Ahsoka, Kanan & Ezra: Going to Malachor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
If I remember correctly, Disney said that the EU is not canon. Now why are they using the Battle of Malachor V in the next episode? Does this mean they are going to mention Meetra Surik, Revan, Malak & the other Jedi Masters & Sith Lords from KOTOR? If Disney does this makes them canon. So is Disney willing to reverse its decision on the EU?

FreshestSlice
Uh, no they aren't, just using the planet, no, and no.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
If I remember correctly, Disney said that the EU is not canon.

Yes.

No.

No.

Yes.

No.

Darth Abonis
The Story Group mentioned that they would dip into the EU and use stuff they wanted when and if the time came. They are like vultures picking at carrion

|King Joker|
"There's always a bit of truth in legends."

AncientPower
More likely they use Malachor like Korriban.

Beniboybling
I think it will be interesting to see what backstory they give to Malachor, if one at all. It's not impossible that it could align with Legends to an extent.

AncientPower
It can't align with legends if in legends it was utterly destroyed a second time by the Remote.

Beniboybling
That's why I say to an extent.

AncientPower
I could see a retcon somewhat of the LS ending I guess, but that kind of ruins the point of no more echoes in the Force.

AncientPower
Real question is why Yoda would send Ezra to Malachor in the first place.

Nephthys
Because Yoda is a senile twit.

NewGuy01
Because the writing for this arc is forced and terrible.

NTJack0
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
If Disney does this makes them canon. So is Disney willing to reverse its decision on the EU? https://m.popkey.co/0a3119/EG7bQ.gif

Darth Abonis
I agree. Why would Yoda send them to Malachor? That's unbelievably dangerous. Its almost like he wants to kill them off.

NewGuy01
thumb up He wants his line in RotJ to make sense.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by NewGuy01
thumb up He wants his line in RotJ to make sense. Pretty much.

Ahsoka doesn't have to die to make his line make sense though 'cause she ain't a Jedi. smile

Emperordmb
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Pretty much.

Ahsoka doesn't have to die to make his line make sense though 'cause she ain't a Jedi. smile
I'm starting to suspect the entire reason Filoni had her leave the Jedi Order was so he wouldn't have to kill her off.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'm starting to suspect the entire reason Filoni had her leave the Jedi Order was so he wouldn't have to kill her off. We'll see. There's a good chance she'll bite the dust in Twilight of the Apprentice, though.

Unless the 'apprentice' is Ezra... Hmmm.

Darth Abonis
Maybe Rebels will go for an edgy cool twist, where Ezra turns to the Dark Side and becomes Maul's new apprentice. Now that would be something, and Season 3 would be his former friends fighting against them, and Ezra kills them all- except Chopper- muwhahahahaha

ares834
Hopefully we get a Revan holocron appearance there. We almost got it in the Mortis episodes so I think it's a very real possibility.

red8
My dream is that they mention the Jedi Exile using the mass shadow generator on Malachor, but due to time constraints, they forget to make Revan canon. I could taste the salt of millions of fanboys crying in unison.

FreshestSlice
Kek at anyone remembering the Exile before Revan or without him.

red8
It would be wonderful.

NewGuy01
I actually don't think I'd even be okay with that, much less happy. The Sith world of Malachor being a thing is fine, but I'd rather not have anything else related to KOTOR II at all even touched in canon.

Emperordmb
I'd be fine with a reference to Revan as long as they don't include the part about him becoming Gollum.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.