedblitzing feats as well and Jane can react just fine in up close and personal. She can hang with DCNU Supergirl just fine.

Pre-obviously whips her ass tho.

Philosophía
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Jane can react just fine in up close and personal. She can hang with DCNU Supergirl just fine. What close and personal feats does Jane have that even come close to Supergirl?

DarkOdin
Again Supergirl is not speed blitzing Jane, Jane has the speed to move and avoid super girl unless your saying Jane just stands there and gets pummeled. And again mjolnir has speed blitzing feats, and mjolnir will do more damage then Supergir'sl fist

Philosophía
Again Supergirl is not speed blitzing Jane, Jane has the speed to move and avoid super girl unless your saying Jane just stands there and gets pummeled. And again mjolnir has speed blitzing feats So I take it you have absolutely no hand to hand, close quarter speed feats from Jane to prove she can even percieve the fight has started? Jane has to react to Supergirl's attacks. She has to see her movements.

You really have nothing to show as comparable? Or even close?

DarkOdin
Jane was enclosed in a small room and mjolnir speed blitzed all the frost giants that ambushed her. As much I hate Jane she has been producing amazing feats

Philosophía
Jane was enclosed in a small room and mjolnir speed blitzed all the frost giants that ambushed her. Frost Giants =/= Supergirl.

Also, Jane has to first react to Supergirl and move in order to throw the hammer, which hasn't been shown to be able to keep up with something as fast as Supergirl in the first place.

So again:
You need to post actual close quarters combat speed feats from Jane. Not 'show throws the hammer and it takes care of the rest, because Frost Giants are totally Supergirl!'' bullshit...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Jane wins.

And if anyone does the speed blitzing, it'll be Mjolnir. It's faster and hits harder than Supergirl.

ShadowFyre
You need to calm down sir. I also think Super girl wins but all any of you say when the word super is involved is that they speedblitz and stomp. There is never any good fight with you. Just that Super stomos every time all the time and thats it. It doesent matter if Supergirl was fighting every Abstract in Marvel at the same time, you would just copy and paste that super-man/woman/anything with super in it speedblitz stomps everybody and there is zero chance that the other team could possibly even hurt them.

Anyway,as stated by others, Kara should win in a decent fight but Jane literally relies soley on Mjolnir to pretty much even tell her what she is able to do and I just dont see her hanging with Kara or WW unless she uses Mjolnir properly and starts going all out with more exotic powers.

I think Angela or Cap Marvel +Jane vs. Supergirl would be a better fight.

DarkOdin
The very fact you think super girl can take Jane down in a spped blitz is just closed minded she literally has Thor strength and durability plus she can react to FTL objects as Thor has done since she is in fact thor

carver9
Jane just hurt Odin, something far above anything Supergirl has done and she hurt Odin which is far above Supergirl level as well. This is a stomp if we look at fts. She also matched the Destroyer and ripped through Vibranium enhanced Adamntium shielded walls with her bare hands. When it comes to fts, Supergirl gets pooped on.

celeyhyga17
She tanks an initial blitz. Then magic hammer to the dome.

carver9
Who is writing Jane? I remember him saying her and Hulk are the most powerful beings in the Universe. I need him on Hulk titles. I just cant remember his name.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
Who is writing Jane? I remember him saying her and Hulk are the most powerful beings in the Universe. I need him on Hulk titles.
Huh?

It's WST writer. Jason Aaron.

carver9
Rage posted an interview a while back before the title first began. Great read

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
Rage posted an interview a while back before the title first began. Great read
So you care little for story(though I am actually enjoying Thor)
and as usual looking for uber feats...

Feat whore.

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17

Feat whore.

Lol...no, the story is amazing and even though Jane did too good against Odin, the comic was great. He's a good writer.

Delta1938
Originally posted by celeyhyga17

Feat whore.

Feet whore? I didn't know he was that specialized. I thought he was just a regular cross dressing--OHHHHHHHH. Never mind.

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud

SamZED
Originally posted by Delta1938
Feet whore? I didn't know he was that specialized. I thought he was just a regular cross dressing--OHHHHHHHH. Never mind. I googled feet whore just to see what you mean. You have my thanks.

krisblaze
If anything Jane has really cemented the fact that a scrawny woman riddled with cancer is stronger than a man with a limp.

h1a8
Originally posted by krisblaze
If anything Jane has really cemented the fact that a scrawny woman riddled with cancer is stronger than a man with a limp.

What's crazy is that many beings in Marvel can cure cancer. Just matter manipulate the cancer cells. Jane should simply go and find Surfer, or even ask Odin to do it.

krisblaze
She has already been offered a cure and refused it.

h1a8
Originally posted by krisblaze
She has already been offered a cure and refused it. from who

krisblaze
Thor/Asgard

DarkSaint85
http://i41.tinypic.com/be8osw.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.