How Powerful Is Darth Maul Now?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Well, everyone knows he's in Star Wars Rebels now, and we know that he's been on Malachor for an unspecified amount of time. So, how much more powerful has he gotten since we've last seen him in Son of Dathomir? Is he now more of a decrepit wizard character? A loss of his overall fighting prowess - akin to Obi-Wan in A New Hope? Or has he maintained his fighting skills? What do you think his overall fighting ability and/or Force ability will be? So yeah, post your thoughts, loves.

NewGuy01
Evil Ben Kenobi.

Syndicate
He's a Dooku level force user with atrophied physicals and martial skill.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Evil Ben Kenobi.

This seems about right. I feel like it's sorta unoriginal though.

carthage
Where is it stated his physical abilities atrophied?

The guy could punch holes through Wampas, and slaughter Armored Vong with his bare hands.

His physical regimen is hardwired into him, if anything he's still as physically capable as in Son of Dathomir but much more powerful in the force due to his time spent in the temple on Malachor

Syndicate
It's not stated anywhere. It's how I believe he's going to be portrayed. What you're suggesting may be in character for him but then when has Filoni attempted to portray SW characters accurately?

S_W_LeGenD
What if he becomes Snoke?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
What if he becomes Snoke? erm

Nephthys
I think he's going to be less than he used to be due to having his spirit broken from losing so much to Sidious and spending like 20 years stewing in failure and hopelessness.

NTJack0
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
What if he becomes Snoke? This meme needs to die.

NewGuy01
No, but I honestly think he might be involved with Snoke and the Knights of Ren now.

FreshestSlice
I kind of want Maul to die and be buried in a star so he can never be relevant again. Erza is Snoke confirmed tho.

NewGuy01
thumb up

Sabine Wren tbh

FreshestSlice
It rhymes! It's like pottery!

ILS
More powerful than Vader

Nephthys
Lawl.

Darth Abonis
Not powerful to be a major threat, but powerful enough to help fight the Inquisitors and Vader.

Kurk
Evil Ben Kenobi.

AncientPower
Enough to train Ezra into a serious threat, then if we're all incredibly lucky Vader tracks down and kills him for good, cementing his place as Palpatine's strongest creation on screen.

carthage
http://www.lightersideoftheforce.com/2016/03/darth-maul-vs-darth-vader-rumored-for.html

3:17 in the Video, a leaked image of Maul's new toy for Rebels shows Maul wielding a modified saber staff. It could very well be the weapon he uses in Twilight of the apprentice

|King Joker|
Do you guys think Maul will do better or worse than Ahsoka against Vader? (Assuming he fights Vader which is fairly likely).

FreshestSlice
I'd say better if Filoni wasn't in charge. But he is.

|King Joker|
http://hellogiggles.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/28/50900-Ellen-Page-shrug-gif-Tb30.gif

ILS
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I'd say better if Filoni wasn't in charge. But he is.

Sinious
Maul's lucky Vader can't cast lightning, ILS. smile

|King Joker|
Can you see the future, ILS? The future where Ahsoka is Maul's superior? Because I can see that future; and a beautiful one it is. smile

ILS
Well, at least I don't wank Malgus or Ahsoka, kek.

Sinious
What a comeback. #ruinedmyday

|King Joker|
?v=qQbAve5UKvo

This is so great.

hutchy1345
Maul confirmed old ben kenobi part 2 hahaha

|King Joker|
Unless he's bullshitting like Sidious always did with the cane.

hutchy1345
I hope so

Zenwolf
Ok that was so bizarre seeing Maul act like that..

Beniboybling
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Unless he's bullshitting like Sidious always did with the cane. Fairly sure that "cane" is in fact his lightsaber, so I would say so. Or at the very least its a Yoda thing, seeing as he went into the effort of making it...

What's this about "the Inquisitor" though? Only the Grand Inquisitor has been referred to as such. Is the 3rd Inquisitor the new GI then?

NewGuy01
This new Inquisitor definitely seems to be the one that's on par with Ventress.

carthage
A leaked upcoming toy of Old Master Maul shows he wields a modified version of his old TPM saberstaff. I think the cane might be an act

|King Joker|

FreshestSlice
And he was begging like a ***** then, so you know it's bad.

|King Joker|
LOL

JKBart
i want to see maul rekt ahsoka and then rescue rebels to make them abandon ahsoka to be killed by vadur, because the rebuls, seeing maul's superiority, will prefer to join him instead of ahsuka & co

smile

Syndicate
This new Inquisitor definitely seems to be the one that's on par with Ventress.

I'll 1v1 you mate.

ILS
Interesting developments...

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ILS
Interesting developments... Are you feeling good or bad about them?

ILS
Good initially.

FreshestSlice
Darth Kenobi

Beniboybling
Originally posted by carthage
A leaked upcoming toy of Old Master Maul shows he wields a modified version of his old TPM saberstaff. I think the cane might be an act Yeah like I said, the cane is his saberstaff.

|King Joker|
BUMP

FreshestSlice
A well below Kanan-tier.

Lord Stark
He's certainly gotten weaker imo.

carthage
lmao

Emperordmb
Well sheeyat the ending of TPM just repeated itself.

NewGuy01
Well, I can't watch the damn episode, but Ant is saying that Maul is way more impressive than you guys are letting on.

Emperordmb
Oh he and Ahsoka were fighting pretty damn evenly and he butchered the inquisitors. But what happened with Kanan was basically TPM all over again except dumber.

ILS
stream link plz b0sssssssssssss

carthage
i ****ing know.

I want to see this shit

NewGuy01

carthage
someone post a god damn link

Dark-Kenshin
Maul stomped the 7th sister effortlessly and only appears to have been using the cane as a clever ruse. Therefore, I'd say he hasn't lost any power or skill and instead remains as strong as ever. So for whatever reason, Kanan > Maul > Ventress.

JKBart
someone post a god damn link

Syndicate
Lol. Still feeling good ILS?

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Maul stomped the 7th sister effortlessly and only appears to have been using the cane as a clever ruse. Therefore, I'd say he hasn't lost any power or skill and instead remains as strong as ever. So for whatever reason, Kanan > Maul > Ventress.

Lol stomped? She was fighting Ezra at the same time. I don't think Maul is as powerful as he was in the Clone Wars at all.

Syndicate
Alright guys this is how it is.

Inquisitors are trash.

Ahsoka is sub Ventress level.

Maul is sub Ventress level.

Kanan is God.

smile

carthage
23:34 into the episode he outright admits he can't best Vader on his own.

Hmm

carthage
honestly the fight between him and Maul was pretty shit

FreshestSlice
Kanan just grabs his arm and throws him off the cliff. pretty anticlimactic and like five seconds long, but it does show Kanan's improvement, and it's a nice mirror to the SoL.

ILS
I feel like Filoni used BFRing as a way of progressing the story at the expense of giving inconclusive, shitty fight scenes. Though Ahsoka vs Vader was great.

NewGuy01
Maul ****ing raped the Inquisitors on several occasions, what are you talking about?

ILS
That was great as well. What I mean is, ever since Son of Dathomir or hell, even TCW, every time Maul's been in a fight with another major character it's been inconclusive. One side had to run away for X reason, they get separated, or Kanan achieves oneness and throws Maul off a cliff. I get the impression that Filoni runs out of ideas and just thinks "eh, throw him off a cliff AND CUT TO AHSOKA AND VADER" because of the limited episode time.

carthage
I never would put that out his abilities, though.

Lesser Sith could repeat that showing tbh, Ahsoka was fighting them one at a time as well

NewGuy01
He's weaker than before, like Ben Kenobi, but he's still very strong; moreso than Ventress or Ahsoka for sure.

Lord Stark
He's weaker than before, like Ben Kenobi, but he's still very strong; moreso than Ventress or Ahsoka for sure.

Even if he was superior to Ventress he's firmly below Ahsoka. laughing

carthage
Nothing indicates he became weaker, only that he and Ahsoka had crossed blades before and that he's not a match for Vader alone. He still ragdolled the Seventh Sister/lifted those massive slabs of rock in the temple, etc- what proof do you have that his force connection diminished?

I'm not seeing Ben Kenobi stomp the Inquisitors with the same mobility Maul had

|King Joker|
For as long as it went on, Ahsoka vs. Maul was pretty even.

FreshestSlice
Ahsoka and Maul are definitely peers.

Lord Stark
Nothing indicates he became weaker, only that he and Ahsoka had crossed blades before and that he's not a match for Vader alone. He still ragdolled the Seventh Sister/lifted those massive slabs of rock in the temple, etc- what proof do you have that his force connection diminished?

I'm not seeing Ben Kenobi stomp the Inquisitors with the same mobility Maul had

I'm not saying his connection to the force is diminished. I think his skills with a blade diminishing is undeniable though. Ben Kenobi would solo the Inquisitorius we've seen lol. He gave Vader a better fight than Ahsoka did...which again points to Kenobi being severely underrated.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Lord Stark
I'm not saying his connection to the force is diminished. I think his skills with a blade diminishing is undeniable though. Ben Kenobi would solo the Inquisitorius we've seen lol. He gave Vader a better fight than Ahsoka did...which again points to Kenobi being severely underrated. No... no he didn't.

FreshestSlice
Kek, Ben was struggling the entire duel in the novel. At least Ahsoka kept up the beginning.

Rebel95
I don't think he's gotten any weaker, his force and saber skills both looked good other than the deal with Kanan. We'll have to see more though.

Nephthys
Lets remember that the last time Kanan stomped an opponent he went back to being outmatched in the next fight.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by Nephthys
Lets remember that the last time Kanan stomped an opponent he went back to being outmatched in the next fight. This show can be a tad bit inconsistent. How is it that Ahsoka can easily take on both 7th sister and 5th brother, yet have a hard time when the 8th brother joins the battle and she has Kanan as backup? Then we see Maul practically soloing all three Inquisitors at once, only to then see him get his ass handed to him by a blind Kanan.

hutchy1345
Yeah rebels is extremely inconsistent with strength levels

Nephthys
For real though, I see Kanan's victory as both a high mark for him and a low mark for Maul. Kanan displayed some more of that extreme-focus that he had against the Grand Inquisitor and was basically fighting at his best. But I'm not putting him on Prime Maul level or anything because as with the GI, it's very possible he'll slump back down into mediocrity next fight. I'll wait and see Kanan's abilities fleshed out before judging him, cuz he's super inconsistent.

As for Maul I feel like the fight was yet another example of Maul underestimating someone and getting ****in' wrecked for it. It's practically his most consistent and defining character trait at this point. He lets his over-confidence, arrogance and tactical idiocy get in his way and bungles things like a moron. No wonder Sidious wants nothing to do with him, the man is an incompetent. You'd think at some point he'd actually learn from his mistakes but I guess not. It's also clear that he's diminished like I guessed he'd have.

I also think that canon in general and the cartoons are a lot more lax about power levels and crap, so every fighter is more or less the same speed and skill is less important than it is in other mediums. But thats just my opinion.

hutchy1345
Yes maul is an idiot at times lol was way too overconfident

Lord Stark
Its even more funny that Maul says 'I'll make this quick' that you did Maul when Kanan spun you into a body and had you tripping like a 5 year old at his first dance.

Nephthys
Ezra comes into frame, fiercely battling Darth Maul. But he's no match. Maul defeats Ezra is a stunning display of lightsaber power.

Ezra: "No, don't kill me."

Maul: "I'm the best, nothing can ever go wrong for me ever. Let me just continue to monologue about how cool I am instead of finishing you off while standing next to his conspicuous cliff for no rea-"

Suddenly Chopper rockets into frame and punts Maul into the abyss, screaming like a little child. Again. As he falls, a laugh track plays over the sound of "Wa wa waaaaaaa!"

Ezra makes a double finger gun gesture at Chopper in gratitude. Chopper, somehow, returns the gesture. ILS cries.

The End?

Syndicate
It's times like these I'm sad about our inability to like.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys
Ezra comes into frame, fiercely battling Darth Maul. But he's no match. Maul defeats Ezra is a stunning display of lightsaber power.

Ezra: "No, don't kill me."

Maul: "I'm the best, nothing can ever go wrong for me ever. Let me just continue to monologue about how cool I am instead of finishing you off while standing next to his conspicuous cliff for no rea-"

Suddenly Chopper rockets into frame and punts Maul into the abyss, screaming like a little child. Again. As he falls, a laugh track plays over the sound of "Wa wa waaaaaaa!"

Ezra makes a double finger gun gesture at Chopper in gratitude. Chopper, somehow, returns the gesture. ILS cries.

The End?

Can we also talk about how minutes after being introduced Eighth Brother gets wrecked by Chopper using his own fighter?? How humiliating this guy's brief existence in the canon was.

Nephthys
Humiliating? Someone should make a Chopper Respect Thread, more like.

Syndicate
Personal opinion after watching the episode is that Maul has atrophied physically to a slight-moderate degree, stayed about the same in regards to the power of his combative force powers and grew in knowledge.

Nephthys
To add to my above point, I think it's likely that if Maul had played it smart he could have just force pushed Kanan off the edge. His arrogance led him to try to kill Kanan quickly and do it sabers because he gets off on that shit and it undid him yet again. He really did not learn a damn thing. If nothing else, Sith are really ****ing predictable.

Darth Thor
No idea if this Maul is > or < than TCW/SOD Maul.

All I know is Blind Kanan stomping him like that was seriously f***ed up. And people make fun of his defeat in TPM. That was Epic, this was dumb as anything.

Dark-Kenshin
Blind Kanan stomps because he is Filoni's baby. Like a fanfic writer making their OC character ridiculously powerful. The same reason I expect him to push Ezra to uber-levels eventually (i.e. going toe to toe with Vader in an inconclusive duel). Bad writing? Perhaps, but it is what it is.

cs_zoltan
Finally someone who likes Filoni as much as I do.

FreshestSlice
Ezra is Snoke, so of course he'll be able to fight Vader. smile

Dark-Kenshin
Why does Maul try to punch Kanan in the face at 3:16?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krkvOy4OGeY

It's like he just wants his hand to get caught or chopped off.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Why does Maul try to punch Kanan in the face at 3:16?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krkvOy4OGeY

It's like he just wants his hand to get caught or chopped off.

Oh God damn thought it might be better seeing it a second time, but it's even worse!

He tried different moves. But Nothing worked facepalm

FreshestSlice
Goes from going toe-to-toe with Sidious and Ahsoka to tripping and falling off a cliff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.